Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:00

powerage78

Great setlist

[www.rollingstones.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Date: October 15, 2016 11:01

[Twitter.com] - StonesDesertTrip #2 - Photo by Kevin Mazur - Large version of this picture.

[Twitter.com] - StonesDesertTrip #2 - Photo by Kevin Mazur - Large version of this picture.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 11:12 by Irix.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:05

DandelionPowderman
A friend of mine said the gig was fantastic. He's not even a fan.

It's often those who are not fans who thinks lackluster shows are fantastic, because they don't know how good the Stones are when they're ''on''.

Still this show might have been great, I only heard the second half of it from a crappy periscope feed.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:14

@dreazyed on twitter (Ed Esquenazi)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 11:15 by Green Lady.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:14

I'm waiting for the "Wrecking Crew" to chime in, that is, the set list complainers and/or the performance debunkers, etc.

Date: October 15, 2016 11:22

Get Off Of My Cloud - Desert Trip #2 - Official Video Snippet: [www.youtube.com] .

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:24

Irix
Get Off Of My Cloud - Desert Trip #2 - Official Video Snippet: [www.youtube.com] .

...and again the audio comes from somewhere totally else (in this case it's either Austin or Rio from The Biggest Bang DVD-Box) eye rolling smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:25

stone66
I'm waiting for the "Wrecking Crew" to chime in, that is, the set list complainers and/or the performance debunkers, etc.
well said !!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:27

Irix

Is the audio really from Desert Trip? Sounds like it's too well-mixed for being recorded only a few hours ago. I would guess they took the audio from Shanghai or Tel Aviv 2014.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:31

In case anyone needs the full replay it's here in really good audio [www.periscope.tv]

Wonder if it's an iPhone 7+ like "Fake Fan" last week, these things produce the best audio recordings I've ever heard!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:40

Nice setlist.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:46

No like Start Me Up last week
TheBlockbuster
Irix

Is the audio really from Desert Trip? Sounds like it's too well-mixed for being recorded only a few hours ago. I would guess they took the audio from Shanghai or Tel Aviv 2014.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:48

gotdablouse
In case anyone needs the full replay it's here in really good audio [www.periscope.tv]

Wonder if it's an iPhone 7+ like "Fake Fan" last week, these things produce the best audio recordings I've ever heard!
thumbs up smileys with beer

35love
They should stay on the road.
Meaning: too good to waste

Posted by: Spud ()

So they can shuffle the setlist a bit...and it seems to have freshened things up a little too.

Lets hope it's the start of a trend that continues when they hit Europe next year winking smiley

gotdablouse

And here for Download: [we.tl] .... smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 15, 2016 12:20

In contrast to last weeks somewhat average Desert Trip Stones show, this was like the difference between night and day.

Started my day at the site around 4:00pm strolling around the furthest reaches of GA to take pictures, while discovering many new food options I never knew existed way back there in the process. After pondering the many new choices, I settled on an organic wood fired flatbread with tomato sauce and three cheeses. Fresh, hot, and right out of the fire oven - it was mighty fine The nice looking California gals working at the counter may have been what initially lured me there, but it is the fantastic fresh flatbread (coupled with the gals) that will bring me back! For $10:00, it was the finest deal yet to be found, and was so happy I paid $4.00 at a neighboring stand for a large handcrafted blackcherry soda - yes handcrafted! But enough about my dinner.
The Stones brought it, and they brought it big time. They bounced back to my astonishment and beyond my expectations, and reminded me why I love the Stones - even these latter days of their career, they can still put on show worthy of their legacy. Leaning on the back rail of the PIT near the catwalk, I was in a really sweet spot - perfect perspective, great sound, and a place to lean back and rest my bones Opening with Jumping Jack Flash is always a a good sign, and it was a thousand times more exciting and invigorating than last weeks Start Me Up opener. Tonight the audience was blessed with Get Off my Cloud, Sweet Virginia, Live With Me, and Paint it Black vs, last week where I felt cursed by having to tolerate You Got Me Rocking, Out of Control, Mixed Emotions, and the lame Come Together (but I give them credit for attempting that). Hopefully those four from last week will stay off of any future setlist, as none of them compare to the four that took their place tonight. In addition to all that, there was a fantastic version of Midnight Rambler - almost a tour de force, as well as a blazing version of the new blues cover of Just Your Fool. Keith gifted us with a near perfect You Got the Silver, and have to say Ronnie's slide was superior on this one. As for Warhorses, Tumbling dice was music to my ears, as was Angie - a real beauty tonight. And then Gimme Shelter - seeing Sasha come out along the catwalk all alone, and then watching her belt out her solo was stunning - I almost had a tear in my eye. The rest of warhorses proved why they are warhorses...they're absolutely incredible tunes, and when matched with the other unique surprises tonight, they came across fresh and alive. Don't put all those warhorses out to pasture yet, as there's still alot of life in them when given the right treatment.

As for Dylan as opener tonight, I can only say that either you love him, you hate him, you don't understand him, all of those combined, or you don't care one way or the other. I loved it and was thrilled to be able to see him again - a true living legend.

To summarize, the Stones have set the bar pretty high for the rest of the weekend. Paul McCartney will not even come close (unless he plays a hundred songs), Neil has a very good chance, Dylan will be Dylan, The Who will certainly match them if not better them, while Roger Waters will be great but will perform an exact replica of what he did last week so points taken off for the lack of spontaneity in the festival spirit.

As for now I'm in desperate need of some sleep and will be dreaming of wood fired flatbread, black cherry soda, and an amazing Stones show.
Looking forward to round two of weekend two tomorrow. Neil and Paul have their work cut out for them, and I hope they're getting lots of rest, because Lord knows they're gonna need it.

Date: October 15, 2016 12:20

Date: October 15, 2016 12:22

I think the Stones sounded much better tonight than last week. They got the cob webs knocked off, did whatever they do to get in the road state of mind and played like they can. I would bet Vegas in going to be great next week.

Date: October 15, 2016 12:25

Irix
gotdablouse

thumbs upsmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling smileycool smiley Did it!!! Done and TESTED(perfect) and saved to play and play later to aid in keeping my live Rolling Stones Jones at bay as I will continue to ponder over the long cold winter "why oh why did they only play 4 shows?" Seems like such a waste of momentum. Like setting up the Weber grill with a full load of Kingsford, getting a perfect cooking glow going, heating up 4 hotdogs and then slamming the lid on it, shutting the vents and killing the fire. Winter is coming.sad smiley

fyi- in case anyone does not know, the original scope (click and play) goes away after 23 hours. So if you want this scope for later, be sure to down load it and save.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 12:28 by HankM.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 15, 2016 12:33

HankM
I think the Stones sounded much better tonight than last week. They got the cob webs knocked off, did whatever they do to get in the road state of mind and played like they can. I would bet Vegas in going to be great next week.

It's as if they locked themselves in a room all week and practiced 24/7 with no breaks.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 15, 2016 12:34

waterrats
But I'm a bit scared over his avatar ... anybody knows that particular one?

Periscope seems to have suspended his account - he said at one point "they keep censoring me"
Thank you to the attentive iorrian who noticed that so we could keep away with both feet

Date: October 15, 2016 12:35

Hairball
In contrast to last weeks somewhat average Desert Trip Stones show, this was like the difference between night and day.

Started my day at the site around 4:00pm strolling around the furthest reaches of GA to take pictures, while discovering many new food options I never knew existed way back there in the process....

Happy to hear you has a great show. I think they sounded much better too.

I like your "furthest reaches of GA" walk. smileys with beer I always do that when I own great seats up front (and I try to do it even when I dont). It gives me more appreciation of our great up-front view to "take the walk". Starting at the worst most far away seats/area and walking forward in to concert heaven.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2016 12:47

Irix
gotdablouse

Thanks, was about to look into options to record it ;-)

The guy mentioned a "Prince cover they rehearsed", which song was it ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 15, 2016 12:51

gotdablouse

The guy mentioned a "Prince cover they rehearsed", which song was it ?

"Little Red Corvette" - Twitter.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: October 15, 2016 13:12

Ohhhh my Angie and Little T&A same night!! Passed on this, wasn't feeling so hot. I am completely kicking myself. I guess I missed the show of all shows. Congrats to everyone who went and had a wonderful time. Hoping Vegas will be spectacular, as well!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 15, 2016 13:56

JumpingKentFlash
35love
ladylou
his voice isnt doing well...

I don't think he likes the desert
"It’s been a wonderful experience being out in the desert with you all, even though it’s a bit like sitting in a hair dryer!"
Poor tricky Mick. Maybe his preggo girlfriend's keeping him up at night with
ice cream trips to the store.

Knowing Mick Jagger, HE probably keeps up his preggo girlfriend with cream pies to the pussy. >grinning smiley<

Grow up please

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: October 15, 2016 14:51

Great piks!
Super set list!
Stones in full force!
Many thanks for the scopin' links!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 15, 2016 14:54

Hairball
HankM

It's as if they locked themselves in a room all week and practiced 24/7 with no breaks.

Thanks for the reviews! Glad they seem to be back on top again.
Maybe it was a mistake to not do any shows before they hit the Desert Trip. Usually they need some shows to reach their top level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 14:56 by Thommie.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 15, 2016 14:55

Some songs were better than last week, some songs not. All in all it is a mixed bag for me. I think what we have seen and heard here is what we can expect from the Stones these days. I mean, it's great that they are still here after 53 years. It's unbeliveable and it makes me feel good, knowing that they are out and about. But I'm always brutally honest with me and to me. The Stones are far far away from being a good live band. It's a far cry from what it was, which is kinda natural. They are old and unfortunately they don't get better with age. The opposite is the case.

I can totally understand all the excitement when they hit the stage. We are all glad to see them and we all want them to be great and relive our old memories over and over and over again, and after each and every show we are looking for excuses why it wasn't that good this time or we keep telling ourselves that they are still great when in fact we know that it isn't the case. We don't want them to fail. I always wish I could say something like "damn, they are still great, that was one of the best versions of (insert your favorite song here) and shit like that. But let's face it, they are a shadow of themselves. I find it embarrassing sometimes how bad they sound and play. Keith has become a very, very, very bad guitarist. VERY bad. He can barely play anymore, really. These desert shows were some of the worst performances of him I have ever seen. He was as bad as he was on the Bigger Bang tour, which was an absolute low point in his entire career. He ruined all three shows I have seenn on that tour. Ron isn't much better. He's a clown but not a relevant guitarist anymore. Charlie has long lost his swing and groove. It makes me feel uncomfortable watching him play. It looks so forced and stiff. Mick is still a great performer, but not a good singer anymore. He cannot let loose, the way he accentuate certain words and lines makes me feel sick sometimes. They are performing in front of a effing huge crowd and they really sound terrible at times and mediocre at best. It's sad.

Date: October 15, 2016 15:01

gotdablouse

Seriously ???????

They must have used an iPhone 7 for those great Stuttgart audience recordings from '99 and from '06 with its time travel iApp.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home