Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones in Europe 2017 - tour name ?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 15, 2016 17:21

SHOWDOWN

(courtesy of S.D.)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 15, 2016 17:23

Irix
Tour name:

55 Live

smiling smiley

A peach ... we luuuuuuuuuuuurv it !! thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:03

17 Warhorses

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:17

They may follow their old pattern and name it "Blue and Lonesome Tour".

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: November 15, 2016 18:57

Steel Wheelchair Tour

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 15, 2016 19:02

Roll Over Europe

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 15, 2016 19:25

"2017 - Giving Europe the coup de grĂ¢ce".

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 15, 2016 19:52

The "Who Farted?" Tour

Date: November 15, 2016 20:29

spunky
Roll Over Europe

Another peach ........ thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 15, 2016 20:38

CASH IN (AGAIN) TOUR

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 16, 2016 01:01

bernard90mike
Steel Wheelchair Tour

!!! I like that LOL

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 16, 2016 10:28

Oh no, not you again Tour

Date: November 16, 2016 13:08

The British Retreat
War Horses 2017
We Love You
Blue And Lonesome
Going Home

Depending on their mood... smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 16, 2016 13:59

schwonek
bernard90mike
Steel Wheelchair Tour

!!! I like that LOL

That's how Steel Wheels got its name - people had already started making that joke in 1989.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: November 16, 2016 14:07

For anyone who was wondering, the event last night was nothing like London from the fan perspective. There was only about 6 of us waiting for autographs, etc, none of them came over.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 16, 2016 14:18

2 more years and that cool-looking/good-sounding Keith's guitar will be gone forever.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: November 16, 2016 15:19

mailexile67
Oh no, not you again Tour

grinning smiley >grinning smiley< ....... but I suspect they probably won't choose it !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:35

Well, in about 2 months time we should know more. and..

Maybe they will shed some light on a possible European tour when they will do interviews for the Blue and Lonsome cd.
Jeroen

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 16, 2016 19:56

Green Lady
schwonek
bernard90mike
Steel Wheelchair Tour

!!! I like that LOL

That's how Steel Wheels got its name - people had already started making that joke in 1989.

It was even mentioned in the Simpsons:

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

(look up at the very bottom of the article).

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 08:01

If they are ok they will come. Europe is the place for them. The '14!tour was sold out everywhere in few minutes.

Date: November 17, 2016 11:57

andrea66
If they are ok they will come. Europe is the place for them. The '14 tour was sold out everywhere in few minutes.

Er ... you and I were obviously residing on completely different planets at the time the tickets went on sale. Some shows sold very well, others most definitely not.

I went to Zurich, Tel-Aviv, Berlin, Paris, and Vienna on that tour. As an example. I had spare tickets for the Zurich show (the golden circle/pit) ... I couldn't get rid of them (at face value) for love or money for absolutely ages. Managed to get rid of them eventually and didn't lose any money, but to say that the tour was 'sold out everywhere within minutes' is a serious exaggeration !

They're pricing themselves out of the market at a certain point, in fact they've been doing that for years. Most recently, witness the last minute price drops for the Desert Trip thing, the Vegas show .....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:00

maybe bjornulf could post some recent info about any plans about the tour.
jeroen

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:01

paulywaul
andrea66
If they are ok they will come. Europe is the place for them. The '14 tour was sold out everywhere in few minutes.

Er ... you and I were obviously residing on completely different planets at the time the tickets went on sale. Some shows sold very well, others most definitely not.

I went to Zurich, Tel-Aviv, Berlin, Paris, and Vienna on that tour. As an example. I had spare tickets for the Zurich show (the golden circle/pit) ... I couldn't get rid of them (at face value) for love or money for absolutely ages. Managed to get rid of them eventually and didn't lose any money, but to say that the tour was 'sold out everywhere within minutes' is a serious exaggeration !

They're pricing themselves out of the market at a certain point, in fact they've been doing that for years. Most recently, witness the last minute price drops for the Desert Trip thing, the Vegas show .....

From The Rolling Stones point of view most shows were sold out within minutes, hours or some days.
I think the prices in Europe were a bit lower then in other continents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 12:07 by 1962.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:09

paulywaul
andrea66

Paris was a true sellout and in minutes too, possibly because it was "reasonably" priced...could that have anything to do with the 1/3 empty 2007 show ? Mick probably told the promoters that couldn't happen again, in fact there were rumours during the February 2014 rehearsals in Paris that Mick didn't think they could sell the SDF.

If memory serves Werchter, Pinkpop and Rome sold out quickly too, surprise, surprise they were also reasonable priced shows, including the Golden Circle (not applicable at Pinkpop)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 17, 2016 12:09

corriecas
maybe bjornulf could post some recent info about any plans about the tour.
jeroen

Don't think there are serious plans at this moment.

Date: November 17, 2016 12:11

gotdablouse
paulywaul
andrea66

Paris was a true sellout and in minutes too, possibly because it was "reasonably" priced...could that have anything to do with the 1/3 empty 2007 show ? Mick probably told the promoters that couldn't happen again, in fact there were rumours during the February 2014 rehearsals in Paris that Mick didn't think they could sell the SDF.

If memory serves Werchter, Pinkpop and Rome sold out quickly too, surprise, surprise they were also reasonable priced shows, including the Golden Circle (not applicable at Pinkpop)

Berlin was sold out in seconds, Vienna (55.000) in half an hour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 12:13 by 1962.

Date: November 17, 2016 12:33

gotdablouse
paulywaul
andrea66

True, it was. And no doubt Berlin was too, because it was a relatively small venue. But to make a general sweeping statement that the 14' On Fire tour of Europe sold out everywhere in minutes is simply not an accurate statement.

From the band's point of view, it might 'look like it' ... but that's not taking into consideration that these days (whether it's the Stones - or pretty much ANY other artist), a staggering proportion of tickets are bought speculatively for re-selling on the secondary market. So I guess it depends on how exactly you wish to define 'sellout' !

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:34

Rip this joint

Date: November 17, 2016 14:01

Monkeytonkman
Rip this joint

Nah ... All Down The Line ! grinning smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 19:55

Ticket prices were lower than in the u.s., and this can be a reason. I think that Tel Aviv only had some problems, but we cannot say that it was not an incredible success, with many sold out in minutes (like circus maximus) or hours.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home