Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 26, 2016 09:53

MGetzner
At the occasion of "Havana Moon" which was shown last Friday here in Vienna, the tabloid "Oeterreich" had a short report, again mentioning the possibility of the Stones having a concert next year in Vienna, on the Donauinsel (Danube Island), presumably at the Rock in Vienna festival (usually somewhen at the beginning of June).
Don't know whether this is based on new facts, or whether this newspaper is just repeating its own rumour.

Here is the link:
Austrian tabloid "Österreich", 21 September 2017

Another Happel stadium concert after just 3 years seems unlikely. Remember 2006 when the show was by far not sold out after 3 years. So a festival appearance makes some sense.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 26, 2016 12:50

Hope they dont play to many festivals next year. some gigs with a relatively small crowd (35000) would be cool.
jeroen

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 26, 2016 17:49

MGetzner
At the occasion of "Havana Moon" which was shown last Friday here in Vienna, the tabloid "Oeterreich" had a short report, again mentioning the possibility of the Stones having a concert next year in Vienna, on the Donauinsel (Danube Island), presumably at the Rock in Vienna festival (usually somewhen at the beginning of June).
Don't know whether this is based on new facts, or whether this newspaper is just repeating its own rumour.

Here is the link:
Austrian tabloid "Österreich", 21 September 2017
Ewald Tatar - he promotod the Stones several times in the past - is in the biding process for a gig at Donauinsel, Vienna. smiling bouncing smiley Talks are for a Stones-only show (something like a one-day-mini-festival with a few other bands). They won't be part of the 'Rock In Vienna' thing and there won't be another gig at Happel Stadium...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-26 19:20 by bernard90mike.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 21:16

It seems that in an interview about "Havana moon" film Mick has said that in the future He likes come back with the band in Africa and in India too!

Re: The Rolling Stones EUROPEAN tour 2016/2017
Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: October 27, 2016 11:38

I heard that a few days ago Live Nation and management signed a agreement for a concert in Poland. National stadium in Warsaw.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 11:41

polandstones
I heard that a few days ago Live Nation and management signed a agreement for a concert in Poland. National stadium in Warsaw.

Source???

Date: October 27, 2016 11:42

polandstones

Source???

For which band??? The Stones???

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 27, 2016 12:55

polandstones

Live Nation? The Stones have changed their Tour promoter? They were at AEG Live the last 3 years ....

Date: October 27, 2016 13:01

Irix
polandstones

Live Nation? The Stones have changed their Tour promoter? They were at AEG Live the last 3 years ....

So it's false news!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 13:12

So what do we know about the tour:

- There is a concert in Vienna planned

What is rumored about it:

- It will be a small tour with 8-14 dates
- It will be the last tour (well....)
- It will visit places that were left out on the 14 On Fire tour
- It will promote a new album

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 13:22

Well, that means no show in Paris (other french town ?), Madrid (Barcelona, Seville ?), Berlin & Dusseldorf (Hamburg ?)...
But Werchter and Roskilde again ? And of course England.

Stonesfan2146
So what do we know about the tour:

- There is a concert in Vienna planned

What is rumored about it:

- It will be a small tour with 8-14 dates
- It will be the last tour (well....)
- It will visit places that were left out on the 14 On Fire tour
- It will promote a new album

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 13:28

powerage78
Well, that means no show in Paris (other french town ?), Madrid (Barcelona, Seville ?), Berlin & Dusseldorf (Hamburg ?)...
But Werchter and Roskilde again ? And of course England.

Well someone here, I forgot who it was, said there will always be the standart towns they HAVE to visit and then there is a lot of space open for new/other towns. But I guess we have to wait and see what possibilities a limited tour of less than 14 dates gives.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 27, 2016 15:16

Irix

AEG are their promoter in the US and I think in the UK. They use local promoters in other countries. Live Nation was promoting them for example in Stockholm on 14 On Fire tour. Polish LN is the biggest concert promoter in the country so it's no-brainer they are the only company capable of bringing the Stones.

Date: October 27, 2016 15:34

wickerman
Irix

AEG are their promoter in the US and I think in the UK. They use local promoters in other countries. Live Nation was promoting them for example in Stockholm on 14 On Fire tour. Polish LN is the biggest concert promoter in the country so it's no-brainer they are the only company capable of bringing the Stones.

So the Polish rumour may be from reliable source?!
(thank you for the clarification)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 15:41 by 1962.

Date: October 27, 2016 16:50

wickerman
Irix

Are you sure that Live Nation promoted them in Stockholm 2014? This picture says Concerts West = AEG Live, the picture in the Post by BV states clearly AEG Live: [iorr.org] .

Both concerts in Germany 2014 (Berlin, Düsseldorf) were also promoted by AEG Live (concerts west).

And yes, Live Nation is the world's largest presenter of live music and entertainment events, AEG Live the second largest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 17:00 by Irix.

Date: October 27, 2016 17:12

It was AEG, in collaboration with a local promoter, in Oslo 2014 as well.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 27, 2016 18:32

I think in case of Stockholm it was co-operation between AEG and local Live Nation. There is no AEG in Poland so it's not a case anyway.

Date: October 27, 2016 19:00

wickerman

I think in case of Stockholm it was co-operation between AEG and local Live Nation.

You're right - EMA Telstar is now a Swedish subsidiary of Live Nation: [sv.wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 27, 2016 19:30

I really hope whatever 2017 shows they put together aren't just festivals. I'd love to fly to Europe to catch a few shows but I don't think I could muster the motivation for festivals. Especially if this is the end of the Stones as a touring band. It seems like a really diluted and watered down way to end it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-27 19:32 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 27, 2016 23:24

polandstones

I hope it's not in that place ! Good stadium for football but AWFUL stadium for music. I've been to Warsaw many times and My friend says concert acoustics are the worst ever. Any Pole I've ever read writng comments about its suitability as a concert venue has nothing good to say about it.

Having seen Youtubes of Paul McCartney's show there 3 years ago it's hard to disagree.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 27, 2016 23:33

I was in that stadium in Warsaw last year for AC DC and the sound was very good but I was on the floor at the front right next to the stage I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the stadium.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: October 27, 2016 23:35

If they do an European tour,is June an Ideal month, just before the Holiday period, hope they inform us soon, so we can plan our holidays, it would be awful when I am on Holiday and the Stones do an European tour.

And what about Wembley, that have not played in the new Wembley stadium yet, so that should be a good location, for all!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:26

Please not the new Wembley ! I saw Springsteen there in the summer and the sound was awful - the half roof causes terrible echo. Olympic Stadium would be a better choice.

sc uk

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:33

Leeds Arena for sure.But praying for a return to Roundhay.......what a gig that was!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:47

stargroover
Leeds Arena for sure.But praying for a return to Roundhay.......what a gig that was!

Leeds Arena would be like a theatre gig. I wouldn't complain about that !
Roundhay would be a nice way to end it. Better than Knebworth.

sc uk

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 28, 2016 10:35

Not the Amsterdam Arena !!!Maybe the Ziggodome, or geldredome Arnhem, Netherlands
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 10:35 by corriecas.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 28, 2016 12:15

Gaetzi
I really hope whatever 2017 shows they put together aren't just festivals. I'd love to fly to Europe to catch a few shows but I don't think I could muster the motivation for festivals. Especially if this is the end of the Stones as a touring band. It seems like a really diluted and watered down way to end it.

Thing is they played Europe in 2014 so it will only have been 3 years if they indeed come back next year. There might be some concern that they won't be able to fill these stadiums on their own like the last time. It wouldn't be as bad as 2006->2007 especially if there is a new album but still...On the other hand some "festivals" are "ok", BST Hyde Park wasn't very different from going to a Stones' show like Longchamps 1995. Festivals like Werchter require more planning.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 28, 2016 12:26

PdeGroot
If they do an European tour,is June an Ideal month, just before the Holiday period, hope they inform us soon, so we can plan our holidays, it would be awful when I am on Holiday and the Stones do an European tour.

Well, if it's June, chances are I'll have to miss out. Always have to book my annual island escape a year in advance and it always falls in June.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 28, 2016 13:50

gotdablouse
Gaetzi

Thing is they played Europe in 2014 so it will only have been 3 years if they indeed come back next year. There might be some concern that they won't be able to fill these stadiums on their own like the last time. It wouldn't be as bad as 2006->2007 especially if there is a new album but still...On the other hand some "festivals" are "ok", BST Hyde Park wasn't very different from going to a Stones' show like Longchamps 1995. Festivals like Werchter require more planning. LP

We're they unable to fill stadiums in 2006-2007?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 28, 2016 13:52

teleblaster
PdeGroot

Well, if it's June, chances are I'll have to miss out. Always have to book my annual island escape a year in advance and it always falls in June.

Is this satire? Or this genuinely the state of "rock n' roll" in 2016?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home