Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2015 02:01

HMS
GasLightStreet
Already Suffering (oh wait... it's... Over Me - whatever)
Always Suffering
Rock And A Hard Place
Streets Of Love
Following The River
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Sweet Neo Con

I agree with above listed songs as being "awful bad". The ones I´ve excluded are not bad, some good-very good, imo.

You have listed five songs from DW that are at least okay for you if I understood you right - that´s about half of the album, so DW cannot be that horrible...cool smiley

With the smiley face and sunglasses you're attempting to "make cute", or in some other manner "gentrify" Dirty Work. I won't have it.

I'm watching you HMS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 5, 2015 02:57

HMS
GasLightStreet
Always Suffering
Rock And A Hard Place
Streets Of Love
Following The River
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Sweet Neo Con

I agree with above listed songs as being "awful bad". The ones I´ve excluded are not bad, some good-very good, imo.

You have listed five songs from DW that are at least okay for you if I understood you right - that´s about half of the album, so DW cannot be that horrible...cool smiley

Don't mistake someone liking some songs from the Stones' worst album as thinking that that album "cannot be that horrible..." because you are and will continue to be wrong.

I like some songs from TSMR but that album sucks - just not as bad as DW.

And the songs you excluded from that list of suckage says even more. None of those are even remotely good no matter who would've written and recorded them.

It is amusing how you've raised such a flag for DW and making everyone think you're really just egging it on for the sake of it. You're doing a fantastic job.

Because no one in their right mind would ever praise DW.

Not even a Stones fan.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 5, 2015 03:11

GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
Always Suffering
Rock And A Hard Place
Streets Of Love
Following The River
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Sweet Neo Con

Don't mistake someone liking some songs from the Stones' worst album as thinking that that album "cannot be that horrible..." because you are and will continue to be wrong.

And the songs you excluded from that list of suckage says even more. None of those are even remotely good no matter who would've written and recorded them.

It is amusing how you've raised such a flag for DW and making everyone think you're really just egging it on for the sake of it. You're doing a fantastic job.

Not even a Stones fan.

However much I may personally disagree with HMS's assessment of Dirty Work I hold him in high esteem for openly expressing his opinion in light of the obvious landslide of dissenting popular opinion concerning the record here on iorr. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, him liking that record might even make him more of a fan that those of us who don't. lol No sense questioning his state of mind, just perhaps his taste in music.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2015 03:27

Naturalust
GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
Always Suffering
Rock And A Hard Place
Streets Of Love
Following The River
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Sweet Neo Con

Not even a Stones fan.

However much I may personally disagree with HMS's assessment of Dirty Work I hold him in high esteem for openly expressing his opinion in light of the obvious landslide of dissenting popular opinion concerning the record here on iorr. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, him liking that record might even make him more of a fan that those of us who don't. lol No sense questioning his state of mind, just perhaps his taste in music.

Can't we all just agree to cyberbully him into submission?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 07:51

treaclefingers
Naturalust
GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
Always Suffering
Rock And A Hard Place
Streets Of Love
Following The River
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Sweet Neo Con

Not even a Stones fan.

Can't we all just agree to cyberbully him into submission?

Or We could make him actually listen to dirty work.... Or would that be too mean?

Date: November 7, 2015 17:55

Without DIRTY WORK and HMS' lunatic rants about it, what would we have to complain about? GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY? That makes itself look like EXILE compared to DIRTY WORK...

Date: November 7, 2015 18:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 14:23

Any news about possible recording sessions?!Are they all together into a studio now?!?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 10, 2015 14:30

In all honesty, I can't see much chance of any studio time until after the SA tour and the Exhibitionism premiere in April.
Of course that leaves some time for The Glimmers to get together on their own, away from the media and work on some new material.
A glimmer of a chance, perhaps.

Date: November 10, 2015 14:46

It should be a real pity...There is November and at least half of December to work on some new material...I think that if they really want make a new album they would start now...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 10, 2015 16:08

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lot of half cooked songs already. Plus they're writing more on their own, then they go into the studio for about 2 weeks and presto a new album. This could easily happen anytime in my opinion. All they need is a desire to do it. Wish they would but also can't blame them if they decide not to.

Date: November 10, 2015 16:13

frankotero
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lot of half cooked songs already. Plus they're writing more on their own, then they go into the studio for about 2 weeks and presto a new album. This could easily happen anytime in my opinion. All they need is a desire to do it. Wish they would but also can't blame them if they decide not to.

None of that bodes for a good album though. Just another Don Was produced album to end the era of Don Was produced albums that, really, have no importance on the catalogue or legacy.

If they could give us one last good single though...

Date: November 10, 2015 16:14

And seeing that "the market" is now more single driven why not just do singles? Not as much time in the studio, focus is more intent.

They used to do it a lot. Of course, they were recording albums along the way as well.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 10, 2015 16:20

mailexile67
It should be a real pity...There is November and at least half of December to work on some new material...I think that if they really want make a new album they would start now...

maybe Keith and mick jagger have been i contact,to write some songs, by fax for that matter.
They probably will get together, shortly before the SA leg, and do some recording in May. Hope they will tour Europe in the summer, or fall of 2016.

Jeroen

Date: November 10, 2015 16:34

Unlike VOODOO LOUNGE, which they phoned in, maybe this one they can text in.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 10, 2015 17:11

If Mick Jagger´s singing is whiny and thin like on Alfie & Superheavy or the Exile-bonus-CD (horrible singing) they maybe should not record an album at all.

If there should be an album, I pray to the spirits above that the responsible forces bury Mick deep in the mix and put heavy sound-make-up over his voice. Otherwise this new album would not be listenable without disappointment, no matter how good the songs actually might be.

The days of his strong and powerful DW-voice have long gone unfortunately.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 10, 2015 17:14

grinning smiley

Date: November 10, 2015 17:45

DW had the Mick's voice but not the songs...smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 10, 2015 18:26

I like the idea of putting out singles occasionally. Could be easier and maybe even better in the long run. Also they could add live or un-released tracks with just one new song. Actually there's a lot of possibilities. I hope they're considering doing something.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2015 18:48

GasLightStreet
frankotero

None of that bodes for a good album though. Just another Don Was produced album to end the era of Don Was produced albums that, really, have no importance on the catalogue or legacy.

If they could give us one last good single though...

As has been stated, Mick is well equipped with a bunch of demos already recorded and ready to go.
This also doesn't seem to bode well for anything new that has some lasting quality and/or adding any importance to their catalogue or legacy.
But I could be wrong...only time will tell.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 10, 2015 20:37

HMS
If Mick Jagger´s singing is whiny and thin like on Alfie & Superheavy or the Exile-bonus-CD (horrible singing) they maybe should not record an album at all.

If there should be an album, I pray to the spirits above that the responsible forces bury Mick deep in the mix and put heavy sound-make-up over his voice. Otherwise this new album would not be listenable without disappointment, no matter how good the songs actually might be.

i could leave the board for a month or a year and when i come back some things will always be the same,hms will still be posting his hatred of all things jagger.
a braindead idiot just spewing out nonsense post after post.it's boring and predictable,why don't you just get up every morning ,lay down and kick your feet and pound the floor while sceaming "i hate mick jagger" over and over for about ten minutes to get it out of your system?.it will save the rest of us from having to read your insane drivel.

none of it makes any sense outside of you just being a sort of obsessed cyber stalker keeping tabs on the object of your anger. it would be as if the bono haters posted on a U2 fansite everyday,you are one confused freakshow pal-"i hate this guy,now i'm gonna go on a website dedicated to him and talk about him-again..and again..and again"

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:07

lem motlow
HMS

i could leave the board for a month or a year and when i come back some things will always be the same,hms will still be posting his hatred of all things jagger.
a braindead idiot just spewing out nonsense post after post.it's boring and predictable,why don't you just get up every morning ,lay down and kick your feet and pound the floor while sceaming "i hate mick jagger" over and over for about ten minutes to get it out of your system?.it will save the rest of us from having to read your insane drivel.

none of it makes any sense outside of you just being a sort of obsessed cyber stalker keeping tabs on the object of your anger. it would be as if the bono haters posted on a U2 fansite everyday,you are one confused freakshow pal-"i hate this guy,now i'm gonna go on a website dedicated to him and talk about him-again..and again..and again"

i like his posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 21:10 by Turner68.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:16

lem motlow
HMS

You should think twice before writing that someone here is a "braindead idiot" and offensive things like that. I care about that just as much as the moon when dogs are barking at him, but to be a little more polite to his colleagues would be kind of nice.

I do not hate Mick Jagger, I only disagree with some things he is doing. But he can do what he wants in the end. I also disagree with some things Keith has done but sure dont hate him.

But Mick´s voice deteriorated, if you cant hear that on Alfie and Superheavy, you seem to need a new set of ears. You dont have to be insane to notice that Mick´s singing is not what it used to be, the whiny and thin voice started on ABB and is very, very obvious on the Exile-Bonus-CD. That´s not insanity or nonsense, that´s fact.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:21

Why not release a single with 2-3 new songs just before every new leg of the Never Ending 50 & Counting Tour?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 10, 2015 21:56

HMS

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 10, 2015 23:43

Hey HMS how's your singing voice?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 11, 2015 10:43

I for one love Mick Jagger' singing. Mick's voice with all his idiosyncrasies, his phrasing, his tone, that Jagger attitude with all the sarcastic put downs and occasional bursts of vulnerability - all this is one of the main reasons why I am a fan of this band.
Sure his voice changed with age, he is 72 not 25 or 33 anymore - I understand that. I hear that too. And at the same time: someone may think that Alfie is terrible, but for me Old Habits Die Hard is a great song, I can't get enough of it.
You say Exile bonus disk is horrible - I think Plundered My Soul is one of their best songs of all time, easily in my top five (or ten, it does not matter)
I listen constantly to Some Girls bonus disc, it's my favorite album of the last few years.
I like the sound of Mick voice on Doom and Gloom
I was trilled when I heard his performance of Moonlight Mile this year.
So, yes, I miss that voice, Mick Jagger voice which is still able to touch me, to go under my skin. I want to hear the new material, something that I have not heard yet, something unknown. I'm eagerly looking forward to the new Stones album.

I do not think I'm in the minority among Stones fans.But on this forum as it now - definitely.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 11, 2015 10:48

Hi Mary! I love Mick's singing too. He was terrific on the recent tour. I like Doom and Gloom too, and both the bonus discs, especially Some Girls, and Plundered My Soul. I don't love a whole lot of his solo material, but I also hope he and his partner can come up with some good stuff for a new album.

Date: November 11, 2015 10:56

Mick has improved a lot after some years with over-affected and nasal singing, imo.

Doom And Gloom was excellent – really great – and he did a superb job on the 2012-2015 tours.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 11, 2015 11:05

proudmary
I for one love Mick Jagger' singing. Mick's voice with all his idiosyncrasies, his phrasing, his tone, that Jagger attitude with all the sarcastic put downs and occasional bursts of vulnerability - all this is one of the main reasons why I am a fan of this band.
Sure his voice changed with age, he is 72 not 25 or 33 anymore - I understand that. I hear that too. And at the same time: someone may think that Alfie is terrible, but for me Old Habits Die Hard is a great song, I can't get enough of it.
You say Exile bonus disk is horrible - I think Plundered My Soul is one of their best songs of all time, easily in my top five (or ten, it does not matter)
I listen constantly to Some Girls bonus disc, it's my favorite album of the last few years.
I like the sound of Mick voice on Doom and Gloom
I was trilled when I heard his performance of Moonlight Mile this year.
So, yes, I miss that voice, Mick Jagger voice which is still able to touch me, to go under my skin. I want to hear the new material, something that I have not heard yet, something unknown. I'm eagerly looking forward to the new Stones album.

I do not think I'm in the minority among Stones fans.But on this forum as it now - definitely.

+1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home