Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:45

This would be a great time for Taylor to write a book, now that he's been back in the "spotlight" for a bit. I'm sure his return alone would be fascinating reading if presented properly. It would definitely put a few quid in his pocket.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:54

shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
shortfatfanny
alimente
Seems like some people seeing a great opportunity to get this thread closed...don't step on that mine, Kleerie!

seems as if he's doing his best to @#$%& up this thread.
that'some kind of irony...

And what about Mick Taylor. Do you like his guitarplaying? Whats your favourite Taylor/stones song? do you miss Taylor on stage on this tour? .........

now this could've been a very nice MT poll thread and the answers are :
1) of course
2) live MR from Brussels 73
3) again of course ( implies that I don't feel the need to speculate endlessly about the reasons why he is not ).

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:14

71Tele
The obvious reason Mick Taylor is not saying anything himself is that he doesn't want to jeopardize future opportunities with the Stones. As someone pointed out, this is not an even power relationship.

Indeed. The comparison with Wyman doesn't work because Wyman left the Stones in very different circumstances, is very rich and has plenty of his own stuff going on. Wyman is also well capable of organising his own solo career and making things happen, whereas Taylor seems to depend far more on other people, be they the Stones, Ronnie Wood, Carla Olsen or others around him.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:23

shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
And what about Mick Taylor. Do you like his guitarplaying? Whats your favourite Taylor/stones song? do you miss Taylor on stage on this tour? .........
1) of course
3) again of course ( implies that I don't feel the need to speculate endlessly about the reasons why he is not ).
You're undermining the entire fabric of this website's discussions...

However, I agree with your points, except my favorite Taylor/Stones (live) song is this version of GS. (If anyone knows where and when this is from, please tell me)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 19:25 by HearMeKnockin.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:44

HearMeKnockin
shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
1) of course

However, I agree with your points, except my favorite Taylor/Stones (live) song is this version of GS. (If anyone knows where and when this is from, please tell me)

I don't know :-(

In my opinion 69/70/71 was the pinnacle of live stones. This was chuck berry style rock and roll at its heights, with each member of the stones contributing monstrously. Mick Taylor and Keith weaving as well as the ancient art of weaving has ever been done.

It never got better than that and probably never will.
I'd love to see them play a couple chuck berry covers on this tour. Or maybe the one in South America.

Date: June 7, 2015 19:52

Turner68
HearMeKnockin
shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
1) of course

I don't know :-(

In my opinion 69/70/71 was the pinnacle of live stones. This was chuck berry style rock and roll at its heights, with each member of the stones contributing monstrously. Mick Taylor and Keith weaving as well as the ancient art of weaving has ever been done.

It never got better than that and probably never will.
I'd love to see them play a couple chuck berry covers on this tour. Or maybe the one in South America.
Chuck Berry covers would be nice...

As for when the Stones were at their peak live - let me admit first that I'm just in general not a big fan of live versions of things. However, I think we can agree that they were at their best live with MT there.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:24

From the latest interview in Rolling Stone:

"One notable absence was former guitarist Mick Taylor, a key collaborator at the original Sticky Fingers sessions. In 2012, nearly 40 years after quitting the Stones, Taylor returned as a guest on their 50 and Counting Tour, but he won't be appearing on this run. "Mick Taylor is a shadow, man – he comes and he goes," says Richards. Adds Wood, "I play the Taylor-made parts, as I call them. In a way, it's less complicated to play with just Keith."

Article

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 21:28 by andrewt.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:28

andrewt
From the latest interview in Rolling Stone:

"One notable absence was former guitarist Mick Taylor, a key collaborator at the original Sticky Fingers sessions. In 2012, nearly 40 years after quitting the Stones, Taylor returned as a guest on their 50 and Counting Tour, but he won't be appearing on this run. "Mick Taylor is a shadow, man – he comes and he goes," says Richards. Adds Wood, "I play the Taylor-made parts, as I call them. In a way, it's less complicated to play with just Keith."

Interesting. Ronnie may be right that is is easier for them...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:43

andrewt
Adds Wood, "I play the Taylor-made parts, as I call them. In a way, it's less complicated to play with just Keith."

Less complicated than playing with Taylor and Keith? Is Ronnie somewhat still shaken by how Taylor complicated his work by playing on one song? Seems it would actually be less complicated since Ronnie could kick back and try to find his space without the need to play so much.

peace

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 7, 2015 22:46

Naturalust
andrewt
Adds Wood, "I play the Taylor-made parts, as I call them. In a way, it's less complicated to play with just Keith."

Less complicated than playing with Taylor and Keith? Is Ronnie somewhat still shaken by how Taylor complicated his work by playing on one song? Seems it would actually be less complicated since Ronnie could kick back and try to find his space without the need to play so much. Vf

peace
Wood's Chuck Berry riffs in MR last night says it all. Is that all he's got for a blues rock classic? Double stops, horrific slop.Mick saves the day with his terrific harmonica but come now this is a guitar band, I am sorry but they need some solid guitar playing.

Date: June 7, 2015 23:19

DoomandGloom
Naturalust
andrewt

Less complicated than playing with Taylor and Keith? Is Ronnie somewhat still shaken by how Taylor complicated his work by playing on one song? Seems it would actually be less complicated since Ronnie could kick back and try to find his space without the need to play so much. Vf

peace
Wood's Chuck Berry riffs in MR last night says it all. Is that all he's got for a blues rock classic? Double stops, horrific slop.Mick saves the day with his terrific harmonica but come now this is a guitar band, I am sorry but they need some solid guitar playing.

scratch rambler and play no expectations and sweet little sixteen instead.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:22

latebloomer
ExileonTaylorStreet
kleermaker

It would surprise me if Sally Wood (if that's her name) is able to post anything anyway. Seldom seen a girl with such a dumb face expression.

Right on Kleer, you gotta lay it on the line. I bet some folks in the Taylor-camp agree with you. cool smiley

Is this where you really want to go with the whole Taylor vs. Wood thing? Keep it up and I"m sure BV will be happy to close this thread again. I think some of you probably have a dumb expression on your faces right now.

Don't take it personal or serious Latebloomer, it's of no importance. Bjornulf will rather ban me than close this thread - *little 'dumb face' icon*

Date: June 7, 2015 23:22

DoomandGloom
Double stops, horrific slop.

Man you talk about double stops like they are a bad virus or something and have no place in blues rock. eye popping smiley Perhaps they didn't work for you in MR last night but properly done they are an amazing technique in the guitarists toolbox. Just sayin...

peace

Date: June 7, 2015 23:31

DoctorFreddie
alimente
Seems like some people seeing a great opportunity to get this thread closed...don't step on that mine, Kleerie!

Well saidthumbs up

Some people have a lack of feel for irony and humour, taking everything here too serious.

Date: June 7, 2015 23:34

HearMeKnockin
shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
1) of course

It's from the European 1973 tour, London Sept. 9.

Date: June 7, 2015 23:39

kleermaker
HearMeKnockin
shortfatfanny
DoctorFreddie
1) of course

Your knowledge of 1973 shows is pretty amazing. Thanks. I'm curious of what you think the best '73 show was, and what in your opinion was the best show the Stones ever played?

peace

Date: June 8, 2015 00:16

kleermaker
Thanks, kleermaker.thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2015 01:45

Naturalust
DoomandGloom

Man you talk about double stops like they are a bad virus or something and have no place in blues rock. eye popping smiley Perhaps they didn't work for you in MR last night but properly done they are an amazing technique in the guitarists toolbox. Just sayin...

peace
They go there for every song it seems. It's a cop out for not getting any momentum or melody going.

Date: June 8, 2015 02:08

DoomandGloom
Naturalust
DoomandGloom

peace
They go there for every song it seems. It's a cop out for not getting any momentum or melody going.

Well I wouldn't call either Keith or Ronnie particularly melodic lead players. grinning smiley
Was was kinda interesting was Keith's initial burst of notes on the SFD solo in Dallas. Where was he going to go from there? Still not quite sure what to make of it actually.

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:15

<<This is a bad president>>

Date: June 8, 2015 02:57

stonehearted
<<This is a bad president>>

yup I know, was typing from my phone while sipping very rare Rye hailing to be George Washington's personal recipe. Completely clear, 50 bucks a pint, very presidential. I will stop beating a dead white horse but I have to say I think the guitar playing is getting worse on the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 03:00 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 8, 2015 05:06

kleermaker
latebloomer
ExileonTaylorStreet
kleermaker

It would surprise me if Sally Wood (if that's her name) is able to post anything anyway. Seldom seen a girl with such a dumb face expression.

Right on Kleer, you gotta lay it on the line. I bet some folks in the Taylor-camp agree with you. cool smiley

Is this where you really want to go with the whole Taylor vs. Wood thing? Keep it up and I"m sure BV will be happy to close this thread again. I think some of you probably have a dumb expression on your faces right now.

Don't take it personal or serious Latebloomer, it's of no importance. Bjornulf will rather ban me than close this thread - *little 'dumb face' icon*

I was a bit testy this morning, but I'm over it Kleerie. I had a nice dinner and a Martini, so I'm all about "it's of no importance" right now. Say whatever you like, your Stones YouTube channel makes up for it all...almost. But, I really must stay away from here...ya'll drive me a little crazy.

Date: June 8, 2015 05:15

latebloomer
I was a bit testy this morning, but I'm over it Kleerie. I had a nice dinner and a Martini, so I'm all about "it's of no importance" right now. Say whatever you like, your Stones YouTube channel makes up for it all...almost. But, I really must stay away from here...ya'll drive me a little crazy.

Aww, stick around bloomer, a little pre-coffee levity is just what we need sometimes. But please don't use the phrase Wood vs. Taylor here. We have spent considerable effort trying to disguise that sentiment in very clever ways. smoking smiley

peace

Date: June 8, 2015 05:48

Naturalust
latebloomer
Aww, stick around bloomer, a little pre-coffee levity is just what we need sometimes. But please don't use the phrase Wood vs. Taylor here. We have spent considerable effort trying to disguise that sentiment in very clever ways. smoking smiley

We have enough conflict on this website without bringing ... that one conflict involving 70s guitarists ... back into it. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Getondown ()
Date: June 8, 2015 17:21

Write a book? WTF don't you all get? He is under contract. The Stones won't allow that or disparagement.

This is why you don't hear from Mick Taylor - he can't say anything.

He can't comment on the tour without prior consent or if he does it has to be positive. Do you think Brenda would allow otherwise? GMAFB.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 8, 2015 17:23

Getondown
Write a book? WTF don't you all get? He is under contract. The Stones won't allow that or disparagement.

He can't comment on the tour without prior consent or if he does it has to be positive. Do you think Brenda would allow otherwise? GMAFB.

and how exactly do you know this?

Date: June 8, 2015 17:47

Ket
Getondown

it just makes sense that it would be true. he has disparaged the band in the past. as part of taking him on tour and paying him money, it would make sense they'd have him sign something that he isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 8, 2015 17:52

Turner68
Ket
Getondown

it just makes sense that it would be true. he has disparaged the band in the past. as part of taking him on tour and paying him money, it would make sense they'd have him sign something that he isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him.

total speculation

Date: June 8, 2015 18:08

Getondown

That's why he posted THE ONLY negative review of the SD show on his Facebook page?

Date: June 8, 2015 18:13

Ket
Turner68
Ket
Getondown

total speculation

absolutely. notice that i never posted that. i was just explaining why someone would conclude that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home