Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 15, 2016 15:50

Date: July 15, 2016 16:34

Kurt

when is the last time mick and keith interacted on stage together like that?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:41

keefriffhard4life

when is the last time mick and keith interacted on stage together like that?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 15, 2016 20:13

Ain't Love Grand?!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 15, 2016 21:24

to me that is cheap and doesn't mean anything

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 15, 2016 21:28

Kurt
Ain't Love Grand?!

Yup... several thousand Grand per show for these two. >grinning smiley< It helps building a serious bond!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 17, 2016 05:31

T.O. T.O.NIGHT

Just played Live and Let Die

and now ROCKET QUEEN [www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 05:32 by jambay.

Re: OT: Guns n' Roses on TV
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 17, 2016 12:15

On the french / german TV-channel arte there's today a documentary (2016) about GUNS N' ROSES:

arte France: dimanche, 17 juillet, 22h55 , arte Germany: Sonntag, 17. Juli, 20:15 Uhr

It's also available online:

French version: [www.arte.tv] , german version: [www.arte.tv] .

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 17, 2016 13:12

Kurt

This photo makes me also smile. >grinning smiley< So good to see, that Axl & Slash are friends again. .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 02:39

Saw them last night at Metlife Stadium New Jersey. Absolutely fantastic show, with Lenny Kravitz opening.

Set List
Looney Tunes
The Equalizer (Harry Gregson-Williams song)
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude (Misfits cover) (with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" intro) Duff on vocals
This I Love
Civil War (with "Voodoo Child" outro)
Coma
Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather) (Andy Williams cover)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard Fortus Guitar Duet)
November Rain ("Layla" piano exit intro with Axl Rose playing grand piano)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
Nightrain

Encore:
Patience (with "Angie" by The Rolling Stones snippet as intro)
The Seeker (The Who cover)
Paradise City

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 02:44 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 25, 2016 10:25

Great shows in NJ. My third and fourth shows of the year and my last for a while. Such a professional top notch show. I'd love some more setlist variety but I knew going into the tour the set would mostly be made up of songs they HAD to play. Can't fault them for it, it makes for a hell of a show, they play it amazingly and every fan goes home happy. They did Jersey and New York proud this weekend.

Re: OT: Guns n' Roses on TV
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 17:28

Irix

On the french / german TV-channel arte there's today a documentary (2016) about GUNS N' ROSES:

arte France: dimanche, 17 juillet, 22h55 , arte Germany: Sonntag, 17. Juli, 20:15 Uhr

It's also available online:

French version: [www.arte.tv] , german version: [www.arte.tv] .
Damn, what a GREAT photo. Pure rock'n'roll sleaze.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 17:29 by keefriff99.

Posted by: benito ()
Date: July 25, 2016 20:13

What time have they actually been taking the stage??

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 21:37

benito
9:15-9:30, i'd be in your seat by 9 just to be on the safe side.

Date: July 26, 2016 03:16

benito

It varies from place to place. 9:15-9:30 is generally a good rule, but my safe bet is usually an hour after ticket time. Opener is usually 30-45 minutes, and then about 20-30 minutes of change over. Night 1 Kravitz played from 8:30-9:30, GNR on at 10, night 2 Kravitz played from 8:30-9:30, Guns went on at 9:45.

Date: July 26, 2016 05:15

RollingFreak
Great shows in NJ. My third and fourth shows of the year and my last for a while. Such a professional top notch show. I'd love some more setlist variety but I knew going into the tour the set would mostly be made up of songs they HAD to play. Can't fault them for it, it makes for a hell of a show, they play it amazingly and every fan goes home happy. They did Jersey and New York proud this weekend.

Y'know it's funny you say that RollingFreak. I didn't look online at all to see what they'd been playing. I wanted to be completely surprised. And I was, but after night 1, I said to my buddy, I really don't know what they change for the 2nd night. They played pretty much everything except Don't Cry, which would have been nice instead of say The Seeker, but not in that spot, if you follow. Nice Boys woulda been great in that spot! Really I don't have a single complaint. But I see they only changed Duff's song for the 2nd show. It was one heck of a show, and I'm still listening to it on YouTube!!! I'm actually trying to figure out where it ranks outta all my shows. Didn't think it was a Top 5, but the longer I think about it, I do believe it is. With Lenny Kravitz opening, it was definitely a night for the ages. I think it comes in at #4 all-time for me. That would look something like this:

1. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band at Giants Stadium on The Rising Tour
2. Stones opening night at Fenway
3. Stones at Gillette Stadium 1997 (1st time ever saw them)
4. Guns n Roses 2016
5. Stones at Gillette Stadium 2006

My next five would probably look something like this:
6. Paul McCartney at Yankee Stadium
7. The Who at TDBank Garden, Boston on the Endless Wire tour
8. Celine Dion at the Meadows in Hartford CT 1996
9. Garth Brooks at the Worcester Centrum 1995 or 1996
10. AC/DC at the Meadows on the Ball Breaker tour

For the record, Celine just absolutely blew me away, and I didn't think I'd enjoy the show at all, let alone think it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-26 05:16 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: July 26, 2016 06:26

VoodooLounge13
But I see they only changed Duff's song for the 2nd show.

And Don't Cry replaced Patience, but yeah, just those 2. Would have liked more changes, but again this tour is mostly one night stands in cities so you gotta play all the big songs and the set basically writes itself. My only additions would be I was hoping Bad Obsession came back (that and Double Talkin' Jive were staples of the UYI tour), and knowing they have all these alternate songs that don't get played I'd love them to make their way to the sets more. But otherwise, like you said, its hard to complain.

And as for your top shows, I agree its up there as a pretty perfect one. I particularly like that you listed Paul at Yankee Stadium. I was there for that too and that was a motherf**ker of a show. I saw him a few years before at the Citi Field ones and Yankees was so different and arguably better. Just awesome.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 26, 2016 13:56

I dont think the would tour China,I would love to see Guns N Roses

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 15:05

VoodooLounge13
RollingFreak

Y'know it's funny you say that RollingFreak. I didn't look online at all to see what they'd been playing. I wanted to be completely surprised. And I was, but after night 1, I said to my buddy, I really don't know what they change for the 2nd night. They played pretty much everything except Don't Cry, which would have been nice instead of say The Seeker, but not in that spot, if you follow. Nice Boys woulda been great in that spot! Really I don't have a single complaint. But I see they only changed Duff's song for the 2nd show. It was one heck of a show, and I'm still listening to it on YouTube!!! I'm actually trying to figure out where it ranks outta all my shows. Didn't think it was a Top 5, but the longer I think about it, I do believe it is. With Lenny Kravitz opening, it was definitely a night for the ages. I think it comes in at #4 all-time for me. That would look something like this:

4. Guns n Roses 2016

For the record, Celine just absolutely blew me away, and I didn't think I'd enjoy the show at all, let alone think it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
That was my first EVER concert, let alone the Stones. I was also front-row, Keith's side.

Talk about starting on a high note!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-26 15:05 by keefriff99.

Date: July 27, 2016 00:24

RollingFreak
VoodooLounge13
But I see they only changed Duff's song for the 2nd show.

And Don't Cry replaced Patience, but yeah, just those 2. Would have liked more changes, but again this tour is mostly one night stands in cities so you gotta play all the big songs and the set basically writes itself. My only additions would be I was hoping Bad Obsession came back (that and Double Talkin' Jive were staples of the UYI tour), and knowing they have all these alternate songs that don't get played I'd love them to make their way to the sets more. But otherwise, like you said, its hard to complain.

And as for your top shows, I agree its up there as a pretty perfect one. I particularly like that you listed Paul at Yankee Stadium. I was there for that too and that was a motherf**ker of a show. I saw him a few years before at the Citi Field ones and Yankees was so different and arguably better. Just awesome.

Oh I missed that!! The Don't Cry for Patience swap. Glad I got Patience. Probably my 4th favorite song of theirs. Y'know the McCartney show was the latest I ever got home from a concert. I was parked on the top of a garage and it took 2 hours just to get out of it!! I didn't get home til 6:30am!! Watched the sunrise on the NY Thruway. GNR, I got home at 4:31am, 2nd latest. By the time I got thru the traffic at the GW and the construction to the Throggs Neck to drop off my buddy at his place, it was a long night, but so worth it!!!

Date: July 27, 2016 00:27

keefriff99
VoodooLounge13
RollingFreak

4. Guns n Roses 2016

That was my first EVER concert, let alone the Stones. I was also front-row, Keith's side.

Talk about starting on a high note!

Yeah, you definitely started on a high note, Keefriff99!! Was a great night! I put it 3rd because so many of the songs were still unknown to me at the time, and the energy of the opening night of a world tour was just electrifying, and other than the new songs, which weren't yet out yet (the album didn't come out til that week), no matter what they played at Fenway I would have now been familiar with it!!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 4, 2016 00:46

VoodooLounge13
Saw them last night at Metlife Stadium New Jersey. Absolutely fantastic show, with Lenny Kravitz opening.

Set List
Looney Tunes
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude (Misfits cover) (with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" intro) Duff on vocals
This I Love
Coma
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Nightrain

Encore:
Paradise City

I'm going to see them August 12th Seattle and kinda excited now with your review - Thanks

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 4, 2016 04:35

umakmehrd
VoodooLounge13

Set List
Looney Tunes
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
This I Love
Coma
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Nightrain

Encore:
Paradise City

I'm going to see them August 12th Seattle and kinda excited now with your review - Thanks

Found out today that Alice in Chains opening in Seattle. That was the push over the cliff. For 10 days before the show, I scored some real decent tickets for realistic $. ADA section, front of the upper deck about a third of the way back from the stage. I've sat similar for U2 & the seats were fine. I'm excited!

Date: August 4, 2016 07:23

crholmstrom
Found out today that Alice in Chains opening in Seattle. That was the push over the cliff. For 10 days before the show, I scored some real decent tickets for realistic $. ADA section, front of the upper deck about a third of the way back from the stage. I've sat similar for U2 & the seats were fine. I'm excited!
thumbs up SMART!smileys with beerhot smileydrinking smiley You are gonna have Fun!!! Rock and Roll!!

Lucky the next day is Saturday smileys with beer Hope you dont have to work.

Friday,
August 05
NRG Stadium
Houston, TX
WITH SKRILLEX

Tuesday,
August 09
AT&T Park
San Francisco, CA

Friday,
August 12
CenturyLink Field
Seattle, WA
WITH ALICE IN CHAINS

Monday,
August 15
University of Phoenix Stadium
Glendale, AZ
WITH ZAKK WYLDE, AND TYLER BRYANT & THE SHAKEDOWN

Thursday, AND Friday AT DODGER FREEKIN STADIUM IS GONNA ROCK!!!
August 18/19
Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles, CA

I would love to be at these Dodger shows.

Date: August 4, 2016 07:26

Friday,
August 19
Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles, CA

Monday,
August 22
Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego, CA

Break to count money...

Thursday,
October 27
Estadio Monumental
Lima, PE

on and on [www.gunsnroses.com]

Date: August 4, 2016 07:29

and for anyone tuning in...
it is live right this second [www.periscope.tv]

Date: August 4, 2016 08:06

Kurt

Wonder what song they're doing where Slash seems to be solo-ing on the 12 String.
Also - this is the first time I have seen Axl look pretty good in late era. Did he lose weight? Or is it just that he shaved that mustache off?

Date: August 4, 2016 08:30

Palace Revolution 2000
Wonder what song they're doing where Slash seems to be solo-ing on the 12 String.
Also - this is the first time I have seen Axl look pretty good in late era. Did he lose weight? Or is it just that he shaved that mustache off?
Knockin' On Heaven's Door was the song. As for Axl looking good, its a lot of things. Yeah, he lost a bit of weight. He's still big, but he looks more comfortable with it now and he's in better shape. Also, as you said, he shaved the god awful moustache and ditched the shades and hat (well, shades at least). He looks a lot more natural now. The constantly covering himself up made him look worse, whereas I think now that he just seems to be embracing himself (its not a coincidence that he's no longer wearing scarves and shades and hats to cover his face) he looks much better. I tip my hat to him cause I truly didn't know if he could do it.

Date: August 4, 2016 09:14

live right this second
thumbs up
another good fun show tonight...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-04 11:08 by jambay.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 4, 2016 20:27

crholmstrom
umakmehrd
VoodooLounge13

Set List
Looney Tunes
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
This I Love
Coma
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Nightrain

Encore:
Paradise City

Yes I kinda had a feeling that AIC would open that one from the get go... not sure what took so long to announce - Gonna be a great night !!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home