Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 9, 2016 15:47

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo
Look, folks - either buy it or not.
Truth is, ALL of the listed content is quite readily available on Good-to-Excellent Quality DVD / CD boots - and has been for years.

The new 90 minute documentary as well?

Where is the video from those concerts available? And Paradiso 1 in good quality?

Exactly.

Wrong
The 90 min version is brand new. It is a chronological documentary, unlike the 1st version. Better picture quality, easier to watch. Not perfect though since some songs are cut with interviews, but they are available without cuts in the deluxe edition.

The 60 min had 2 songs from the 2nd Paradiso show, which have disappeared.
Otherwise, the deluxe version brings you complete uncut versions of everything that was in the original Stripped 60 min documentary.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: May 9, 2016 15:50

Doc
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo
Truth is, ALL of the listed content is quite readily available on Good-to-Excellent Quality DVD / CD boots - and has been for years.

Where is the video from those concerts available? And Paradiso 1 in good quality?

Exactly.

Wrong
The 90 min version is brand new. It is a chronological documentary, unlike the 1st version. Better picture quality, easier to watch. Not perfect though since some songs are cut with interviews, but they are available without cuts in the deluxe edition.

Otherwise, the deluxe version brings you complete uncut versions of everything that was in the original Stripped 60 min documentary.

I know that, but what did I say that was wrong - or did you perhaps refer to HamburgerToGo's post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 15:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 9, 2016 15:53

I thought you ansered "exactly" to this : "Truth is, ALL of the listed content is quite readily available on Good-to-Excellent Quality DVD / CD boots - and has been for years".

Date: May 9, 2016 16:04

Doc
I thought you ansered "exactly" to this : "Truth is, ALL of the listed content is quite readily available on Good-to-Excellent Quality DVD / CD boots - and has been for years".

Nope smiling smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:04

What will be so special about the amazon.com edition?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:14

The performances in the original Stripped were all great! The only thing that bothered me was that feeling of a lack of continuity between the concert songs and the ones done live in the studio. It just feels odd to hear "live" music without crowd noise! Maybe they should have done one disc of concert recordings and one disc of live in studio recordings...Might flow better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-09 23:18 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Date: May 11, 2016 14:19

I just got an email from jpc.de where they are refunding €0,84 for my €44,63-purchase.

I don't know why, but thanks anyway smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 11, 2016 16:49

Whale
What will be so special about the amazon.com edition?
Price? confused smiley

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 12, 2016 17:08

Has anyone already spotted some promo teasers on YouTube for example of the Stipped box ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 12, 2016 18:10

Mabru
Has anyone already spotted some promo teasers on YouTube for example of the Stipped box ?

sadly not. I am looking every day on the Stones and Eagle Rock Youtube channels. It's strange because the set will be released next week in Japan.

Date: May 12, 2016 18:43

hockenheim95
Mabru

sadly not. I am looking every day on the Stones and Eagle Rock Youtube channels. It's strange because the set will be released next week in Japan.

The trailer should be online very soon since it was supposed to be released yesterday.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 12, 2016 18:53

Will this not be issued on vinyl? confused smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 12, 2016 19:10

Sipuncula

Will this not be issued on vinyl? confused smiley

It will be issued on Vinyl:

LP: [www.jpc.de] ,

LP+DVD: [www.jpc.de] ,

Super-Deluxe-Box with LP by Ward Records: [wardrecords.com] , [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 12, 2016 19:12

Great!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 12, 2016 20:18

Let It Bleed studio clip on iTunes now!

Date: May 12, 2016 20:28

flairville

so we get the studio clips again in black and white? I think this is exactly the same clip with the same edits that was shown in the old documentary.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2016 20:50

I don't get how if you buy it on vinyl you can't get the concerts included, just the documentary.

Date: May 12, 2016 22:11

Hound Dog
I don't get how if you buy it on vinyl you can't get the concerts included, just the documentary.

that's as bad as the from the vault series. If you want to buy CD, Vinyl and Blu Ray video you have to buy two times the DVD which I don't need.

Date: May 13, 2016 22:13

hockenheim95
Hound Dog

that's as bad as the from the vault series. If you want to buy CD, Vinyl and Blu Ray video you have to buy two times the DVD which I don't need.

Not exactly : the de luxe BR for CD+4BR + the LP/DVD version makes you have everything with 1DVD only (the documentary)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2016 22:44

Doc
hockenheim95
Hound Dog

Not exactly : the de luxe BR for CD+4BR + the LP/DVD version makes you have everything with 1DVD only (the documentary)

that's exactly how I played it. but seriously, superdeluxe should have everything, including the vinyl.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 14, 2016 04:11

flairville

Yes!

[itunes.apple.com]#

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: May 14, 2016 06:08

Father Ted
exilestones
I never found a perfect quality recording of the Stripped TV special. They weren't sharp picture quality. I bought every DVD there was and downloaded it every time I could.

So, from what I read, the new Stripped documentary isn't an expanded old TV special and a lot of the material from the old special isn't in the new special. Do I have that correct?

Also, the two specials released back in 1995 (1996?), one in USA and the other elsewhere, were the same special. The USA airing was edited by VH1 TV station.

Looking at the back cover of the blu ray on Amazon, the text actually says it is an extended and re-edited version. So it looks like my Facebook group was wrong.[/[/b]quote]

So are you saying that ALL material from the old special is included on the new release?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 14, 2016 21:04

slowhand
Father Ted
[

Looking at the back cover of the blu ray on Amazon, the text actually says it is an extended and re-edited version. So it looks like my Facebook group was wrong.[/[/b]quote]

So are you saying that ALL material from the old special is included on the new release?

I have no idea but editing means it could be cut, parts could be edited in or out. It means to modify.

Date: May 14, 2016 21:12

Stripped: Keith Loves His Guitar

VIDEO: [www.youtube.com]

Date: May 14, 2016 21:14

1995 Stripped Bonus (pandoras video) Rolling Stones

VIDEO: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: May 16, 2016 13:47

Its getting closer and closer , Finally the wait will be over smiling smiley-

am going to send my neighbours on Vacation and gone Play

BRIXTON ACADEMY LOUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 16, 2016 15:05

Here's a complete tracklist incl. the documentary:

[www.bol.com]

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: May 16, 2016 17:26

Doc
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo

Exactly.

Wrong

Are you saying that some songs that were complete in the original documentary are now cut in the new 90 minute documentary? If so, which ones?

The 2 songs from the second Paradiso show that disappeared from the original 60 minute documentary will not be available in the new official release? What 2 songs are they? I think one of them is "Shine A Light" which I think was the same version included on the original Stripped CD. That would suck if true because I thought it was a great version although I haven't heard the version included on the new release. If true, I'll just have to hang on to my Jointrip DVD of the original documentary.

Date: May 17, 2016 11:19

slowhand
Doc
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo

Exactly.

Wrong

Are you saying that some songs that were complete in the original documentary are now cut in the new 90 minute documentary? If so, which ones?

The 2 songs from the second Paradiso show that disappeared from the original 60 minute documentary will not be available in the new official release? What 2 songs are they? I think one of them is "Shine A Light" which I think was the same version included on the original Stripped CD. That would suck if true because I thought it was a great version although I haven't heard the version included on the new release. If true, I'll just have to hang on to my Jointrip DVD of the original documentary.

Dead Flowers and SAL from the 2nd Paradiso are NOT in the new documentary, which features ZERO content from the 2nd Paradiso gig.
SAL is now from Paris and Dead Flowers from the 1st Paradiso

The songs that are cut or incomplete in the new documentary are all available on the original or new CD
On video, the shows on which the new documentary is based are available without cut as complete performances in the deluxe editions.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 17, 2016 11:37

Doc
slowhand
Doc
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo

Exactly.

Wrong

Dead Flowers and SAL from the 2nd Paradiso are NOT in the new documentary, which features ZERO content from the 2nd Paradiso gig.
SAL is now from Paris and Dead Flowers from the 1st Paradiso

The songs that are cut or incomplete in the new documentary are all available on the original or new CD
On video, the shows on which the new documentary is based are available without cut as complete performances in the deluxe editions.
Taking into account that EU Deluxes (based either on DVD or Blueray) roughly double the price of a simple DVD+CD (EUR 45 vs EUR 18) I find those cuts/incompletes are not a big deal. The question is - where and for what reason they hide the 2nd Paradiso show?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home