Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 14, 2016 06:06

The wristband is all you need to get in. I did not purchase through a third-party like Stubhub, so I don't know how that would work.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 14, 2016 19:09

jumpontopofmebaby
BluzDude
jumpontopofmebaby
It will happen.

.....a done deal????confused smiley

I wish I could remember the article or the program where they were talking with

page and plant.

They had agreed to do it but JP Jones had committed to do some type of opera or

something and was to last a year or so once it actually started.

And the attitude was they would tour when he was freed up.

Is that all you've got? Some article? Unless you've spoken to either Plant, Page, or the head of either Live Nation, AEG, or Harvey Goldsmith, you've got nothing. You're posting what you wish, nothing more.

Date: September 14, 2016 19:10

What's this Zeppelin crap even doing in this thread?

Date: September 14, 2016 19:28

You'd think this thread would be a sticky.....

To buy local tickets in person, you must have a California driver's license or ID card with a designated ZIP code. If you buy locals tickets online, your billing or shipping address must have one of the designated ZIP codes.

Designated ZIP codes: 92201, 92202, 92203, 92210, 92211, 92230, 92234, 92236, 92240, 92241, 92253, 92254, 92255, 92258, 92260, 92261 – 92264, 92270, 92274, 92275, 92276, and 92292.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2016 01:24

Hairball
J.J.Flash
There's no way John Paul Jones is holding all the cards and preventing a zepp tour. That's like Darryl Jones making the Stones wait a year because he needs some me time.

Ridiculous comparison!

Comparing John Paul Jones to Darryl is like comparing Jimmy Page to Blondie Chaplin.
JPJ was a major contributor to the Zeppelin sound and music, while Darryl is simply an anonymous backup musician.

With that said, I doubt anything JPJ was doing at the time had priority over a Zep reunion. An opera? haha
Furthermore, the chances of any Zep reunion tour are approximately ZERO.

that's ridiculous...comparing jimmy to blondie is like comparing ronnie to keith.

Date: September 15, 2016 05:06

treaclefingers
Hairball
J.J.Flash
There's no way John Paul Jones is holding all the cards and preventing a zepp tour. That's like Darryl Jones making the Stones wait a year because he needs some me time.

Ridiculous comparison!

Comparing John Paul Jones to Darryl is like comparing Jimmy Page to Blondie Chaplin.
JPJ was a major contributor to the Zeppelin sound and music, while Darryl is simply an anonymous backup musician.

With that said, I doubt anything JPJ was doing at the time had priority over a Zep reunion. An opera? haha
Furthermore, the chances of any Zep reunion tour are approximately ZERO.

that's ridiculous...comparing jimmy to blondie is like comparing ronnie to keith.

I don't get the speculation about a Zep reunion. What is it doing in this thread, or anywhere on IORR when Plant himself stated "it's not going to happen mate". And this was a few months ago down at the courthouse during the trial. I was there and heard it.

Date: September 15, 2016 05:07

Maybe we should be concentrating on who might show up at Desert Trip. I asked Ringo if he was going to show up, and he answered "tomorrow never knows"....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 15, 2016 06:50

roller99
You'd think this thread would be a sticky.....

To buy local tickets in person, you must have a California driver's license or ID card with a designated ZIP code. If you buy locals tickets online, your billing or shipping address must have one of the designated ZIP codes.

Designated ZIP codes: 92201, 92202, 92203, 92210, 92211, 92230, 92234, 92236, 92240, 92241, 92253, 92254, 92255, 92258, 92260, 92261 – 92264, 92270, 92274, 92275, 92276, and 92292.

but there is also a general public sale for non-residents, as I read it, beginning at 1 pm Pacific time.

plexi

Date: September 15, 2016 21:01

It looks like some more 3 day passes are going to be released. At least according to this LA Times article

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 16, 2016 09:26

Not trying to troll here, but a fairly reliable source told me Page & Plant (not Zeppelin) will be playing in some form at Desert Trip weekend 2.

If this seems implausible, consider that Plant is playing in LA at David Lynch's Disruption Festival Oct. 8 & 9. Jimmy is out promoting the new Zeppelin Complete BBC Sessions.

I know some folks around here have been making seemingly laughable statements about a "Zeppelin Reunion' at DT, but I wouldn't completely dismiss their claims.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 16, 2016 10:40

Unless they show up and say "see you next year". Anything more would probably not
sit to well with the other performer's egos.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 16, 2016 17:53

Mickscarey is back... at least in tribute, babbling about a Led Zeppelin tour that will not happen.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2016 18:24

If Zep were EVER going to do some sort of extended reunion, it would have been after the 2007 O2 gig.

Didn't happen then.

Not going to happen now.

Not even worth discussing anymore.

Date: September 16, 2016 19:35

I read somewhere that security may be checking your wristband and asking for a foto ID. How would this work if u bought your ticket on the secondary market?

plexi

Date: September 16, 2016 19:40

also, my wife may or may not be able to go. If I had to sell her ticket (I plan on getting both of our tickets tomorrow in the sale) what would be the likelihood of being able to sell it?

plexi

Date: September 16, 2016 19:47

one more - would it be best to try to buy the tix from the Stones site or thru AXS?

Either way, would it be a good idea to set up an account ahead of time before the sale?

plexi

Date: September 16, 2016 21:59

timbernardis
I read somewhere that security may be checking your wristband and asking for a foto ID. How would this work if u bought your ticket on the secondary market?

plexi

I do not know this for a fact, but I am guessing that the photo ID must match the name used when you activate the wristband.

Date: September 16, 2016 23:16

mosthigh
Not trying to troll here, but a fairly reliable source told me Page & Plant (not Zeppelin) will be playing in some form at Desert Trip weekend 2.

If this seems implausible, consider that Plant is playing in LA at David Lynch's Disruption Festival Oct. 8 & 9. Jimmy is out promoting the new Zeppelin Complete BBC Sessions.

I know some folks around here have been making seemingly laughable statements about a "Zeppelin Reunion' at DT, but I wouldn't completely dismiss their claims.

Jimmy is promoting the BBC Sessions.....snore. That's all he does. He doesn't have the balls to get on a stage. He just keeps rem-mastering. I expect someday to have remastered Yardbirds, outtakes, and other garbage we haven't heard.

Date: September 17, 2016 02:57

JadedFaded
timbernardis

plexi

I do not know this for a fact, but I am guessing that the photo ID must match the name used when you activate the wristband.

what about if you bought several tickets under one name, how would the other people pass muster?

plexi

Date: September 17, 2016 06:11

My understanding is that each wristband must be activated individually online with the name of the person who will be wearing that wristband.

Date: September 17, 2016 07:03

JadedFaded
My understanding is that each wristband must be activated individually online with the name of the person who will be wearing that wristband.

so if I don't get tickets tomorrow and have to buy them on the secondary market, then I assume that I could activate the wristbands with my name. I guess the thing to do is to call eg StubHub and call the Desert Trip ticket office and ask them about this.

plexi

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 17, 2016 07:20

I got my Desert Trip box in the mail today! Psyched! We should figure out a place for the IORR crew to meet up at the show!

Date: September 17, 2016 21:08

Woz
I got my Desert Trip box in the mail today! Psyched! We should figure out a place for the IORR crew to meet up at the show!

Yes that is a great idea! Anybody want to name a place to eat and have beers? And a day and time.

plexi

Date: September 17, 2016 21:10

So now I understand there are both wristbands and tickets that you need ...

here is what a friend e mailed me today:

Just got my box for Desert Trip - pretty amazing, wrist bands that have to be activated on line, tickets for the seats, lanyard for round your neck, a booklet of all kind of things and a little slide machine with 3D photos of the band and the desert!

plexi

Date: September 17, 2016 23:58

F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got in to order my tix for the first Desert Trip weekend and my order was DECLINED. I called my bank the other day to raise the spending limit on my card for the weekend but somehow it did not happen. I even went to Stubhub which would have been $38 more but it too was declined. I had enough money in my checking account to handle the transaction. I am so PISSED and just so sick over this.

I guess I will be able to get them later but I had my heart set on getting them TODAY!!! Stubhub also told me that I might or might not get everything that is in the box, that the reseller is only obligated to send only the wristband and the ticket. I want everything in the box!!

And I will probably have to pay above face as I do not expect them to still be available thru the Desert Trip website on Monday.

I want my tickets NOW!!!!

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 01:29

timbernardis
So now I understand there are both wristbands and tickets that you need ...

here is what a friend e mailed me today:

Just got my box for Desert Trip - pretty amazing, wrist bands that have to be activated on line, tickets for the seats, lanyard for round your neck, a booklet of all kind of things and a little slide machine with 3D photos of the band and the desert!

plexi

I bought GA so no ticket and no lanyard in my box. I guess you need a ticket for the reserved seats.

I wish you good luck on Monday!

Date: September 18, 2016 02:50

yeah, you're right come to think of it. Was the booklet and slide machine in your box?

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 09:35

Yes I got the booklet and the 3D slide viewer.

Date: September 18, 2016 10:28

If I end up having to sell one GA ticket for weekend one, how difficult might it be to sell?

plexi

Date: September 19, 2016 21:29

bump

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10