Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Date: January 6, 2016 10:53

GetYerAngie
Nate
The last I heard which was very recently was that it will be a new album and like I said before my source of information regarding this is the best you can get.

I can't believe people are already being negative about it when the band are in the process of making it and you haven't even heard it yet.

Nate

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 6, 2016 11:09

alfadriver85
I disagree. It could be a combination of Who's Next, Beethoven's 5th, Exile on Main Street, James Brown at the Apollo and Revolver and people on would here still complain.

No matter what they produce people are going to dismiss it because it was recorded after 1978.

Well, we already had a new "Exile on Main Street" in 2015 (even when acknowledging all the obvious flaws of such a comparison), and most people including myself were rather pleased about that. Just saying...

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: January 6, 2016 11:12

Nate
The last I heard which was very recently was that it will be a new album and like I said before my source of information regarding this is the best you can get.

I can't believe people are already being negative about it when the band are in the process of making it and you haven't even heard it yet.

Nate

The Stonesfans won't like it no matter what. They are here to revive their youth. And that youth happened before 1978.

What if a song like As Tears Go By would be their new single, Ron Wood playing flute?

Dear Stones, follow your own noses and ignore expectations. (Maybe even when compiling setlists for concerts?)

Date: January 6, 2016 11:19

Nate

Nate

I don't think it's being negative to say that both Mick as Keith seem to get much more out of themselves with their solo-albums (whatever you think of those albums, and whatever their commercial success) than with their obligatory Stones efforts over the past 30 years. I would be pleased if they would really go all for it and work together on something new and exciting and in which they really believe, but if not, I don't see the point. As I think all Stones albums after Undercover were rather pointless, and I could pretty much have done without, despite the occasional one or two good songs on them. I would prefer them doing something they really would love.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 6, 2016 11:26

matxil
Nate

Nate

I don't think it's being negative to say that both Mick as Keith seem to get much more out of themselves with their solo-albums (whatever you think of those albums, and whatever their commercial success) than with their obligatory Stones efforts over the past 30 years. I would be pleased if they would really go all for it and work together on something new and exciting and in which they really believe, but if not, I don't see the point. As I think all Stones albums after Undercover were rather pointless, and I could pretty much have done without, despite the occasional one or two good songs on them. I would prefer them doing something they really would love.

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 6, 2016 11:36

kuenzer
Nate

Nate

The Stonesfans won't like it no matter what. They are here to revive their youth. And that youth happened before 1978.

What if a song like As Tears Go By would be their new single, Ron Wood playing flute?

Dear Stones, follow your own noses and ignore expectations. (Maybe even when compiling setlists for concerts?)

Expectations of good music and real Stones songs...not solo demos with no soul like Doom and Gloom or One More Shot.
There's nothing wrong or negative.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 6, 2016 11:47

kuenzer
Nate

Nate

thumbs up

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 6, 2016 13:00

I wouldn't even mind if they recorded a pure blues album

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 6, 2016 13:11

GetYerAngie
kuenzer
Nate

Nate

thumbs up

confused smiley. Excuse me??

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: January 6, 2016 15:52

kuenzer
Nate

Nate

this is probably the best and most interesting scenario thus-far - hell after the last couple of 'new' songs they've put on compilations the last decade i would be happy if they did something as good and well thought out as "Monkey Grip"...

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 6, 2016 16:21

Meise
I wouldn't even mind if they recorded a pure blues album

I second that!!

thumbs up

Date: January 6, 2016 16:30

Or maybe they could do 8 different cover versions of "Gomper": one reggae, one blues, one soul, etc...

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 6, 2016 16:34

matxil
Or maybe they could do 8 different cover versions of "Gomper": one reggae, one blues, one soul, etc...

Funny.

My girlfriend puts up with my Stones obsession, but she couldn't help herself from making a (negative) comment about Gomper when I was playing Satanic Majesties the other day.

I couldn't understand what the problem was :-)

Date: January 6, 2016 16:39

ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

My girlfriend puts up with my Stones obsession, but she couldn't help herself from making a (negative) comment about Gomper when I was playing Satanic Majesties the other day.

Actually, of all the songs infamous for being really bad, I don't think "gomper" is the worst. I could even imagine it could be made to sound rather good.

Date: January 6, 2016 17:19

matxil
ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

Actually, of all the songs infamous for being really bad, I don't think "gomper" is the worst. I could even imagine it could be made to sound rather good.

The first half of Gomper is excellent, imo. After a while, it sort of falls apart, though.

Date: January 6, 2016 17:27

DandelionPowderman
matxil
ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

The first half of Gomper is excellent, imo. After a while, it sort of falls apart, though.

I've always considered Gomper the Stones first attempt at reggae...grinning smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 6, 2016 17:40

Many of us will have our hopes and fears ahead of this next album. I, for one, hope it is not another loudly-mixed in-your-face attempt like ABB, but would love a more subtle set of songs co-written by M+K and complete with M+K vocal harmonies. I miss those. A basic blues album would be a bit on the dull side, a cop-out, imo, but if that's what they are capable of these days, then so be it. I'll buy it no matter what, and I will enjoy it to some degree. Nevertheless, my hopes are high. I am prepared for disappointment, though-- I will not come on here and complain about how it's not Some Girls or Exile, blah, blah. I know it is highly unlikely we will get a classic sounding Stones album. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that we will get a GOOD Stones album, I mean it could very well end up being the best thing we've heard from them as a band in 30 years. But who knows.

Date: January 6, 2016 17:48

Tate
Many of us will have our hopes and fears ahead of this next album. I, for one, hope it is not another loudly-mixed in-your-face attempt like ABB, but would love a more subtle set of songs co-written by M+K and complete with M+K vocal harmonies. I miss those. A basic blues album would be a bit on the dull side, a cop-out, imo, but if that's what they are capable of these days, then so be it. I'll buy it no matter what, and I will enjoy it to some degree. Nevertheless, my hopes are high. I am prepared for disappointment, though-- I will not come on here and complain about how it's not Some Girls or Exile, blah, blah. I know it is highly unlikely we will get a classic sounding Stones album. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that we will get a GOOD Stones album, I mean it could very well end up being the best thing we've heard from them as a band in 30 years. But who knows.

thumbs up M+K have to play nice in the sandbox for this to happen. I'm optimistic the great vibes from the Zip Code tour will spill over over

Date: January 6, 2016 17:53

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
matxil
ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

I've always considered Gomper the Stones first attempt at reggae...grinning smiley

LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2016 18:19

Maindefender
Tate

thumbs up M+K have to play nice in the sandbox for this to happen. I'm optimistic the great vibes from the Zip Code tour will spill over over

thumbs up

We must remain hopeful and positive despite the last 30+ years worth of sub par material.
Admittedly not an easy task - for them or for us - only time will tell.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 18:50

10 songs with Mick keith Charlie Ronnie everything will be just fine got a good feeling about this new album Stones will not disappoint Trust in glimmer twins people!

Date: January 6, 2016 19:55

DandelionPowderman
matxil
ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

The melody is quite alright, although it always reminded me of a Velvet Underground song (I can't remember the title). It really goes wrong once they go all "experimental".

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:08

I like these comments by Tate just above in the thread. I can't articulate my thoughts that well so I'll piggy-back on what he said. I remain hopeful because I'm sure they can make a nice record. Hope they are doing everything possible to make it happen. That would include not over thinking or over producing it. This could be the most difficult part?

Date: January 6, 2016 21:37

matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil
ChrisL
matxil

Funny.

The melody is quite alright, although it always reminded me of a Velvet Underground song (I can't remember the title). It really goes wrong once they go all "experimental".

lol must have been the times!! I like the VU reference...thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 6, 2016 21:49

ohmercy61
10 songs with Mick keith Charlie Ronnie everything will be just fine got a good feeling about this new album Stones will not disappoint Trust in glimmer twins people!

My sentiments exactly!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 6, 2016 23:34

If it´s half as good as ABB, it´s still a good album.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 6, 2016 23:42

I will buy the New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016 no matter what.
Won't you all buy it you beforehand whiners? Come on. We all own Their Greatest Majesties Request and if not....... you better leave IORR .smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 23:43 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 6, 2016 23:48

RipThisBone
I will buy the New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016 no matter what.
Won't you all buy it you beforehand whiners? Come on. We all own Their Greatest Majesties Request and if not....... you better leave IORR .smileys with beer

You mean On Her Majesty's Secret Service, the Bond movie with George Lazenby? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 23:49 by Maindefender.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2016 00:07

I will always look forward to a new Stones album. But I don't get excited and head to the record store first day anymore. They've broken me of that with a lot of subpar songs. I don't even listen to ABB any longer, though I spun it a few times in the beginning. Rough Justice is great, and couple others. They simply don't have the cohesion and desire they had in the past. I'll be happy if they squeeze out one great single, like Doom & Gloom, and maybe an enjoyable album cut or two. I don't expect anything interesting on bass or keyboards, so that's not a worry. And I think if there is anything interesting it will come from Mick's direction.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2016 00:08

frankotero
I like these comments by Tate just above in the thread. I can't articulate my thoughts that well so I'll piggy-back on what he said. I remain hopeful because I'm sure they can make a nice record. Hope they are doing everything possible to make it happen. That would include not over thinking or over producing it. This could be the most difficult part?

With the high quality of Crosseyed Heart, many a fans' confidence was extremely boosted for a great new Stones album. There's more hope now than there has been in quite awhile.
Keith didn't overthink it, nor was it overproduced, so half the battle is won. Mick did come in with a stockpile of recorded demo's he wrote, so it's really hard to tell which direction this will go - we can only wait and hope for the best.thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home