Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: Buenos Aires show-3 La Plata 13-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2016 22:56

Some people - very few - complain about set lists. Most of them, if not all, never went to the show. They are sitting at home being bored. They want attention. Just ignore them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 15, 2016 23:22

bv
Some people - very few - complain about set lists. Most of them, if not all, never went to the show. They are sitting at home being bored. They want attention. Just ignore them.

Agree! Can't understand how people can sit hundreds or thousands miles away from a show, whining about the setlist. Show after show...
Is it that boring to just read the setlists?

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 23:36

Just make set list whining a ban-hammer offense.
Isn't it about time for another mass banning anyway?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 16, 2016 02:43

I never complain of set lists. I like whatever they serve up and wouldn't second guess a list from an armchair at home. I am often at the shows, enjoying whatever they play.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 16, 2016 03:03

everwest1

Alright, let's hang 'em high! People who dare to articulate a single critical word about the Stones simply lost their right to live. Hang 'em high! Show the world what it means to criticize the Stones! With all the critics and whiners gone a peaceful easy feeling sets in and the world will be a better place. So hang 'em high! And those who stay alive will have more time to celebrate the shows, from Start Me Up to Satisfaction - or is it Flash to Satisfaction? Regardless - CELEBRATE! Raise your arms, dance and yell! And for the rest - HANG 'EM HIGH!

Seriously, folks...

Date: February 16, 2016 03:06

alimente
everwest1

Alright, let's hang 'em high! People who dare to articulate a single critical word about the Stones simply lost their right to live. Hang 'em high! Show the world what it means to criticize the Stones! With all the critics and whiners gone a peaceful easy feeling sets in and the world will be a better place. So hang 'em high! And those who stay alive will have more time to celebrate the shows, from Start Me Up to Satisfaction - or is it Flash to Satisfaction? Regardless - CELEBRATE! Raise your arms, dance and yell! And for the rest - HANG 'EM HIGH!

Seriously, folks...

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: February 16, 2016 03:12

bv

thumbs up cool smiley

Date: February 16, 2016 03:34

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 16, 2016 04:06

Big Al
The shorter set-lists are probably down to the fact they're not so sprightly anymore. It takes them a little longer to refresh after each song-performance. The shows' are still around the two-hour mark, so that's all I can conclude.

At the start of a tour, the setlists over the past 20 years have had 22-23 songs and as we get towards the end, 19 songs. When the Stones returned to touring at the end of 2012, the setlists had 22 songs. We're now down to 18, which may indicate they're ready for a break longer than six months. Or maybe not.

Bridges to Babylon started off with 24 songs in September, 1997. They were down to 19 an year later. They were back a few months later with No Security and 21 songs.

Licks stadiums had 23, ending with 19, the arenas 22, ending with 19. A Bigger Bang started with 22 songs and ended with 19. Voodoo Lounge started with 27, ended with 23. The 1981-82 tour had 26 and ended with 24. Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle had 28 at the start and 23 at the end.

It's their pattern to drop 3 to 5 songs over a tour and not replace them, spriteness doesn't appear to be a major factor in shortening the setlist.

I reserve the right to complain about my lovable Stones' setlists, they have the right to hear my feedback. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 04:14 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: February 16, 2016 07:12

GlimmerGirl24
I reserve the right to complain about my lovable Stones' setlists, they have the right to hear my feedback. smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 16, 2016 07:26

Thank you, everwest1, for all the video posts - looking forward to watching them smiling smiley

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 16, 2016 12:03

I think it's interesting to have a discussion of the setlists. To see what songs the Stones play at a show is one of the reasons of why I stay up every night watching them on Periscope, since I'm not going to the shows in South America, but of course the main reason is that I love the band and watching them play. I'm not being bored watching the shows, I don't want attention. But I think it's wrong to not have the right to discuss or have views of the songs they play.

Date: February 16, 2016 12:05

Plink
Thank you, everwest1, for all the video posts - looking forward to watching them smiling smiley
My pleasure cool smiley Just wish I could be there and be set up to do my part periscoping shows.

Brown Sugar [www.youtube.com]

Midnight Rambler coming at 15 minutes [www.youtube.com]

Miss You (Mick loving that crowd at the start) [www.youtube.com]

@6:30 skip to 6:30 as the guys skip out to the center stage for some lurve during Mitt You

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 12:17 by everwest1.

Date: February 16, 2016 12:32

MacLaurens
I think it's interesting to have a discussion of the setlists. To see what songs the Stones play at a show is one of the reasons of why I stay up every night watching them on Periscope, since I'm not going to the shows in South America, but of course the main reason is that I love the band and watching them play. I'm not being bored watching the shows, I don't want attention. But I think it's wrong to not have the right to discuss or have views of the songs they play.

We've been discussing the setlists here since 1997. And we will in the future smiling smiley

But when someone says a setlist is shitty, anyone has the same right to say it's not. It's a two-way street.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 16, 2016 13:21

DandelionPowderman
MacLaurens

We've been discussing the setlists here since 1997. And we will in the future smiling smiley

But when someone says a setlist is shitty, anyone has the same right to say it's not. It's a two-way street.

Yes, of course smiling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 16, 2016 14:05

DandelionPowderman
MacLaurens

Of course. Disagreeing and explaining why you think they are wrong is what this is supposed to be about. Telling people who disagree to shut up, calling them whiners, calling for them to be banned (none of this applies to you) is not, it is simply juvenile.

Date: February 16, 2016 14:22

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
MacLaurens

Of course. Disagreeing and explaining why you think they are wrong is what this is supposed to be about. Telling people who disagree to shut up, calling them whiners, calling for them to be banned (none of this applies to you) is not, it is simply juvenile.

Nobody's doing that. Nobody are saying «shut up».

If people who are enjoying the shows are sick of setlist whining, they should be allowed to say so – just like you should be allowed to complain about the setlists, imo.

It's BS that people aren't allowed to criticise the Stones here. People have been doing that for 19 years.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2016 15:02

bv
Some people - very few - complain about set lists. Most of them, if not all, never went to the show.

Agreed! They play in some countries for the very first time so they're compelled to play the hits.
What should they play in Montevideo? "That's How Strong My Love Is"? "Sway"?
C'mon... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 15:55 by dcba.

Date: February 16, 2016 15:11

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
MacLaurens

If people who are enjoying the shows are sick of setlist whining, they should be allowed to say so – just like you should be allowed to complain about the setlists, imo.

It's BS that people aren't allowed to criticise the Stones here. People have been doing that for 19 years.

Nobody? Really?

Date: February 15, 2016 22:36

Date: February 16, 2016 15:15

alimente
DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
MacLaurens

Nobody? Really?

Date: February 15, 2016 22:36

poor alimente, doesnt post here for 5 weeks but shows up for this... it is too funny. grinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2016 15:22

The so called "set list whiners" and so called "cheer leaders" have been going at it online since the B2B tour on the old fashioned scrolling bulletin boards called "Back Stage" and "Voodoo Lounge" or something like that... back in 1994-95.

so lol, I don't think anyone is going to take away the set list whiners right to whine... but saying it sure makes them jumpy, it is kind of funny.cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 15:24 by everwest1.

Date: February 16, 2016 15:38

everwest1
The so called "set list whiners" and so called "cheer leaders" have been going at it online since the B2B tour on the old fashioned scrolling bulletin boards called "Back Stage" and "Voodoo Lounge" or something like that... back in 1994-95.

so lol, I don't think anyone is going to take away the set list whiners right to whine... but saying it sure makes them jumpy, it is kind of funny.cool smiley

Beware of people how call themselves funny...

Date: February 16, 2016 15:40

What we need to understand here is that people are enjoying the tour of their favourite band. Some are ecstatic and are following every show on Periscope. Others attend the show and want to share their experiences.

Then, there will always be some people complaining about the quality of the shows the others fans are enjoying, the length of the setlist, the bad setlists etc. etc. It's been like that since 1997 here.

In reality, the critics are spoiling people's fun. And that will of course cause immediate reactions, be they good or bad / wise or unwise.

The complaining is, after all, something that has a negative effect on the happy fans. That doesn't mean that people shouldn't be allowed to criticise, be unhappy or address things they are unhappy about regarding the Stones.

Spoiling people's fun is indeed different than replying back at those who do that, though. In spite of that, criticism should be allowed, of course. But both sides should be able to take a counter-argument on it, imo.

Playing the victim by saying that criticism isn't allowed here is nothing but ridiculous. It's unfair and stupid. The fact that lots of people won't agree with you doesn't mean that you're not allowed to state your negative opinion. On a fan board, in a fan thread about our favourite band's show, one can't expect to be group-hugged by saying that what the others enjoy very much in fact stinks.

And I don't know why people are addressing that to me again and again. Even in this very thread you'll find me criticising the Stones – as well as saying favourable things about them – and that's how it should be, imo.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 16, 2016 15:46

Very well said, DP. thumbs up

Date: February 16, 2016 16:10

It would be a sad world without Mr. Powderman explaining the basic essentials of man's wisdom...
However, unfair, ridiculous and stupid as I am (at least that's what you call me) I'd like to point out that your statement "in reality, the critics are spoiling people's fun" along with "the complaining is ... something that has a negative effect on the happy fans" is, at face value, a shameless message to tell critical people to piss off here, quite along the lines of that "mass banning"-request by "funny by self-proclamation" everwest1.
You may have noticed that I did not complain about their setlists for years now as I have come to terms with the fact that the adventurous days of this band are long gone - there won't be a Licks tour again, and I won't even mention their studio output.

Date: February 16, 2016 16:10

Very well said, DPM thumbs up

grinning smiley Its only ROCK AND ROLL, but I like it.

Confession- There was a time I was set list whiner. I used to try and predict what would be played at the show etc etc and I mentally demanded this song and that song and the other song and more variety.... and after the show when it didn't happen or they didn't play that one song which they had played for that other city it sucked!!! PLUS!!!! Why dont they mix it up!!! they have so many songs!!!

But ya know what? Being like that is pissing into the wind. It is no fun (unless one enjoys having wet pants leg)

The Stones are going to do what they are going to do and I can either go or not... and if I am going to go I might as well be happy and facts be know they do play a bunch of great songs, and it is not like I was going to every show... so what the heck... I dropped the set list whiner routine like a backpack full of rocks.

I moved on and I could not care less what songs they play.... hell in the middle of most songs played live they all sound the same anyway... they sound like that glorious raggedy duo of guitars with Charlie on drums.... and it is live Stones.... and that worked well for me for 20+ years.

I know that story wont alter one bit what the pouty boys will do or how they will feel or anything, I know they will still whine. I am not ever trying to change them, I dont care. I am simply confessing that I used to be a set list whiner too and I understand... but it was not a good way for me to enjoy my Stones... so I switched.

I am just happy they are still rolling and I dont care which Stones songs they play live.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 16, 2016 16:13

yes, it is well said DP

criticism is a very good feedback Glimmergirl24 indeed and I believe there's or should be plenty of room in this forum for that

what it is hard to understand to me is the need to repeat and repeat endelessly the same complaints. It is easy and clear what a Stones setlist is now and it has been so since... There are people whose love for the band has not been deminished by this fact and it is not surprising to find them in a fan forum cheering

More surprising is, not critical feedback that it seems to me is a good food for thought, but constant and repeated expression of dislike for a band in a fan forum.

That is: I dont go posting in a Coldplay fan forum.. it wont be "critical feedback" on my part

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 16, 2016 16:14

Sorry if already posted,but here is Andreeas video of that great day for Stones fans in Argentina. >grinning smiley<
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 16, 2016 16:21

alimente
It would be a sad world without Mr. Powderman explaining the basic essentials of man's wisdom...
However, unfair, ridiculous and stupid as I am (at least that's what you call me) I'd like to point out that your statement "in reality, the critics are spoiling people's fun" along with "the complaining is ... something that has a negative effect on the happy fans" is, at face value, a shameless message to tell critical people to piss off here, quite along the lines of that "mass banning"-request by "funny by self-proclamation" everwest1.
You may have noticed that I did not complain about their setlists for years now as I have come to terms with the fact that the adventurous days of this band are long gone - there won't be a Licks tour again, and I won't even mention their studio output.

Agree with you. The message here seems to be "of course everyone is entitled to have an opinion - as long as it is positive". Well over 90 % of the posts in this thread are positive, but obviously that isn´t enough. Consensus rules.

Date: February 16, 2016 16:23

alimente

And my GENERAL argument (expressed as MY OPINION, not «man's wisdom» smiling smiley ) was not pointed at you specifically. Not in any way would I want a good, long-time poster like yourself to piss off. I think you know that very well, too. Although we sometimes have disagreed, we have always had good discussions during our time here, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 16:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home