Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:20

Hi all.

Thank you so much to all those who have posted pics, videos and reports.
I feel I can attend the tour right from home.
Well, itsn´t the same thing, but these days, you will be the eyes and and the ears of thousands of fans.
Thank you so much.
Enjoy the shows.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:28

So it is unanimous, the Stones still kick ass at an age most people are retired for 10 years. These guys are special, it is in their DNA, they were born to do this and it makes me happy to see that they can make so many people happy.

It is great reading through the comments from people who were at the show and saying how good it was. Of course we have to go through the hassle of scrolling by the usual supsects who are doing what they always do (complaining about set lists) but at this point they are comic relief, they can not be taken seriously. The set list compainers are as out of touch as senile ole Gramps and they just can not grasp the fact that all of their set list complaining is not going to change at thing. All the complaints do is clog the threads, which is probably their objective.

I would love to hear this set list at my upcoming shows.

Cause, I'm just about a moonlight mile, on down the road... so sweet

I am very happy The Stones "passed the audition"
They still "have it" and they are rolling my way... YAY!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 23:29 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Mojoworkin ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:29

We had to ask for another seat as our view from our field-level seats were totally obstructed by the tents on the field. I know our tickets said "obstructed view" but this was ridiculous. The security was nice and found us seats on a higher level but with a good view of the stage on Ronnie's side. The sound was too loud and muddy/distorted IMO, but we ignored this and enjoyed it anyway. I have seen the Stones over a couple of dozen times starting when I was a teenager in 1975 and this show was no less exciting than the first time. I will never get tired of them and I was thrilled that I got to go (it almost didn't happen). This is a must-see tour so if you were on the fence like I was - just GO!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:46

Disappointing set list but what r u gonna do

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:55

potus43

dunno...maybe stop complaining about it?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:55

Leonioid
It is great reading through the comments from people who were at the show and saying how good it was. Of course we have to go through the hassle of scrolling by the usual supsects who are doing what they always do (complaining about set lists) but at this point they are comic relief, they can not be taken seriously. The set list compainers are as out of touch as senile ole Gramps and they just can not grasp the fact that all of their set list complaining is not going to change at thing. All the complaints do is clog the threads, which is probably their objective.

[/b]

Max is that really you? What happened to you man, why do you spend so much time complaining about and dissing other posters? Everybody's entitled to their opinion, imo. Some of the set list complaints are by people who've seen dozens of shows and are entitled somewhat to expect different songs. To use your own advice, complaining about the complainers isn't going to change a thing and just clogs up the thread and worse creates bad feelings among us fans. Not everyone is going to be totally jazzed about every aspect of the Stones these days, it doesn't make them senile ole gramps and makes it even more interesting when they talk about what makes the Stones so great. Ease up on that fan dissing stuff please, this board is much better when we stick to the true subjects of our love and sometimes disappointment...The Rolling Stones.

peace

Date: May 25, 2015 23:58

Naturalust
Leonioid

Get off my back, I told you that 5 times already,
you are not the IORR cop... stop stalking my posts

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:00

I give it a 9.5 out of 10.
The -.5 is due to the inclusion of Doom and Gloom haha.
Otherwise a stellar show in very respect.

Had a great aisle seat in A4 row 34 for half of the show, and then was able to meander up to row 18 same section/aisle and squeeze in with friends who had tickets there.
Standing room only everywhere I saw on the floor, and it was a chaotic mob in the aisle walkway behind section A1-A8.
Attempted to go for a beer run during Doom and Gloom, but made it about 10 feet in the thoroughfare and thought twice.
Decided it wasn't worth the mob scene and probably would have taken an hour to get there and back.

With a setlist that contains JJF, ADTL, Bitch, Moonlight, CYHMK, SFM, and MR, where is the room to complain and whine?
And as far as I'm concerned, no show - stadium or otherwise - is complete without Gimme Shelter or Satisfaction.
Throw in the rest of the the well oiled warhorses, and you have what sums up to be the quintessential Stones show.

For all the negative armchair quarterbacks* out there, you can second guess and critique all you like, but unless you were actually there your opinions are somewhat useless and meaningless.
With that said, I find it interesting to read all reviews - positive, negative, or somewhere in between.

To those who were at the show, be thankful and grateful we were able to witness The Stones once again. Everyone I know who was there left the show with a huge grin and floating on air.

And again to the negative armchair quarterbacks - get a life and go see The Stones! It's 2015, and the show won't go on forever.

*armchair quarterback is an American term that refers to someone who doesn't participate in an action but still makes judgments about it.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:01

potus43

next time you'll get ygmr.
satisfied?

Date: May 26, 2015 00:01

Report him!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:03

DeanGoodman
Great quote from fan, aged 64, in today's San Diego Union-Tribune (don't see it online yet): "At our age we have to start thinking about what kind of world we'll leave behind for Keith Richards."

That observation was posted here about a month ago, as a caption to a lovely photo of Keith in New York in March

Ah here it is: www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2156228,2156344 - from KeithfnRichards

Thanks and praises to everyone for the fantastic photos and videos - it was a brilliant show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 00:06 by with sssoul.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:03

treaclefingers
potus43

My opinion sweetie

Date: May 26, 2015 00:06

Anyone still complaining about stadium set lists is as out of touch as senile ole grand pa... or they are really U2 fans and just here to ruin the party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 00:59 by Leonioid.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:07

potus43
Report him!

who's him ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:09

potus43
treaclefingers
potus43

My opinion sweetie

And, well, I do appreciate that opinion!

I was only doing my level best to try and answer it!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:11

Leonioid

Quit shamelessly dissing other posters and I'd have nothing to respond to. I certainly don't stalk your posts, it's hard to avoid them. I'm just trying to nicely point out that complaining about posters serves no purpose. This is about the Stones not your personal feelings for other posters who feel differently than you. It's about common courtesy and respect for others, even those with different opinions than yours.

Don't like that Mr. X doesn't like the set list, post what you like about it instead of calling Mr. X a senile grumpy ole man. Pretty simple really.

peace

Date: May 26, 2015 00:16

treaclefingers
potus43
treaclefingers
potus43

My opinion sweetie

And, well, I do appreciate that opinion!

I was only doing my level best to try and answer it!
Cool

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:22

Naturalust
Leonioid

Quit shamelessly dissing other posters and I'd have nothing to respond to. I certainly don't stalk your posts, it's hard to avoid them. I'm just trying to nicely point out that complaining about posters serves no purpose. This is about the Stones not your personal feelings for other posters who feel differently than you. It's about common courtesy and respect for others, even those with different opinions than yours.

Don't like that Mr. X doesn't like the set list, post what you like about it instead of calling Mr. X a senile grumpy ole man. Pretty simple really.

peace

I'm hearing even hints of grumpiness in places like BV's review. It's not the end of the world. It's one thing to extend the band's life to where they're entertaining kajillions of fans, it's another to extend it just to play Sympathy for the millionth time. Long may they entertain a mass audience. Just give me Stick Finger Deluxe and everyone will be happy.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:26

Naturalust
Leonioid

peace

You are the least peaceful poster here, you are a hypocrite.

UNLIKE you I did not attack someone directly. I did not reply to anyone's post in particular LIKE YOU DO ALL THE TIME, but then again I do not see myself as the IORR police like you do.

I made general comment in general about set list complainers...
if someone feels it was about them then.... think about it.

Post you opinion I will post mine. Stop stalking my posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 00:52 by Leonioid.

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:27

Thanks for great pics and videos, can't wait next show smileys with beer

The Stones rocks!

-----------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:27

Naturalust
Leonioid

peace

thumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:28

andrewt
DandelionPowderman
CYHMK was great.

Really? From the clip online, it sounds like the guitar solo never took off, then went into the ending early, then kind of went somewhere before ending again.

Lisa Fischer told me she thought "Ronnie tore it up"….

Date: May 26, 2015 00:32

roller99
andrewt
DandelionPowderman
CYHMK was great.

Really? From the clip online, it sounds like the guitar solo never took off, then went into the ending early, then kind of went somewhere before ending again.

From all the clips I have seen and the reviews I have read Ronnie and the whole band did great, they were on fire. It is great to see.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:37

with sssoul
DeanGoodman
Great quote from fan, aged 64, in today's San Diego Union-Tribune (don't see it online yet): "At our age we have to start thinking about what kind of world we'll leave behind for Keith Richards."

That observation was posted here about a month ago, as a caption to a lovely photo of Keith in New York in March

Ah here it is: www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2156228,2156344 - from KeithfnRichards

Funny. A little voice in the back of my head told me it could be a cliche, but it was new to me!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:39

It's a worthwhile twist on the cockroaches bit.

Date: May 26, 2015 00:45

roller99
andrewt
DandelionPowderman
CYHMK was great.

ALL the parts of CYHMK were great.

Posted by: FunxionalJunkie ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:46

Powerage5
My only real gripe about the setlist is I don't see why CYHMK and Midnight Rambler both had to be played. Assuming they're still playing CYHMK in around 11 minutes and Rambler in 13-14 mins, those two songs took up nearly a quarter of the show. Now, I love Rambler and it's probably my favorite of the staples they play at every show, but I don't see why not drop it for this tour, have CYHMK as the long jam song, and that frees up space for either two more SF songs, or one more SF song and another non-SF rotating song. One small tweak would make us hardcore fans happier by playing more of Sticky Fingers (As well as making the setlist one song longer), and I doubt any casual fans would leave the show saying "Yeah, it was a good show, but I can't believe they didn't play Midnight Rambler". It's not exactly like they'd be skipping JJF or Satisfaction.

Otherwise, I think this set is about as good as you can ask for from a stadium gig.

CYHMK seemed a little shorter than usual, I thought. I'll have to confirm somewhere else, but it seemed like 7 minutes at most.

I have a bigger problem with Miss You being a 10 minute sing-a-long. Cut it off and add another song to the setlist, please. But I'm splitting hairs. I left the stadium juiced up, as always.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:54

I know the Tour has just started, but are we gonna get the audience being able to do their thing, standing up in front of stage and catwalk, instead of sitting on their arses on the ruddy seats.

I was here at F.O.S. in Madrid about 10 months ago and such a great experience wherever you were sitting or standing to just get dancing and singing and having a great time. Everyone else was doing the same thing. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: FunxionalJunkie ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:55

sdstonesguy
Frankly, last night was the first time I thought the Stones showed their age (I was front row Ronnie side). The solos seemed to be a bit lost, the song openings seemed confuse, the song endings seemed confused, Ronnie & Keef didn't seem to work the stage at all (mostly just stood in front of the drum kit)...and Keef said we were about to get Can't Be Seen...and switched it out for Before They Make Me Run.

Jagger still seemed to be an energetic miracle, but the vocals were more talking/shouting than singing (yes, I know...this isn't new...just to a new level).

I had a good time, but it was the first time I didn't feel "this band is a FORCE." I get it was opening night...perhaps a bag of nerves in the mix. I'm sure the solos & endings will get tighter...but I don't get why the guitarists didn't put on a bit of a show (geez...didn't think Ronnie could avoid putting one on he's such a ham).

Oh, and on Shelter, Lisa didn't really stretch like she did back on Bridges. I'm sure her pipes are fine...but this missing piece seemed to fit the show...juiced up & sloppy. The show was a concert...not an event.

Just my 2 cents...I'm sure others think it was the greatest thing ever.

This is fair. I enjoyed the hell out of the show, but there were a lot of small flubs of the nature that you've mentioned here. I'm chalking it up to first night hiccups, but they were there.

Mick started singing the second verse of Bitch while the horns were kicking in and had to cut himself off. Keith called for Ronnie's solo while Lisa and company were singing the chorus of BTMMR for a second time. Just small BS like that. It had no negative effect on the show for me, but I was pretty buzzed to say the least and I did notice.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:03

Ok...I just watched the Jack Flash video...tell me the guitars don't sound off right from the beginning. Keef just isn't hitting it like he always has...this is his favorite song (probably b/c it is my favorite song...he's cool like that)...and he seems totally uninspired. Juxtapose this with him at say Wembley in 1999 when he I'm watching him talking to his guitar "ooh yeah baby...@#$%& yeah..."...now that was magic. I really felt he missed it on Flash last night & it took the air out of the song for me. Maybe I listen too closely & should just enjoy the "vibe" (b/c who cares how the Stones sound...right?...insert eye roll here).

Sorry, but those opening chords on Flash are super important...at least for me...and it just wasn' there. Also...so many songs ended in noodling rather than a tough emphatic ending. Charlie was perfect of course...how can he not be?

And going back to another point...how is it Keef & Ronnie just stood by Charlie? This is show business...where is the show? Keef has the classic poses that defines rock god. Last night, he seemed to have a smile on his face that reminded me of my grandfather. I'm really not knocking the Stones or Keef (my favorite musician of all time), I'm just calling it like I see it. Being excited to see the gig isn't the same as the gig being great.

That said...it was still the greatest Stones show ever...because that is what people say when they went to a Stones show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home