Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...293294295296297298299300301302303...LastNext
Current Page: 298 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: September 5, 2023 17:28

Never heard that before confused smiley

Date: September 13, 2023 00:17

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 13, 2023 17:17

IMO, this record is the highlight of Mick's career.

Date: September 13, 2023 23:06

MartinB

Certainly one of his best. It's all in there

Date: September 14, 2023 22:38

This player does a good job.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 15, 2023 00:15

TheflyingDutchman
While there's nothing new in the subject I found this interview. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Thanks! This a straightforward, short interview with a a lot feeling. Smart. Nostalgic. Says Mick Taylor brought the sky to the Stones. Makes me both sad and happy.

Date: September 20, 2023 19:18

The Joker
TheflyingDutchman
While there's nothing new in the subject I found this interview. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Thanks! This a straightforward, short interview with a a lot feeling. Smart. Nostalgic. Says Mick Taylor brought the sky to the Stones. Makes me both sad and happy.

I agree. thumbs up

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: September 20, 2023 19:33

For so many years: NO Words, no concerts, no Photos! Like a phantom ..
Are there a signs of live?

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: September 20, 2023 23:47

Hopefully he is just enjoying life.

MT bestowed a huge amount of live music already, much of which has not really been systematically heard, nor his various bands analyzed. Many hours of newly circulated recordings have just dropped (see StonyRoad's many recent efforts, which keep coming).

To get a sense of the huge scope of just listening to it all once, see GimmeMT.com (a new MT-focused site still in beta).

Much of the site is dedicated to unearthing Mick Taylor performances and moments that his fans need to hear and enjoy.

There is plenty of room for contributing and participating there as well, while we wait around and hope for some new MT performances -- maybe a triumphant curtain call tour?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 21, 2023 12:51

TheflyingDutchman
MartinB

Certainly one of his best. It's all in there
Brussels1973.And others from 1969-1973

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 21, 2023 15:32

maidenlane
Hopefully he is just enjoying life.

MT bestowed a huge amount of live music already, much of which has not really been systematically heard, nor his various bands analyzed. Many hours of newly circulated recordings have just dropped (see StonyRoad's many recent efforts, which keep coming).

To get a sense of the huge scope of just listening to it all once, see GimmeMT.com (a new MT-focused site still in beta).

Much of the site is dedicated to unearthing Mick Taylor performances and moments that his fans need to hear and enjoy.

There is plenty of room for contributing and participating there as well, while we wait around and hope for some new MT performances -- maybe a triumphant curtain call tour?

He recorded another album’s worth of material during the Stones Throw sessions, hopefully he decides to get it mixed/mastered and released digitally. The guy could be recording an Albert King tribute album and distribute it himself these days. The older generation of Indy artists hasn’t really been taking advantage of new distribution models.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 15:33 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 22, 2023 03:55

According to Snowy White (saw them play together in London in 1992) Mick wasn't big on rehearsals : [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 22, 2023 13:13

Thank You. thumbs up

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: September 22, 2023 17:13

I cycled past his house about a month ago. I saw him from the back. He was busy gardening. He lives a secluded life in the village of Diever, half an hour from where I live in Holland.

He doesn't want autograph hunters stalking him, so he asked local shopkeepers to not tell where he lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 17:18 by Jalfstra.

Date: September 22, 2023 19:25

Jalfstra

He doesn't want autograph hunters stalking him, so he asked local shopkeepers to not tell where he lives.

Hopefully no boobytraps in the garden ?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 22, 2023 19:39

I was walking home from my job at a restaurant in NYC 89 or 90 I think and saw Mick Taylor's name on the marquee at the old Lone Star Cafe so stopped in and caught whatever was left of his show. I don't think I even paid a cover and seem to remember (though this is long ago) it wasn't very crowded, so enjoyed the opportunity to sit and have a beer and listen.. Never saw him with the Stones tho

Date: October 16, 2023 15:34

Decent people

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: October 16, 2023 22:37

where´s mick?

Date: October 16, 2023 22:55

gustavobala
where´s mick?

From left to right: Mick Taylor, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards.

Date: November 6, 2023 23:44

Glam Descendant
I know Taylor used to have a wife named Rose but I believe he's married since then. Anyone know his wife's name? Was he ever married to someone named Valerie?

His partner Valerie Jarvis you mean? You can find a short and odd story told by her and Taylor ( happened in 1977) in a book called "True Hauntings". Several well known musicians telling spooky stories there btw.eye popping smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 02:02

Which guitar part does he play on the studio version of Live With Me.And Heartbreaker besides the solo

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 25, 2023 03:44

Rose Millar who as I recall subsequently was married to Jack Bruce for a while.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 25, 2023 11:43

The Joker
TheflyingDutchman

Interesting that he says at 0:30 that they were at the airport (doesn't say which one) headed for Rotterdam when Taylor showed up and said he wasn't going. The story's always been that Mick J, Mick T. and Ronnie were at a "party" and Mick T. broke the news to Mick J. who then went crying to Ronnie...a story told by Ronnie of course.

What doesn't work in Tapani Talo's story though is that they first went to Munich before going Rotterdam as evidenced by the recordings done there in December 1974 before moving to Rotterdam in February 1975. So was Taylor excused from the Munich sessions but was still supposed to go to Rotterdam ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:30

I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think that the last time Mick Taylor was on stage was 7th October 2016 with Ben Waters et al at the Bacon Theatre, Cheltenham. Such a shame for us that he's off the circuit but if that's what he wants, then good for him.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 26, 2023 16:32

chriseganstar
I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think that the last time Mick Taylor was on stage was 7th October 2016 with Ben Waters et al at the Bacon Theatre, Cheltenham.

Et voilà.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 26, 2023 19:54

TheflyingDutchman
chriseganstar
I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think that the last time Mick Taylor was on stage was 7th October 2016 with Ben Waters et al at the Bacon Theatre, Cheltenham.

Et voilà.

[www.facebook.com]

I was there.
IIRC the last number of the night was Crossroads played by most if not all of the musicians on the list, featuring Terry Reid on vocal.

Can’t believe Mick T. hasn’t played in public for seven years…

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 26, 2023 23:18

RisingStone
TheflyingDutchman
chriseganstar

Et voilà.

[www.facebook.com]

I was there.
IIRC the last number of the night was Crossroads played by most if not all of the musicians on the list, featuring Terry Reid on vocal.

Me neither...forgot about that one 20 days later. I was very fortunate to have been a guest at Vonnies (Bacon) and watched the whole show nd the soundcheck from the wings. Happy days indeed.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: December 1, 2023 22:51

chriseganstar
RisingStone
TheflyingDutchman
chriseganstar

Et voilà.

[www.facebook.com]

I was there.

Me neither...forgot about that one 20 days later. I was very fortunate to have been a guest at Vonnies (Bacon) and watched the whole show nd the soundcheck from the wings. Happy days indeed.

Mick Taylor and Jack's son, Malcom.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 2, 2023 06:48

TheflyingDutchman

Wow. A GREAT capture of Dylan... and Mick T! That ending.

Yet horrendous - HORRENDOUS - videoing!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 2, 2023 13:04

I guess Mick Taylor has retired like Dave Edmunds, Mark Knofler. Unlike Mick, Keith and Ronnie some musicians from that generation don't the driving force in them to keep going and that is understandable.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...293294295296297298299300301302303...LastNext
Current Page: 298 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home