Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Knebworth again?
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:18

[www.iorr.org]

"When the Stones do not tour, I do uphill running almost every week during summer, and I have a major one scheduled for August 15, Skåla Opp (unless something else is happpening on that date)."

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:44

skyhawk
[www.iorr.org]

"When the Stones do not tour, I do uphill running almost every week during summer, and I have a major one scheduled for August 15, Skåla Opp (unless something else is happpening on that date)."

Very interesting.smiling smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:56

I think I've bust a button on me trousers!

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:03

I have great memories of the oak tree on the right me and my mates sat near it for approximately 21 hours from being among the first into Knebworth until the end of Zeppelins set on 4th August 1979.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 23:17 by carouslambra.

Re: Rolling Stones set to play Knebworth this summer?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:22

<<"The band want to make sure they don’t clash with the bigger UK festivals...">>

Well what is that supposed to mean? How does their presence at one festival cause problems for other festivals? You mean if a large number of people see them at Knebworth, fans'll be too shadoobied to take in any more festivals that summer?

<<Apparently Mick, Keith and Ronnie are up for doing the gig, but it's drummer Charlie who needs persuading.>>

Now why would this be? What happened to the guy who once said simply, "I play the drums for Mick and Keith?" and "Well, it's work, innit?" and who once complained about "five years working, twenty years hanging around"? It seems he now prefers the hanging around part to working.

Charlie Watts, the coolest most unenthusiastic man in rock.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 9, 2015 23:39

huh, going mad about a rumor of a huge open-air show?? That won't be a club show nor a reprise of 1976 just another greatest hits open air show (not to mention the ticket prices)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:16

a bigger nut
skyhawk
[www.iorr.org]

Very interesting.smiling smiley

Indeed winking smiley. Just read that. I'm tentatively hoping there's something afoot here and perhaps that's Bjornulf subtly alluding to it, as he does smiling smiley. We are their home country and it's almost 2 years since they last played here! OK for an event on that scale, it IS likely to be a standard big hits show but hell, I'd go and queue up for a whole day if need be for a front spot.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:21

I am afraid my uphill race on August 15 will have to go if it seems like their plans about Knebworth are happening.

Bjornulf

Date: June 10, 2015 00:46

Bjornulf, there will be plenty of other uphill races in August for you I'm sure. Especially in Norway! Do they have any other kind of race there ( apart from downhill ones! >grinning smiley< )

Please, please ,please wave your magic wand and make this happen winking smiley...

they do read this board so they must know the demand would be there. not just from Brits but from nearby Europeans willing to travel. The Stones have a huge cult following amongst teenagers of today. My friend's 16yo daughter is mad keen to see them.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 10, 2015 00:46

carouslambra
I have great memories of the oak tree on the right me and my mates sat near it for approximately 21 hours from being among the first into Knebworth until the end of Zeppelins set on 4th August 1979.

Ha...you must have been right near me...I was about 30 yds to the left of it, so yeah it was on my right too (see page 1 of this thread...................small world as they say......

edit - I was there on the 11th.........eye rolling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 12:51 by EddieByword.

Date: June 10, 2015 00:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 00:55 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:40

stonehearted
<<"The band want to make sure they don’t clash with the bigger UK festivals...">>

Well what is that supposed to mean? How does their presence at one festival cause problems for other festivals? You mean if a large number of people see them at Knebworth, fans'll be too shadoobied to take in any more festivals that summer?

<<Apparently Mick, Keith and Ronnie are up for doing the gig, but it's drummer Charlie who needs persuading.>>

Now why would this be? What happened to the guy who once said simply, "I play the drums for Mick and Keith?" and "Well, it's work, innit?" and who once complained about "five years working, twenty years hanging around"? It seems he now prefers the hanging around part to working.

Charlie Watts, the coolest most unenthusiastic man in rock.

He's still very enthusiastic about "playing drums for Mick and Keith". drinking smiley
He's just not much of an outdoor drummer.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:55

bv
I am afraid my uphill race on August 15 will have to go if it seems like their plans about Knebworth are happening.

If.
So you don't know anything...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:22

Dreamer
bv

If.

Nothing is official until it is confirmed in public.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 10, 2015 02:29

I agree they better hold their horses with announcements before they have taken care of the #1 Knebworth Requirement:

Date: June 10, 2015 03:12

bv
Dreamer
bv

If.

Nothing is official until it is confirmed in public.

Dreamer,

Read between the lines! That doesn't mean that he doesn't know anything. If he did, would he say so on here, before a public announcement ? Yeah, right.

Bjornulf, keep up the tease. We love it grinning smiley. (Well most of us do anyway).

Personally I'd watch the Stones play a full set of warhorses at nearby Stevenage Sewage Works if that's where the gig was >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 16:10 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 10, 2015 03:44

grzegorz67
If he did, would he ssy so on here, before a pubic announcement ? Yeah, right.

don't know if i should even ask...

Date: June 10, 2015 11:23

Nikkei
grzegorz67

Oops. Tired late night Typo. Very embarrassing. Now fixed the original thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 11:25 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 10, 2015 11:54

Sorry I had fought myself and lost... left it sitting there for half an hour before, mind ya.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 12:15

I really hope this is true :-)

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 13:26

Just in case just booked a room at the Ibis Hotel in Stevenage, free cancellation if my travel plans change. >grinning smiley<

Date: June 10, 2015 13:39

I live 100 miles away so can drive at very short notice thumbs up Though it would mean getting home at 5am or something crazy.

I've got a strong feeling there's something in this. Whenever Knebworth hosts concerts, it's invariably in August as it was for the Stones in '76. IMHO, it's not the nicest venue - just a big sloping field with the stage at the bottom of the slope in the middle of Hertfordshire and not especially easy to get to. Traffic around it is horrendous for shows and usually poorly managed. But hey, for the Stones always worth it. I got soaked through at the Malieveld in Den Haag in 1998 but even that was worth it.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 13:58

desertblues68
Just in case just booked a room at the Ibis Hotel in Stevenage, free cancellation if my travel plans change. >grinning smiley<

I did the same thing. really I hope we could drink a beer at the hotel bar after the show together :-)

Date: June 10, 2015 14:13

hockenheim95
desertblues68

I did the same thing. really I hope we could drink a beer at the hotel bar after the show together :-)
Definitelysmileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 10, 2015 14:15

grzegorz67
Nikkei
grzegorz67

Oops. Tired late night Typo. Very embarrassing. Now fixed the original thumbs up

Oh dear, almost lost my coffee laughing at this one...add this to the list of epic fail typos, please. grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 10, 2015 14:21

120.000 people....no, dont think i will be going.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 14:27 by corriecas.

Date: June 10, 2015 14:25

latebloomer
grzegorz67
Nikkei
grzegorz67

Oh dear, almost lost my coffee laughing at this one...add this to the list of epic fail typos, please. grinning smiley

OK, Egg wiped from face. We all do an embarrassing typo,once in a while eye rolling smiley I didn't know there was a list. So I can be added to the hall of shame sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 14:28 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 10, 2015 14:32

grzegorz67
latebloomer
grzegorz67
Nikkei
grzegorz67

OK, My head is hung in shame. We all do one, once a while eye rolling smiley
Of course we do, you should see some of my typos. Nothing to be ashamed of...you made me laugh grzegorz67, and for that, I thank you! smiling smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 14:52

This would be fantastic news.

Date: June 10, 2015 15:02

Only live about 20 miles away but don't have a car so transport might problematic, so booked a place in Stevenagesmileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home