Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 21
Re: OT: Paris terror attacks
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 14, 2015 15:35

leteyer
This assasins will not beat us, we will go on and continue to love our city even more, we will take care of each other and we will teach this idiots what tolerance and respect means, respect for life and respect for thoughts.

Oui!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 14, 2015 15:40

Braincapers, an event of this proportion (and it's certainly not the first one) has nothing to do with cultural relativism or "who hates whom". It's first and all a matter of state security.
France has declared a state of emergency and has closed its borders. This is a very grave situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 15:41 by Stoneage.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 14, 2015 15:50

leteyer
i was talking this morning with a Ukranian friend this morning about how sad this situation is and I told her I had an appointment with my doctor at 8 o'clock and that I was afraid about going out, but not afraid of dying or being killed or whatever, i was afraid of crossing people with heavy hearts and without hope, I was afraid of seeing my neighbours and friends feeling beaten, feeling lost.

This assasins will not beat us, we will go on and continue to love our city even more, we will take care of each other and we will teach this idiots what tolerance and respect means, respect for life and respect for thoughts.

There is always a silver lining.

Peace and Love

Beautiful, leyeter. You are right, there is always a silver lining. Living in the Washington DC area, we had our share of fear and sadness after the 9/11 attack. Everyone looked out for each other in the days and weeks afterwards as the people of Paris are doing now. My heart goes out to your shattered city this morning.

Bjornulf, Thank you for leaving this thread open. There are times when events transcend politics.

Date: November 14, 2015 16:05

I don't understand this naivety. You can't teach ISIL what "tolerance and respect means, respect for life and respect for thoughts". They do not care about that. They don't care about democracy either.
This was an act of war and should of course be treated as such. It's, as I said earlier, a matter of state security.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 14, 2015 16:14

Stoneage
I don't understand this naivety. You can't teach ISIL what "tolerance and respect means, respect for life and respect for thoughts". They do not care about that. They don't care about democracy either.
This was an act of war and should of course be treated as such. It's, as I said earlier, a matter of state security.

Stoneage, your directing your opinion towards Leteyer's remarks is misguided. He is simply calling for courage in the face of this act of terror. You are taking his words to mean that he doesn't support a military reaction. You can't assume that at all.

Date: November 14, 2015 16:24

You're right, Bloomer. I'm sorry for that. It was not my intention.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 16:26

Pianist plays Imagine near the Bataclan

Imagine

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: November 14, 2015 16:45

Much love to our brothers and sisters in France. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 16:46

Thanks AC/DC guys for our country, the victims, the fans and our work (www.h2ac-dc.com)

Black friday. Terrible. sad smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 17:06 by powerage78.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 14, 2015 16:55

There's so many things I'd like to say here about this terrorist attack of Paris, 11/13/15 (keeping in mind the horrific bombings in Lebanon only one day earlier).

But instead at this time I'll simply offer my prayers to the people in Paris where this occurred.

- nightskyman

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:08

latebloomer
Stoneage

Stoneage, your directing your opinion towards Leteyer's remarks is misguided. He is simply calling for courage in the face of this act of terror. You are taking his words to mean that he doesn't support a military reaction. You can't assume that at all.

Both. Courage in the face of terror and ruthless pursuit and destruction of the barbarians as promised by M. Hollande. The history of France testifies to its survival of horrors, from the ancient religious wars to the nazi occupation. France will prevail over this as well.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:26

Stoneage

That is exactly what they want and just as naive.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:35

Koen
Stoneage

Agreed. They want people to fight back and cause more senseless deaths. Hell, I read they WANTED the police to raid them just so they could kill even some of the police. Its sick careless violence, and there's no reason to give into that.

Re: Too Much Blood in Paris: Heavy shootings, more than 40 people killed ...
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:43

Rokyfan
kovach
Rokyfan
kovach
Nate
geordiestone
Bad title. Praying for everyone in Paris.

We can hope that no more people get hurt but praying won't achieve anything,it is religion that is a major factor in the cause of these horrific and deluded acts.

Nate

Here we go again, it's everyone who's religious at fault.

That is a long was from saying that everyone that is religious is at fault, even though every religion has or had had in history fanatics who take it too seriously to the point of wantonly killng nonbelievers.

That is the difference between religion and ideology which most have progressed beyond.

No you are wrong again. His original point -- that it is the very concept of religion, the very idea that one group knows what or who god is or what is the sole path to salvation that is at fault -- is evidently correct. ALL religions have that as their basis and all have used it as an excuse for mass murder.

Again, "have used" hundreds of years ago and "still do" are the difference between progressing and regressing.

Who doesn't agree with their own opinions? Most of us here think the Rolling Stones are the worlds greatest rock and roll band. Does that make us bad? We probably even try to influence our friends...in a non-violent manner. smiling smiley

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:45

Horrifying.

So sad. Love and prayers to all the families and friends affected by this terrible tragedy.

Re: hostages taken at eagles of death meatl show in paris
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:45

The Worst.
ohmercy61
Anyone know the American band that's playing there?

Yes, it's Eagles of Death Metal - a great rock and roll band that does not play death metal. They are HUGE fans of The Rolling Stones. All guitars are tuned in open G and they play Brown Sugar at almost every gig.

Yeah, I think their name is sort of a sarcastic statement as they don't sound like the Eagles or death metal. I've seen them on some festivals on TV and quite liked them, just a good hard rock band that look like they have a blast on stage.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: November 14, 2015 18:17

Bush / Cheney's fault. Leave the Arabs alone. Stop dropping bombs. Stop the hate! It's our own fault. Stop the war mongering!!

Posted by: mulecrowe ()
Date: November 14, 2015 18:29

Beyond comprehension.
Love and peace to all.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 14, 2015 18:37

mulecrowe
Beyond comprehension.
Love and peace to all.

Wrong. Not Peace to all.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 14, 2015 18:50

mulecrowe
Beyond comprehension.
Love and peace to all.

It's simple, they believe they are acting out of righteous indignation, in the name of God.
They liken 'the West' in general to an entity that christians will be familiar with - Sodom and Gomorrah - full of corruption and sin of the flesh.

Personall, I think God (for want of a better word to describe an infinite, dynamic, thoughtful energy) is blind to religion whether it be, christian , jew, muslim or atheist or whatever (fundamentalist or otherwise) and only responds to sincerity.........(bearing in mind that sometimes the answer to "Can I have?" or "Please will you do?" will be "No"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 19:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 14, 2015 19:36

Koen
Stoneage

I certainly don't have the answers but if we haven't learned anything from Iraq and Libya it seems we may be doomed to repeat the same mistakes. From my observations you can't effectively fight terrorism with full scale war, intervention and trying to wipe them out with bombs. By all accounts it has just created more of them, no? And ironically it doesn't take a lot of them to do lots of damage. Time for a new way of thinking about and dealing with this, I wish I knew what that looked like.

Date: November 14, 2015 19:47

This will cause more Islamophobia & more backward conservative political momentum in Europe & U.S. Don't stereotype Muslims as terrorists due to a few crazies. Keep the borders open & stop dropping bombs!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 14, 2015 19:53

desertblues68

Imagine

For me it's not "Imagine" it's Dies Irae! I sick of the peace-loving crap! angry smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 20:04

dcba
desertblues68

Imagine

For me it's not "Imagine" it's Dies Irae! I sick of the peace-loving crap! angry smiley

+1

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 20:08

The Mez
This will cause more Islamophobia & more backward conservative political momentum in Europe & U.S. Don't stereotype Muslims as terrorists due to a few crazies. Keep the borders open & stop dropping bombs!
yes you're right but it's not enough
one out of several tracks to follow is to fight against the easy circulation of fire weapons in the world.
do you think it's a good thing to be able to buy some of them on internet ?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 14, 2015 20:49

kovach
The Mez
Bush / Cheney's fault. Leave the Arabs alone. Stop dropping bombs. Stop the hate! It's our own fault. Stop the war mongering!!

Newflash...they've been out of power for 7 years.

confused smiley .......Even Tony Blair conceded last week that the rise of Isis was the result of the invasion of Iraq.

Isis is the remnants (+ new recruits) of Saddam Hussein's army..........

I said years ago to friends that "when Bush & Blair launched that illegal war on the back of a phony WMD dossier they went into hell, when Saddam Hussein was executed, they closed the door behind them"...............

As it transpires, it looks like SH was keeping a lid on what is now Isis.........(of course I'm aware that he was accused of some pretty horrific crimes aginst his own people too........therein lay the problem...........which Blair & Bush et al have actually made worse for the wider world.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 20:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 14, 2015 20:49

The Mez

We have the ability to drop bombs from a safe height. They do not have the technology so they have to bring theirs in person. Both actions kill the innocent and breed more hatred. Like Naturalust, I wish I knew what the answer was - but it isn't more indiscriminate bombing.

Date: November 14, 2015 21:05

Exactly the drone that just killed "Jihadi John" just created 50 more terrorists for example! Leave the Muslims alone! Stop the hate!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 14, 2015 21:14

The problem it's not a country your fighting but people who are everywhere...kill one of them and two will stand up............

Not for the sake of democracy but for us and them it was better if all the dictators were still on their thrones in all the Middle Eastern countries where they are banned......first of all, they can't handle democracy, second democracy is not possible in countries where there living more races with different cultures and believes.......IMO

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 14, 2015 21:14

dcba
desertblues68

Imagine

+1

love the peace-loving crap. too bad everyone isn't into it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home