Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 32
Re: Havana Cuba 25-Mar-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 26, 2016 11:27

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 11:31 by Lien.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 26, 2016 11:34

TooTough
MAF
Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

Nice to see Argentinians fans everywhere!

Hey Jan, 1st row as usual? Hope you got a great time in Cuba!!!

Sorry, but people who have seen the Stones 150 times shouldn´t take the
place in the front row that was meant for a Cuban - who has never seen the Stones.

There were at least 100,000 Cubans there who haven't seen the Stones, and they all had an equal chance with Jan of getting into the front row. How many deserving Cubans should Jan allow to push in front of him before he is allowed to enjoy the show?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 26, 2016 11:55

Green Lady
TooTough
MAF
Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

place in the front row that was meant for a Cuban - who has never seen the Stones.

There were at least 100,000 Cubans there who haven't seen the Stones, and they all had an equal chance with Jan of getting into the front row. How many deserving Cubans should Jan allow to push in front of him before he is allowed to enjoy the show?

Right behind the 100.000 Cubans.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2016 12:44

Lets face it. Was fairly predictable that not much in the way of periscope and live updates were gonna come through.

That was one of loads of reasons I wanted to try and get there, but it didn't work out.
Went to sleep on couch before the gig had started and woke up towards end of gig. Not a great deal had come through by then.

We have been spoilt with everything that was on offer in the last few tours, but this is Cuba and if unlimited broadband etc . is not there , nothing you can do about it.

Now the tour has finished,looking forward to hopefully a video of South America gigs and probably a documentary about the Cuba show.

Videos slowly appearing now of the historic day in Havana, including one featuring a German fan some of us might know. winking smiley

[youtu.be]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 26, 2016 12:53

TooTough
Right behind the 100.000 Cubans.

Agree - can't think of any reason someone other than an enthused Cuban first-timer should have been in the front rows at that show.

On another note, someone back several pages (waterrats?) was asking about the teal green Tele;
Keith's been using it quite a lot on the 2015-16 tours.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 26, 2016 12:54

From my friend in Cuba:

CL
hey Chris,
i heard a rumor that the show was live on the radio.
is there already a soundboard bootleg of the show?
i recorded it and i think it came out pretty good.
i tried to upload it but internet very poor here.
but I will if it's needed and not already circulating because it was on radio.
CL

Sent from my iPhone

Answered him and as soon as I have it, I'll post it in the "Hot Stuff" section of the board.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 12:58

TooTough
MAF
Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

I totally agree with that, I was ready to write something about that before Seeing your message. And it's not just about the Stones, they never watch another band too. Shame on them. As we say here "Après moi le déluge".

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:04

OK, I am clearly out of tune here. I will shut my big mouth.

Date: March 26, 2016 13:07

MileHigh
It makes my heart sing to see the Cuban fans deliriously happy.

- 1975 by Neal Preston

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:29

Haha, look at the shirt that guy with the beard in the picture above is wearing. Looks like we have a badass over here smoking smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:40

Green Lady
OK, I am clearly out of tune here. I will shut my big mouth.

You are as entitled to your opinion as anyone else. I would be surprised if the number of overseas fans who waited for hours for the gates to open was even enough to fill the front row.

Date: March 26, 2016 13:45

Locals should always have the opportunity to be in first row, especially in places where concerts are rare.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:48

ouroux58
TooTough
MAF
Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

I totally agree with that, I was ready to write something about that before Seeing your message. And it's not just about the Stones, they never watch another band too. Shame on them. As we say here "Après moi le déluge".

the skinhead geezer at the far left of pic tickles me...he bes like "check this out you periscope losers"

Rolling Stones - Havana Cuba, March 25 2016
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:50

Thank you Cuba for an incredible, unforgettable show! It was wonderful to see all of you! Photos D Hogan
#StonesCuba

[twitter.com]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 26, 2016 13:56

Koen
Locals should always have the opportunity to be in first row, especially in places where concerts are rare.

Of course. If the front row was reserved for foreigners that would be awful but it wasn't. The space went to whoever was prepared to wait longest as far as I know.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:04

Koen

They do get the chance - at every show. If they queue up early enough and are lucky, they can make it. If that'so the case, they might as well make local and foreign fans stand in separate queues and not let in any foreigners until all the locals are all inside. And if they did that, few foreign fans would travel, hugely reducing the crowd. At a guess, a large percentage of any Stones audience is foreign. I've made front row once in my life and that was in Norway 2 years ago and not even in the Golden Circle (I'm Scottish/British). Alongside me were 2 Swedes and a Mexican. Entry to Hyde Park was a chaotic shambles at both shows and I only made 5th or 6th row at both despite camping out early for both. I saw Jan at HP1 at about 8am and no doubt he got s brilliant spot. it's a fine art but lots of luck involved too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 14:13 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:07

ive stood at the front row before and it aint all its cracked up to be...cant see the full spectacle of the show properly....speakers to loud and not balanced sound....cant see the band all the time...
a little way back behind short people preferably is better.
looking up at a steep angle ruined sheffield for me.
cant believe theres an argument goin on about this.
does it mean BV should have stood at the back too?
dog

Rolling Stones - Havana Cuba, March 25 2016
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:09

Date: March 26, 2016 14:10

Date: March 26, 2016 14:12

They do get the chance - at every show.

Sorry: What "every show" do you mean, in Cuba?
The locals last night have not had a lot of opportunities to learn the tactics for getting primo spots, have they.
Thanks and praises to all the experienced concertgoers who know when to stand back and give the rail
to thrilled first-timers - that's a wonderful virtue that makes the show (and the world) more beautiful.

I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 14:44 by with sssoul.

Date: March 26, 2016 14:21

crawdaddy

That's s fantastic pic Tony so thanks for hunting it down and sharing. I recognised a few faces in that video you posted up shortly ago. A few German and Dutch amongst them. I thought I saw Uli in there too? Let's just hope we get another chance to see them in Europe/the UK before they pack it in. Knebworth 40th anniversary in August has to be a good bet.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:22

Interresting news bit here, found in german newspaper "Die Zeit":

"Facing that huge crowd, mobile connections broke down on the whole area - and cabins had to serve as toilets, placed above drainage ditches."

That would be 'thunderboxes', right? Or how do you translate the german "Donnerbalken"? grinning smiley

German Original:

Der Handyempfang auf dem vollen Konzertgelände brach angesichts der Menschenmenge zusammen, und als Toiletten dienten Kabinen, die über Abflussgräben aufgestellt wurden.

Date: March 26, 2016 14:23

Thanks with sssoul, you expressed it way better than I can.

Date: March 26, 2016 14:24

DoughboyUK
ive stood at the front row before and it aint all its cracked up to be...cant see the full spectacle of the show properly....speakers to loud and not balanced sound....cant see the band all the time...
dog

Too many people in the world, and on this thread telling people what they should do, or not do.

If you wanna get right up front and you put the time and effort in, go for it.

It's all about good manners as well .If you are fairly tall and get to the rail and short people are immediately behind you, try to make a space for them or get them in front of you. BV has done this himself many times I'm sure.

I'm with you there DoughboyU.K. in getting behind people shorter than you wherever you choose to stand . Always seems to be quite a lot of giants who manage to get up front areas.
Because I'm only about same size as Stones , been to gigs where they have pushed me up front a few times. Fans can be great ,specially in South America I found.
I agree with your thoughts about BV as well. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 14:33 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:26

The free concert was for the "Cuban people" (see RS.com).
The words Mick said "in former times it was difficult
to hear the Stones here" and "but now we are here to play for you"
and "times are changing" were directed to the Cubans only, who sometimes
just earn $20 - a month.

The whole meaning of the evening wasn´t for us capitalist Europeans
(including me), Americans and Asians, easily buying flights and hotel
for a few hundred $$$€€€ for their umpteenth show.

Date: March 26, 2016 14:32

grzegorz67
Koen

They do get the chance - at every show. If they queue up early enough and are lucky, they can make it.

Not everyone has that luxury, and just has to work all day.

Re: Rolling Stones - Havana Cuba, March 25 2016
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:43

bye bye johnny

[www.rollingstones.com]

Great picture of them!

Date: March 26, 2016 14:52

What happened to Keith? grinning smiley

Date: March 26, 2016 15:03

crawdaddy
DoughboyUK
dog

Too many people in the world, and on this thread telling people what they should do, or not do.

If you wanna get right up front and you put the time and effort in, go for it.

It's all about good manners as well .If you are fairly tall and get to the rail and short people are immediately behind you, try to make a space for them or get them in front of you. BV has done this himself many times I'm sure.

I'm with you there DoughboyU.K. in getting behind people shorter than you wherever you choose to stand . Always seems to be quite a lot of giants who manage to get up front areas.
Because I'm only about same size as Stones , been to gigs where they have pushed me up front a few times. Fans can be great ,specially in South America I found.
I agree with your thoughts about BV as well. smileys with beer

Yep, you can add me to the list. You plan to attend a non seated event, a concert, a sports fixture or anything else. To secure the best spot you can, you put in the effort to wait up from as early as possible, and when the gates open to the venue, you run like hell. It's not rocket science. Use discretion and common decency obviously - if you have a much shorter person behind you, swap places with them. When the stage is high, as it often is, front row is not the best. I made golden circle at a U2 gig in Cardiff a few years back got what I thought was a great spot, only to be stuck behind 2 guys well over 6 feet tall... sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 15:27 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: March 26, 2016 15:03

Koen
What happened to Keith? grinning smiley

he is happy!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 32

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50