Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: September 17, 2015 17:16

Some people simply find no use in regretting. That doesn't mean they're not sad about the decissions they made.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 17, 2015 17:19

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-29 11:17 by dcba.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: September 17, 2015 17:20

Between feeling sad about some odd decissions and regretting it there's only a very thin line.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 17, 2015 19:45

LuxuryStones
Between feeling sad about some odd decissions and regretting it there's only a very thin line.

I would even say: an invisible line.

Date: September 17, 2015 20:07

Option #1 requires that you look ahead, not back. He could be a proud man, who doesn't regret his decision even though he thinks of it with some sadness from time to time.

The world is not black and white smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2015 21:17

DandelionPowderman
Option #1 requires that you look ahead, not back. He could be a proud man, who doesn't regret his decision even though he thinks of it with some sadness from time to time.

The past is always present in your present. It is impossible and at least artificial to separate them both totally.

All those different and unclear statements Taylor has made over the years about him leaving the band and considered his behaviour during the American leg of the jubilee tour (jumping between Keith and Wood to mention a remarkable moment, not to forget his kneeling for Jagger - at least twice) make me think he had and still has at least a little bit of regret. But maybe I'm wrong (which would surprise me enormously) and has he always been and still is in total peace with his decision in December 1974.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:59

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

The past is always present in your present. It is impossible and at least artificial to separate them both totally.

All those different and unclear statements Taylor has made over the years about him leaving the band and considered his behaviour during the American leg of the jubilee tour (jumping between Keith and Wood to mention a remarkable moment, not to forget his kneeling for Jagger - at least twice) make me think he had and still has at least a little bit of regret. But maybe I'm wrong (which would surprise me enormously) and has he always been and still is in total peace with his decision in December 1974.

Don't go all Donald Trump on us, kleerie.

Date: September 18, 2015 09:45

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

For you it may be impossible, for some others it may not be that.

Date: September 18, 2015 16:44

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

No, Dandie, it goes for all of us, be we aware of it or not. Basic human knowledge.

Date: September 18, 2015 16:45

LongBeachArena72
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Don't go all Donald Trump on us, kleerie.

LongBeach, our dear friend Donald would never ever say: "Maybe I'm wrong"!

Date: September 18, 2015 16:47

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

No, Dandie, it goes for all of us, be we aware of it or not. Basic human knowledge.

Look, it might be that you think more often of your wrongdoings from the past than the rest of us. It's not «basic human knowledge» that everybody goes around regretting all their decisions constantly.

Date: September 18, 2015 20:44

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Look, it might be that you think more often of your wrongdoings from the past than the rest of us. It's not «basic human knowledge» that everybody goes around regretting all their decisions constantly.

I was talking about this sentence: "The past is always present in your present. It is impossible and at least artificial to separate them both totally."

Date: September 18, 2015 21:20

I never said it was, so then that is irrelevant here.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: September 18, 2015 23:37

DandelionPowderman
I never said it was, so then that is irrelevant here.
don't worry be happy.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:22

It's impossible for a Stones fan not to be happy today smileys with beer

Date: September 19, 2015 00:27

DandelionPowderman

What's happening today?

Date: September 19, 2015 00:35

The re-creation of the SFM cassette recording came out on film today.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:40

DandelionPowderman
The re-creation of the SFM cassette recording came out on film today.

Sweeeet! As long as neither Jagger nor Taylor were involved I will def check that out.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:42

Alert: Mick is also in the film..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:42

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman

What's happening today?

I think he meant it's impossible for a Keith fan not to be happy today. There is still a big difference between Keith solo and The Stones last time I checked. Talked to my sister today, who is a certifiable Stones fan, told her about Keith's new record and got a pretty firm, "not that interested" response. So I have direct evidence that it is possible for a Stone's fan to not be specifically happy today. tongue sticking out smiley

But it's a good day to celebrate Keith indeed.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:46

It's a lovely day to be a Stones fan anyhow smileys with beer

Date: September 19, 2015 00:48

DandelionPowderman
Alert: Mick is also in the film..

Shit. Well, guess I'll just hang out on Netflix and watch CATASTROPHE again.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:50

No Keith film without "brother" Mick..

Date: September 19, 2015 00:51

Naturalust
LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman

What's happening today?

I think he meant it's impossible for a Keith fan not to be happy today. There is still a big difference between Keith solo and The Stones last time I checked. Talked to my sister today, who is a certifiable Stones fan, told her about Keith's new record and got a pretty firm, "not that interested" response. So I have direct evidence that it is possible for a Stone's fan to not be specifically happy today. tongue sticking out smiley

my wife won't let me watch the thing on netflix. keith used to be her favorite stone--she loved LIFE--but keith has been banned from our house due to his jerry comments. you don't come between the missus and the dead ...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:03

LongBeachArena72
Naturalust
LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman

What's happening today?

my wife won't let me watch the thing on netflix. keith used to be her favorite stone--she loved LIFE--but keith has been banned from our house due to his jerry comments. you don't come between the missus and the dead ...

Well we know who wears the pants in your household. Ha! No doubt you and the kid will sneak a peek when the opportunity arises. We watched the Bob Weir documentary last night and thought it was good but nothing that particularly new and they skipped over some of the best eras of Dead music a bit too quickly. That Hawaii dive footage brought back pleasant memories. I was there!

Date: September 19, 2015 01:14

Naturalust
LongBeachArena72
Naturalust
LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman

What's happening today?

Well we know who wears the pants in your household. Ha! No doubt you and the kid will sneak a peek when the opportunity arises. We watched the Bob Weir documentary last night and thought it was good but nothing that particularly new and they skipped over some of the best eras of Dead music a bit too quickly. That Hawaii dive footage brought back pleasant memories. I was there!

dude i don't even OWN a pair of pants. i haven't been out of shorts since may and izzy just runs around in a diaper! (but, yes, he and i will find a way to peek at UNDER THE INFLUENCE at some point.)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:36

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:37

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: September 20, 2015 00:51

This one always gives me goose bumps. Sounds like this guitar gets the best out of him, at least he should have used it more often.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 28, 2015 04:49

Saturday 26 September 2015
Warming up before joining John Mayall and band on stage

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...169170171172173174175176177178179...LastNext
Current Page: 174 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home