Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Knebworth again?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:09

Really crossing my fingers on this. I love the whole camping out early for a spot up front in GA scene. I find that the meeting other fans and atmosphere is fab smileys with beer That was my experience of both HP shows, marred by the odd fight in the crowd. If this does happen, I hope the crowd control and security is much better than at Hyde Park (which was piss poor imho).

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:20

Funny, I arrived in London much too late for the front row run and ended up second row. During the show I gave up that spot and went back about 20m because the stage was so high.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:23

Nikkei
Is Knebworth a regular kind of festival with camping, several stages and headliners, one-day tickets and stuff?
Or is it more like Hyde Park, where the headliner IS the festival?

There you go........ [www.knebworthhouse.com] ......

Date: June 1, 2015 16:26

Thanks for the link. Btw, does anyone know who that dude is? Fabulous dress-up.
I promised to send him the pictures and then couldn't because something with his email adress was wrong.

Date: June 1, 2015 17:11

Nikkei
Funny, I arrived in London much too late for the front row run and ended up second row. During the show I gave up that spot and went back about 20m because the stage was so high.

Hi Nikkei,

That stage WAS high in Hyde Park, now that I remember. For Show 1 I was about 15m from the front and 4m from the catwalk Ronnie Side. I think that was about right. I did wonder how good it would have been for the up-front people. All those camera rigs everywhere to film Sweet Summer Sun were a pain too. Love that fellow's Mick '69 outfit winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:32

2015 or 2016 - bring it on!

Date: June 1, 2015 17:39

Green Lady
2015 or 2016 - bring it on!

Nah - 2015, PLEASE! Can't wait and can't be bothered flying over to the US/Canada winking smiley they tacked Hyde Park onto the end of a US tour 2 years ago so they can do it again. Come on Charlie! You know it makes sense winking smiley (The other 3 are supposedly well up for it). A few of the local papers in the Knebworth area are apparently carrying the story too now.

Date: June 1, 2015 18:37

grzegorz67
Nikkei

Hi Nikkei,

That stage WAS high in Hyde Park, now that I remember. For Show 1 I was about 15m from the front and 4m from the catwalk Ronnie Side. I think that was about right. I did wonder how good it would have been for the up-front people. All those camera rigs everywhere to film Sweet Summer Sun were a pain too. Love that fellow's Mick '69 outfit winking smiley

A perk for the front row was the direct access to water. I remember constantly passing plastic cups to the people behind me.

Date: June 1, 2015 18:57

Nikkei
grzegorz67
Nikkei

Hi Nikkei,

I remember those cups of water being passed around. One of the few things security did well that day. Crowd Control was appalling and so too initial entry for those turning up early. They were useless at dealing with fights - anyone causing trouble was invariably allowed back in again, only to repeat their behaviour. I read there were similar issues at BST Festival 2014 duting the Libertines set. If Knebworth happens, I do hope they organise it properly as it holds 130,000 for festival type shows, double what Hyde Park takes.

A perk for the front row was the direct access to water. I remember constantly passing plastic cups to the people behind me.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:00

I contacted some nice person there I know and asked for any details on this.
As soon as I get any answer, I'll let you know!

Date: June 1, 2015 19:02

The weirdest thing about security was after the show, when they kind of chain-linked their arms into each other in an effort to usher us to another exit. They acted so damn ridiculous...

Date: June 1, 2015 19:07

Nikkei
The weirdest thing about security was after the show, when they kind of chain-linked their arms into each other in an effort to usher us to another exit. They acted so damn ridiculous...

They certainly did act ridiculously. Anyone remember the guy in charge of GA Entrance at the top end of the Park ? Loud shouty guy with long dreadlocks bundled into a baseball cap. Shouted at his staff and the waiting crowd of early arrivals, herding us all around for 2 hours and on some kind of power trip, teasing us all about letting us in before finally letting us in. Same (unneccessary) behaviour at both shows. Prat !!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:55

any word from the insiders if Knebworth is a go this summer?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:53

Ket
any word from the insiders if Knebworth is a go this summer?

Ditto

\m/

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:32

Please come to Knebworth, I am begging you!grinning smiley

Date: June 3, 2015 23:49

desertblues68
Please come to Knebworth, I am begging you!grinning smiley

Yep, me too. Don't care if it's a standard warhorse set, just come and play !

pleeeeeeeeaaaase !!!!!!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 4, 2015 01:14

This article from the local newspaper seems to indicate that the owners of Knebworth House know nothing about the rumoured concert:

"The managing director of Lytton Enterprises / Knebworth Estates would love to see the Stones return.

Martha Lytton Cobbold told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were just as amazed and excited as others to read of The Rolling Stones interest in playing Knebworth Park this summer.

“There are no plans at present, but we are delighted to know they are interested.

“2016 would be the 40th anniversary of their 1976 performance here, so would be the most likely time for such a show – but we would be thrilled to have them play Knebworth again!”

She added: “While we would be delighted to host the Rolling Stones at Knebworth again, it is just a wonderful suggestion at the moment.

“We do not have any information on a proposed concert for the Rolling Stones.”"
[www.whtimes.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 01:25 by Deltics.

Date: June 4, 2015 01:23

It would also appear that the Knebworth Country Show is happening on the weekend (August 15-16) proposed for the gig.

Set in the beautiful Park at Knebworth House this Family Country Show is now in its 5th year. All day entertainment includes The Sheep Show, ferret racing, birds of prey, working dogs, children’s entertainment with Devilstick Peat plus Circus Skills Workshop, Knights of Honour medieval village & as well as arts, crafts, gifts and food marquees.

[www.knebworthhouse.com]

I don't see this gig happening this year. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 01:43 by Deltics.

Date: June 4, 2015 14:25

They could Still cancel the fair or do it another Saturdaysmoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:35

Why does the whole article sound like completely made up? At least they could copy-and-paste something else than the old "Apparently Mick, Keith and Ronnie are up for doing the gig, but it's drummer Charlie who needs persuading." eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 17:25 by Happy24.

Date: June 4, 2015 14:41

Could possibly be crap, it is true, but I still live in hope that it Will happengrinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 15:19

Cant see it myself, but would love to be proven wrong.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 5, 2015 19:03

I really hope this happens.

Nate thumbs up

Any one going to the Knebworth on the 15th Aug if they play
Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:47

Knebworth Sat.15th Aug England

Re: Any one going to the Knebworth on the 15th Aug if they play
Date: June 7, 2015 15:50

If they play... I'm there in a New York Minute!!! cool smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:51

Crazy how serious people take publications like The Mirror and The Sun

Date: June 7, 2015 16:00

So what if it ain't legit. Let's just blow this out of proportion for good fun! Can't hurt.

Date: June 7, 2015 16:05

Knebworth Country Fair August 15 and 16 2015

Date: June 7, 2015 16:07

Family Country Show - that's lovely. Stones are just the cherry on the top.

Date: June 7, 2015 16:11

"We do not have any information on a proposed concert for the Rolling Stones"

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home