Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 21
Re: OT: Paris terror attacks
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:19

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:20

ROPENI
Just asking..... Have The Stones said anything about this?

No but Keith does carry a switchblade.

Lyrically this is how they felt at the time of the first Gulf War with High Wire:

We sell 'em missiles, we sell 'em tanks
We give 'em credit, you can call the bank
It's just a business, you can pay us in crude
You'll love these toys, just go play out your feuds
We've got no pride, don't care whose boots we lick
We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick

So get up, stand up, out of my way
I want to talk to the boss right away
Get up, stand up, whose gonna pay
I want to talk to the man right away

We walk the highwire
Sending the men up to the front line
Hoping they don't catch the hell fire
With hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Sending the men to the front line
And tell 'em to pipe in the sunshine

Our lives are threatened, our jobs at risk
Sometimes dictators need a slap on the wrist
Another Munich we just can't afford
We're gonna send in the eighty-second airborne

Get up, stand up, who's gonna pay
I want to talk to the boss right away
Get up, stand up, outta my way
I want to talk to the man right away

We walk the highwire
Putting the world on a deadline
And hoping we don't taste the shellfire
Of hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Putting the world on a deadline
Catching the bite on the prime time

Get up! Stand up!
Dealer! Stealer!

We walk the highwire
We send our men to the front lines
An' we're hoping that we backed the right side

We walk the highwire
Send our men to the front lines
And hoping they don't catch the hellfire
With hot guns and cold cold, cold, cold,
Cold nights

Yeah! Oh yeah!

We walk the highwire
We walk the highwire
Oh Yeah
With hot guns and cold, cold, cold nights

Oh yeah!

And let's not forget Sweet NeoCon!

The deceassed and wounded allong with France are in my prayers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:25

potus43
I shall pray for you haters. Interestingly the ONLY group who deserves attack is ISIS but then they are mostly of Arab descent and we cant have that, now can we.

Arab descent?

You shall pray for all of us "haters" eh? Whatever.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:26

You say "prayers " but you include vitriol in your post. That is contradictory

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:26

potus43
I pray to my Lord Jesus for all of you.

You know that Jesus died a really really really really long long long long long time ago, right?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:33

after the disaster and the tragedy,western countries have to cooperate more and strengthen the measures in order to annihilate Daesh, Isis....it's gonna take plenty of time for sure because those assassins increase and feed themselves with their barbarian values.

in France, we have a list of about 4 000 people suspected of getting radical. I'm sure more and more will be coming.
Some of them are foreigners so, imo they should be expelled before getting even more radical.
For those who are French, prison is the only answer.

We have to increase the means to stop the circulation of fire weapons (the assassins of Friday had many kalachnikov like those at Charlie Hebdo) and also forbid their sales on internet.

also the rules of the Schengen zone should be adapted to the situation. It means more control at the borders.

and last but not least, forbid all American musicians to play in Paris because islamists can't resist attack Satan ! (please, I'm kidding)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-15 19:39 by jpasc95.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:39

I like BVs new lighter moderation. I hope this thread doesn't go astray.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:46

jpasc95
after the disaster and the tragedy,western countries have to cooperate more and strengthen the measures in order to annihilate Daesh, Isis....it's gonna take plenty of time for sure because those assassins increase and feed themselves with their barbarian values.

in France, we have a list of about 4 000 people suspected of getting radical. I'm sure more and more will be coming.
Some of them are foreigners so, imo they should be expelled before getting even more radical.

We have to increase the means to stop the circulation of fire weapons (the assassins of Friday had many kalachnikov like those at Charlie Hebdo) and also forbid their sales on internet.

also the rules of the Schengen zone should be adapted to the situation. It means more control at the borders.

and last but not least, forbid all American musicians to play in Paris because islamists can't resist attack Satan ! (please, I'm kidding)

More control at the borders?

In the 60th (Algerian War) France has had very heavy border controls, but bomb attacks in France nearly every day.

So: Be carefull with the axe, jpasc95!

Peace!
HighwireC

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:49

potus43

Well l certainly will sleep better tonight knowing that you are praying for someone you called "the lowest form".Great....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:55

There are a billion good Muslims!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:07

potus43

You know, you always have the Lord by your side
And I was so pleased to be informed of this, that I ran 20 red lights in His honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.

Date: November 15, 2015 20:12

Koen
potus43

You know, you always have the Lord by your side
And I was so pleased to be informed of this, that I ran 20 red lights in His honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.

+1 smileys with beer

HighwireC

Date: November 15, 2015 20:20

HighwireC
jpasc95

In the 60th (Algerian War) France has had very heavy border controls, but bomb attacks in France nearly every day.

Peace!
HighwireC
like you and lots of European people, I like very much the idea of free circulation of people.
But we can't carry on like this, The idea is to complicate as much as possible the morbid goal of the islamists.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:39

While I'm thoroughly saddened at the events in Paris, I maybe alone in thinking that The Stones recorded the Stripped version of Shine A Light at the Bataclan Theatre. May the good Lord shine a light on all who have suffered through this.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:41

HighwireC

Peace!
HighwireC

It's just not true. "Bomb attacks" happened at the very end of the war and were done by the OAS (right wing anti-Arabs settlers) as a sort of payback against France and De Gaulle who had abandonned them.

I'll add that the French army built in 1957 the "Ligne Morice" between Algeria and Tunisia which was very effective in preventing arms and fighters to join the rebels. Made of barbed wire and landmines it proved to unpenetrable.

So yeah borders work against an external menace... thumbs up

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:47

A beautiful drawing which means a lot

Credit : Benjamin Regnier

HMN

Date: November 15, 2015 20:51

Watch live now: crowds regather after evacuation at Place de la Republique:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Peace!
HighwireC

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:59

Any word from the Stones after Paris events ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: November 15, 2015 21:02

dcba
HighwireC

Peace!
HighwireC

It's just not true. "Bomb attacks" happened at the very end of the war and were done by the OAS (right wing anti-Arabs settlers) as a sort of payback against France and De Gaulle who had abandonned them.

I'll add that the French army built in 1957 the "Ligne Morice" between Algeria and Tunisia which was very effective in preventing arms and fighters to join the rebels. Made of barbed wire and landmines it proved to unpenetrable.

So yeah borders work against an external menace... thumbs up

And where will you build such a "Ligne Morice" with barbed wire and landmines in Europe, now in 2015 ...????

Do we really need a new "Berlin Wall" in big, now build by the free western democracies?

I'm german, I don't need new walls, really.

Peace.
HighwireC

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 15, 2015 21:07

Let's cool it.

No need for dispute.

This link is so moving

The faces and lives of the victims.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: November 15, 2015 21:13

Highwire C,
I agree with you, we don't want any more wall !
I was thinking of re opening customs administration with police

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 15, 2015 21:25

Now about security

I wonder how they smuggled war guns in the concert hall.

Procedures vary.. I remember in the early 2000, probably just after 9/11, they searched you briefly before going into a show.. Briefly, but enough to check if someone was concealing a weapon.. It was sort of reassuring.. But a machine gun is big.. How did they carried that unoticed?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 15, 2015 21:27

Beautiful drawing Honestman! Thanks for posting.

I would like to make another plea that everyone please keep it respectful and non confrontational in this thread. Obviously we are being given somewhat unprecedented latitude here to discuss the broad range of issues surrounding this attack and it won't survive if we don't make a concerted effort to stay non confrontational. Please.

I love the fact that we can hear the diverse views of this amazing international group of people here. The differences in the way we think are fascinating, nothing to get upset about. I welcome all peoples views as they relate to this issue. We should be able to express them without attacking others positions and persons.

If you don't like to hear such things it's easy to do...don't read the thread! But please stay away from the report button and keep the discussion cool. Much thanks from this poster.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 15, 2015 21:30

The Joker
Now about security

Procedures vary.. I remember in the early 2000, probably just after 9/11, they searched you briefly before going into a show.. Briefly, but enough to check if someone was concealing a weapon.. It was sort of reassuring.. But a machine gun is big.. How did they carried that unoticed?

They didn't smuggle it in, they came in through the backstage. They probably terrorized or killed bodyguards who are not prepared to deal with machine guns.

Date: November 15, 2015 21:38

Surviving the 2015 Paris Attacks: Pulled From the Gunfire | The New York Times

Peace.
HighwireC

Date: November 15, 2015 21:48

The Joker
Now about security

I've also heard reports that they entered the hall from behind the stage. In any case, I don't imagine guys with these type of guns and intentions would have had much trouble gaining access at any particular entrance they wanted to use.

I cringe thinking about the type of security that could actually prevent this sort of thing being necessary. Do we really want or need a bunch of security guys with guns at every school, rock show, sports event public gathering and possible target for terrorism?

I don't want to get into a gun debate here but I can't help but point out a couple of good guys with concealed carry permits might have prevented the large number of deaths at that rock show.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 15, 2015 22:00

tomcasagranda

[...] I maybe alone in thinking that The Stones recorded the Stripped version of Shine A Light at the Bataclan Theatre.

The Stripped version of 'Shine A Light' was recorded on July 3, 1995 in Paris at the L'Olympia music hall.

[www.iorr.org] · [www.nzentgraf.de] (951113A) · [www.timeisonourside.com] · Wikipedia.org

Date: November 15, 2015 22:06

Naturalust
The Joker
Now about security

I've also heard reports that they entered the hall from behind the stage. In any case, I don't imagine guys with these type of guns and intentions would have had much trouble gaining access at any particular entrance they wanted to use.

I cringe thinking about the type of security that could actually prevent this sort of thing being necessary. Do we really want or need a bunch of security guys with guns at every school, rock show, sports event public gathering and possible target for terrorism?

I don't want to get into a gun debate here ( ???????? ) but I can't help but point out a couple of good guys with concealed carry permits might have prevented the large number of deaths at that rock show.

So you just opened the gun debate here, Naturalust.

Do you believe, some "couple of good guys with concealed carry permits" would have had a real chance to stopp these terrorists using machine guns, really?

Show me one example, please ...

Peace.
HigfhwireC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-15 22:10 by HighwireC.

Date: November 15, 2015 22:19

HighwireC
Do you believe, some "couple of good guys with concealed carry permits" would have had a real chance to stopp these terrorists using machine guns, really?

Peace.
HigfhwireC

Yes I obviously do or I wouldn't have said so.. I assure you if I was there, I would have tried to stop them. And if you were there and armed you probably would have too. I implore you not to continue the debate for obvious reasons..

But since you asked for examples:

[crimeresearch.org]

Date: November 15, 2015 22:36

Naturalust
HighwireC

Peace.
HigfhwireC

Yes I obviously do or I wouldn't have said so.. I assure you if I was there, I would have tried to stop them. And if you were there and armed you probably would have too. I implore you not to continue the debate for obvious reasons..

But since you asked for examples:

[crimeresearch.org]

I don't trust this Gun-Lobby [en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry.

Peace.
HighwireC

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1335
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50