Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 6, 2016 20:41

What is different about the 2 lp version?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 6, 2016 20:42

I look forward to hearing it, but since it is likely their last studio album, it would have been great if they had included Mick Taylor.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 6, 2016 20:58

Bliss
I look forward to hearing it, but since it is likely their last studio album, it would have been great if they had included Mick Taylor.

There will be a new album , own songs, next year. prior to the European Tour.
Jeroen

Re: Rolling Stones new album title: Blue and Lonesome
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:06

Hairball
LeonidP
schillid
"The blues" is music and feeling ...

"The blues" is not about the color blue or a famous band's logo.

Obviously. This would be symbolism, or a double entendre, or whatever else some may call it. It's often used in the art world.

Or a metaphor...but it could have/should have been more abstract.
Seems they're underestimating the sophistication and brains of your average Stones fans, or they're catering to 12 year olds, ie Taylor Swift/Justin Bieber fans).

Yes, nice stretch there. The whole 'should have put more time, thought, abstractness, paid someone money to come up with ...' absolutely absurd -- where do people even get that an album cover needs to have that much thought or money spent? Again, the previously mentioned, the Beatles 'white album' ... yeah that is such a hard designed that must have cost millions to come up with.

Sorry, it's about the music, the design is so incredibly insignificant other than a cool aside as a possible topic of discussion.

And again, the design is great as far as I'm concerned, it's simplistic and makes a point, however obvious ... and looks pretty damn cool. I guess to the uppity folks, there's no pleasing them. It's certainly better than the cover art to Bigger Bang.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:18

I agree with you because as a whole I love the logo, it's definitely cool. It would be perfect to toss out with the single for the cover on iTunes. However i am bothered that it is what they are choosing for the new album. I guess I'm too old fashioned but an actual picture of something/ someone fits better than some digitally made image. It just seems like it was done instantly and takes away from the excitement of a new album. Miss the days of exciting covers like Beggars and Let it Bleed.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:21

Yeah I must be blind but I also think the artwork is FINE ! Not great like "Tattoo You" but not weird like GHS or B2B.

It's sort of amazing that everyone's excited about an album that took them 3 days (or so the story goes) to record and it might actually sell as it's "sell-able" to the masses, versus yet another album of new material of "absolutely no importance" (copyright Rocky Dijon Lem Motlow talking about the aborted 2002 album) that would have taken months to record with the usual drama involved.

It could well be that they're starting an "American Recordings" trek like Johnny Cash and whatever new material Mick has can be released on solo albums, which is what ABB was for the most part with the Stones as sessions musicians. And if it's the "last one" (you never know...), well they will have come full circle, not a bad way to end things.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 00:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:30

Article in local NY paper by a complete a-hole. Perhaps judge the album once it's released.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Not sure how one can knock the fact that it was recorded in 3 days (not 2 like the article says) and knock the fact there were no overdubs. Perhaps he should go back and listen to Superheavy.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:33

gotdablouse

It could well be that they're starting an "American Recordings" trek like Johnny Cash and whatever new material Mick has can be released on solo albums, which is what ABB was for the most part with the Stones as sessions musicians. And if it's the "last one" (you never know...), well they will have come full circle, not a bad way to end things.

IF this album sell well (it has a chance, December is the best month of the year for sales) we can see another one in a couple of years, it took less than a week to record this one, so another 11-12 covers are very easy to record with few time on studio.
If they go to TV and perform one or two tracks it could be a hot seller on Christmas.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:42

Bliss

No please don't... Mick Taylor was great in 1973, not so much now. Eric Clapton right now has way better tone, melody and chops, overall he is a much better guest for this album.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:42

Bliss

And Bill Wyman.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:45

I am enjoying Just Your Fool on YouTube.
A Blues Album from the band. Heaven. They heard my prayers at last.
I love the taste. It's only a minute of the song, but it's so fine. Blues harp.
Thank you guys. I am on a cloud....I am going to listen to the originals and get ready for Dec 2. Pre ordering. Of Course. What a happy day for me and all the other Rolling Stones fans.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:45

corriecas
Bliss

There will be a new album , own songs, next year. prior to the European Tour.
Jeroen

...and sure as hell it will not include Mick Taylor. The Stones can do without MT, they´ve done without him, they do without him and they will do without him. He left 40 years ago. HE LEFT. He left them standing in the cold when they were about to record a new album and to go on tour. Horrible behaviour! Instead of saying "I go on my own after the next album and tour" he just left out of the blue. Nevertheless they generously invited him as an extra gimmick for "50 and counting". They did not invite him for tours after that. What the hell should they want from Taylor, they can have Beck, Clapton, whomever they want if they want someone to guest on the upcoming album. Today there are lots of better players around. End of the story.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 6, 2016 21:50

You mean better than Keith ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 6, 2016 22:03

No one is better than Keith. But if they want a guitar player to guest on an upcoming album, Mick Taylor is not the only p... - wait a minute - GUITAR PLAYER in town.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:08

Angus Young would be great.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:18

ebalm
Article in local NY paper by a complete a-hole. Perhaps judge the album once it's released.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Not sure how one can knock the fact that it was recorded in 3 days (not 2 like the article says) and knock the fact there were no overdubs. Perhaps he should go back and listen to Superheavy.

The guy that wrote that piece is a total ass-wipe....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:27

HonkeyTonkFlash
ebalm

[www.nydailynews.com]

The guy that wrote that piece is a total ass-wipe....
smileys with beer

Re: 6 October announchement
Posted by: laurel ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:31

mr_dja
Lien
[vimeo.com]

THANK YOU LIEN!!! My ears are very happy! Halloween, the US Election, US Thanksgiving & 3/5 of my families birthdays all have been removed from my "looking forward to" list and just became irrelevant in my world... Bring on December 2nd and the Stones new album!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Dear lord THANK YOU for the Vimeo link!!!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:33

Mick Taylor would have been preferable to Clapton.
Anybody who saw Mick T. with the boys on the 50 and counting shows knows he added quality and class.It was just a shame he did not get to play on more numbers.Or maybe Mr Wood felt a bit threatened?

I still think there will be a recording in the future with Mick T. and the Stones in an unplugged capacity.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:39

@Georgelicks
Do you think they'll make a new studio album of originals in May/June with the beginning of European Tour?!?

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:48

I've been listening to the track list by the original artist all day and I'm very excited. Im glad they choose to cover some of the more deeper cuts, not the basic smokestack lightning, my babe, etc. The Stones "Just Your Fool" rocks and I can't wait for the rest. As far as the local NY Article... some people just don't get it. Its not a lazy throw away attempt for a money scheme. Roll Stones Roll can't wait for the rest.

Brian had some kind of genius for finding people, didn't he?
-"He did. He got us together – Charlie, Mick and me."-"Life" by Keith Richards

Roll Tide

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 6, 2016 22:49

@Georgelicks
I wanna ask you another question:in your opinion how many copies Blues album can sell?!In my opinion, with a good publicity...600K
A new studio album of originals I think could sells 1 million/1.2...Twice as much...With a good "concept" with the European Tour, don't you?!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:01

JUST YOUR FOOL...

How can I deny? hot smiley

THE ROLLING STONES ARE RIGHT!

I AM A FOOL!

A ROLLING STONES FOOL!

Great opener! I FEEL GOOD FEELIN' LIKE A FOOL!

THANKS!

Gonna play it again.... 40+.... this day....thumbs up

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:06

Can't wait for the album! This gives me the feely goods all over.

I WANT A SHIRT WITH THAT LOGO!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:09

I love Micks natural voice on this tune smileys with beer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:18

NICOS
I love Micks natural voice on this tune smileys with beer

thumbs up

As Mick sang on BLACK AND BLUE in 1976:

I'M A FOOL BABY! A CERTIFIED FOOL!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:22

gotdablouse
It's sort of amazing that everyone's excited about an album that took them 3 days (or so the story goes) to record and it might actually sell as it's "sell-able" to the masses, versus yet another album of new material of "absolutely no importance" (copyright Rocky Dijon talking about the aborted 2002 album) that would have taken months to record with the usual drama involved.

Did I actually say that? I can be a prick, can't I?

Date: October 6, 2016 23:27

mailexile67
@Georgelicks
I wanna ask you another question:in your opinion how many copies Blues album can sell?!In my opinion, with a good publicity...600K
A new studio album of originals I think could sells 1 million/1.2...Twice as much...With a good "concept" with the European Tour, don't you?!

If sales have any meaning than I almost can hear Mick thinking: "The Blues-album sold 600k... an album of originals might sell 1 million... hmmm... recording another set of Blues-tunes and spread them over two albums would most likely sell more than an album of originals... and we can cut about 25 Blues-tunes within 10-12 days... for an album of originals (and to be honest none of us has any ideas for originals at the time) I would have to spend weeks and weeks with KEITH in one room... horrible."smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:28

mailexile67
@Georgelicks
Do you think they'll make a new studio album of originals in May/June with the beginning of European Tour?!?

As far I know, they were 10 days on the studio on December 2015 (the blues album was already done on the first week) and another 10 days on April of this year.
About 6-7 original songs were done on this sessions, but nothing else since then.
As we see, recording in a studio is not a priority for the Stones and they have much work to do to get an album out in 9 months from now.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2016 23:32

LeonidP
Hairball
LeonidP
schillid
"The blues" is music and feeling ...

"The blues" is not about the color blue or a famous band's logo.

Obviously. This would be symbolism, or a double entendre, or whatever else some may call it. It's often used in the art world.

Or a metaphor...but it could have/should have been more abstract.
Seems they're underestimating the sophistication and brains of your average Stones fans, or they're catering to 12 year olds, ie Taylor Swift/Justin Bieber fans).

Yes, nice stretch there. The whole 'should have put more time, thought, abstractness, paid someone money to come up with ...' absolutely absurd -- where do people even get that an album cover needs to have that much thought or money spent? Again, the previously mentioned, the Beatles 'white album' ... yeah that is such a hard designed that must have cost millions to come up with.

Sorry, it's about the music, the design is so incredibly insignificant other than a cool aside as a possible topic of discussion.

And again, the design is great as far as I'm concerned, it's simplistic and makes a point, however obvious ... and looks pretty damn cool. I guess to the uppity folks, there's no pleasing them. It's certainly better than the cover art to Bigger Bang.

Heh...well I was the one who mentioned the Beatles White Album stating it would have been nice for the Stones to have a minimalist blue design...aka The Blue Album. On the other hand, a cover that that showed something more creative and thought provoking would have been great...something that they put some thought into. Rather than the same old tongue reinvented for the thousandth time which is basically a a copy of Licks, it would if have been nice they showed a little more interest - it's almost an afterthought like they really don't give a crap. As for the new version of the Licks tongue colored blue, there were much better tongue designs on some of the recent lithopgraphs imo, so evidently they thought it was worth the time, money, and effort to make each one of those unique for whatever show they were playing. Album covers do matter to some of us, but as with art in general, one mans junk is another man's treasure...some like it, some don't. But hey, it seems to be causing discussion, so in that small sense it could be considered 'thought provoking'. With that said, you can't judge a book by it's corny cover...looking forward to hearing it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home