Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 23, 2016 23:36

jlowe
[email protected]
I can't believe Plant turned down $14 million to play Coachella with Jimmy and John. Its absurd. What if they had lost the lawsuit?

Clearly Plant is not motivated by money.
In any case the Zep reissues programme will present a steady income.

The question might be, if Zep had agreed to play, who would have dropped out?
My guess would be Roger Waters.

Had they lost the lawsuit, it wouldn't have hurt anything other than Jimmy's pride. Did you see the list of defendants in the suit? They named everyone except for Ahmet's corpse.

Court documents

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 24, 2016 10:46

Why did John Paul Jones get named in the action?
He wasn't one of the composers, so presumably doesn't receive publishing income.
No doubt he was involved on the creative process, as were (Stones) Brian/Charlie/Bill....but that's another story!
In the My Sweet Lord case it was GH who got sued, not the 'sidemen' also.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: August 25, 2016 01:22

jlowe
Why did John Paul Jones get named in the action?
He wasn't one of the composers, so presumably doesn't receive publishing income.
No doubt he was involved on the creative process, as were (Stones) Brian/Charlie/Bill....but that's another story!
In the My Sweet Lord case it was GH who got sued, not the 'sidemen' also.

I haven't read the documents yet but I think JPJ was named and then later dropped. He did testify once. Malofiy probably thought it was best to go after as many people as he could and see which ones his b.s. might stick on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 01:26 by likecats.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 25, 2016 01:39

MisterDDDD
Got a Desert Trip "newsletter" in the mail yesterday...
Not much (if any) new info in it, but for those with GA passes, it did show a " GA Standing Only" area in front of the GA area designated for chairs and blankets.. that was news to me...

Counting Down..(!!!!)

Not sure if there is a slope in the GA area, we figure we will bring chairs for the 1st weekend, and leave them at home for the 2nd if it was a problem. Tried to find the 3 Park & Ride Shuttle locations, as our hotel is outside that immediate area.

Counting Down also...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 25, 2016 02:40

MisterDDDD
Led Zeppelin Turned Down $14 Million for "Desert Trip" Gigs

"According to The Pulse Of Radio and Showbiz411.com, Zeppelin turned down $14 million for two reunion performances. Jimmy Page said yes and Robert Plant chose to pass. So now you know which member of Zep to blame..."
[www.kfox.com]

Damn
That would have been sweet...

who to blame? yeah,Page-if there is one person i respect in the music business it's Robert Plant.bringing out this fake Led Zeppelin to cash in for a night would be a joke.
it's not Led Zeppelin,you're defrauding the public if you do it and there is only one reason-money.
One of his best lines was when asked "why don't you just use Jason Bonham and continue on?' he said"because he's not as good as his dad" it's not Led Zeppelin without Bonzo,plain and simple.It would be as if Page died and you brought in another guitar player with the other three and tried to sell it for a cash grab.
I love Jimmy Page,i've seen him with Zep,the Firm,his solo tour,hell,i own the Death Wish soundtrack but he's got to get past this-it's over.when Bonham died ,Led Zeppelin died,but no matter how many times Robert tries to tell him he can't let it go.
if Jimmy would face reality he could've started a new band and called it the Yardirds and put out some great rock and roll.he could've had his pick of players from the Robinson brothers to who knows who.but damn,trying to bring it back,even auditioning Steven Tyler on vocals,that's fckng embarrassing.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 26, 2016 04:45

I'm just jumping in on the Desert Trip topic - I don't think there's another thread? Thoughts on the Culinary experience? Hell, we're into weekend 1 for over 2G, what's a few more? Seriously, it seems appealing -at least one day- especially since we're camping. Your thoughts? See ya in the desert!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 26, 2016 10:43

"Jimmy Page said yes and Robert Plant chose to pass"

For 14M Page was even ready to clean the Porta-loos after the festival! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 27, 2016 01:33

I enjoyed the Page & Plant show I saw in '98

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 28, 2016 01:04

roller99
Mega concert!

Great info heard here first, Thanks roller smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 28, 2016 02:00

lem motlow
MisterDDDD

"According to The Pulse Of Radio and Showbiz411.com, Zeppelin turned down $14 million for two reunion performances. Jimmy Page said yes and Robert Plant chose to pass. So now you know which member of Zep to blame..."
[www.kfox.com]

Damn

who to blame? yeah,Page-if there is one person i respect in the music business it's Robert Plant.bringing out this fake Led Zeppelin to cash in for a night would be a joke.
it's not Led Zeppelin,you're defrauding the public if you do it and there is only one reason-money.
One of his best lines was when asked "why don't you just use Jason Bonham and continue on?' he said"because he's not as good as his dad" it's not Led Zeppelin without Bonzo,plain and simple.It would be as if Page died and you brought in another guitar player with the other three and tried to sell it for a cash grab.
I love Jimmy Page,i've seen him with Zep,the Firm,his solo tour,hell,i own the Death Wish soundtrack but he's got to get past this-it's over.when Bonham died ,Led Zeppelin died,but no matter how many times Robert tries to tell him he can't let it go.
if Jimmy would face reality he could've started a new band and called it the Yardirds and put out some great rock and roll.he could've had his pick of players from the Robinson brothers to who knows who.but damn,trying to bring it back,even auditioning Steven Tyler on vocals,that's fckng embarrassing.

exactly! we all know what happened to the stones when they replaced Brian Jones!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 28, 2016 03:18

I love what McCartney said in the new ROLLING STONE magazine where he's on the cover about the Stones and the desert show. "Fossil rock!" he said with a giggle!

He's awesome. No doubt about that. He's like Keith in a way... he keeps going.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 28, 2016 08:29

2014Slayer
MisterDDDD
Got a Desert Trip "newsletter" in the mail yesterday...
Not much (if any) new info in it, but for those with GA passes, it did show a " GA Standing Only" area in front of the GA area designated for chairs and blankets.. that was news to me...

Counting Down..(!!!!)

Not sure if there is a slope in the GA area, we figure we will bring chairs for the 1st weekend, and leave them at home for the 2nd if it was a problem. Tried to find the 3 Park & Ride Shuttle locations, as our hotel is outside that immediate area.

Counting Down also...

I have not been to this venue before, but I expect the field to be flat. That is how this part of California is: mountains all around with very flat valleys in between. Also, much earlier in this thread, there was discussion of grass vs bare dirt. In a normal non-drought year, there would no measurable rainfall after April and until November, with daytime temps often 90+, so no grass would grow unless it was watered regularly. So I expect it will be bare dirt. And dusty and dry. I hate this venue. But I will be in GA too. I expect to see nothing and just hear the beautiful music.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 28, 2016 11:03

this week i listened to a compilation from neil young's recent european tour. it had 1 version of every song performed & if a song was performed acoustic & electric it had both. 70+ songs. everyone else on the bill better watch out, neil is brining it every night & promise of the real are unreal good as his band. definitely not coasting on warhorses. i am going to be very interested to see what roger waters brings to this. he's the wild card. every time i've seen him, i haven't had high expectations & he has blown me away. i believe that neil has got him for the bridge school show this year, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him & neil do something at coachella. we'll see what happens. i wish i could go but it was not happening financially or with time off from work sadly. i considered the stones in vegas but just couldn't afford it. since they're not doing a bunch of dates, i hope they open up the setlist a bit.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2016 01:05

lem motlow
MisterDDDD

[www.kfox.com]

Damn

OK so you're right about LZ being over.

But... there was this show a while back... and then a live album and a live video from that show...

So that's a bit curious, Plant saying "because he's not as good as his dad" when clearly he was for that week or so. What a load. Jason was AWESOME. He was so awesome that... they released a live album and video of it.

Jason did say this though, which is probably the truth:

“He told me, ‘It doesn’t matter how great you are on the drums, Jason. I love you to bits, and you play absolutely amazing. But John was the drummer in Led Zeppelin, and John was part of me and Jimmy and John Paul. We shared something very, very special.'”

[somethingelsereviews.com]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: August 29, 2016 06:21

Their fans want them to perform. Period. And they can give the money to Charity!

Date: August 29, 2016 09:21

GasLightStreet
I love what McCartney said in the new ROLLING STONE magazine where he's on the cover about the Stones and the desert show. "Fossil rock!" he said with a giggle!

He's awesome. No doubt about that. He's like Keith in a way... he keeps going.

i do like macca as well...consummate professional

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 29, 2016 09:54

GasLightStreet
lem motlow
MisterDDDD

[www.kfox.com]

Damn

OK so you're right about LZ being over.

But... there was this show a while back... and then a live album and a live video from that show...

So that's a bit curious, Plant saying "because he's not as good as his dad" when clearly he was for that week or so. What a load. Jason was AWESOME. He was so awesome that... they released a live album and video of it.

Jason did say this though, which is probably the truth:

“He told me, ‘It doesn’t matter how great you are on the drums, Jason. I love you to bits, and you play absolutely amazing. But John was the drummer in Led Zeppelin, and John was part of me and Jimmy and John Paul. We shared something very, very special.'”

[somethingelsereviews.com]

There's also the fact that that was a tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, which his widow had asked them to perform, so not just a show for the sake of a show. Jason was terrific that night (I was there), but there's a difference between that, and Jason as the fourth member of an ongoing band that continues to create new music, which seems to be the only way Plant would have entertained the idea. The difference, in other words, between Jason re-creating his dad's work, and Jason contributing with the other three to the creation of something new.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 30, 2016 03:22

treaclefingers
lem motlow
MisterDDDD

[www.kfox.com]

Damn

exactly! we all know what happened to the stones when they replaced Brian Jones!

This would be like the Stones losing Charlie,not Brian.in other words-DONE.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 2, 2016 18:11

I received an email/shipping notification two days ago that my pass for weekend one has been sent out.
Originating in Tempe Arizona, should be arriving here at home in SoCal today! thumbs up

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 2, 2016 21:31

Hairball
I received an email/shipping notification two days ago that my pass for weekend one has been sent out.
Originating in Tempe Arizona, should be arriving here at home in SoCal today! thumbs up

what about the wristband?

Can someone point me to a good site which tells all the details about these shows -- tickets and wristbands, parking, GA seated and standing (if there is such a thing) and more.

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 2, 2016 22:39

Date: September 3, 2016 23:35

lem motlow
treaclefingers
lem motlow
MisterDDDD

[www.kfox.com]

Damn

hmmm...you're right...not because of charlie, but because they are 100 years old. if they lose anyone now it's done. if charlie left at the end of the 70's, or even mid-80s maybe we'd have Cozy Powell or Zak Starkey as the drummer.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2016 01:52

treaclefingers
lem motlow
treaclefingers
lem motlow
MisterDDDD

[www.kfox.com]

Damn

hmmm...you're right...not because of charlie, but because they are 100 years old. if they lose anyone now it's done. if charlie left at the end of the 70's, or even mid-80s maybe we'd have Cozy Powell or Zak Starkey as the drummer.

Nah, I hate to think of Charlie being replaced but if he had, it would have to have been another simple but solid drummer like Kenney Jones or maybe Mick Fleetwood.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 4, 2016 02:19

Hairball

I got a notice they shipped my bus pass.......not the tickets/wristbands yet though......

Date: September 4, 2016 03:14

Woz
Hairball

I got a notice they shipped my bus pass.......not the tickets/wristbands yet though......

I'm away from home for Labor Day weekend, but according to the tracking info. the package/envelope has arrived at my home.

Email states: Shipped Items:
Qty - Product
1 - 3-Day General Admission

Not positive, but I think it will be a paper ticket and the wristbands will be given at the entrance of the venue each day.
I'll find out soon enough....

Date: September 5, 2016 10:03

Photo credit : Lawrence Colodney

Date: September 5, 2016 18:53

Wow nice - thanks for the pic Manofwealthandtaste!!! thumbs up

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 6, 2016 01:12

I have just cancelled my reservation at The Embassy Suites Hotel La Quinta for Oct.6 - 10. It is a 2 queen bed, 2 room corner suite, nonsmoking. Includes kitchen, living area, pull out couch.

For any IORRer's...

Date: September 6, 2016 03:07

mosthigh
I have just cancelled my reservation at The Embassy Suites Hotel La Quinta for Oct.6 - 10. It is a 2 queen bed, 2 room corner suite, nonsmoking. Includes kitchen, living area, pull out couch.

For any IORRer's...

how much per night?

plexi

Date: September 6, 2016 03:09

Woz
Hairball

bus pass? Is that from the parking area to the venue? And how much is that? Please explain.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home