Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 23:57

ExileonTaylorStreet
Regarding Taylor and "Chacal": No one else has a girlfriend or a spouse or a staff member participating on the message boards, nevermind battling with the fans, nevermind belittling the Stones. Sad.thumbs down

Exactly. In contrast, Wyman handled it perfectly.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 7, 2015 03:47

So, what exactly are Mick Taylor's plans for future activity? Will he be resuming with playing solo dates? Has anyone heard anything lately? It's been several months since his last date with the Stones, and he seems to have been inactive as regards performing. What's next for MT?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:03

stonehearted
So, what exactly are Mick Taylor's plans for future activity? Will he be resuming with playing solo dates? Has anyone heard anything lately? It's been several months since his last date with the Stones, and he seems to have been inactive as regards performing. What's next for MT?

The question everyone is wondering about, no doubt. One of the frustrations of having his "representatives" providing such little information, most of it about the past.

Perhaps he's waiting for an invitation to join the South American tour? I tend to think that since he was so energized and elated to play his 11 minutes a night that he is still hoping for more of the same. Almost anything else after playing with and touring with the Stones is bound to be a bit of a come down.

I think he's just getting weary of it all, taking break to recharge his batteries and waiting for the inspiration to continue a solo venture or another call from the Stones.

peace

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:49

ExileonTaylorStreet
Regarding Taylor and "Chacal": No one else has a girlfriend or a spouse or a staff member participating on the message boards, nevermind battling with the fans, nevermind belittling the Stones. Sad.thumbs down

On the contrary, I enjoy the inside information. Yes, she corrects what she feels is misinformation (sometimes in a very direct manner), but I don't find her to be rude or combative.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2015 05:19

Reagan
ExileonTaylorStreet

On the contrary, I enjoy the inside information. Yes, she corrects what she feels is misinformation (sometimes in a very direct manner), but I don't find her to be rude or combative.
How MT and his people run his affairs is a completely different issue than whether he can contribute to the current Stones. If he were half the business man that Wood is he'd have it all. If Wood were half the guitar player Mick T is, maybe less of us would be hung up on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 05:23 by DoomandGloom.

Date: June 7, 2015 08:40

DoomandGloom
If he were half the business man that Wood is he'd have it all.

Wood a businessman? I've always been under the impression the Stones have had to bail him out more than once. No doubt his painting and his touring income have helped his more recent success but I get the impression he leaves true business decisions and general such orchestrations to others.

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 08:49

Naturalust
DoomandGloom

Wood a businessman? I've always been under the impression the Stones have had to bail him out more than once. No doubt his painting and his touring income have helped his more recent success but I get the impression he leaves true business decisions and general such orchestrations to others.

peace

i assume he is talking about smarts in how to conduct oneself professionally.

can you imagine sally wood posting on IORR that ronnie really wants to solo more and let loose but the stones won't let him, or that ronnie is pushing them to play more deep cuts but they refuse to listen to him? or complaining that ronnie didn't get proper songwriting credit on some song from the 70s?

it would never happen. in business if you have a beef with someone you tell them to their face and you discuss it like adults. you don't conduct your affairs on internet message boards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 08:52 by Turner68.

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:42

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 7, 2015 11:45

Turner68
Naturalust
DoomandGloom

peace

can you imagine sally wood posting on IORR that ronnie really wants to solo more and let loose but the stones won't let him, or that ronnie is pushing them to play more deep cuts but they refuse to listen to him? or complaining that ronnie didn't get proper songwriting credit on some song from the 70s?

it would never happen. in business if you have a beef with someone you tell them to their face and you discuss it like adults. you don't conduct your affairs on internet message boards.

Point taken to an extent, but its all small beer isn't it? So what his manager/girlfriend whoever posts here? In some ways its sad, in others its not. Mick Taylor is not dealing from a position of power here - which doesn't explain or justify everything, but despite the enormous financial and PR success in Glimmer-land, professionalism is relative.

Can I imagine Sally Wood posting Ronnie's complaints here? No, I can't.. And in that respect Taylor owns this little plot of shame for now.. Que up that perennial IORR favorite image of a fat Taylor with a fast food soft drink or beer in his hand... But, seriously now, lets be fair.. Is the bar in Stones-land really set that high? "Adults" "conducting oneself professionally".."face to face"... There are many examples that make me think its not, and most are not as inconsequential as posting on a msg board. I think the issue is actually that of Rolling Stones INC vs Mick Taylor. For members, RSinc covers a multitude of sins, and is no doubt quite professional. For Taylor, those benefits do not extend to non-members, and in that respect, and to the point, Taylor's management is amateurish at times. If that is the point, then, yes, I agree. But its not that strange to me.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:00

Please, Sally is to the Stones what Kate is to the Royals.
She tweets herself, usually upbeat Stones related stuff [twitter.com]
From what I can tell, she's got musical taste as well. What's not to like?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:12

Nikkei
Please, Sally is to the Stones what Kate is to the Royals.
She tweets herself, usually upbeat Stones related stuff [twitter.com]
From what I can tell, she's got musical taste as well. What's not to like?

Nothing. She is an intelligent woman who had a high profile career as a theater producer before she married Ronnie. Really Kleerie, you need to step off the ledge on this one.

Date: June 7, 2015 15:27

An intelligent woman for sure.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:31

ExileonTaylorStreet
kleermaker

It would surprise me if Sally Wood (if that's her name) is able to post anything anyway. Seldom seen a girl with such a dumb face expression.

Right on Kleer, you gotta lay it on the line. I bet some folks in the Taylor-camp agree with you. cool smiley

Is this where you really want to go with the whole Taylor vs. Wood thing? Keep it up and I"m sure BV will be happy to close this thread again. I think some of you probably have a dumb expression on your faces right now.

Date: June 7, 2015 15:49

kleermaker

It would surprise me if Sally Wood (if that's her name) is able to post anything anyway. Seldom seen a girl with such a dumb face expression.

Right on Kleermaker, you gotta lay it on the line.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:29

ExileonTaylorStreet
latebloomer
ExileonTaylorStreet
kleermaker

Right on Kleer, you gotta lay it on the line. I bet some folks in the Taylor-camp agree with you. cool smiley

Is this where you really want to go with the whole Taylor vs. Wood thing? Keep it up and I"m sure BV will be happy to close this thread again. I think some of you probably have a dumb expression on your faces right now.

Wrong. It's obvious to me that you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Surely Kleermaker does.

Please everyone lets get back on track.

Date: June 7, 2015 16:32

Roll yourself a fat one and listen to this:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:36

DoctorFreddie
ExileonTaylorStreet
latebloomer
ExileonTaylorStreet
kleermaker

Right on Kleer, you gotta lay it on the line.
I bet some folks in the Taylor-camp agree with you. cool smiley

Wrong. It's obvious to me that you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Surely Kleermaker does.

Please everyone lets get back on track.
Ok...I don't need to see km's face expression...

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:07

I think every has to keep in mind that every participant close to the Stones likely signs contracts that include certain non-disclosures and non-disparagement and also probably limits their ability to even discuss the tour - except for the 4 members of the Stones.

If we want brutal honesty of MT here is his best quote:

"The better question is why did I live the Stones but should I have joined the in the first place." (paraphrased).

People see the riches of the Stones and mock him. But being a band is a real minute-to-minute saga. He was younger but more talented on his instrument than they were. He was mocked for it and railed against by an angry KR and undoubtedly manipulated by Brenda. He is not a confident guy and ended up on Heroin....long life for MT. In that contest his quote is beautiful in its honesty. I love MT for both his playing but his flaws and his honesty.

Date: June 7, 2015 17:14

Getondown
I think every has to keep in mind that every participant close to the Stones likely signs contracts that include certain non-disclosures and non-disparagement and also probably limits their ability to even discuss the tour - except for the 4 members of the Stones.

If we want brutal honesty of MT here is his best quote:

"The better question is why did I live the Stones but should I have joined the in the first place." (paraphrased).

People see the riches of the Stones and mock him. But being a band is a real minute-to-minute saga. He was younger but more talented on his instrument than they were. He was mocked for it and railed against by an angry KR and undoubtedly manipulated by Brenda. He is not a confident guy and ended up on Heroin....long life for MT. In that contest his quote is beautiful in its honesty. I love MT for both his playing but his flaws and his honesty.

Was Mick Taylor too good for the Stones? Mick, Keith, Bill and Charlie weren't really worthy of playing with him?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:21

kleermaker
Turner68
Naturalust
DoomandGloom

peace

Anyway, it's clear that only MT is able to tell what's on his mind right now, which is the big question of this thread.

Btw: I don't think MT is conducting his affairs here at all. We also don't know anything about his contact with the Stones or what he has or hasn't discussed with them. So again this is speculation.

I know you're often very childish and arrogant but this...

Coming from someone who always likes to point at others for being wrong or otherwise accusing them for not having the same superior moral standards you like us to believe you have.
Claiming you are the one who is decent when someone does not agree with you :

"...let the decent members just doing their thing here..."

I remember what you told Dandy once:
"... it are the trolls and the trolls in disguise who suffer from bitterness. You know exactly what I mean."

And this one to me:
"The aggressiveness of people like Dreamer c.s. is just food for psychologists. Or perhaps even more for psychiatrists."

Tell me Mr. Kleermaker what we should do with the bitterness and food you serve us with this comment about Sally Wood?

Date: June 7, 2015 17:38

I think kleerie will be the first to acknowledge that this was a bad joke that looks even worse than intended in writing.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:43

This is a bad president attacking people instead of the music itself. Taylor is great at only one thing, playing guitar. Ronnie is a genius socialite, rock star. I have little doubt if he were left to his own skill there would be better music but he understands the stage politics. Taylor does not, plays each note like it is his last, he has no reverence to this band, never has, he plays for keeps, that is why he is admired as a great artist
Perhaps the strangulation of RW skills set him into him a decade of not giving a darn and polluting himself at gigs. Nonetheless SW is a non issue and clearly a classy dame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 17:49 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:44

Seems like some people seeing a great opportunity to get this thread closed...don't step on that mine, Kleerie!

Date: June 7, 2015 17:49

alimente
Seems like some people seeing a great opportunity to get this thread closed...don't step on that mine, Kleerie!

Well saidthumbs up

Date: June 7, 2015 17:49

alimente

seems as if he's doing his best to @#$%& up this thread.
that'some kind of irony...

Date: June 7, 2015 17:55

shortfatfanny
alimente

And what about Mick Taylor. Do you like his guitarplaying? Whats your favourite Taylor/stones song? do you miss Taylor on stage on this tour? .........

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:11

DoomandGloom
This is a bad president attacking people instead of the music itself. Taylor is great at only one thing, playing guitar. Ronnie is a genius socialite, rock star. I have little doubt if he were left to his own skill there would be better music but he understands the stage politics. Taylor does not, plays each note like it is his last, he has no reverence to this band, never has, he plays for keeps, that is why he is admired as a great artist
Perhaps the strangulation of RW skills set him into him a decade of not giving a darn and polluting himself at gigs. Nonetheless SW is a non issue and clearly a classy dame.

Yes please. Let's get back to attacking the music.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:14

The obvious reason Mick Taylor is not saying anything himself is that he doesn't want to jeopardize future opportunities with the Stones. As someone pointed out, this is not an even power relationship.

Date: June 7, 2015 18:29

I truly don't believe that we can assume whomever is posting on on FB or here on Taylors behalf can be considered anything close to his "management". That would be like saying Charlotte Watts is the Stones management because she posts setlists on Twitter or someone who runs a Stones fansite or Facebook page is Stones management. It is a good question though, who is managing Mick Taylor these days?

Taylor's own comments on recently playing with the Stones have all been exceptionally positive. I'd like to believe he remains good friends with all of them and we will see him playing with them again in the not too distant future. Until we hear from Taylor himself we should all try to remain positive on the subject.

peace

Date: June 7, 2015 18:41

DoctorFreddie
shortfatfanny
alimente

And what about Mick Taylor. Do you like his guitarplaying? Whats your favourite Taylor/stones song? do you miss Taylor on stage on this tour? .........

now this could've been a very nice MT poll thread and the answers are :
1) of course
2) live MR from Brussels 73
3) again of course ( implies that I don't feel the need to speculate endlessly about the reasons why he is not ).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home