Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:37

Sorry Taylor fanatics, Ronnie did just fine with Can't you Hear Me Knockin' and Midnight Rambler.....

.....However the sax solos in CYHMK and BS were just not the same without Bobby.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:40

Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Ronnie cant play Taylors solo. He fumbles. He has no idea where to go with the solo. He has to practice more and come up with something of his own I think. Or they could just let Taylor play with them again on these numbers.

He didn't try, either. I like his approach: theme, wailing, riff, theme, wailing, riff. It worked lovely after Denson's solo. And it didn't drag out for too long.

Actually, there is a structure there, if you listen and don't expect note for note from the studio version or a stretched out Taylor-approach.

No theres no structure in his solo except for the parts he tries to copy from Taylors original solo. C'mon dont tell me you cant hear that. Ad lib is something else.

OMG, again with this crap about MT. If Ronnie wanted to, he could duplicate the MT solo note for note. Any accomplished guitarist with the right rig can do it. Even an ameteur can do that solo. Do you honestly think that Ronnie wants to replicate what the guitarist he replaced did, or that he wants to make it his own. What would you do if you were him? Copy your predecessor, or change it up a bit?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:40

Well, bring Bobby back.

I amuse myself sometimes.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:50

roller99
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Ronnie cant play Taylors solo. He fumbles. He has no idea where to go with the solo. He has to practice more and come up with something of his own I think. Or they could just let Taylor play with them again on these numbers.

He didn't try, either. I like his approach: theme, wailing, riff, theme, wailing, riff. It worked lovely after Denson's solo. And it didn't drag out for too long.

Actually, there is a structure there, if you listen and don't expect note for note from the studio version or a stretched out Taylor-approach.

No theres no structure in his solo except for the parts he tries to copy from Taylors original solo. C'mon dont tell me you cant hear that. Ad lib is something else.

OMG, again with this crap about MT. If Ronnie wanted to, he could duplicate the MT solo note for note. Any accomplished guitarist with the right rig can do it. Even an ameteur can do that solo. Do you honestly think that Ronnie wants to replicate what the guitarist he replaced did, or that he wants to make it his own. What would you do if you were him? Copy your predecessor, or change it up a bit?

Dont ask me, ask Ronnie. He is in the band and he tried to play it.

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:51

Thank you waterrats. Looking forward to Orlando!!!

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:52

JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet

Here we go again with the Ronnie bashing. Strange some people never seem to understand that Ronnie is a bandmember and Mick Taylor is not. He had his time
with the band 2012-2014 but now it´s over. Ronnie never tried to play any of MT:s solos, he plays with his own style and he does it fantastic. Why even bother go to any of the shows if someone can´t stand Ronnie? Then stay home and listen to Brussels Affair and remember past times.
amen

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:53

Date: May 26, 2015 17:55

Date: May 26, 2015 17:57

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:57

Saw this video a couple of pages back.
Must say I like the speeded up sax solo. At first I thought he couldn't properly hear
the rest of the band, and then I realized he was playing the solo at double speed.
Of course we all miss Bobby, but this is an invention that makes the song no longer
one of those ongoing jamsessions, but a compact rocker with a tail.

And Ronnie is of course Ronnie. Happy to be on stage with the rest of the band and enjoying
himself and his audience with some acrobatics on the guitar. Not faultless, but adventurous.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:00

Jimpietryga1, what an awesome set of pictures! Thanks for sharing 'em.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:03

Redhotcarpet
roller99
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet

Dont ask me, ask Ronnie. He is in the band and he tried to play it.

You're mistaking inspiration for copying. Like always, Wood picks up bits and pieces and mixes them with his own. As a fan of the 1975 Stones, you really should know this – it's basic knowledge.

Wood has never copied entire solos. He wouldn't even bother to copy his own ones. He's a too instinctive player for that.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:03

Love these great pics coming through.

Anyone seen MT Facebook page where he has put Dean Goodmans review of the gig, and I wonder where he got that from. It's not exactly the best of the three.

Can hardly blame him in some ways I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 18:12 by crawdaddy.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:07

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:10

Ronnie does a great, great job on the solo. But seeing Mick Taylor play it in Philly tops this - easily. If you cannot understand the value of watching the original artist recreate his masterwork - then I don't know what to say.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:14

crawdaddy

Anyone seen MT Facebook page where he has put Dean Goodmans review of the gig, and I wonder where he got that from. It's not exactly the best of the three.

Can you send a link please?
I just found the official Taylor page.. It it the same page which wrote that he wasn't invited?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:15

crawdaddy

i hope MT finds peace some day. obsessing over this isn't going to do him any good.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:20

Shawn20
Ronnie does a great, great job on the solo. But seeing Mick Taylor play it in Philly tops this - easily. If you cannot understand the value of watching the original artist recreate his masterwork - then I don't know what to say.

He more or less played something entirely else. It was a showcase for him, and a good one.

Today, they've shortened it down. I liked that. We get a taste of all the good stuff (a fresh, new sax solo and a very nice guitar solo) AND they're keeping MR in the setlist thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:21

Yeh ! It's there for all to see, but isn't gonna get him in the good books. sad smiley

MT Facebook Page

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:26

crawdaddy
Yeh ! It's there for all to see, but isn't gonna get him in the good books. sad smiley

MT Facebook Page

it's sad to see him do this to himself.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:33

And you really think this page is done by himself?
I don't really know. But likely since it was the first souce that told us Mick t wasn't invited.
If so:
Honesty, Mick Taylor is an @#$%&.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:35

StonedRambler
I don't really know. But likely since it was the first souce that told us Mick t wasn't invited.
If so:

look at the way he replies to all the comments about the tour so passive-aggressively. It's definitely him. Too bad it's come to this for these guys.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:36

Couple shots and my show souvenir...
(had to wait until 9:16 to get drinking smiley )

View My Video

Date: May 26, 2015 18:38

marcovandereijk
Saw this video a couple of pages back.
Must say I like the speeded up sax solo. At first I thought he couldn't properly hear
the rest of the band, and then I realized he was playing the solo at double speed.
Of course we all miss Bobby, but this is an invention that makes the song no longer
one of those ongoing jamsessions, but a compact rocker with a tail.

And Ronnie is of course Ronnie. Happy to be on stage with the rest of the band and enjoying
himself and his audience with some acrobatics on the guitar. Not faultless, but adventurous.

That's a good observation, Marco! thumbs up

Date: May 26, 2015 18:40

alieb
StonedRambler
If so:

look at the way he replies to all the comments about the tour so passive-aggressively. It's definitely him. Too bad it's come to this for these guys.

Do you really think so?

And I have never heard anyone describing Taylor as an a$$hole.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:43

DandelionPowderman
alieb
StonedRambler
If so:

Do you really think so?

ok I take that back now as I just noticed there is another page with a blue check-mark on it. Who knows. Honestly, who has time to impersonate someone else over the internet? I don't get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 18:45 by alieb.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:46

The fact that the site has recent private pictures of him and his cat indicates that he is involved in some way.
But he doesn't strike me as someone who would engage in interaction with people on the web.
If he does, he should sign up here and raise some hell. BV couldn't really ban him or could he?

Date: May 26, 2015 18:47

alieb
StonedRambler
If so:

That's a shame. He behaves like a child. He should remember that it was his own decision to quit, and I don't see what's wrong about the guy replacing him (-->Ronnie) playing now the solos on can't you hear me knocking, MR..
He should be thankful for getting on tour with his ex-band for over two years and he should accept that he doesn't belong to the band anymore. But I guess wrong topic, there's an extra muck Taylor topic for that winking smiley

Date: May 26, 2015 18:51

Nikkei
The fact that the site has recent private pictures of him and his cat indicates that he is involved in some way.
But he doesn't strike me as someone who would engage in interaction with people on the web.
If he does, he should sign up here and raise some hell. BV couldn't really ban him or could he?

It doesn't mean he is writing the stuff on the page.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:52

DandelionPowderman
alieb
StonedRambler
If so:

Do you really think so?

If it's him, yeah. I have mixed emotions about him. Never felt much sympathy fir him as a person. He should be that way to himself, that he quit, but not to my boys. Then I start to get angry..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home