Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...170171172173174175176177178179180...LastNext
Current Page: 175 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:03

Wow that's great I had no idea they played together last night. Was anyone there?

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:17

Good to see MT looking happy and healthy. Certainly looking pretty trim these days!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 28, 2015 06:20

erad
Good to see MT looking happy and healthy. Certainly looking pretty trim these days!

Wow, no sh*t! Indeed a great picture of Mick and he looks better than in a long time! Love to hear a review of the show. Whoo Hoo!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:15

The only videos I could find of the show have him playing on Walking On Sunset - he sounds pretty good for quite a long layoff:

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 28, 2015 20:16

Stoneburst
The only videos I could find of the show have him playing on Walking On Sunset - he sounds pretty good for quite a long layoff:

For those who can't see the link:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 28, 2015 22:26

this is the best news/post i have seen on this thread in about 125 pages. i am so glad Taylor is out of his house, on the road, playing blues guitar. and with john mayall! making music is what it is all about, the rest is mostly garbage and noise.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:27

Turner68
this is the best news/post i have seen on this thread in about 125 pages. i am so glad Taylor is out of his house, on the road, playing blues guitar. and with john mayall! making music is what it is all about, the rest is mostly garbage and noise.

+1

Good playing as well thumbs up

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:54

Music Monday with Mick Taylor!
September 28, 2015 / Rocky Athas

What a great surprise for the fans in the Netherlands when Mick Taylor (former Rolling Stone and Bluesbreaker legend) stepped on stage to play the encore at De Oosterpoort in Groningen. Luckily, someone had the good sense to capture this moment! This may not be the best video in the world but at least this clip gives everybody a sneak peek at the fun. Thank goodness for cell phones, right?

[www.rockyathas.com]

[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 22:56 by Lien.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 28, 2015 22:55

Turner68

So the Stones' statement Taylor were ill was totally garbage and noise!

Good lord, what a great guy that John Mayall is, one of the kindest guys in the world of music.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 28, 2015 23:53

God is back.... smileys with beer

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: September 29, 2015 00:28

We are trying to contact the MT management for booking information.
We tried a facebook and linkedin contact I have but got no response.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gerard

Date: September 29, 2015 00:33

Rincewind

Gerard

there is someone pretending to be him on Facebook... perhaps they can help you find the real mick taylor...

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:04

Rincewind

Gerard

Try ed@micktaylor.net

for help in reaching mgt

or Jeff Allen at [www.sensible-music.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:45

It would be nice if he played at the upcoming shows in South America.

Date: September 29, 2015 08:48

Rincewind

Gerard

I reckon you have been contacted by now? If not, you'll hear from them soon.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:31

mtaylor
God is back.... smileys with beer

[www.facebook.com]

Great Mick.
You have a to do a new solo record at the level of AST.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:52

Would be great, if MT came on stage as a guest for some more shows, for example, at Ronnie Scotts in November

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:03

mtaylor
Would be great, if MT came on stage as a guest for some more shows, for example, at Ronnie Scotts in November

Yes. The tour he did with mayall in 2004 was great.
Also during the 70th birthday concert he was on fire.
Listen to 'California' or the solos of Mick on 'Blues for the last days'
[www.youtube.com]

Have a nice day mate.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 29, 2015 17:37

The shows he played with Mayall and McVie in 82 are some of my favorite MT gigs.

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: September 30, 2015 10:00

DandelionPowderman
Rincewind

Gerard

I reckon you have been contacted by now? If not, you'll hear from them soon.

Thanks!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2015 10:17

Go Mick go!
You're obviously a team guy so you should put up a tour with another axeman. thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2015 11:01

StonesCat
The shows he played with Mayall and McVie in 82 are some of my favorite MT gigs.

Not to toot my own horn smiling smiley, but I was at the L.A. Roxy show and was stunned by the brilliance.
It was all business, and they laid it down hard. Thanks to a friend, I was recently sent a boot which will forever be treated as sacred.

Date: September 30, 2015 17:05

Taylor has played with big shots like John Mayall, our friends The Glimmers, Bob Dylan and, not to forget, the late Jack Bruce.

Here is, for the first time on YouTube, the registration of the Manchester concert Taylor played as member of The Jack Bruce Band. It took me a short while to be able to appreciate this kind of music, but I have to say I love it now. So try it and maybe you can enjoy it as well:

[www.youtube.com]

(Mick Taylor with The Jack Bruce Band live in '75 - Manchester - stellar audio quality)

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:06

I believe I have that cd. Have to check, haven't played it in awhile. It's very good, though. That band was super-talented..it's too bad things just didn't work out. In Jack Bruce's biography, Carla Bley talks about a few incidents that happened behind the scenes between Mick and Jack. Egos clashing, frustrations. I feel that Carla understood Mick Taylor and knew where he was coming from, but that band apparently didn't live up to his expectations I guess. Jack Bruce wasn't easy to deal with which is well-known; despite the fact he had a great voice and songwriting skills. Maybe there was jealousy...who knows!!smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:19

Bellajane
I believe I have that cd. Have to check, haven't played it in awhile. It's very good, though. That band was super-talented..it's too bad things just didn't work out. In Jack Bruce's biography, Carla Bley talks about a few incidents that happened behind the scenes between Mick and Jack. Egos clashing, frustrations. I feel that Carla understood Mick Taylor and knew where he was coming from, but that band apparently didn't live up to his expectations I guess. Jack Bruce wasn't easy to deal with which is well-known; despite the fact he had a great voice and songwriting skills. Maybe there was jealousy...who knows!!smiling smiley

No disrespect to Jack but I always thought Taylor could have done a lot better than teaming up with him and Ginger Baker. In hindsight it seems drug addictions might have played a role in some of the problems with the band. Too much junkie business had to get in the way of the music.

Date: September 30, 2015 20:25

Ginger Baker wasn't in the band.

Date: September 30, 2015 20:27

Yes drugs were a big,if not the biggest problem. Supposedly before the tour, Mick and Jack went to Jamaica to get clean but, as the story goes, Mick's wife greeted them there with a bag full of drugs. Who knows if that part was true, but the drug abuse was. Carla Bley talked about the drug dealers hanging around the hotels where they were staying when they toured Europe. Maybe Taylor didn't think it through when he jumped ship (Rolling Stones) to join Jack Bruce's band. It was supposed to be another super group. Oh well..such is life.

Date: September 30, 2015 20:34

Bellajane

In an interview in 2002 Taylor shortly mentioned Bruce's drugs (ab)use, which made him, to say it gently, not easy to get along with. He compared it to Keith's. Btw: he didn't mention a drug problem of his own.

I don't think jealousy had anything to do with the reason the band fell apart. Though I think it wasn't very wise to name the band to one of its members, however great a musician and songwriter Jack Bruce was.

Anyway, they made some great music, as also can be heard in this video from The Old Grey Whistle Test (this performance took place after the European and UK tour):

[www.youtube.com]

btw: hi Bella smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 20:37 by kleermaker.

Date: September 30, 2015 20:46

Hi kleermaker...hope you had a nice summer!!!smileys with beer

Couldn't stand seeing Taylor wearing those sunglasses...was it that show? Either he was strung out or someone popped him in the eye!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:55

9/25 Mayall (without Taylor) show is on Dime now, no 9/26 yet

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...170171172173174175176177178179180...LastNext
Current Page: 175 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home