Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 15, 2016 15:02

Thommie
Hairball
HankM
I think the Stones sounded much better tonight than last week. They got the cob webs knocked off, did whatever they do to get in the road state of mind and played like they can. I would bet Vegas in going to be great next week.

It's as if they locked themselves in a room all week and practiced 24/7 with no breaks.

Thanks for the reviews! Glad they seem to be back on top again.
Maybe it was a mistake to not do any shows before they hit the Desert Trip. Usually they need some shows to reach their top level.

I feel bad for those people who paid serious money only to watch a warm-up show. If you charge as much money for a concert like the Stones do, you have to be top-notch right from the start. I don't want to pay hundred of bucks to see a band that is rusty, still somewhat tired and not warmed-up because it's the beginning of the tour or something. Warm up my ass. You better deliver what I have paid for, otherwise you can KMA next time you are around.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Date: October 15, 2016 15:08

stone66
I'm waiting for the "Wrecking Crew" to chime in, that is, the set list complainers and/or the performance debunkers, etc.

Alright. They're back to recycling the same old quasi - "rare" songs again. (Besides the blues cover.)

Nothing actually rare like "Mixed Emotions" as far as original material goes.

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 15:25

Hansman, sorry you're just a fool and a Troll. Poor guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 15:30 by icke66.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: October 15, 2016 15:34

TheBlockbuster
Irix
Get Off Of My Cloud - Desert Trip #2 - Official Video Snippet: [www.youtube.com] .

Is the audio really from Desert Trip? Sounds like it's too well-mixed for being recorded only a few hours ago. I would guess they took the audio from Shanghai or Tel Aviv 2014.

I think this is Zilker Park 2006 actually.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2016 15:34

Irix
gotdablouse

In case anyone needs the full replay it's here in really good audio [www.periscope.tv]

And here for Download: [we.tl] .... smiling smiley

And here is the audio I extracted : [mega.co.nz]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 15, 2016 15:57

video: [youtu.be]

JUST YOUR FOOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 15:57 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:15

JumpingKentFlash
Knowing Mick Jagger, HE probably keeps up his preggo girlfriend with cream pies to the pussy. >grinning smiley<

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

steffialicia
Grow up please

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:16

with sssoul
waterrats
But I'm a bit scared over his avatar ... anybody knows that particular one?

Periscope seems to have suspended his account - he said at one point "they keep censoring me"
Thank you to the attentive iorrian who noticed that so we could keep away with both feet

Maybe he really has no idea why/ that his avatar has an evil connotation.
I choose to think that, can someone gently tell him? Benefit of the doubt?

Anyway, HAIRBALL thank you awesome review ------

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:22

Hansman
Some songs were better than last week, some songs not. All in all it is a mixed bag for me. I think what we have seen and heard here is what we can expect from the Stones these days. I mean, it's great that they are still here after 53 years. It's unbeliveable and it makes me feel good, knowing that they are out and about. But I'm always brutally honest with me and to me. The Stones are far far away from being a good live band. It's a far cry from what it was, which is kinda natural. They are old and unfortunately they don't get better with age. The opposite is the case.

I can totally understand all the excitement when they hit the stage. We are all glad to see them and we all want them to be great and relive our old memories over and over and over again, and after each and every show we are looking for excuses why it wasn't that good this time or we keep telling ourselves that they are still great when in fact we know that it isn't the case. We don't want them to fail. I always wish I could say something like "damn, they are still great, that was one of the best versions of (insert your favorite song here) and shit like that. But let's face it, they are a shadow of themselves. I find it embarrassing sometimes how bad they sound and play. Keith has become a very, very, very bad guitarist. VERY bad. He can barely play anymore, really. These desert shows were some of the worst performances of him I have ever seen. He was as bad as he was on the Bigger Bang tour, which was an absolute low point in his entire career. He ruined all three shows I have seenn on that tour. Ron isn't much better. He's a clown but not a relevant guitarist anymore. Charlie has long lost his swing and groove. It makes me feel uncomfortable watching him play. It looks so forced and stiff. Mick is still a great performer, but not a good singer anymore. He cannot let loose, the way he accentuate certain words and lines makes me feel sick sometimes. They are performing in front of a effing huge crowd and they really sound terrible at times and mediocre at best. It's sad.

Keith can barely play, but don't tell me he was worse in 2007, that's not true. He was a bit lost at some shows because of the medicine he was taking but he could still play somewhat and didn't hit bum notes left and right.

Ronnie can still play, actually he's playing really good on many songs it's just sometimes the clowning takes over. But really, he should take all of Keiths solos and let him keep the IORR solo or something.

Mick has been somewhat struggling since 2012, but his brilliance still shines through often enough, Champagne and Reefer 2012 with Clapton & Angie in 2014 comes to mind.

Charlie is not the steady drummer with lots of groove he once was, actually he hasn't been really good since 2003.

But so what? What do you expect from a bunch of guys in their mid 70's? Let's enjoy what's left of them instead. I just wish they would lower their ticket prices so they could actually give value for the money...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 16:26 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:28

RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

Thank you! Look how happy Keith is that they are finally playing the blues smiling smiley

Date: October 15, 2016 16:36

Stonesfan2146
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

Thank you! Look how happy Keith is that they are finally playing the blues smiling smiley

thumbs up Yeah! That's really nice to see.

Ride Em On Down from the first show gave me goosebumps too!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:38

Hansman
Thommie
Hairball
HankM
I think the Stones sounded much better tonight than last week. They got the cob webs knocked off, did whatever they do to get in the road state of mind and played like they can. I would bet Vegas in going to be great next week.

It's as if they locked themselves in a room all week and practiced 24/7 with no breaks.

Thanks for the reviews! Glad they seem to be back on top again.
Maybe it was a mistake to not do any shows before they hit the Desert Trip. Usually they need some shows to reach their top level.

I feel bad for those people who paid serious money only to watch a warm-up show. If you charge as much money for a concert like the Stones do, you have to be top-notch right from the start. I don't want to pay hundred of bucks to see a band that is rusty, still somewhat tired and not warmed-up because it's the beginning of the tour or something. Warm up my ass. You better deliver what I have paid for, otherwise you can KMA next time you are around.

I was at the first show, and I thought that it was a great experience. I've seen over 60 Stones shows since 1973, but this was my first tour opener, and I really enjoyed not knowing what kind of show would be presented. Dylan really raised the bar with his completely unexpected set (I was amazed when he closed with Thin Man and Masters of War), although most of the crowd seemed to be waiting for the Stones. As for the Stones, it was great to see Ronnie playing those blues licks on "Ride Em On Down", and to hear "Mixed Emotions" after a quarter century. It was disappointing not to see Dylan take the stage with the band, and it was exhilirating to hear them play "Come Together." They weren't in peak form, but I would do it again. They probably weren't in peak form in Vancouver in 72, but I would love to be able to say I saw them do "Ton & Frayed" and "Ventilator Blues."

Anyway, my view on the merits of a tour opener.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:41

What I have seen and heard of them since 2012 makes me think that

-Charlie is as good as ever. Thunder in right hand, lightning in left.

-Ronnie plays better than in 2006/07, 1981/82 and 1994/95.

-Keith plays less but more impressive stuff. He´s still the Riffmaster.
Even the occasional bum notes sound right in their own special way. His intros are often marvelous/better than on records.

-Mick is as good as he was 20 years ago. On stage he sings better than in a studio setting. The live-rendition of "Just your fool" blows the studio version away. He still is the best frontman the world has ever seen.

None of them is "struggling".
If they struggle then they must have been struggling ever since the world began. They do NOT struggle.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:46

RaiseTheKnife
Hansman
Some songs were better than last week, some songs not. All in all it is a mixed bag for me. I think what we have seen and heard here is what we can expect from the Stones these days. I mean, it's great that they are still here after 53 years. It's unbeliveable and it makes me feel good, knowing that they are out and about. But I'm always brutally honest with me and to me. The Stones are far far away from being a good live band. It's a far cry from what it was, which is kinda natural. They are old and unfortunately they don't get better with age. The opposite is the case.

I can totally understand all the excitement when they hit the stage. We are all glad to see them and we all want them to be great and relive our old memories over and over and over again, and after each and every show we are looking for excuses why it wasn't that good this time or we keep telling ourselves that they are still great when in fact we know that it isn't the case. We don't want them to fail. I always wish I could say something like "damn, they are still great, that was one of the best versions of (insert your favorite song here) and shit like that. But let's face it, they are a shadow of themselves. I find it embarrassing sometimes how bad they sound and play. Keith has become a very, very, very bad guitarist. VERY bad. He can barely play anymore, really. These desert shows were some of the worst performances of him I have ever seen. He was as bad as he was on the Bigger Bang tour, which was an absolute low point in his entire career. He ruined all three shows I have seenn on that tour. Ron isn't much better. He's a clown but not a relevant guitarist anymore. Charlie has long lost his swing and groove. It makes me feel uncomfortable watching him play. It looks so forced and stiff. Mick is still a great performer, but not a good singer anymore. He cannot let loose, the way he accentuate certain words and lines makes me feel sick sometimes. They are performing in front of a effing huge crowd and they really sound terrible at times and mediocre at best. It's sad.

Keith can barely play, but don't tell me he was worse in 2007, that's not true. He was a bit lost at some shows because of the medicine he was taking but he could still play somewhat and didn't hit bum notes left and right.

Ronnie can still play, actually he's playing really good on many songs it's just sometimes the clowning takes over. But really, he should take all of Keiths solos and let him keep the IORR solo or something.

Mick has been somewhat struggling since 2012, but his brilliance still shines through often enough, Champagne and Reefer 2012 with Clapton & Angie in 2014 comes to mind.

Charlie is not the steady drummer with lots of groove he once was, actually he hasn't been really good since 2003.

But so what? What do you expect from a bunch of guys in their mid 70's? Let's enjoy what's left of them instead. I just wish they would lower their ticket prices so they could actually give value for the money...

I remember the one show in Frankfurt, Germany on the BB tour where Keith messed up a few of his signature riffs or even stopped playing for 10-20 seconds. He just stood there and did nothing. Charlie did the same during SFTD. In the middle of the song he stopped playing and left the stage while the drum-loop was still playing. He came back after like 15-20 seconds. Ron was a complete joke at this show as well. Not noteworthy. Both Ron and Keith played like shit (IF they played. Ron was clowning around most of the time and Keith played the wrong notes almost every other bar) Mick was ok. but far from great. I saw two more shows on that tour and both were VERY far from great. They were not even good.

With tickets, gas, hotels, food, parking, etc. I paid almost 2,000 bucks to see these three shows and I regret every penny I have spent.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 15, 2016 16:58

Lets be honest about the Stones in 2016 , at this age its highly unlikely that we are going to see four men in their seventies (give or take ) all playing well together at the same time. The Stones have never been a rehearsed polished band at the best of times, so with a 4 date tour what can we expect. This is as good as it gets. Pay to see them or don't, you pays your money you takes your choice

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 15, 2016 17:37

i am watching now tge show on the @wez periscope whuch is grest. half in the show i must say they sound very good to me but i got worried about mick's voice. any report on that?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 15, 2016 17:51

maumau
i am watching now tge show on the @wez periscope whuch is grest. half in the show i must say they sound very good to me but i got worried about mick's voice. any report on that?

He made a comment that went something like playing in the desert is like playing in a hair dryer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 17:52 by HankM.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 15, 2016 17:58

I listened to the whole show again and that is what I am looking for in a Stones show. (THANKS FOR SCOPING FOR US wef!!!) It made me happy and dancing to listen to it, but also kind of sad that it will be over too soon, too far away, next week.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 15, 2016 18:00

I thought it was a fantastic show.
Was on the catwalk rail, Keith's side- and loved every second.

Mick's voice, was only affected by the extreme conditions imo (many people taken out of the pit due to the heat) dry and dusty.. no wind..

The overall buzz at the campground from those that were close and not close, is that it was an amazing show. Can't wait for Vegas!

Date: October 15, 2016 19:23

Jagger fantastic here.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2016 19:39

jumpingjackflash5
Jagger fantastic here.

[www.youtube.com]

He's coughing desert dust, but he's a trooper indeed thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 15, 2016 19:47

How was Bob, any mention on his award? Or by the Stones?

Date: October 15, 2016 19:54

Koen
How was Bob, any mention on his award? Or by the Stones?

Both Mick and Keith talked about it.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 15, 2016 20:08

maumau
i am watching now the show on the @wez periscope which is grest. half in the show i must say they sound very good to me but i got worried about Mick's voice. any report on that?

I attended the festival last weekend and I had a sore throat all week long from breathing all of that dust and hot air. It can't possibly be good for a singer's voice....

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 15, 2016 20:22

RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 20:23

Get of my cloud official video with audio not from the Desert trip gig but Zilker Park Bigger Bang DVD...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 15, 2016 20:32

powerage78
Get of my cloud official video with audio not from the Desert trip gig but Zilker Park Bigger Bang DVD...

Take a look at JUST YOUR FOOL above. That's as REAL as it gets and it's GREAT!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 15, 2016 20:42

Just Your Fool sounds fantastic! It's got the roll going. Love the rhythm guitar and the fill Keith plays at the end of every round. Plus some great harmonica playing from Mick.These cats sure know how to play the blues!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 15, 2016 20:50

spikenyc
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

Not only a great video - it shows the Stones in top form. Along with Sweet Virginia the highlight of yesterday's show.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 15, 2016 21:03

retired_dog
spikenyc
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

Not only a great video - it shows the Stones in top form. Along with Sweet Virginia the highlight of yesterday's show.

I agree!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home