Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 11, 2016 17:47

Slash: "Remember when we opened for The Stones in '89 and you fell off the stage and had to run all the way around the Olympic track to get back up with us?"

Axl: "uhmmm,No. Wait, was that the time we broke up onstage in front of 80,000 people?"

Slash: "What?! Did we really?"

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 11, 2016 23:59

I would LOVE to know what drugs they have put Axl on. Hes like a completely new man this year. On time, happy, signing well. Has to be drugs right!

Date: August 12, 2016 00:04

Paddy
I would LOVE to know what drugs they have put Axl on. Hes like a completely new man this year. On time, happy, signing well. Has to be drugs right!

Or what kind of drugs they took him off...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 12, 2016 00:10

Paddy

Or the realization he squandered the last 25 years (gulp!). He destroyed the band that gave him everything (fame, money, girls, peace of mind... just kidding for that one).

Rose probably just realized that at 52 he might have been given a 2nd chance with G&R : a new start a big tour and a new album (?).
And in 2019 he'll duet wth Mick on "Salt Of The Earth"... again! >grinning smiley<

Now Axl, beg, plea, or have a sex change but you need to bring Izzy back. thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 12, 2016 12:43

Has anyone else noticed that in some current pictures Axl Rose looks like Roseanne Barr? Just saying... >grinning smiley<

Date: August 12, 2016 14:45

crholmstrom
Has anyone else noticed that in some current pictures Axl Rose looks like Roseanne Barr?

From a litterate guy like you (who reads William Carlos Williams' "Paterson" on the loo) that's low! grinning smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 12, 2016 15:52

I wish Guns N' Roses would play in Europe next year. I can't believe it's been 23 years since I saw them in Stockholm.

Date: August 12, 2016 17:35

Don't worry a stadium tour is being worked on. G&R are worse than the Stones : if you managed to see them in an arena (like I did in 93) you can say "hey I saw them in an intimate setting".
Otherwise it's stadiums stadiums stadiums...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 13, 2016 02:27

dcba
Don't worry a stadium tour is being worked on. G&R are worse than the Stones : if you managed to see them in an arena (like I did in 93) you can say "hey I saw them in an intimate setting".
Otherwise it's stadiums stadiums stadiums...

Just for this tour. It'll be arenas, at least in America, for the rest of their lives after this. They were only able to cash in on this once.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 13, 2016 06:16

AIC is killing the Rooster... again... dat poor Rooster, he aint gonna die [www.periscope.tv]

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 13, 2016 07:42

Kurt

Axl looks as if he's having a great time here!

Date: August 13, 2016 09:50

Axl's having a great time on this tour. It sounds cliche, but he really missed Slash. He's a very complex guy, and also a really emotional one, and its been said he never truly got over the loss of Slash. Which sounds insane, but you see this tour and it seems true. Slash brings legitimacy and is the right foil for him. Thats why they got big. I think Axl is genuinely having the time of his life on this tour. He hasn't looked or sounded this good in years and its not a coincidence.

Date: August 13, 2016 10:05

Maybe it's Angus Young who put him on the right tracks during the AXL/DC tour :
"see I'm one of the biggest rock stars on Earth but after a show I head back to my hotel room and I have a few cups of coffee. No drugs no orgies no tantrums, no parties till noon, nothing. It's a job, man!"

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 14, 2016 01:09

A little review of the Seattle show: Alice in Chains came on early & played for an hour. They were excellent! That band is very tight & I really enjoyed them. With the traditional Friday Seattle traffic jams, I think many people missed them or at least part of their set. It's a pity. Now to the main event. It was an ok show but there was a very weird energy. I think Axl is totally out of his mind & they've got him on some sort of strong psycho-active drugs. The rest of the band was clearly avoiding being in the same space. His voice sounded good but his mannerisms, etc were downright creepy. Slash was awesome all night but never smiled & it was clear he's not into the Chinese Democracy stuff. It just didn't feel like a band. More like a group of musicians on a payday. It was ok as a spectacle & we had a good night. We brought my friend's 15 year old daughter & her friend. It was their first big rock show & they had fun. They sat away from us so they could be on their own but we were close enough so they could find us if there was an issue. There were some Spinal Tap moments, like the fireworks not working during Live & Let Die. I don't think this is going to last in any sort of meaningful way. I'd be happy if they proved me wrong. Overall it was a good night, just not a real meaningful musical experience. Musically, AIC were far better.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: August 14, 2016 14:13

[www.dimeadozen.org]

GUNS 'n ROSES
Century Link Field
Seattle, WA. 2016/08/12

Edirol internal mics - 16/44 bit - Goldwave - CD Wave Editor - TLH - you
Section 112 Row C Seat 14

A 90 degree day and nothing but smiles everywhere. People still couldn't believe they were about to see GnR! Day made even better when
it was announced Alice In Chains would be an opener. Their set will be up tonight or tomorrow. After Slash left the band I practically detested
Axl and the direction he was headed. I grossly underestimated him as he may have been the strongest performer in Seattle! I love to be proved wrong
and that man is singing better than ever. Phenomenal show, average recording. I was about 65% towards back so there's the invevitable crowd noise.
I worked on it some bumping levels etc. I'm sure someone else out there taped it so for now this version will do.

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Slash
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here
Layla - outro
November Rain
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
encore break
Catcher in the Rye
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: August 14, 2016 17:48

I'm not a GnR fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that they are back together and are putting on a great show makes me very happy for some reason.

Date: August 22, 2016 18:20

Dodger Stadium over the weekend!

Date: August 23, 2016 17:19

So the North American tour wrapped up in San Diego last night.
All in all, a huge success.

Axl is off for a few days before he heads out again with AC/DC.
Seriously, who could have guessed that this guy would have the greatest comeback story of the year?!

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: August 23, 2016 20:27

Anyone think a bluray/live album package will come out before Christmas? Make it happen!

Date: August 23, 2016 22:35

JohnnyBGoode
Anyone think a bluray/live album package will come out before Christmas? Make it happen!

AGREED!

Date: September 8, 2016 14:25

Izzy Stradlin confirms via Twitter that they offered him less money and thats why he wasn't involved. If true, which I guess there's no reason to believe it isn't now, f**k those guys. Great tour, but thats a low blow and unfair to the guy who wrote 75% of the setlist you played this summer. Izzy should have gotten equal compensation. Good for him for standing up for it. Sad to see that rumor now confirmed. Very disappointed in the GNR members, but thats nothing new.

Date: September 8, 2016 14:45

Back in 91 Axl wanted Izzy to be demoted to a "per diem" gy like a roadie or a manager. So there's nothing new here.
Back then Slash and Duff protested... Back then...

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 8, 2016 14:55

They are gonna release the Troubadour gig but not until next year.

Date: September 8, 2016 14:59

RollingFreak
Izzy Stradlin confirms via Twitter that they offered him less money and thats why he wasn't involved. If true, which I guess there's no reason to believe it isn't now, f**k those guys. Great tour, but thats a low blow and unfair to the guy who wrote 75% of the setlist you played this summer. Izzy should have gotten equal compensation. Good for him for standing up for it. Sad to see that rumor now confirmed. Very disappointed in the GNR members, but thats nothing new.

75%? thats a little high on the estimate. they played 23 songs usually. 4 were covers and 3 or 4 were from chinese democracy. 5 other songs they play are not credited to izzy at all either. so that means roughly 1/2 of the setlist are songs izzy didn't write

Date: September 8, 2016 19:12

RollingFreak

It is a greedy EpiPen pen world.
So many out to grab every last cent they can. Like Bill Ward not being on the Sabbath tour. Izzy not on this tour. Ace not on the Kiss tour. "They" may say other factors are involved... but it is mostly about pocketing as much cash as they can, no matter that there is sht tons of money being made, plenty of profits to go around, plenty to pay Izzy a full share, plenty being made without charging kids with a food allergy that could kill them $700.00 for an EpiPen that used to cost $60.00 while the product has not been improved one bit in the last 10 years.

That is too bad about Izzy being left out due to greed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-08 19:19 by jambay.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 8, 2016 19:31

RollingFreak

Sounds like something the Eagles would do. I mean did. No Izzy w/ G&R, no Don Felder w/ the Eagles.

I wonder how much a difference it would have made to Axl, Slash & Duff's bottom lines if Izzy would have been offered a full cut vs. salary.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 8, 2016 20:04

Izzy deserves all due respect for his immense contributions to the band but in the end this is a business. I paid my money on this tour to see Slash and Axl together, that's the bottom line. Yes, it would have been awesome to have both Steven and Izzy there but they aren't what is putting bodies in the seats for $100+.

Date: September 8, 2016 20:24

When one looks at the writing credits for Appetite it appears that without Izzy there may not have been a GnR as we know it... some songs not created... maybe the band never signed to a contract... no huge tours... no reunion tours.... there were many many Hollywood bands and good as this one that never made it.

Why not give Izzy his just due?

To offer this man only a 75% cut is disrespectful, a crock of sht and a slap in the face. Again it shows how many many people in this world operate. I guess the promoters knew people mainly wanted to see Slash, Duff and whatshisname... and that has been proven true... but the facts will forever be that for a mere 25% of one mans cut they fkd over a man who helped make this band what it is.

Slash, for the first time ever, I am very disappointed in you.

Date: September 9, 2016 03:29

This tour was always about the cash......Anyone who thought that Izzy and Adler chose not to be on this tour is a moron. Axl/Slash/Duff wanted to split the cash three ways, not five. What a joke of a band.......

Date: September 9, 2016 03:31

mnewman505
Yes, it would have been awesome to have both Steven and Izzy there but they aren't what is putting bodies in the seats for $100+.

Either are Axl and Slash though are they? Some venues have been half empty.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home