Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones EUROPEAN tour 2016/2017
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 4, 2016 03:08

Yes, I think they will tour the US, yet once again. I'm afraid there aren't many rock and rollers left in Europe? Or, it's a money thing like always. Who can beat that, it seems.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 4, 2016 13:40

shattered
Maybe Aberdeen Scotland time?

Nice thought, although I would doubt they would head further north than the Hydro in Glasgow.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 4, 2016 14:27

It's extremely likely that next summer's European run will include a date at Warsaw's National Stadium... Live Nation were already in talks to get them for June 2014 but lost to Tel Aviv gig. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 14:27 by wickerman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 4, 2016 15:11

wickerman
It's extremely likely that next summer's European run will include a date at Warsaw's National Stadium... Live Nation were already in talks to get them for June 2014 but lost to Tel Aviv gig. winking smiley

Well, i would like to go there!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 4, 2016 18:32

The header is misleading. There won't be a European tour starting in 2016. And the rest is pure speculation. Is disinformation the new deal here on IORR?

Date: August 4, 2016 18:38

Stoneage
The header is misleading. There won't be a European tour starting in 2016. And the rest is pure speculation. Is disinformation the new deal here on IORR?

It might have been accurate info when roller99 got it.

The question should rather be whether we would meet up for a beer before one of those euro gigs, Stoneage smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 21:56

wickerman

Have they sorted the sound there yet? My Warsaw friend says the sound there is awful for concerts, although it's a good football stadium.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 4, 2016 22:02

teleblaster
shattered
Maybe Aberdeen Scotland time?

Nice thought, although I would doubt they would head further north than the Hydro in Glasgow.

And I doubt they'd even go there. Where would they play in Aberdeen anyway? Not Pittodrie! It's going to be demolished in 2 or 3 years. I'd be surprised if they played many gigs outside Capital cities and for the UK it'll be London only methinks. They've still not played the new Wembley so that has to be a strong bet.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 4, 2016 22:26

grzegorz67
wickerman

Have they sorted the sound there yet? My Warsaw friend says the sound there is awful for concerts, although it's a good football stadium.

I went to the AC DC gig there last year and the sound was superb

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 4, 2016 23:21

Nate
grzegorz67
wickerman

Nate thumbs up

Were you by any chance close to the stage?

According to my experience that's the only place where the sound is good, the rest of the stadium is pure echo...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 5, 2016 01:55

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

The question should rather be whether we would meet up for a beer before one of those euro gigs, Stoneage smiling smiley

Sure, Dandy. Why not? Who knows what the future has in store? Maybe a beer and/or a new European Stones tour?

Date: August 5, 2016 18:48

smileys with beer

Date: August 6, 2016 00:04

Adams
Nate
grzegorz67
wickerman

Nate thumbs up

Were you by any chance close to the stage?

According to my experience that's the only place where the sound is good, the rest of the stadium is pure echo...

Yes I had a ticket for very high up in the stands but managed to get on the pitch and right next to stage so yes maybe in the stands the sound is not good

Nate

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 6, 2016 03:01

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Thanks Dandi, it's nice that friends have your back. You're correct, when I had the info, it was vague.

Stoneage: I don't speculate. Ever. I knew about the Fonda gig months before it happened, same with the Zipcode tour, and a bunch of stuff. Rest assured, there will be big news in 2017. But, just like Bjornulf, I know what to say, and when to say it. You never betray your sources. Choose to believe what you want (or cast doubt on what you don't know about).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 6, 2016 16:22

roller99
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Thanks Dandi, it's nice that friends have your back. You're correct, when I had the info, it was vague.

Stoneage: I don't speculate. Ever. I knew about the Fonda gig months before it happened, same with the Zipcode tour, and a bunch of stuff. Rest assured, there will be big news in 2017. But, just like Bjornulf, I know what to say, and when to say it. You never betray your sources. Choose to believe what you want (or cast doubt on what you don't know about).

Roller, i hope its an european tour and the new Stones album, with their own songs.
Jeroen

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Date: August 18, 2016 21:25

If a European tour happens next summer it will be great to be in the great cities of Europe watching the Rolling Stones

Really looking forward to it

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:27

The rumour about shows in Europe next year started about the same time as the rumour about more shows in North America during the fall of 2016 faded away. Also at the same time as some said the new studio album might not be ready yet. Let's face the fact; with the Havana release, and may be some more projects coming up, both private and commercial, may be they wanted to take the project "home" to Europe.

During the past few weeks there have been leaks about shows bidding from Croatia, Serbia, Austria, Norway. These are just the sources who leak out. I will assume all major venues are asked, in the major markets. UK for sure. Germany for sure. The Netherlands for sure. And France. And Spain. Then they will have plenty of offers on the table, and they may play with the offers like where is it nice to go and where did we never visit and where do we HAVE TO go and so on.

Adding there might not be that many shows, I would bet on a nice and short tour in Europe next summer. Still, it is like nine months away, a fall and a winter and a spring between now and the rumoured tour, a lot might happen, but for sure I will NOT book anything at all next summer that I can not cancel on a short notice. I would not like to be on a camping holiday in Poland if the Stones play live in UK, or the other way around...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 21:28 by bv.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:35

Italy will be a great choice:Milan, Rome or Verona Arena are all wonderful venues!!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:49

bv
During the past few weeks there have been leaks about shows bidding from Croatia, Serbia, Austria, Norway.

- that would be so great. hot smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 18, 2016 21:53

Warsaw is also rumoured, like in 2014.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 22:41

Vienna is rumoured for summer 2017.
Did anyone hear about possible cities in Germany?

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: August 18, 2016 23:32

id put my house on that they play wembley when they tour again

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 23:36

Excellent news and about time too, the USA has had more than its' fair share of gigs over the past few years. Now boys play London and some extra UK cities as well >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 18, 2016 23:44

roller99
mailexile67
Next year in June...

Well, I was told after the Desert Trip and Vegas, but by that time it's getting cold in Europe, so it will probably be spring 2017. And I hate to report this, but sources say "the band wants to tour closer to home". Translation: Charlie is getting fed up?

Home? Keith lives in Connecticut and Mick lives all over the world.

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: August 19, 2016 01:15

henrik87
Vienna is rumoured for summer 2017.
Did anyone hear about possible cities in Germany?

Oh yessss, Hamburg again please! (also happy with Berlin or whatever). I am still not over that I missed them in 2014 in Berlin Waldbühne. I was online on time, sharply, picked the ticket, put it in the basket but when I wanted to pay - Gone! What a shame! Just hope next time it works out better.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 19, 2016 11:02

Hamburg and Munich are pretty likely as they were rumoured in 2014. But if they play Vienna again, they won't play Munich probably. That's too close. In 2006 they did both and both venues were not sold out.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 19, 2016 12:00

Warsaw (National Stadium, 60.000 cap.) is highly rumoured, just like in 2014 when it lost in the end with Tel Aviv.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 19, 2016 12:05

wickerman
Warsaw (National Stadium, 60.000 cap.) is highly rumoured, just like in 2014 when it lost in the end with Tel Aviv.

I'd love it to happen but where do these rumours come from?
People who work for the band???

I live in Poland and have not heard or read a single rumour anywhere.

Posted by: tomekdp ()
Date: August 19, 2016 12:34

Adams
wickerman

I'd love it to happen but where do these rumours come from?
People who work for the band???

I live in Poland and have not heard or read a single rumour anywhere.

Neither have I. Must be some kind of a "fake rumour", let's not get carried away too much. Stones have never been popular here much as they deserve it. And I can only imagine these rip-off ticket prices plus "Golden Circle" extending into 3/4 of stadium... Saw them 5 times on much more reasonable price conditions.
Having said that, I will try very hard NOT to miss the opportunity should they play here or in Prague for that matter...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-19 12:35 by tomekdp.

Posted by: glen ()
Date: August 19, 2016 13:40

stabilo
id put my house on that they play wembley when they tour again

I'd hold fire on that the Olmypic Stadium and the Emirates could also be likely venues.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home