Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 40
Rolling Stones - San Diego CA, May 24 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 25, 2015 17:49

Date: May 25, 2015 17:49

Date: May 25, 2015 17:50

Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 25, 2015 17:53

Seems like purple is Sir Michael's favorite color. We have seen that over and over again. Or is it cherry red?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 25, 2015 17:54

Actually a very nice Setlist IMHO. I know I would have loved that Setlist for the stadium shows I attended in the past.

That being said the hardcore fans will never be satisfied as we all dream of the Stones digging deep into their massive catalog for rarities we would love to hear.

But as the song goes "You Can't Always Get What You Want. But Sometimes You Get What You Need"

So we don't get what we want= obscure songs
But we got what we need= more Stones live with some good songs thrown in.

Posted by: Dreamer ()

Fantastic pic of KR this last one.
Keep going Count Ziggenpuss!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()

Short clip of high up and far away from stage , but they all seem to be having a Ball up there.

Re: Rolling Stones - San Diego CA, May 24 2015
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 25, 2015 17:56

bye bye johnny

Great photos! Keef looks really strong and healthy here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 17:57 by oldschool.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:00

DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
ROPENI
As predicted with the exception of 3 songs,this was a Warhorses show.....

Take those 3 songs out and keith's 2 and you have 15 .....Andy Warhol said 'you' should call things what they are....on that basis maybe this tour should have been called "The Warhorse 15 tour" instead of the lame Zipcode thing....

Are SFM, D&G, Bitch and ADTL warhorses now?

Definitely, I never need to hear that again, any more than Miss you or live with me etc...
D&G ...I like that so don't mind myself even if (according to someone else) it has been played to death)....
ADTL ...I'd prefer Silver train...
SFM, I was getting fed up of it in 2002 but yeah, lately it seems to (IMO) come back to life...

Rather than warhorses I'd call bitch, live with me, Ruby Tuesday, Wildhorses, Dead flowers etc ...filler between the warhorses rather than true creative setlist choices...imo of course..which I am entitled to....

Ropeni claimed 15, personally I'd say 13....

As i said on a previous post if it was me....
I would rotate 6 songs from SF per show, 6 deeper cuts and 6 warhorses. (Brown sugar would count as a SF songs rather than a warhorse so in reality they could still have 7 warhorses) unless they dropped it for a night...

ok..20 songs minus keith's two leaves 18.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 18:13 by EddieByword.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:04

Send It To me
If you're playing to 50,000 people, you have to play hits. It's just a fact.

It's not a fact.
You don't ''have to'' do anything unless there otherwise is an obvious consequence which could cause serious damage to someone/something. They want to play the warhorses. No one will put them in jail for not playing Start Me Up...

And there's nothing saying they can't play both warhorses and rarities. That's what they did on the 1981-1982 tours in front of 50.000+ people. Nobody complained.

Also, The Stones could sell out stadiums all over America even if they ONLY were playing rarities. Maybe the tickets would go even faster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 18:05 by yeababyyea.

Date: May 25, 2015 18:05

Stoneage
Seems like purple is Sir Michael's favorite color. We have seen that over and over again. Or is it cherry red?

The front button strip is Magenta ...I don't know if the shirt is two tone / shaded or if that's just the lights...

Date: May 25, 2015 18:09

EddieByword
Dreamer
EddieByword
ROPENI

Take those 3 songs out and keith's 2 and you have 15 .....Andy Warhol said 'you' should call things what they are....on that basis maybe this tour should have been called "The Warhorse 15 tour" instead of the lame Zipcode thing....

I agree it could be more diverse. Oh yes. But ADTL isn't a warhorse and the way they played it was terrific. So was MM. Warhorses: JJF sounded ok to me.
Not that I would pay $ 800 to see them play but I can imagine people would.

Yes ADTL is of course fairly rare, hope they rotate it with Silver train though..

If it was me.... ok..20 songs minus keith's two leaves 18.
I would rotate 6 songs from SF per show, 6 deeper cuts and 6 warhorses. (Brown sugar would count as a SF songs rather tha warhorse so in reality they could still have 7 warhorses) unless they dropped it for a night...

No, I wouldn't pay that either, according to this.... [www.thisismoney.co.uk] .....the £4 I paid for this setlist at Knebworth in 1976 (& 5 other bands inc. Lynyrd Skynyrd) should translate to £30 ($50) today....

1. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
2. Ain't Too Proud to Beg
3. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Get Off Of My Cloud
4. Hand Of Fate
5. Around And Around
6. Little Red Rooster
7. Stray Cat Blues
8. Hey Negrita
9. Hot Stuff
10. Fool to Cry
11. Star Star
12. Let's Spend the Night Together
13. You Gotta Move
14. You Can't Always Get What You Want
15. Dead Flowers
16. Route 66
17. Wild Horses
18. Honky Tonk Women
19. (Country Honk)
20. Tumbling Dice
21. Happy
22. Nothing From Nothing
23. Outa Space
24. Midnight Rambler
25. It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I Like It)
26. Brown Sugar
27. Rip This Joint
28. Jumping Jack Flash
29. Street Fighting Man

I'm not suggesting they should do this many - age and all that - but this setlist shows a diffrent possibility and also, there were 250,00 people there so that dispels the notion that they have to play the unimaginative setlists they do because there's a big crowd....

Yeah...I get ya.
But they more or less are a victim of their own succes: 4 songs from B&B would probably not be cheered at by the crowds except for FTC and maybe HS. Although personally I think it would be great to hear all 4 of them in one show.
Not to mention some other songs in this list..

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:14

Powerage5
My only real gripe about the setlist is I don't see why CYHMK and Midnight Rambler both had to be played. Assuming they're still playing CYHMK in around 11 minutes and Rambler in 13-14 mins, those two songs took up nearly a quarter of the show. Now, I love Rambler and it's probably my favorite of the staples they play at every show, but I don't see why not drop it for this tour, have CYHMK as the long jam song, and that frees up space for either two more SF songs, or one more SF song and another non-SF rotating song. One small tweak would make us hardcore fans happier by playing more of Sticky Fingers (As well as making the setlist one song longer), and I doubt any casual fans would leave the show saying "Yeah, it was a good show, but I can't believe they didn't play Midnight Rambler". It's not exactly like they'd be skipping JJF or Satisfaction.

Otherwise, I think this set is about as good as you can ask for from a stadium gig.

Can't you hear me knocking was just 6 minutes and Karl and Ronnie both were great from what i saw

Date: May 25, 2015 18:14

Dreamer
EddieByword
Dreamer
EddieByword
ROPENI

I agree it could be more diverse. Oh yes. But ADTL isn't a warhorse and the way they played it was terrific. So was MM. Warhorses: JJF sounded ok to me.
Not that I would pay $ 800 to see them play but I can imagine people would.

Yes ADTL is of course fairly rare, hope they rotate it with Silver train though..

If it was me.... ok..20 songs minus keith's two leaves 18.
I would rotate 6 songs from SF per show, 6 deeper cuts and 6 warhorses. (Brown sugar would count as a SF songs rather tha warhorse so in reality they could still have 7 warhorses) unless they dropped it for a night...

No, I wouldn't pay that either, according to this.... [www.thisismoney.co.uk] .....the £4 I paid for this setlist at Knebworth in 1976 (& 5 other bands inc. Lynyrd Skynyrd) should translate to £30 ($50) today....

1. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
2. Ain't Too Proud to Beg
3. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Get Off Of My Cloud
4. Hand Of Fate
5. Around And Around
6. Little Red Rooster
7. Stray Cat Blues
8. Hey Negrita
9. Hot Stuff
10. Fool to Cry
11. Star Star
12. Let's Spend the Night Together
13. You Gotta Move
14. You Can't Always Get What You Want
15. Dead Flowers
16. Route 66
17. Wild Horses
18. Honky Tonk Women
19. (Country Honk)
20. Tumbling Dice
21. Happy
22. Nothing From Nothing
23. Outa Space
24. Midnight Rambler
25. It's Only Rock'n Roll (But I Like It)
26. Brown Sugar
27. Rip This Joint
28. Jumping Jack Flash
29. Street Fighting Man

I'm not suggesting they should do this many - age and all that - but this setlist shows a diffrent possibility and also, there were 250,00 people there so that dispels the notion that they have to play the unimaginative setlists they do because there's a big crowd....

Yeah...I get ya.
But they more or less are a victim of their own succes: 4 songs from B&B would probably not be cheered at by the crowds except for FTC and maybe HS. Although personally I think it would be great to hear all 4 of them in one show.
Not to mention some other songs in this list..

Dylan Thomas..."I sing in my chains like the sea"...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:15

Ronnie is looking in fine fettle

Date: May 25, 2015 18:17

Sighunt
For people that were there (I went to bed after the first 5-6 numbers being in the east coast), how was Keith on Sympathy for the Devil? Overall, I liked the set-list for a stadium show, but I wouldn't be hurt if they ditched SFTD as that tune, IMHO, has not had a decent solo in years.

I'm not a cheerleader but...I think he was better than you thought in 1975 he would be in 2015 smoking smiley

Re: Rolling Stones - San Diego CA, May 24 2015
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:20

oldschool

Great photos! Keef looks really strong and healthy here

He was super fine last night.
And it looks his kiks are same Nike Flyknit as Mick's. Keith was taking Emerald-green ones last year though.

I love this photo.
Thank you for sharing, Johnny.smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:20

winter
Since the last US tour was mostly the bigger urban cities I expect to see Dead Flowers get trotted out as they hit middle America. It's probably the last chance they/we have where most folks in the audience would want to hear a few 'countrified' RS tunes like DF, LIB, SVa, etc. at a stadium show.

Come to think of it, the last time I saw the Stones in a stadium, they played DF in North Carolina.

So many genres (they have explored), so little time.

ADTL, Bitch, MM, CYHMK. Nice.

True, but I'd far rather hear Let It Bleed than Dead Flowers any day!

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:21

yeababyyea
Send It To me

It's not a fact.
You don't ''have to'' do anything unless there otherwise is an obvious consequence which could cause serious damage to someone/something. They want to play the warhorses. No one will put them in jail for not playing Start Me Up...

And there's nothing saying they can't play both warhorses and rarities. That's what they did on the 1981-1982 tours in front of 50.000+ people. Nobody complained.

Also, The Stones could sell out stadiums all over America even if they ONLY were playing rarities. Maybe the tickets would go even faster.

I agree. The "have to" argument is tiresome and used by the apologists, and the members of the leader's personality cult, to justify the complacency. Do people want hits? Yes. But, will they demand a refund if they don't get everything? No. That's a myth. You can expose an audience to tracks they may not know and maybe they'll buy that album.

Of the 40 times I've seen them I've heard the following every time:

Jumping Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice.

A good portion of the Licks tour didn't feature Miss You and people survived. And a good portion of those were stadium shows.

The audience isn't given enough credit.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:29

Dreamer

And what a version of ADTL! Wow was that a party!!

Ideed! Brings tears to my eyes. To see them smile and play so well.

Thanks so much to all who uploaded and reported!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:03

virgil
Just Curious: What was the market like for tickets on the street last night and did they sell any at the window.

Yes, I am curious as well. In one of the other fan Forums, there was some guy who was replying to offers to sell San Diego tickets for face with "Call me when you can't find anyone to buy them, and maybe I'll pay you 25%" or something like that. I thought that was pretty funny - I suspect he isn't well versed in the art of negotiation. Anyway, I wonder if he managed to get tickets.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:05

worriedboutyou
StonedRambler, if your looking for a excellent seat in Minneapolis on the floor section B row 5 get back with me. I'm not scalping it, probably even cut a deal with ya.

I would be interested in that ticket.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:06

JTHanis
yeababyyea
Send It To me

It's not a fact.

I agree. The "have to" argument is tiresome and used by the apologists, and the members of the leader's personality cult, to justify the complacency. Do people want hits? Yes. But, will they demand a refund if they don't get everything? No. That's a myth. You can expose an audience to tracks they may not know and maybe they'll buy that album.

Of the 40 times I've seen them I've heard the following every time:

Jumping Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice.

A good portion of the Licks tour didn't feature Miss You and people survived. And a good portion of those were stadium shows.

The audience isn't given enough credit.

Not that I'm complaining- I'm going to be seeing them live for the first time in Buffalo so anything they play will be new to me- but for the sake of others, why not try dropping some as an experiment! If there is a huge outcry from the average fan-base, they could simply re-include them. I feel like the issue is more that these have become their comfort songs, and they don't have to concentrate/try as hard to play them. The more deep cuts included, the more risk there is, and I don't really see Mick as a risk-taker at this stage in the game. That being said, this is all relative- they are still performing live, which is always risky, and which is ultimately all I really care about. If I can manage to see I Got The Blues and Bitch in the same show I will be an extra-happy girl, but if not, I will still be ecstatic because they are the Stones & still going strong!

Date: May 25, 2015 19:17

crawdaddy
Short clip of high up and far away from stage , but they all seem to be having a Ball up there.

That's great. Boy the stage is sooooooo far away.

Date: May 25, 2015 19:22

Of course, it's closer than this video (taken 4 miles away from the stadium in San Francisco in 2005). I was at the double bill with Metallica, and it was one of the loudest Stones shows I can recall.

Date: May 25, 2015 19:30

Ronnie does great here. I am going to say that Ronnie and Mick Taylor sat down a few months ago and Mick told him to not be shy and do his best with the immortal guitar solos that Mick Taylor created for The Stones. I am saying the Mick gave Ronnie his blessing

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:35

Great quote from fan, aged 64, in today's San Diego Union-Tribune (don't see it online yet): "At our age we have to start thinking about what kind of world we'll leave behind for Keith Richards."

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:37

Cyhmk... Just ok.. I really have no interest in the song without Bobby and MT. Everything else is still great, just this one has lost it's heart for me. Kind of like The Weight, I never want to hear anyone play it after losing Levon.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:52

triceratops

Ronnie does great here. I am going to say that Ronnie and Mick Taylor sat down a few months ago and Mick told him to not be shy and do his best with the immortal guitar solos that Mick Taylor created for The Stones. I am saying the Mick gave Ronnie his blessing

They played CYHMK on the Licks tour without MT also

Date: May 25, 2015 19:56

Miss You/ Watch now because it probably be removed in a few days

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home