Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Date: September 22, 2016 23:29

MisterDDDD
Hairball
Not sure - but if all fails there's another presale tomorrow via AXS.

Neil Young

Password- HEARTOFGOLD

Thanks again!
On sale now.. Just scored a GA floor.. for $50!

Ya and the $50 GA is probably only like 3 feet from the $150 pit that was the only option yesterday!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2016 23:40

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
Hairball
Not sure - but if all fails there's another presale tomorrow via AXS.

Neil Young

Password- HEARTOFGOLD

Thanks again!
On sale now.. Just scored a GA floor.. for $50!

Ya and the $50 GA is probably only like 3 feet from the $150 pit that was the only option yesterday!

thumbs up

Nice - for $50 can't go wrong!

Looking at AXS map now...looks like the GA floor is actually the four tiered platform levels behind GA Pit (as described below on official theater site) and beneath the overhanging loge and balcony.
Nice to have tiered levels as you won't have any problems viewing the stage.

Orchestra/Pit: Located on the main floor. This area is general admission standing room only.
Terraces: Located directly behind Orchestra, these are four tiered platforms set at multiple elevations. This area is general admission standing room only.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2016 23:59

Thanks agin for the pre-sale tip(s)..
And for pointing out the floor vs pit tix.. confusing..did not see that.

I was picturing the three feet behind option, but this will work nicely as well!

Date: September 23, 2016 00:33

You're welcome MisterDDDD - it should all be good. thumbs up
And even though I already had the official Neil presale link, it was you who posted it yesterday, so hats off for that.

Of all the times I've seen Neil Young, this will be the smallest venue I've seen him in. Similar to the historic Wilten Theater in L.A. (where I've seen many shows), this will be an experience to be remembered.
Sandwiched between the massive Desert Trip shows, I couldn't have hoped for anything better to do while down there...except maybe seeing the Stones again in a small club/theater. winking smiley

Date: September 23, 2016 00:36

Hairball
And even though I already had the official Neil presale link, it was you who posted it yesterday, so hats off for that.

Of all the times I've seen Neil Young, this will be the smallest venue I've seen him in. Similar to the historic Wilten Theater in L.A. (where I've seen many shows), this will be an experience to be remembered.
Sandwiched between the massive Desert Trip shows, I couldn't have hoped for anything better to do while down there...except maybe seeing the Stones again in a small club/theater. winking smiley

Can someone tell me how many people this place will hold?

Date: September 23, 2016 00:42

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

Can someone tell me how many people this place will hold?

I saw Neil once in Dallas at Fair Park Theater. A pretty small place and it was only Neil Young

He had a piano on one side electronic drums on the other and a stool in the center surrounded by guitars and banjo....I think a banjo anyway

I was only a teenager and was lucky to even get a ticket.

It blew me away. I cannot remember the exact year but it was I think 1982 0r 1983. One of my all time shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 00:43 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: September 23, 2016 01:08

Nice jumpontopofmebaby!
Can't find exact capacity for this theater, but it looks similar to the Wiltern so guessing it's about 2,000 max.
The smallest venue I've seen him was with Crazy Horse at the now defunct Universal Ampitheater (apprx. 6,000 capacity) in L.A. during the Rusted Out Garage Tour in '86 - amazing show.
The closest I've seen him was last year at the L.A. Forum which had GA...about 5 people back from the stage. One of the best shows I've seen from him - short acoustic set followed by a lengthy barrage of electricity w/full band.
Looking forward to the Desert Trip shows and these! Will get to the theater early to stake my spot in line in hopes of getting to the front of stage!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 01:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 23, 2016 01:50

Good guess Hairball..
You are ALL over this...

"From its legendary Grand Hall to its rooftop nightclubs, Fox Theater has the flexibility to host 50 to 2,000 guests for concerts, corporate events, weddings, birthdays, film festivals, dinner parties, location shoots, bar/bat mitzvahs—you name it. Events can occupy a single space or a combination of spaces for a complete venue experience.

Date: September 23, 2016 16:51

To anyone else going to Neil Young in Pomona

I am flying into Ontario Thursday and will be there mid morning. I have a hotel there for Thursday night. It is about 7 miles from the Fox Theater in Pomona.

If there any is any pre Neil Young beer drinking festivities let me know the location. This show has me pumped up more than the Desert Trip!

Would love to drink a few beers with Neil/Stones fans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-23 17:42 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 23, 2016 21:13

I just received an e-mail informing me that Costco is now selling tickets for this show.

Date: September 23, 2016 23:57

BluzDude
I just received an e-mail informing me that Costco is now selling tickets for this show.

thumbs up

Coincidentally, just got back from Costco for groceries, etc. and spent more $$$ than planned (as is usually the case). Hard to refuse mass quantities at discounted prices! winking smiley
Also received email...tickets for weekend 1.

One parking pass is included with each order of 2 or more tickets

Originally $1690 per ticket, now available for the special Costco member price of $1349 per ticket!

Looks like alot of PIT tickets available along with several in reserved seating SEC 109.
For those who aren't Costco members and haven't bought tix yet, it would be worth it to pay the $50 annual membership fee just to receive this discount!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 00:36

No webcast? Leaving money on the table.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 24, 2016 01:13

Costco? I dont see it on their site?

Date: September 24, 2016 02:17

spikenyc
Costco? I dont see it on their site?

When I clicked on link in Costco email, it's via TicketsDirect...they must be in some sort of partnership with Costco.

DesertTrip/TicketsDirect/Costco

Out of curiosity I put a ticket in cart, and went to checkout. They then ask for email address, and then ask for Costco membership number.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: September 24, 2016 06:04

The flex pricing has begun on Viagogo.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 24, 2016 06:28

I finally bought my tix for DT Weekend One yesterday. Only GA, but at least I am in the door. Looks like I will not be selling one as my wife should be able to go.

plexi

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: September 24, 2016 15:55

So who else is travelling from Uk for DT? We are going weekend 1 so countdown has started. Even found my old t shirt from 1982 to wear but way too small now!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 24, 2016 18:27

timbernardis
I finally bought my tix for DT Weekend One yesterday. Only GA, but at least I am in the door. Looks like I will not be selling one as my wife should be able to go.

plexi

The iorr's in the GA section should get together! I will be wearing a iorr button on my backpack. My friend and I will be bringing low chairs to sit in before the concert. I am sure everyone will be standing for the concerts!

Date: September 24, 2016 23:57

2014Slayer
timbernardis

plexi

The iorr's in the GA section should get together! I will be wearing a iorr button on my backpack. My friend and I will be bringing low chairs to sit in before the concert. I am sure everyone will be standing for the concerts!

a few of us are planning to get together at a watering hole at about 2 before the show, others can join us too.

plexi

Date: September 25, 2016 01:20

Please let us know where! Having lunch at Ruby's Diner before driving to shuttle stop, but would love to meet other iorrs there.

Date: September 25, 2016 01:31

2014Slayer
Please let us know where! Having lunch at Ruby's Diner before driving to shuttle stop, but would love to meet other iorrs there.

do they serve alcohol?

plexi

Date: September 25, 2016 03:03

Count me in!

Ruby's is a typical retro American style family diner with an emphasis on the grub - breakfast fare, burgers, sandwich's, shakes, etc.
They might serve beer and wine (?), but probably not the best place to have a pre-show gathering.
The closest one to Indio that I see is out in Palm Springs apprx. 30 miles away.

I do see a place called 'Burgers and Beer' about 5 miles from Desert Trip location in La Quinta. Burgers and Beer
Not being familiar with the Desert area in general I don't have much other info., but it would be nice if there was some old cowboy saloon close by with an old jukebox and a pool table. winking smiley

Date: September 25, 2016 10:01

Burgers and Beer might be a good place to gather. Maybe there is some site on the Internet that, oh hell, just did a quick Google search and got to this page [www.google.com]

haven't really looked at it but will soon. Take a look and see what u think.

plexi

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: September 25, 2016 17:06

There is a place called Neil's lounge which looks nearby but never been there just doing google search.

Date: September 25, 2016 18:17

Hairball
Count me in!

Ruby's is a typical retro American style family diner with an emphasis on the grub - breakfast fare, burgers, sandwich's, shakes, etc.
They might serve beer and wine (?), but probably not the best place to have a pre-show gathering.
The closest one to Indio that I see is out in Palm Springs apprx. 30 miles away.

I do see a place called 'Burgers and Beer' about 5 miles from Desert Trip location in La Quinta. Burgers and Beer
Not being familiar with the Desert area in general I don't have much other info., but it would be nice if there was some old cowboy saloon close by with an old jukebox and a pool table. winking smiley

That might be a good place to meet, as I think it is one of the Park & Ride shuttle stops. Starting at 2 pm sounds good too! I think that would be great.

Date: September 25, 2016 18:19

timbernardis
Burgers and Beer might be a good place to gather. Maybe there is some site on the Internet that, oh hell, just did a quick Google search and got to this page [www.google.com]

plexi

I was googling 'bars near Indio' in my quick search last night when I found 'Burgers and Beer'.
I see you were searching 'Pubs near Indio' so we're on the same page, and I see 'The Beer Hunter.

Looks like they're similar type places, although 'Burgers and Beer' is apprx. 3 miles closer to Desert Trip.

Beer Hunter >>>Burgers and Beer

Looking closer at the google map now, I see the Tack Room Tavern:

"Located at the beautiful Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA, The Tack Room Tavern Restaurant offers great food and a fully-stocked bar. Karaoke every Thursday night.
Excellent Happy Hour specials all week long. Local bands play live music on Friday and Saturday Nights - NO Cover.
Open-air and covered patio available for special events. Book your special event or party with us!!! Free WIFI."

Seeing that it's right next to Desert Trip (appr. 33 ft or a 1 minute walk lol) it's probably going to be really crowded - but how convenient!
It might even be an official restaurant/bar of the Polo grounds?

Tack Room Tavern >>> Desert Trip

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 25, 2016 21:29

Someone just dumped a ticket on Stubhub for $259.

Still 4,390 active listings though some surely belong to the promoter and will be diverted back to the box office eventually.

Date: September 26, 2016 00:57

Hairball
timbernardis

plexi

I was googling 'bars near Indio' in my quick search last night when I found 'Burgers and Beer'.
I see you were searching 'Pubs near Indio' so we're on the same page, and I see 'The Beer Hunter.

Looks like they're similar type places, although 'Burgers and Beer' is apprx. 3 miles closer to Desert Trip.

"Located at the beautiful Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA, The Tack Room Tavern Restaurant offers great food and a fully-stocked bar. Karaoke every Thursday night.
Excellent Happy Hour specials all week long. Local bands play live music on Friday and Saturday Nights - NO Cover.
Open-air and covered patio available for special events. Book your special event or party with us!!! Free WIFI."

Seeing that it's right next to Desert Trip (appr. 33 ft or a 1 minute walk lol) it's probably going to be really crowded - but how convenient!

I wonder if we could qualify as a special event or party, or might there be a charge for that? It may be booked anyway. I would volunteer to phone them. We might have ten in our party, kind of unknown at this time. I will report back.

plexi

Date: September 26, 2016 01:12

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis

plexi

I wonder if we could qualify as a special event or party, or might there be a charge for that? It may be booked anyway. I would volunteer to phone them. We might have ten in our party, kind of unknown at this time. I will report back.

plexi

I just called them and they said they are closed during the festival, that they are only open tues and wed. Keep searching. Burgers and Beer might be a good option. Do we know for sure that it is a shuttle stop?

plexi

Date: September 26, 2016 02:24

La Quinta Resort is a shuttle stop, but not a Park & Ride. I wonder if you jump on at one stop if the shuttle goes around to all the stops? If so it might be a good way to meet, that way we can go onto the venue from there. I might message the promoter with that question.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home