Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Rolling Stones set to play Knebworth this summer?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 18, 2015 20:25

crumbling_mice
Well now the Knebworth rumour has been put to bed, what's the chance of them returning to play Roundhay park Leeds...I was at the one in 1982 and it was a fantastic show as the official release shows. It's been a while since they played a show in Northern England and since I only live 14 miles from the park I'd be delighted!

Leeds for a one off gig seriously ?

If they did a few shows in the UK then maybe yes but for a one off gig in the UK then it has to be London or the surrounding area.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:17

MarthaTuesday
I was actually thinking of cancelling this morning but decided I might as well hold on. I know it doesn't look likely but I can cancel for free right up to the morning of 15th so no problem holding on a little longer.

Same here will cancel on the 14thsmileys with beer

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:56

Rolling Stones.
So let it roll.
Don´t cancel.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:55

I reckon they will still do it. They denied Glastonbury up until the last minute. They are on tour this year, they are oiled and ready to go, why wouldn't they do it?? And perhaps more to the point, why would they do it next year when they have nothing else happening. I don't see them doing a one-off so if it's going to happen it will be this year.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 19, 2015 21:46

john lomax
I reckon they will still do it. They denied Glastonbury up until the last minute. They are on tour this year, they are oiled and ready to go, why wouldn't they do it?? And perhaps more to the point, why would they do it next year when they have nothing else happening. I don't see them doing a one-off so if it's going to happen it will be this year.

They did not deny it until the last minute, they confirmed it in March, a full three months before the festival.
[www.rollingstones.com]
We are now fast approaching the end of June and the Stones don't finish their North American dates until the middle of July and there has been no official announcement yet.
There is a very good reason for that. It ain't happening and it never was going to happen.
All of this speculation has been sparked by a single report in the Sun On Sunday which was repeated by the Daily Mirror (citing the Sun as its source), neither of which are the most reliable of rags and we've all been suckered by it.
The proposed date had always been earmarked for the Country Fair and it is far too late for Knebworth and Oakliegh Fairs to either cancel, relocate or reschedule.
As yet we have no idea what they have planned for next year.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 21:50 by Deltics.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:02

I heard they're doing Blackbushe.....................grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 21:35 by EddieByword.

Date: June 19, 2015 22:09

Still hoping its going to happen, won't cancel my room til 14th August or
til something ist oficial.confused smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:13

Deltics
john lomax

They did not deny it until the last minute, they confirmed it in March, a full three months before the festival.
[www.rollingstones.com]
We are now fast approaching the end of June and the Stones don't finish their North American dates until the middle of July and there has been no official announcement yet.

There is a very good reason for that. It ain't happening and it never was going to happen.
All of this speculation has been sparked by a single report in the Sun On Sunday which was repeated by the Daily Mirror (citing the Sun as its source), neither of which are the most reliable of rags and we've all been suckered by it.
The proposed date had always been earmarked for the Country Fair and it is far too late for Knebworth and Oakliegh Fairs to either cancel, relocate or
reschedule.

I am not saying it will or won't happen who knows but one thing is for sure everyone and everything has a price money talks and the Rolling Stones are a much bigger draw than a bunch of shepards with some home made cheese to sell.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 19, 2015 22:19

Nate
Deltics
john lomax

[www.rollingstones.com]

The proposed date had always been earmarked for the Country Fair and it is far too late for Knebworth and Oakliegh Fairs to either cancel, relocate or
reschedule.

I am not saying it will or won't happen who knows but one thing is for sure everyone and everything has a price money talks and the Rolling Stones are a much bigger draw than a bunch of shepards with some home made cheese to sell.

thumbs up

Date: June 19, 2015 22:34

JivingSisterFanny
Nate
Deltics
john lomax

[www.rollingstones.com]

reschedule.

thumbs up

Enjoy yourselves at the Country Show guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 23:43 by Deltics.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 15:30

Is this #StonesIsm? What is #StonesIsm? Stones in the summer? Stones in Knebworth? Is this happening? Gimme news! I'm impatient.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 21, 2015 17:36

Deltics
JivingSisterFanny
Nate
Deltics
john lomax

[www.rollingstones.com]

reschedule.

thumbs up

Enjoy yourselves at the Country Show guys!

That bunch of shepherds are their regular customers, and they're not about to upset them for some one off rock gig, even if the logistics of moving a two day event that's a fixture in the local calendar for thousands of people were feasible. We are talking about a big event here. If Knebworth happens this year it's not going to happen that weekend.

Date: June 25, 2015 13:02

I'm putting this one up again. Announcement can't be too long away, if it's happening. Only 7 weeks to go.

BV. What d'you think? Are you going to go on your bike race on the 15th? Is this related to #StonesIsm btw? Can't tease that one for long, too.

Date: June 25, 2015 13:14

BREAKING NEWS
The Rolling Stones will be appearing at this year's Knebworth Country Show on August 15.
Organisers have rearranged the schedule and the band will play an afternoon slot in between the jousting knights and the sheep dog trials.
Tickets are still available.
tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 13:19

>grinning smiley<

Date: June 25, 2015 13:25

Deltics
BREAKING NEWS
The Rolling Stones will be appearing at this year's Knebworth Country Show on August 15.
Organisers have rearranged the schedule and the band will play an afternoon slot in between the jousting knights and the sheep dog trials.

Dude, we know there's the Country Show. But they could use another date mid- to end-August. Couldn't they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 13:25 by Karlos123.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 25, 2015 13:33

Right!

And please keep in mind:

Zip Code was announce on March 31. Just 6 1/2 weeks before San Diego!!

So wait for the next couple of days.

Second: if you don´t have a sense for dreaming around what might be possible just

move to another thread. It´s just one klick away. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 14:55

Karlos123
Deltics
BREAKING NEWS

Dude, we know there's the Country Show. But they could use another date mid- to end-August. Couldn't they?

If we're to believe that there was ever even a kernel of truth in the original stories in the press, then perhaps the most telling part is this:

"The band want to make sure they don’t clash with the bigger UK festivals so the most likely date they are throwing out there is August 15 — the Saturday before the V Festival."

The V Festival is indeed happening on the weekend of August 22-23 in Chelmsford and Staffordshire.
[www.thefestivalcalendar.co.uk]

You might then ask, what about the weekend of August 29-30?
That's the August Bank Holiday weekend and the very long established Reading and Leeds Festivals always take place then.
[www.seetickets.com]

That weekend is also when Knebwoth have their "Classic Car Show and Vintage Fair".
[www.knebworthhouse.com]

It's possible that plans for a return to Knebworth on the 15th were considered and that enquiries were made but they would have been quickly shelved once it became clear that the date wasn't available.
I think we can safely rule out any open air gigs this August. As for September, October, November or December, who knows?

caschimann, there's nothing wrong with dreaming but eventually you have to wake up!
Having been the one who started this thread, I think I have every right to make further comments, even if it is to pour cold water on it!
smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 15:38 by Deltics.

Date: June 25, 2015 15:05

You're saying it. V Fest is in Chelmsford. August 22nd in Knebworth it is then. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 25, 2015 15:06

I heard over the weekend a rumour that the Stones had 'fed the rumour of Knebworth to the press' on the day Sticky Fingers was released to gain publicity for SF........

ie......HOT NEWS....STONES TO PERFORM AT KNEBWORTH IN AUGUST.....btw they've also just released a deluxe SF........... (believe what thou wilt........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 15:07 by EddieByword.

Date: June 25, 2015 15:13

EddieByword
I heard over the weekend a rumour that the Stones had 'fed the rumour of Knebworth to the press' on the day Sticky Fingers was released to gain publicity for SF........

ie......HOT NEWS....STONES TO PERFORM AT KNEBWORTH IN AUGUST.....btw they've also just released a deluxe SF........... (believe what thou wilt........

I thought the deluxe SF was just a rumour.

Date: June 25, 2015 15:19

Deltics
EddieByword

I thought the deluxe SF was just a rumour.

lol...well, with the dearth of new stuff compared with SG and Exile I guess it was..........cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 15:19 by EddieByword.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:18

thumbs downeye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rikards ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:19

Bumping this up again, since the Rolling Stones Facebook page posted something with 'London' highlighted. Could it be? [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:26

yes

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:27

I don't believe Knebworth will happen. I hope I am wrong. I think, for sure, that South America is going to happen.

Either way I will be at as many show as I can.

Wherever I go they treat me the same.

Tim

Date: June 28, 2015 12:34

This has to be intentional...I think it's confirmed that something is happening in or around London this summer. Has to be. I'm in! Maybe not Knebworth, but maybe somewhere else.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:39

If The Stones are happening in London this summer, I am there.

My fingers are crossed.

Tim

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:40

I wished they said something one way or the other as I am trying to organise a short trip somewhere and cancel my room in Stevenage, but do not want to miss them if they came to the UK. Well the frien I am travelling with always organises things at the last minute, and in this istance I am always so gratefulsmileys with beer

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 28, 2015 13:28

desertblues68
I wished they said something one way or the other as I am trying to organise a short trip somewhere and cancel my room in Stevenage, but do not want to miss them if they came to the UK. Well the frien I am travelling with always organises things at the last minute, and in this istance I am always so gratefulsmileys with beer

I'm usually like your friend being last minute (and I know it can be infruriating when trying to make plans) - but this time it would be good to know soon as I'm planning several weekends away over the next month or so....Then again, I almost prefer not knowing because at least it keeps the hope alive!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home