Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:11

Slash joins Whitford/St. Holmes last night in Nashville.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 18:13 by tatters.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:41

tatters
Slash joins Whitford/St. Holmes last night in Nashville.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]
thumbs up

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:54

Nashville really has a helluva scene down there, doesn't it?

Last year with The Stones right on the heels of the CMA awards, I had a feeling there'd be something in the air. Then the tribute for Bobby Keys at Mercy Lounge ended up being a pretty historic event, plus Paisley ripped it up and brought out some serious talent during his set... Plus Far Away Eyes for the first time for me, and I got to hear it walkin' across the bridge during soundcheck too! What a couple of days!

I hope to get a chance to Rock down there again soon, and believe me, I'll be checking the schedule around town for those several days in the hopes of a surprise like these... Historic moments in time!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:03

Adler really has sth special in his hands. Look how he touches his kit even now... Wow!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:24

I just watched the clip of out to get me and my Michele with Steven Adler on the skins ,he sounded really good sitting behind the kit and Axl looks like Meatloaf and(but he is singing good) looks like he ate him .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 20:35 by TheGreek.

Date: July 8, 2016 20:55

TheGreek
I just watched the clip of out to get me and my Michele with Steven Adler on the skins ,he sounded really good sitting behind the kit and Axl looks like Meatloaf and(but he is singing good) looks like he ate him .
grinning smiley
LOL, yup... like 7 8 9 and Ann ate the rest of Heart grinning smiley

nom nom nom

then 19 fought 20... and 21

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 21:17

jambay
TheGreek
grinning smiley

nom nom nom

and some other bands also , wow i can remember when she looked good but nothing like her sister Nancy

Date: July 8, 2016 22:30

TheGreek
jambay
TheGreek
grinning smiley

nom nom nom

and some other bands also , wow i can remember when she looked good but nothing like her sister Nancy

I saw Heart many times back in the day, they even opened for the Stones one time and Nancy was is very pretty and she is a great guitarist. I love rock and roll women, I really do... rockers Joan, Stevie, Ann, Linda, Lita, Courtney, Chrissie, Debbie, Grace, Samantha.. and more

I hope to see Heart again soon along with Joan... if it is not too damned 150,000 degrees hot

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 22:54 by jambay.

Date: July 9, 2016 09:40

strat72
As much as I like them, it's arenas only in the future for these boys!

here you go. actual news on money/tickets

According to The Wall Street Journal, of the 25 shows the reunited GUNS N' ROSES is playing this summer as part of its "Not In This Lifetime" North American tour, twelve have sold out or are close to it, and concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment says it expects to sell out five more. The average ticket price so far is $130.

While a sold-out crowd of 41,000 saw the tour's opening show in Detroit, only 27,000 came to watch GUNS N' ROSES perform at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. Similarly, GUNS Nā€™ ROSES' first of two shows at Soldier Field in Chicago was sold out, but the second show ā€” which took place this past Sunday ā€” was not as well-attended, with the stadium's upper deck vacant on one side.

Asked by Fortune for a comment, Live Nation responded with the following statement: "GUNS N' ROSES' 'Not In This Lifetime' tour is an unqualified success. Not only is it the #1 rock tour of the summer, it will be one of the top-grossing tours of 2016 and one of the most successful reunion tours of all time. At six shows into the tour, it has already grossed more than $100,000,000 in ticket sales. Live Nation expects to surpass 1 million tickets sold and we congratulate the band on this monumental achievement."

Roux told The Wall Street Journal that Live Nation expects to sell one million tickets, or roughly ninety percent of tickets available, for the "Not In This Lifetime" tour. He added that some of the less well-attended shows were the result of the band playing cities it wanted to play, rather than sticking to the highest population centers that would better guarantee sellouts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-09 09:40 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: July 9, 2016 18:04

For the young at heart - Rock show tonight
Saturday, July 09
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, TN
Chris Somebody opening

Periscope up at ~9:30PM Chicago time

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:32

According to The Wall Street Journal, of the 25 shows the reunited GUNS N' ROSES is playing this summer as part of its "Not In This Lifetime" North American tour, twelve have sold out or are close to it... a sold-out crowd of 41,000 saw the tour's opening show in Detroit, only 27,000 came to watch GUNS N' ROSES perform at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri...Soldier Field second show was not as well-attended.

Asked by Fortune for a comment, Live Nation responded with the following statement: "GUNS N' ROSES' 'Not In This Lifetime' tour is an unqualified success.

Oh it has faults all right... not selling out shows is not a faultless tour. What a LOAD!

Date: July 10, 2016 03:18

jambay
For the young at heart - Rock show tonight
Saturday, July 09
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, TN
Chris Somebody opening

Periscope up at ~9:30PM Chicago time

its chris stapleton. a great new country act. reminds me of travis tritt mixed with bruce springsteen

Date: July 10, 2016 03:40

I will hold back my feelings about both that genre and those two,
because it serves no purpose to speak so ill of them. smoking smiley

More power to anyone who enjoys those types of sounds.

Hour and a half until show time.

Date: July 10, 2016 04:01

jambay
I will hold back my feelings about both that genre and those two,
because it serves no purpose to speak so ill of them. smoking smiley

More power to anyone who enjoys those types of sounds.

Hour and a half until show time.

better than anything else you hear on country radio now

Date: July 10, 2016 06:27

It is freeking awesome that Duff has his moment out front and center at these shows.

Duff seems like one of the best rock and roll dudes

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 10, 2016 06:49

I was at the Kansas City show with my son. It was an awesome display of rock and roll. Slash stole the show. They were better than they were in 93 when we saw them in Omaha.

Date: July 10, 2016 06:57

jambay
It is freeking awesome that Duff has his moment out front and center at these shows.

Duff seems like one of the best rock and roll dudes

I agree. I just wish he'd play "so fine" or a song from his 1993 solo album. so far he's only done the covers from the spaghetti incident that he sang on

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 10, 2016 12:39

I'm very very happy for Steven Adler.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 10, 2016 18:12

The Adler guest spot appears to now be a permanent fixture on the tour, it's pretty wild. Hard to believe these guys put all the bad blood behind them, this whole tour is pretty surreal.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2016 18:14

mnewman505
The Adler guest spot appears to now be a permanent fixture on the tour

Maybe he's used to help sell these "second night" shows...

Date: July 10, 2016 21:19

Kurt

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 21:28 by mnewman505.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 11, 2016 15:37

I hope Steven is showing up tomorrow night. Fingers crossed for an izzy guest spot.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 11, 2016 22:26

Steven being back is phenomenal. So happy about it. Really will be interested in how they use him. Cause I'd assume I'm safe to get him in NJ, but is he touring with them? Doubt it. So where does he show up? Totally random places like Nashville or big markets? It'll be interesting.

Doubtful it means anything for an Izzy guest spot, he should be there, but Steven has made it very clear in the past he'd do it for free, that he just wants to be up there. Izzy, on the other hand, doesn't want to be a spoil sport, but knows his worth and won't be undersold by a band where he wrote most of the material. The rumor is he was offered like 15K to guest every night, while the others got paid 1 mil a show, and Izzy said no. Who knows if its true, but if its the case I completely understand why Steven showed up and Izzy hasn't.

I don't know if Adler is being used to sell second nights, but if he is its a good gimmick, although he should be used more (he'll be the Mick Taylor of this tour). They should bring him out in the encore and have a full Appetite/Lies era encore. It is pretty astounding they are pulling this off. 4 Appetite members on stage, and they all appear to be happy. This is nothing short of a miracle.

Date: July 12, 2016 21:10

Dang, gonna be a busy night tonight... All Star game, scoping GnFnR and Zoo on TV.

Tuesday,July 12 9:30 [twitter.com]
Heinz Field
Pittsburgh, PA
With Wolf Somebody

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 13, 2016 21:27

Latin America, Fall 2016.

[www.gunsnroses.com]

Date: July 13, 2016 21:36

erikjjf
Latin America, Fall 2016.

[www.gunsnroses.com]

BOOM!!!

Monday,
August 22
Qualcomm Stadium
San Diego, CA

Thursday,
October 27
Estadio Monumental
Lima, PE

Saturday,
October 29
Estadio Nacional
Santiago, CL

Friday,
November 04
River Plate Stadium
Buenos Aires, AR

Tuesday,
November 08
Estadio Beira-Rio
Porto Alegre, BR

Friday,
November 11
Allianz Parque
Sao Paolo, BR

Tuesday,
November 15
Pedreira Paulo Leminski
Curitiba, BR

Friday,
November 18
Venue TBD
Rio De Janeiro, BR

Sunday,
November 20
Estadio Nacional
Brasilia, BR

Wednesday,
November 23
Estadio Atanasio Girardot
Medellin, CO

Saturday,
November 26
Estadio Nacional
San Jose, CR

November 4 2016 - Richter scales could be set off in the Southern hemisphere

Date: July 13, 2016 22:24

No Adler last night in Pittsburgh?

Date: July 14, 2016 01:38

mnewman505
No Adler last night in Pittsburgh?

I dont know if he was there or not, I was too distracted last night and I forgot about the time zones so when I finally punched in they were played the Seeker... which I dont understand... and the scope was not strong... so I ditched it to watch the end of the All Star game. But I intend to check in on the next show. It is fun.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: July 14, 2016 07:49

Also good to see Axl up and moving around again. It even looks like he's shed a few pounds. Keep him running around. Ward off fat Axl at all costs.

Also good to see him dressing like himself again. I have no idea what was up with wigger Axl as well as slick no eyebrows botox face Axl.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 14, 2016 16:17

No Adler in pittsburgh.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home