Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...292293294295296297298299300301302...LastNext
Current Page: 297 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: June 2, 2023 20:30

Where is Mick Taylor hanging out??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-02 22:57 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 3, 2023 10:23

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
dcba
DandelionPowderman
What did Bob mean by 'never two good gigs in a row'?

What he witnessed during his 1984 Eurotour?
(just guessing here...)

I’ve listened to a lot of those shows. I’m not sure what he’s on about, Taylor sounded pretty consistent IMO

He does indeed. He might mean his shape, perhaps?

Taylor was magnificent on that tour.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 3, 2023 11:56

TravelinMan

Maybe his attitude, yeah. Good mood, bad mood, good mood...

Maybe the comment should be read according to Bob’s own book of rules of live performance?
For Dylan every song from every gig should ideally be unique : performers should avoid playing the same lick they played the night before and try to do sth new at every gig.
So in light of that concept maybe Dylan thought Taylor could be innovative one night and play rehashed stuff - no matter how brillant - the next one.

(again just guessing here...)

Date: June 3, 2023 22:38

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
dcba
DandelionPowderman
What did Bob mean by 'never two good gigs in a row'?

What he witnessed during his 1984 Eurotour?
(just guessing here...)

I’ve listened to a lot of those shows. I’m not sure what he’s on about, Taylor sounded pretty consistent IMO

He does indeed. He might mean his shape, perhaps?

Taylor was magnificent on that tour.
[youtu.be]

A band with a decent punch. Taylor at his almost best playing through a great music man amp.

One of the rare occasions that Dylan realised what playing with the Stones is all about, with that Tele. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-04 02:04 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 4, 2023 11:54

TheflyingDutchman

A band with a decent punch. Taylor at his almost best playing through a great music man amp.

One of the rare occasions that Dylan realised what playing with the Stones is all about, with that Tele. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

He was playing Marshal JCM 800 stacks on that tour, don't think he used the MM amps (which are great by the way).

Mathijs

Date: June 4, 2023 13:54

Another great performance, Masters of War, Wembley '84. There's the same version with "disturbing footage" floating on Vimeo.com.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 4, 2023 22:21

Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

He was playing Marshal JCM 800 stacks on that tour, don't think he used the MM amps (which are great by the way).

Mathijs

You think he used a Boss Chorus?

Date: June 4, 2023 23:38

Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

Mathijs

Looks like Taylor adjusting a music man amp at 1:02 in Italy, 1984. He's playing good here again.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 11, 2023 14:52

Dylan, Richards and Wood talking about Mick Taylor before Live Aid

[www.youtube.com]

Apologies if this was posted before

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 12, 2023 20:58

Can it be 44 years ago this month? Delivered years late and waaaay over-budget, no tour, a total commercial flop- but I say its one of the best solo LPs by any of the Stones and I would have been very happy to see continue in this direction..

Date: June 12, 2023 21:13

roryfaninva
Can it be 44 years ago this month? Delivered years late and waaaay over-budget, no tour, a total commercial flop- but I say its one of the best solo LPs by any of the Stones and I would have been very happy to see continue in this direction..

Definitely my favourite Stones' guitarist.winking smiley

Date: June 15, 2023 22:39

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 15, 2023 23:16

Amazing guitar work here video: [youtu.be]

Date: June 16, 2023 00:51

Taylor1

I agree, but within the Stones' framework he was mission impossible cool smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 16, 2023 01:06

TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1

I agree, but within the Stones' framework he was mission impossible cool smiley
Yes, but he could have done this as a side gig while remaining in the band.

Dylan, Richards and Wood talking about Mick Taylor before Live Aid
Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: June 18, 2023 03:08

Re: Dylan, Richards and Wood talking about Mick Taylor before Live Aid
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 18, 2023 07:41

That's quite an extraordinary conversation!
Puts Mick Taylor into a different light, doesn't it?

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 18, 2023 07:50

I heard this years ago. I never uploaded it or put it online because of consideration for Mick Taylor. Would I want to hear a conversation my aquaintances had about me? I don't think so. Though, Bob Dylan was super complimentary of Mick's first solo album and Mick's songwriting, which is high praise. Bob on the other hand was completely wrong about Mick being hot and cold with his playing on the tour. I heard nearly all of that tour and Mick was his usual self throughout.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 18, 2023 17:29

That was fascinating. I can imagine similar conversations exist about each one of those three by others, behind their backs. It's funny how the conversation ends. Dylan says, out of the blue, "I'm gonna split." Ha. Bob Dylan is a quirky guy. In fact, he's the king of all quirky guys. As the legend goes, that "rehearsal" proved irrelevant when Dylan hit the stage with Keith and RW. Not much of a communicator, Dylan, from what I've read. Very interesting audio. Thanks for sharing. Rock stars are funny people.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 19, 2023 18:03

Tate
That was fascinating. I can imagine similar conversations exist about each one of those three by others, behind their backs. It's funny how the conversation ends. Dylan says, out of the blue, "I'm gonna split." Ha. Bob Dylan is a quirky guy. In fact, he's the king of all quirky guys. As the legend goes, that "rehearsal" proved irrelevant when Dylan hit the stage with Keith and RW. Not much of a communicator, Dylan, from what I've read. Very interesting audio. Thanks for sharing. Rock stars are funny people.

It was almost like Dylan was taking the temperature of the room and it reveals the others' personalities. I honestly gained even more respect for Richards here, he comes off genuine and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

What's really interesting to me is "Broken Hands" sounds like a more musically evolved "Hand of Fate". It's curious the way Dylan keeps pushing the topic, especially considering the coincidental use of "hand". I'm probably reading too much into it but that's easy to do with Dylan!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-19 18:05 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 20, 2023 15:38

In these few minutes everything is said about Mick Taylor. Keith makes a wise statement here, and I think that everything he says is true. I once saw Mick Taylor in concert at a small club, and he played masterfully but somehow with no direction. He needs other musicians to hold up against him to bring out the best he can do. Personally he ist a rather shy but very friendly and intelligent person, it was great meeting him.

The only statement I have difficulties with is when they say that Mick Taylor doesn't know when to stop. I never get tired of the Europe 1973 live recordings where even on the few weaker concerts (and of course on the great ones) he simply does a perfect job.

Date: July 4, 2023 03:05

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: July 28, 2023 10:14

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: July 28, 2023 11:14

Thank you for this info smileys with beer

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: August 8, 2023 19:00

[www.youtube.com]

I'm sure this has already been posted, but man, what a job this guy did breaking down the MT solo on Gimme Shelter from Philly 1972

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2023 11:08

What's on my mind right now...?

It's a shame Mick Taylor isn't a special guest on the new album, but maybe he will be and the surprise hasn't been revealed yet!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 9, 2023 11:17

Don't hold your breath.

Date: September 5, 2023 16:02

While there's nothing new in the subject I found this interview. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Date: September 5, 2023 16:20

TheflyingDutchman
While there's nothing new in the subject I found this interview. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Any new theories in there?

Date: September 5, 2023 17:03

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

Any new theories in there?

The age / generation / mentality factor -compared with Bill Wyman- is something new to me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...292293294295296297298299300301302...LastNext
Current Page: 297 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home