Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21
Re: Too Much Blood in Paris: Heavy shootings, more than 60 reported killed, hostage situation ongoing
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 14, 2015 03:47

buffalo7478
My heart goes out to Paris tonite. One of the attacks was at a rock concert. Terrorists hate free speech, hate freedom of expression and diversity. The only way they win is if we stop expressing ourselves freely and stop encouraging diversity...of thought, music, art, literature, ideas, sexuality, faith and spirituality.

this can't be repeated enough

Re: Too Much Blood in Paris: Heavy shootings, more than 60 reported killed, hostage situation ongoing
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 14, 2015 04:42

Everyone takes the threat lightly in their town thinking it can't happen there and for the most part it probably won't, but it should reinforce your instincts to know where the exits are should you need to get out of someplace fast. When you go out to a restaurant, movie, arena, train station, downtown building, anywhere. In a panic crowds will be frantic.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 14, 2015 04:47

Paris has nothing to do with Syria and this act only makes their cause even more despicable. An eye for an eye and soon enough everybody is blind. they just want attention. this is how world war 1 started with a terrorist act by people who are desperate for power and don't have any.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 14, 2015 04:56

tumbled
Paris has nothing to do with Syria and this act only makes their cause even more despicable. An eye for an eye and soon enough everybody is blind. they just want attention. this is how world war 1 started with a terrorist act by people who are desperate for power and don't have any.

Witnesses claimed that in one of the attacks the terrorist shouted "this is for Syria".

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 14, 2015 05:01

Not sure what the correct response should be, but it needs to be a forceful one. This is just beyond disturbing.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 05:15

Witness said there was no security at concert which is very surprising.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 14, 2015 05:38

A truly sad day, I condemn these and ALL acts of terror!!

Perhaps we will never truly be able to combat terror effectively unless we understand the nature of how it comes to be and more specifically the roles the developed Western countries play in it. This is as good a place as any to start for those of you who actually want to try understand how the world works a bit better. Some very interesting concepts in this documentary including a section on Terrorism near the middle.

[www.youtube.com]

Nothing justifies the senseless acts perpetrated against the good people of France! I'd sure like to know how to prevent this in the future. Whatever we've been doing sure doesn't seem to be working.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 07:01

Prayers for Paris

Re: Too Much Blood in Paris: Heavy shootings, more than 40 people killed ...
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 14, 2015 07:16

Rokyfan
kovach
Nate
geordiestone
Bad title. Praying for everyone in Paris.

We can hope that no more people get hurt but praying won't achieve anything,it is religion that is a major factor in the cause of these horrific and deluded acts.

Nate

Here we go again, it's everyone who's religious at fault.

That is a long was from saying that everyone that is religious is at fault, even though every religion has or had had in history fanatics who take it too seriously to the point of wantonly killng nonbelievers.

That is the difference between religion and ideology which most have progressed beyond.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 14, 2015 08:47

ohmercy61

I don't know how it is in other countries, but I live in the tri-state area near New York. I say and have said at every show I've been to in the last 10 years how easy it would be for me to bring something illegal into the venue. I guess its a crapshoot, but I would say 75% of the shows I see I just walk right in. And this is New York City. Maybe they aren't big shows, maybe its not really an issue, but I've been saying forever how if I wanted to bomb or shoot up a show (which I 100% DO NOT want to do) it would probably be very easy. Its a scary thought but I'm amazed how long I've thought it and literally nothing has been done to make me think it less in a decade.

Seriously, I'd prefer you be extremely harsh with me, for my own safety, about what I can or can't bring into a venue. If I have nothing bad, I've got nothing to hide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 08:49 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 09:31

Hi (from Paris),
thanks for your kind words and warm support
at the moment, we have about 120 dead people and 200 wounded.
today, all public places in Paris will be closed.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 14, 2015 09:44

RollingFreak
ohmercy61

I don't know how it is in other countries, but I live in the tri-state area near New York. I say and have said at every show I've been to in the last 10 years how easy it would be for me to bring something illegal into the venue. I guess its a crapshoot, but I would say 75% of the shows I see I just walk right in. And this is New York City. Maybe they aren't big shows, maybe its not really an issue, but I've been saying forever how if I wanted to bomb or shoot up a show (which I 100% DO NOT want to do) it would probably be very easy. Its a scary thought but I'm amazed how long I've thought it and literally nothing has been done to make me think it less in a decade.

Seriously, I'd prefer you be extremely harsh with me, for my own safety, about what I can or can't bring into a venue. If I have nothing bad, I've got nothing to hide.

That's interesting. I'd rather be lined up against a wall and shot by terrorists than surveilled, trailed, traced, searched, watched, privacy plundered, and flanked by armed guards 24/7 -- all for my "own protection."

Give me liberty or give me death. I don't want to live in a totalitarian state, however "safe" it may be.

- swiss

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 14, 2015 09:47

jpasc95
Hi (from Paris),
thanks for your kind words and warm support
at the moment, we have about 120 dead people and 200 wounded.
today, all public places in Paris will be closed.

Take good care. So sorry your city is under this siege.

- swiss
Moonlight Mile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 09:52 by swiss.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 14, 2015 09:51

My thoughts are with those in France at this tragic time.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 14, 2015 09:54

Tasteless thread title : can we change that please?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 14, 2015 10:03

swiss
That's interesting. I'd rather be lined up against a wall and shot by terrorists than surveilled, trailed, traced, searched, watched, privacy plundered, and flanked by armed guards 24/7 -- all for my "own protection."

Give me liberty or give me death. I don't want to live in a totalitarian state, however "safe" it may be.

- swiss

thumbs up That's the spirit swiss. Wait till you see the American war mongers and fear propagandists try to spin this into an attack against America in the next couple days. Terms like "global attack" and talk of how this was obviously a dress rehearsal for an impending American attack. This will try to be used to get American into a full scale war with Syria and/or take even more of our liberties away. So sad.

Date: November 14, 2015 10:08

the nightmare came back after Charlie hebdo attack
The war has been declared and has been going on for 14 years since the horrible sept 2001 event.
We must resist and have no fear, life must go on.

Date: November 14, 2015 10:12

NICOS
umakmehrd
Has any group taken responsibility yet?

Perpetrators Paris declared that they commit the attacks for Syria..............
yes right
a French hostage heard the assassin say "this is your president's fault cos he didn't have to go to Syria"

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 14, 2015 10:21

Brainwashed gunmen killing for someone else's agendy. History repeats itself, but
how can we, as a civilized world, prevent it from happening again?

This is indeed horrible and my heart goes out to all those effected.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 14, 2015 10:36

Wow, seems to me this would hurt their cause. Certainly most of the world is saddened by this act. Best wishes to the people of Paris. Condolences to family and friends of the victims of senseless loss of life.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 14, 2015 10:42

Dreadful news to wake up to. When will we ever get to the end of pointless violence?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 11:22

Horrible! In what kind of world do we live in?!

Posted by: goldylocks ()
Date: November 14, 2015 11:34

love and peace to Paris

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 14, 2015 11:56

jpasc95
The war has been declared and has been going on for 14 years since the horrible sept 2001 event.

Unfortunately this has been going on for much much longer...

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 12:13

Date: November 14, 2015 12:20

Koen
jpasc95

Unfortunately this has been going on for much much longer...
yes you're right and I know that.
I was thinking of terrorist attacks at bigger scale against western countries and to me September 2001 is a terrific example which marked a turning point.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 14, 2015 12:29

jpasc95
Hi friend,
i'm sad for you.
No more war!
Sici

hostages taken at eagles of death meatl show in paris
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 14, 2015 00:35

TERRIBLE!

[consequenceofsound.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-14 00:37 by guitarbastard.

Re: hostages taken at eagles of death meatl show in paris
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 14, 2015 00:47

Oh, this is horrible. My sympathy for all effected and the French friends we
have on this board.

Re: hostages taken at eagles of death meatl show in paris
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 14, 2015 00:59

Hope these people can make it out of this horrific situation.

Nate

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home