Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: pospi ()
Date: November 19, 2016 16:12

Hello,
Do you have any rumours about which part of summer the tour could take place? June like the last time (and festivals season) or later...? I already have to fill 2017 holidays requests form at my company winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 19, 2016 16:14

Probably end of may- mid July, i think
Jeroen

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: November 19, 2016 16:24

Perfect! smiling smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 19, 2016 17:22

petewasbristol
Wembley Stadium is one of the worst venues for live music in the world (no exageration intended) - from getting to the stadium (awful), the sound (awful), the atmosphere (bad enough for football matches let alone a live gig) the view from certain locations in the stadium, getting away from the stadium after the gig, empty corporate seats...they don't need to tick this venue off - just go elsewhere in London (or the nearby vicinity) if they have to. Plenty of other stadiums, stately houses and parks that can do a better job.

Of course...that's if they play the UK this time around...

I thought getting there and leaving there was easy.
After the gig (AC/DC), we left the stadium and hopped on the tube without any delay. Pretty amazing actually.

The sound was horrible though.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 19, 2016 17:30

I vote for Hyde Park again. Had a blast

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 19, 2016 18:27

The rumour around (from good source) is a 8-10 date European tour, mostly festivals with 1 SHOW per country, Knebworth being the last one.
They received multiple offers, from about 15 European countries, but not more than 10 dates are being considered.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 19, 2016 18:37

@Georgelick

In your opinion is it possible a double gift for the fans:having European Tour and new album together?!?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 19, 2016 18:55

mailexile67
@Georgelick

In your opinion is it possible a double gift for the fans:having European Tour and new album together?!?

I can't see a new album out in June, bad time for sales.
They had the blues album ready on December 2015 (or mid-April after overdubs and mix) but it was put on hold until December 2016 waiting for the Christmas sales market, yet with tour dates being played on October.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 19, 2016 19:22

BowieStone
petewasbristol
Wembley Stadium is one of the worst venues for live music in the world (no exageration intended) - from getting to the stadium (awful), the sound (awful), the atmosphere (bad enough for football matches let alone a live gig) the view from certain locations in the stadium, getting away from the stadium after the gig, empty corporate seats...they don't need to tick this venue off - just go elsewhere in London (or the nearby vicinity) if they have to. Plenty of other stadiums, stately houses and parks that can do a better job.

After the gig (AC/DC), we left the stadium and hopped on the tube without any delay. Pretty amazing actually.

You're talking about the "new" Wembley Stadium, don't you?
I saw the Stones in the old one.

Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: November 19, 2016 19:56

why not go up north why should london village get all the cream

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 19, 2016 20:17

leteyer
grzegorz67
The Worst.
powerage78
Less than 50.000 in Paris in 2007 for a capacity of 78.500...
Was there.

Well, they had played a sold out crowd at the same venue just the year before.
And the stadium was absolutely crammed in 2014.

(Was there - 2003,2006,2007,2014)

I was there 1998, 2007 and 2014. I travelled to Paris in 2014 without a ticket and got one by pure chance from a Mexican girl who recognised me from the early queue in Oslo 18 days before. We were on the London Paris coach and her friend in Psris had a spare in GA Gold which I bought from her the next day at face value. If thst hadn't happened aI would have struggled as I saw no touts on the day so I think it was a true sellout. 1998 was a big crowd but not sold out. I had a nosebleed seat but was allowed to walk into the pitch unchallenged and got a good spot.

Paris has always been a favourite venue for the Stones and I can't see them skipping it.
Ha, ha, ha..I am her friend in Paris..

Hola Leteyer, I had a guess it might be you smiling smiley As a Mexican Stones fan resident in Paris, There had to be a good chance. Your friend was a student in Bath at the time, near where I work in Swindon. She was 2 or 3 places away from me on the rail at the end of the catwalk at the Oslo show. It was the most crazy coincidence and piece of good luck that she recognised me in London and you had that spare ticket!

Muchas gracias,

Gregor

PS, I think I've seen you posting on the Macca board too? I was at his show at Bercy in May.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 19, 2016 20:21

Not one date confirmed but still eleven pages of speculation here. I seem to distinguish a pattern here: If you live in London - you want them to play in London. If you live in Paris - you want them to play in Paris.
And so on. Hardly surprising..

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 19, 2016 22:22

stabilo

One show per country on this tour and you seriously expect that the U.K. show would not be played in or around London you are dreaming.

Nate thumbs up

Date: November 19, 2016 22:41

Nate
stabilo

One show per country on this tour and you seriously expect that the U.K. show would not be played in or around London you are dreaming.

Nate thumbs up

Hi Nate, while the increasing London centricness of this country annoys and concerns me and is, Imho, unhealthy, in the Stones' case, you are spot on. The fact that all 4 band members are Londoners seals the deal. In past tours, I've seen the band play Sheffield, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cardiff but they're unlikely to go there again.

I think the tour will be mostly Capital Cities, as was the case for most of the 2014 shows. Even Werchter and Roskilde are close to Brussels and Copenhagen respectively.

Yes as a Scot, I'm well aware that Edinburgh and Cardiff are capitals too, but if the UK gets 1 show, it won't be far from London.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 19, 2016 22:42

I have been to the new Wembley for a football match and thought it was better to get away afterwards, than the old Wembley.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 20, 2016 11:46

Let's hope they start the rehearsels again close to BV in Oslo!
Was fun.
Then Keith and Patti can visit the family in Norway again...

Not a good one, but they managed Keith to open up, a bit. Those two are famous from a decent TV show.

[www.youtube.com]

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 20, 2016 13:37

georgelicks
The rumour around (from good source) is a 8-10 date European tour, mostly
festivals with 1 SHOW per country, Knebworth being the last one.
They received multiple offers, from about 15 European countries, but not more
than 10 dates are being considered.

I don´t like the festival idea. They should do those shows in front of
their own audience in the biggest stadiums.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 14:09

TE
Let's hope they start the rehearsels again close to BV in Oslo!
Was fun.
Then Keith and Patti can visit the family in Norway again...

Not a good one, but they managed Keith to open up, a bit. Those two are famous from a decent TV show.

[www.youtube.com]

TE
Oslo

I didn' know that Patti Hansen wait for a tour to visit her family. I think she is the one who plans the cities then. "Hey Mick, could to make a show in Munich, I would like to savour a sauerkraut with meat" smoking smiley

Date: November 20, 2016 14:37

TooTough
georgelicks

I do - the tickets are usually much cheaper and Front of Stage is usually for early queuers and not those willing and able to pay €€€€€€€

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 20, 2016 18:07

TooTough
georgelicks

Agreed !!smileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 20, 2016 18:34

Any festival names or countries mentioned?
There aren't that many big festivals around Europe other than the ones they've played before and I'm guessing they'd rather play the ones they haven't played.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 20, 2016 19:20

Adams
There aren't that many big festivals around Europe other than the ones they've played before and I'm guessing they'd rather play the ones they haven't played.

The never played Rock Am Ring/Im Park, maybe sort of the German Glastonbury.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 20, 2016 19:31

Adams

[iorr.org]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 20, 2016 20:54

BowieStone
petewasbristol

I have seen AC/DC in London - Wembley and Olympic Stadium. Wembley is much better both in regards to location, transport and atmosphere....

Date: November 20, 2016 21:07

mtaylor
BowieStone
petewasbristol

I have seen AC/DC in London - Wembley and Olympic Stadium. Wembley is much better both in regards to location, transport and atmosphere....

That doesn't say much for the Olympic Stadium then grinning smiley

I went to the old Wembley 13 times and the new one twice and thought the transport logistics were awful nearly every time.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 20, 2016 23:10

Monsoon Ragoon
Adams

The never played Rock Am Ring/Im Park, maybe sort of the German Glastonbury.

I don't think, they gonna play there, but the festival still needs another top act.

Rock am Ring

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 21, 2016 00:05

Hoping for Rock Werchter in Belgium still missing one headliner for june 29.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-21 00:06 by spunky.

Date: November 21, 2016 03:27

spunky
Hoping for Rock Werchter in Belgium still missing one headliner for june 29.

Not sure I am. I was at the MCCartney gig there this year. It's an absolute pain in the arse to get to and the stage is a ridiculous height.

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 11:55

I saw the Stones at the Werchter festival 2014. Bad Audience (the worst i've ever seen) and the transport system is just awful. Also i don't like the festival thing. They should play for their own crowd. Maybe also some smaller venues like Waldbühne or Ahoi Arena. Would be perfect for a Blues Session..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 21, 2016 12:29

I would say Hamburg/Hanover/Bremen and Stuttgart/Munich for Germany. No Munich if they play Vienna, no Hamburg if they play (western) Denmark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-21 12:31 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home