Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132Next
Current Page: 28 of 32
Re: Havana Cuba 25-Mar-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 03:26

a bigger nut
My photo time stamp 13:57.
Blurred as I was rushing too.

Great photo! That reminds me of the mad Rush into GA at Hyde Park 2013 when the gates opened for that. I was at both shows. Anyone who was there will know how chaotic it was. I doubt the crowd control in Havana would have been much worse than it was back then!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 28, 2016 03:45

sarahunwin
with sssoul
Beast
Worth a read for an idea of the vibes during the show:
Pleased to meet you: Rolling Stones treat Cuba to spectacular and historic gig
[gu.com]

Thank you, Beast! "Wood and Richards took it in turns to have what looked very much like
mutually gratifying guitar sex with the audience." Ahh don't you just love it when they do that!

Good article. And I love the Rolling Stones

Thanks Beast - can't wait for more of that guitar sex!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! Great read!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 28, 2016 04:58

I hope all the travelers have made it home by now, this tour has been remarkable for me to follow thru this board.
As for Cuba, hallelujah all went safe and well, I'm not watching the clips, waiting for the DVD (soon I hope!)
I'm a person w/ seldom large crowd contact, so I marvel at the stories, and respect the honed skills required/ gained by experience, with GA attendance.
Personally, I need my space from strangers. For the RS I can/could endure, but that $1,200 chair on the floor grants me another inch or two from a neighbor. :-)

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 28, 2016 05:01

bv
Everybody in Havana want my T-shirt! They gave out some fifty T-shirts to fans at the show last night, and I got one, right on the B-stage. Half a million people in the crowd. I was lucky! Nothing on sale at the venue, nothing! It was a fantastic show!

I can't publish to iorr.org tour16 pages now, but I have managed to publish some of my pictures and my report here:

[stoneslife.org]

I will do proper publishing when I am back home with high speed Internet in a day or so, i.e. by Monday. Meanwhile I will enjoy the slow pace and great hospitality of Havana in my new T-shirt...

What a great night... I must have been just behind you bv, on Keith's side. I just arrived back home in Cornwall and can't sleep yet, so many memories. Cuba and it's people got what they wanted, what they need, from the Stones. The owner of my Casa was in tears from start to finish, and I've never felt goose-bumps like it in my life at the start of Satisfaction, every hair standing on end. The crowd just went mental. The guys looked nervous at the start, hardly surprising. It just got better and better. Estimates of the crowd ? Who cares, every Cuban with a rock n roll heart was there, that's what matters. So glad to see Wendy, Gilles, Matt, everyone else at the Inglaterre, hope to see you all again very soon. God bless us all, we're so fortunate and I appreciate how lucky we are. Cuba is waking up, their time will come.
Cheers,
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 28, 2016 05:24

Cool pictures and stories

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-29 03:31 by jambay.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 28, 2016 06:25

BV, was the shirt was a gift from the crew? Congratulations!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2016 06:55

BV, was the shirt was a gift from the crew? Congratulations!!!

BV explains -- Check page 25 of this thread -- [www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:40

with sssoul
Beast
[gu.com]

Thank you, Beast! "Wood and Richards took it in turns to have what looked very much like
mutually gratifying guitar sex with the audience." Ahh don't you just love it when they do that!

Good article. And I love the Rolling Stones

"...shortly before the start an overdiligent security guard briefly denied entry to Gregory Elias – the businessman who bankrolled the concert – because he did not have a backstage wristband." !!

“'How much better could it get? Only if the Beatles were able get together and come, but that’s impossible,' she said." BAH! winking smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 28, 2016 10:03

Got to the venue at 10 am. There were already hundreds of people waiting at various gates. About 80% of them where foreigners from Canada, Holland, Germany, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Austria, Uruguay, UK and many other countries. Gates had been created by removing parts of the high metal fence that surrounded the sports complex, leaving the foundation and a wall about 1 ft. high (see first pic). That turned out to be a dangerous obstacle as it could not be noticed, when people where pushing in.

The gates were supposed to be open at 2 pm. A few minutes before that there was lots of shouting and everybody moved forward storming the gate stumbling over the wall and the fallen over barriers that had been placed loosely behind the opened fence. Didn't see any event staff around and there was no security check whatsoever. When I got over all this I saw that there where hundreds of people running across the field already from the other gates so the mayhem at those must have started moments earlier. So there was no point in aiming for first row any more and I headed to the B-stage or what is the end of the catwalk. Before that I had to pass the barrier for the so called golden circle. Hundreds were inside that area already when a policeman tried to close it (Ronnie's side) by pressing a barrier against the opened part of the circle. He was pushed aside and suddenly a woman and I found ourselves squeezed in between 2 barriers. Dragged myself out there and almost lost my shoe. At the same time others were just climbing over the golden circle fencing. Everything was calm a few minutes later once all the early queuers had gotten inside the venue.

There were no merchandise stands. A few boxes full of t-shirts were given away for free. They were just tossed into the audience. Next to me was a young Cuban who caught two. He sold me one smiling smiley

Free T-shirt the wrong way around. Doesn't matter.

We had inspected the venue the day before the show and wandered about the lack of toilets. Nothing had changed on show day. There where 4 toilets on Ronnie's side and these 2 on Keith's side. That was it!

Early casualty, collapsed right next to me. He was fit half an hour later and was able enjoy the show.

Brad from Canada and Reinhard from Austria.

Markus with souvenir setlist and happy after a historic show.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 28, 2016 10:31

Great photos, latvianinexile!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 28, 2016 10:40

Those shots of Mick & Keith together are especially fabulous!

Many thanks to all who attended for the reports and photos smileys with beer

Date: March 28, 2016 12:29

Outstanding photos Latvianexile! Love the celebratory, happy smiles from all the band. You really captured the on stage atmosphere. What a way to end the Ole tour.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: March 28, 2016 12:38

Great photos Latvianexile. I like especially the one of the whole band with Mick and Keith holding each other and Ronnie looking up while Charlie is smiling. Great shot!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 28, 2016 13:13

Beautiful stuff, Lativan! BiggerNut, your photos are wonderful too. Thank you both for sharing

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 28, 2016 14:16

latvianinexile
A few boxes full of t-shirts were given away for free.
They were just tossed into the audience.

All those Stones fans from abroad get in for free and yell for a
free shirt...embarrassing.

latvianinexile
Next to me was a young Cuban who caught two.
He sold me one
A smart captitalist move by him. I hope he let you bleed.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 28, 2016 15:29

Cool stories and pictures

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-29 03:31 by jambay.

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: March 28, 2016 15:35

Beast

[gu.com]

Great article/pictures
Merci!

cool smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:15

LatvianinExile, I knew your photos would be excellent and they truly are. You tell the story of the day very well with those queueing and crowd shots and your narrative. The Dutch group in your photos, including The far travelled Jan, made it to the front row. The security and crowd control sound positively frightening and an accident could clearly have happened. Not a surprise as the Cubans will have had no previous experience of hosting such an event.

Provided the stage is low enough, The end of the catwalk is usually an excellent spot for viewing and taking photos. I was there for Oslo 2 years ago and found it to be the perfect spot to take in the whole event.

Very well done again snd hope there are more shows somewhere later in the year. Did you do the whole tour this time?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 28, 2016 17:19

Thanks for all the great pics and articles everyone. smileys with beer

Found a few more videos taken by fans , as opposed to news stuff which has also been very good from all over the world.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:33

Great clips, Crawdaddy! The much derided Miss You is sounding very nice but then so is everything else. Pity Start Me Up and Rambler don't seem to have surfaced yet.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: March 28, 2016 19:22

Charlie took the time to jam with music students from the University of Miami:
[news.miami.edu]

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: March 28, 2016 19:24

P.S. What kind of guitar is Keith playing in the photos above - is that a Les Paul Jr. in tv yellow?! Nice!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 28, 2016 19:41

latvianinexile, great pics, fantastic, and informative post on what all happened.
Thanks so much!

Glad you got a shirt there too, even if it cost ya. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 28, 2016 19:55

Claire_M
P.S. What kind of guitar is Keith playing in the photos above - is that a Les Paul Jr. in tv yellow?! Nice!

He's using that one a lot lately, which is more than fine with me!
The Ratbag Boogie index has a thread about Keith's juniors where you can read all about it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:36

Fantastic pictures as always, Latvianinexile! I don't think I've seen Mick look so genuinely happy on stage in a long time.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:44

Amazing photos as always, latvian. Thanks for sharing.

Here's the official video from Havana (sorry if it was already posted):

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: March 28, 2016 21:07

Fantastic pictures, Latvianinexile!

Posted by: Kerry ()
Date: March 28, 2016 21:19

Does anyone know more details about the green telecaster Keith is playing for JJF now? I've searched around but can't find any info on it.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:00

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:42

smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132Next
Current Page: 28 of 32

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1965