Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 04:07

Mick could do an awesome album right now. And I have a feeling he's been building one up for quite some time. It may never top Crosseyed Heart for me, which is one of my favorites - ever. But I can really see Mick putting out a follow-up to Wandering Spirit, something of that high-caliber quality, with a world music feel. What was Mick doing bowling with Jack White? Then he hangout in a recording studio in Cuba. He's been working on an album for a while now. I think he may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, too, and it will ultimately benefit Stones fans everywhere. Watch out for Mick's solo album and a new Stones album. Now Keith might have to do a new one....

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 06:02

georgelicks
mpj200
georgelicks
The chances for a hit is less than zero, the radio won't play anything by an artist over 40 and the Stones music is so out of touch on today's era of R&B and alternative music.

Their last Hot 100 hit was Saint Of Me which peaked at #94 on March 1998, over 18 YEARS AGO!!!

18 years ago radio was different. Lots of artist get AirPlay at over 40 years of age. You are listening to the wrong stations. We are in the age of Internet and Satellite radio. These formats are part of the Billboard charts now.

Take a look at this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart and name me one act over 40 charting there.

On 2015 only 3 acts over 45 charted on the Hot 100.

Read all the post George. Or better yet, pick up a Copt of Billboard. There are far more formats now than the Hot 100. You don't have to hit the Hot 100 these days to have a hit.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2016 06:07

Socrates1
Mick could do an awesome album right now. And I have a feeling he's been building one up for quite some time. It may never top Crosseyed Heart for me, which is one of my favorites - ever. But I can really see Mick putting out a follow-up to Wandering Spirit, something of that high-caliber quality, with a world music feel. What was Mick doing bowling with Jack White? Then he hangout in a recording studio in Cuba. He's been working on an album for a while now. I think he may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, too, and it will ultimately benefit Stones fans everywhere. Watch out for Mick's solo album and a new Stones album. Now Keith might have to do a new one....

There's no reason for Mick not to do another solo album... other than hardly anyone cares. His last LP bombed. He's had YEARS to do another solo record.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2016 06:25

mpj200
georgelicks
mpj200
georgelicks
The chances for a hit is less than zero, the radio won't play anything by an artist over 40 and the Stones music is so out of touch on today's era of R&B and alternative music.

Their last Hot 100 hit was Saint Of Me which peaked at #94 on March 1998, over 18 YEARS AGO!!!

18 years ago radio was different. Lots of artist get AirPlay at over 40 years of age. You are listening to the wrong stations. We are in the age of Internet and Satellite radio. These formats are part of the Billboard charts now.

Take a look at this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart and name me one act over 40 charting there.

Read all the post George. Or better yet, pick up a Copt of Billboard. There are far more formats now than the Hot 100. You don't have to hit the Hot 100 these days to have a hit.

Imagine enlightening Soldati about Billboard charts. That's a good one. Meantime, I think not only is he well aware of all the minor charts which reflect very little, but he understands the value of the Hot 100 in relation to the other charts just as he understands the validity of Sound Scan. As for the world being different in 18 years, there have been no shortage of Stones singles or Mick or SuperHeavy or Keith singles in that time. A visit to Wikipedia will show you how they fared. If one wishes to believe these were hit singles because of the vinyl charts on Record Day or because of a particular radio play list, one is welcome to do so. It's a bit like being excited your band was #1 in Estonia, but no one else in the world has heard your music.

Date: April 14, 2016 06:28

GasLightStreet
Socrates1

There's no reason for Mick not to do another solo album... other than hardly anyone cares. His last LP bombed. He's had YEARS to do another solo record.

Yeah but you're gonna like his new one. We all are. It's gonna be that good.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2016 06:30

I 100% seriously doubt it.

Date: April 14, 2016 06:31

Don't doubt it!

Date: April 14, 2016 07:22

Rocky Dijon
mpj200
georgelicks
mpj200
georgelicks

Imagine enlightening Soldati about Billboard charts. That's a good one. Meantime, I think not only is he well aware of all the minor charts which reflect very little, but he understands the value of the Hot 100 in relation to the other charts just as he understands the validity of Sound Scan. As for the world being different in 18 years, there have been no shortage of Stones singles or Mick or SuperHeavy or Keith singles in that time. A visit to Wikipedia will show you how they fared. If one wishes to believe these were hit singles because of the vinyl charts on Record Day or because of a particular radio play list, one is welcome to do so. It's a bit like being excited your band was #1 in Estonia, but no one else in the world has heard your music.

Lol. Soundscan? Seriously? That has very little to do with the singles charts these days. So I will leave it at that. I'm not here to school anybody. Don't have the time. Merely here to point out facts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-14 07:49 by mpj200.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: April 14, 2016 07:30

Socrates1
Don't doubt it!

While Doom & Gloom left me cold and somewhat pessimistic about the Stones’ future, it’s still better than anything on ABB (with the possible exception of Rough Justice). So yeah, at this stage I have higher expectations for a Jagger solo project than a new Stones album. (Keith – as much as we all adore the guy – has been washed up creatively for decades. I’d rather watch Bridges of Madison County with my mother than listen to Crosseyed Heart again.) But it’s really unfair to expect any of the Stones, at their age, to write anything vital or relevant. Sorry to be a gloomy Gus...

Date: April 14, 2016 08:17

Read me now believe me later.

Date: April 14, 2016 08:19

Swayed1967
Socrates1
Don't doubt it!
(Keith – as much as we all adore the guy... blah blah blah)

Keith is the greatest. The question is, can Mick top him?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 14, 2016 08:40

alexisjagger
I think this album is gonna be great.

It would be amazing a side A of blues covers and a Side B of new music.

It could be a good @#$%& double album!

thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2016 08:41

I'm listening to Wandering Spirit right now. The neighbors be damned!

Posted by: brainer ()
Date: April 14, 2016 11:17

the new Album could be called " Back to Blues ", with guests Mick Taylor, Buddy Guy ....

Date: April 14, 2016 11:25

i want to hear Jaguarillo's new songs. Is that so wrong? I'm drunk.

Date: April 14, 2016 11:57

The Stones are the greatest ever.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 14, 2016 12:09

I dont think Mick will ever do a solo-album again. He may not want to hurt his ego again with another flop.

And there´s absolutely no indication that on a new solo-album would show up anything worth listening to when I think of the people he´s been surrounded with in the last couple of months (Carl Falk, Taylor Swift, Jack White...)

Mick can do what ever comes to his mind musically but I dont care about it. I´ve had my share of disappointments with his solo-efforts.

Date: April 14, 2016 12:15

Mick will do a solo album and it will rock.

Date: April 14, 2016 15:57

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200
georgelicks
mpj200
georgelicks

Lol. Soundscan? Seriously? That has very little to do with the singles charts these days. So I will leave it at that. I'm not here to school anybody. Don't have the time. Merely here to point out facts.

You do struggle don't you? I said he understood the validity of Soundscan, yet you conclude that implied it had something to do with the singles charts. You stick to your facts and tell yourself "Plundered My Soul" was a #1 hit single and "Doom and Gloom" was a major hit. After all, there are Billboard Singles Charts that state they were. The fact that sales were negligible and only diehard fans know these songs doesn't really enter into it, I suppose.

Date: April 14, 2016 16:30

brainer
the new Album could be called " Back to Blues ", with guests Mick Taylor, Buddy Guy ....

It's too good to be true!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 14, 2016 17:13

Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A new Stones album AND a new Jagger album would be great.

And here's why: all the bubble gum pop will end up on the solo effort, leaving the rootsy material for the Stones release.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 14, 2016 22:24

mr edward
Socrates1
GasLightStreet
Socrates1

A new Stones album AND a new Jagger album would be great.

And here's why: all the bubble gum pop will end up on the solo effort, leaving the rootsy material for the Stones release.

Uhhh ..... folks .. I 'seriously' doubt Mick Jagger is working on solo material at the very same time he is working on a new Stones album (.. didn't they go through all that in 1983-84 with the Undercover /She's The Boss debacle which ultimately started WWIII between Mick and Keith .. .. .... VERY seriously doubt that kind of scenario would ever take place again).

Jagger is not working on something solo .. I am quite sure right now his and the entire bands current studio focus (all of them) is the Stones album to come.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-14 22:26 by IanBillen.

Date: April 15, 2016 00:57

Rocky Dijon
mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200
georgelicks
mpj200
georgelicks

You do struggle don't you? I said he understood the validity of Soundscan, yet you conclude that implied it had something to do with the singles charts. You stick to your facts and tell yourself "Plundered My Soul" was a #1 hit single and "Doom and Gloom" was a major hit. After all, there are Billboard Singles Charts that state they were. The fact that sales were negligible and only diehard fans know these songs doesn't really enter into it, I suppose.

I never said either was a "hit", just that the Hot 100 isn't as relavant as it used to be. So don't be a smart *ss. And if you want facts, go back to what I said on this thread in January and get back to me.

Date: April 15, 2016 04:42

Well, I am a smartass, mpj200. At least when I'm in a good mood.

Meantime, I don't recall for certain, but I believe you were the one with info about the London sessions first, correct?

Date: April 15, 2016 05:21

Mick is the greatest too. I’m not trying to drive an imaginary wedge between the Glimmer Twins, and I don’t mean to upset anybody with my logic. What I’m talking about very well may be information from the 4th dimension, and it could also be simple reasoning. Figure it out for yourselves. Let’s look at the facts. Mick says he’s always writing. Dave Stewart mentioned before that Mick has a bunch of unheard material that's already recorded. Mick’s been seen lately, in-between working with the Stones, hanging out with various producers in studio settings. Mick got together with the Stones a few months ago and recorded some blues covers. Wait, what? He got together with the Stones and recorded cover songs?

Connect the dots. On the one hand, you have all this original stuff Mick’s been putting his time and energy into, then he goes and records covers with the Stones. What’s Mick doing with all his original material? Mick is working on a solo project, of course he is. He has been for years. Keith timed his project to not interfere with the Stones’ touring schedule. I can see Mick doing the same thing, releasing his own solo album after the new Stones album. Just don’t be surprised when this happens. I love Crosseyed Heart. Keith and Mick are both monumental artists. Who’s better? Who’s the heart of the Stones? That’s what they’ve got going between them. They’re very competitive with each other. And we’ve enjoyed a lot of Stones magic because of that dynamic thing between Mick and Keith. A Stones blues album makes a lot of sense to me. I think it’s gonna be awesome and it won’t matter who wrote the songs.

Date: April 15, 2016 06:44

Rocky Dijon

Meantime, I don't recall for certain, but I believe you were the one with info about the London sessions first, correct?

Correct.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 15, 2016 07:21

mpj200
Rocky Dijon

Correct.

I as well recall you saying they were recording in London back then when it really was not yet known where the sessions were taking place.

Do you know anything about their 'current' recording endeavors / status.. or their current situation regarding the album... ? Are they recording now? .. (seems they are..at least that is what is reported and Fowler was in The Studio with Keith a few days ago in which he took a picture... seems obvious ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 07:24 by IanBillen.

Date: April 15, 2016 07:27

I hope we get new Stones originals! Hopefully I'm not totally right about what I said. I would enjoy a Mick Jagger solo album down the road. I just thought they were set on the blues covers. Hopefully they're doing other new stuff and writing original songs together.

Date: April 15, 2016 08:50

Only blues covers would be really boring...and Mick knows it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 08:51 by KRiffhard.

Date: April 15, 2016 09:52

I don't think a Stones blues album would be boring at all. Maybe they're doing originals too. I hope they are. But I can see Mick putting out another solo album down the road, after the new Stones album. I want originals. But the way the Stones do covers, they make them sound like originals anyway. Does it matter that the Stones didn't write Just My Imagination? It's still a great Stones song. I'm thinking about a mix now, some originals, some blues, that would be great. But if it's all blues I won't complain.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home