Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 16, 2016 15:33

Just Your Fool is short and sharp,great.
Only can judge by the impressions of the clips...I think the second show was much more fun for all,the crowd and the band.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 16, 2016 15:36

You Got The Silver...

[www.youtube.com]

....and Little T&A:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 16, 2016 16:09

[m.pe.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 16, 2016 16:23

Just your fool sounds great
Really looking forward to the new album

Nate thumbs up

Date: October 16, 2016 16:32

powerage78
[m.pe.com]

"But that is part of the beauty of the Stones--it has never been perfect and the sense of danger is what makes it so much fun".

thumbs up

Date: October 16, 2016 16:36

"While Jagger's wit was sharp as ever, the Stones had a few spots where the band's edges were dulled as some of the beloved songs were at a slower tempo ("Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Paint It Black" in particular) and at a couple of moments, the group seemed slightly out of sync. Granted, most of that may have been from swapping in songs they haven't played in a while."

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
[m.pe.com]

"But that is part of the beauty of the Stones--it has never been perfect and the sense of danger is what makes it so much fun".

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 16:37 by powerage78.

Date: October 16, 2016 20:25

Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan @ Desert Trip, Coachella, 10-14-16

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 16, 2016 20:36

from what i have seen and heard, for only a short while though, the second DT show was far better.

what a great version of Just your fool by the way.
great stuff stones, and thanks.

ps im getting a bit tired of people knocking on good ole Keef !!

jeroen

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 16, 2016 20:45

Midnight Rambler [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 16, 2016 20:52

corriecas

jeroen

What is the problem when we speak about an awful solo (Sympathy 07.10) or a terrible version (Honk Tonk Women) ?
Oh yes have to say "Awesome" eye rolling smiley

Date: October 16, 2016 21:15

powerage78
corriecas

jeroen

What is the problem when we speak about an awful solo (Sympathy 07.10) or a terrible version (Honk Tonk Women) ?
Oh yes have to say "Awesome" eye rolling smiley

Powerage, dont you have a bad day, once in a while?? Maybe, so does keith.
But have some respect, for someone who has been playing for music so long.
Jeroen

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 16, 2016 21:49

when mick taylor joined in 1969 he could not believe how bad they were. during the nellcote sessions andy johns said he had to sit through 12 hours of dreck before they magically turned into the rolling stones.
mick got sick for san jose in 1999, so the first show i saw was Mlps. first five songs, jumpin' jack through honky tonk smoked, best i'd ever seen them. then sweet virginia was a train wreck. still a great show.
they're not perfect, they're the world's greatest rock n roll band. that's why some people find having iorr become the repository for the unpublished autobiography of "i was an over-stimulated teen-age douchebag" tiresome.

Date: October 16, 2016 22:01

The stones are not a perfect band, at times they are not..and they are dangerous band. Just be glad they can be dangerous and make some mistakes.

it wont be long and they wont be playing live gigs anymore.... so enjoy, and look at yourself, before you critize. i also agreed, that keef at the first Dt gig was not that great by the way.
jeroen

Date: October 16, 2016 22:53

I don't care about Legend(s).
I care about music.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:08

powerage78
I care about music.

thumbs up

There's no reason to feel an ounce sorry for any member of this band, they're charging a a ridiculous amount of money for tickets and at the same time don't even seem to play their instruments more than ten minutes every other day in their free time.

I still love this band and their still great, but both Keith and Charlie I firmly believe could be better if they put in the time.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:09

corriecas
from what i have seen and heard, for only a short while though, the second DT show was far better.

what a great version of Just your fool by the way.
great stuff stones, and thanks.

jeroen

Im getting a bit tired of people knocking on good ole Keef too!!
It seems to be the trendy hipster "so edgy" thing to do.

I believe there is a point where a man has earned enough long term respect that silence is warranted when he might start to fade, but it seems the hipsters feel differently, they are so edgy.

Date: October 16, 2016 23:18

RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
I care about music.

thumbs up

There's no reason to feel an ounce sorry for any member of this band, they're charging a a ridiculous amount of money for tickets and at the same time don't even seem to play their instruments more than ten minutes every other day in their free time.

I still love this band and their still great, but both Keith and Charlie I firmly believe could be better if they put in the time.

Have you seen Keith's fingers? What do you think happens if he "puts in the time"? smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:30

HankM

I believe there is a point where a man has earned enough long term respect that silence is warranted when he might start to fade, but it seems the hipsters feel differently, they are so edgy.

Agreed. Everyone gave a pass to the old blues guys when they underperformed.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:37

DandelionPowderman
RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
I care about music.

thumbs up

Have you seen Keith's fingers? What do you think happens if he "puts in the time"? smiling smiley

It can't the easiest thing in the world playing guitar with those fingers, but Keith never was the guy who spent hours upon hours working on his licks anyway - nothing wrong with that, Keith still is my favorite guitarist of all time.

If he spends two hours a day practicing scales, licks and rhythm there is a possibility he will be able to play like in say 2003 again. But I guess we can't blame him for not having the energy to do so at this stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 23:39 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 16, 2016 23:51

powerage78
I care about music.

You came to the wrong place then.....tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 17, 2016 01:02

Maindefender
powerage78
I care about music.

No powerage78 is listening to the wrong songs.

Listen to JUST YOUR FOOL and RIDE 'EM ON DOWN...LIVE!

It is LIVE don't you agree? Or is Chuck Leavell playing Keith's part on organ and the other three guitarists under the stage are covering these two songs and Bernard imitating Mick while the latter mimes the vocal and harmonica?

THE ROLLING STONES ARE READY FOR A BLUES TOUR NEXT YEAR in EUROPE. And I will be there.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2016 01:05

RipThisBone
Maindefender
powerage78
I care about music.

No powerage78 is listening to the wrong songs.

Listen to JUST YOUR FOOL and RIDE 'EM ON DOWN...LIVE!

It is LIVE don't you agree? Or is Chuck Leavell playing Keith's part on organ and the other three guitarists under the stage are covering these two songs and Bernard imitating Mick while the latter mimes the vocal and harmonica?

THE ROLLING STONES ARE READY FOR A BLUES TOUR NEXT YEAR in EUROPE. And I will be there.

Good stuff thumbs up

Date: October 17, 2016 01:06

Green Lady
You Got The Silver...

[www.youtube.com]

....and Little T&A:

[www.youtube.com]

It's Ronnie who fvcks it up when Keith starts on the verse on T&A. Ha ha, beautiful grinning smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 17, 2016 01:20

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
You Got The Silver...

[www.youtube.com]

....and Little T&A:

[www.youtube.com]

It's Ronnie who fvcks it up when Keith starts on the verse on T&A. Ha ha, beautiful grinning smiley

It sounds like Keith forgot the lyrics. He is singing some mumbo-jumbo. It almost sounds like Keith and Ronnie are playing two different songs. It is both horrible and hilarious. Yet lost in that mess is the makings of a great song. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-17 01:21 by The Sicilian.

Date: October 17, 2016 01:47

The Sicilian
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
You Got The Silver...

[www.youtube.com]

....and Little T&A:

[www.youtube.com]

It sounds like Keith forgot the lyrics. He is singing some mumbo-jumbo. It almost sounds like Keith and Ronnie are playing two different songs. It is both horrible and hilarious. Yet lost in that mess is the makings of a great song. cool smiley

Yes and no smiling smiley

Keith forgot to sing the first line of the opening chorus and Ronnie plays one line too many of that very chorus before "Heat's raiding".

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: October 17, 2016 02:10

Keith was 'feeling' Sweet Virginia... seemed very happy during this song

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 17, 2016 06:01

From "50 and Counting" to "55 and Done."

They are too close to the edge. Stage a free concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London in January 2017 and then sail off into the sunset. For a substantial number of older fans, the best seat in the house will be in your living room planted in front of your 60" TV with your sound system blasting.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 17, 2016 06:06

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2016 08:00

Maybe this week in Vegas ARE their last live shows. They are too cool to put their fans thru all the drama of 'this is it'. Too messy. The new blues is their full circle.
Do you REALLY think they are going to tour Europe in June 2017?
I don't.
And I'm not being negative Nancy, that appears to be others jobs here,
I think I'm realistic.
Thank you, thank you Rolling Stones, you've been a huge part of my life.

Date: October 17, 2016 08:17

35love
Maybe this week in Vegas ARE their last live shows. They are too cool to put their fans thru all the drama of 'this is it'. Too messy. The new blues is their full circle.
Do you REALLY think they are going to tour Europe in June 2017?
I don't.
And I'm not being negative Nancy, that appears to be others jobs here,
I think I'm realistic.
Thank you, thank you Rolling Stones, you've been a huge part of my life.

I don't think they will end it in a foreign continent..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home