Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: SONGS YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ON THIS TOUR.
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:22

Doom and Gloom / Shattered / Happy

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:35

So.... pretty much every song they have is listed in this thread.

It would be funny if Mick came out, referred to this thread and said, "OK all them grumps on IORR, except for that cool guy Leonioid who is great, have said they dont want to hear ANY of our songs anymore, so tonight we will be reading "The Great Gatsby"... Keith will start"

And then Mick would say "If Leoniod is here tonight, please come up to the side of the stage we got some rockandroll girls thats just dying to meet you, and we will be playing an accoustic set of war horses back stage for you and other people who do not constantly complain"

And then Keith would say
"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

And I would make my way back stage...

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:37

JJF/B Sugar/Satisfaction/Sympathy/SMU/Piss U/YCAGWYW

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:32

71Tele
Out Of Control
Rock & A Hard Place
It's Only Rock & Roll
Doom & Gloom

Out of Control was a highlight last year.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:50

Well, it would kinda bum me out to hear The Last Time...

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 13, 2015 02:50

Leonioid

It would be funny if Mick came out, referred to this thread and said, "OK all them grumps on IORR, except for that cool guy Leonioid who is great, have said they dont want to hear ANY of our songs anymore, so tonight we will be reading "The Great Gatsby"... Keith will start"

And then Mick would say "If Leoniod is here tonight, please come up to the side of the stage we got some rockandroll girls thats just dying to meet you, and we will be playing an accoustic set of war horses back stage for you and other people who do not constantly complain"

And then Keith would say
"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”

very nice

Date: May 13, 2015 03:15

Bsebastian
Leonioid

And then Keith would say

very nice

:)

I am guessing that just about the time Keith gets to the word plagiaristic... and the crowd realizes Mick was not kidding, that everyone who nit picked and complained about which particular songs they did not want to hear will begin to have regrets as they realize that no where on their ticket does it say what exactly the Rolling Stones have to perform on stage... and because every Stones song was on the DO NOT PLAY list... then reading "The Great Gatsby" it will be...

and the crowd will begin to wail and beg-
PLEASE!!PLEASE!!! ANY STONES SONG WILL BE OK!!!
PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! WE'RE SORRY FOR NIT PICKING THE SET LIST!!!

But Keith will be steadfast and continue reading...
until Ronnie takes reading over in chapter 2

"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

He didn't say any more, but we've always been unusually communicative in a reserved way, and I understood that he meant a great deal more than that. In consequence, I'm inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores. The abnormal mind is quick to detect and attach itself to this quality when it appears in a normal person, and so it came about that in college I was unjustly accused of being a politician, because I was privy to the secret griefs of wild, unknown men. Most of the confidences were unsought-frequently I have feigned sleep, preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon; for the intimate revelations of young men, or at least the terms in which they express them, are usually
plagiaristic...

Meanwhile, I will be back stage having the time of life
and be so happy that I never nit picked about the setlist...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 13, 2015 04:26

MISS YOU!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2015 04:28

shortfatfanny
71Tele
Out Of Control
Rock & A Hard Place
It's Only Rock & Roll
Doom & Gloom

Out of Control was a highlight last year.

Not for me it wasn't.

Date: May 13, 2015 04:32

Date: May 13, 2015 04:35

Leonioid

Where did you find my picture?

Date: May 13, 2015 04:36

I don't want to hear Seasons In The Sun or MacArthur Park.

Date: May 13, 2015 04:48

Ronnie begins reading...
The Great Gatsby (Chapter 2)
"About half way between West Egg and New York the motor road hastily joins the railroad and runs beside it for a quarter of a mile, so as to shrink away from a certain desolate area of land. This is a valley of ashes-a fantastic farm where ashes grow like wheat into ridges and hills and grotesque gardens; where ashes take the forms of houses and chimneys and rising smoke and, finally, with a transcendent effort, of men who move dimly and already crumbling through the powdery air. Occasionally a line of gray cars crawls along an invisible track, gives out a ghastly creak, and comes to rest, and immediately the ash-gray men swarm up with leaden spades and stir up an impenetrable cloud, which screens their obscure operations from your sight.

But above the gray land and the spasms of bleak dust which drift endlessly over it, you perceive, after a moment, the eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg. The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic-their irises are one yard high.
They look out of no face, but, instead, from a pair of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose..."

Date: May 13, 2015 05:01

Leonioid
Ronnie begins reading...
The Great Gatsby (Chapter 2)
"About half way between West Egg and New York the motor road hastily joins the railroad and runs beside it for a quarter of a mile, so as to shrink away from a certain desolate area of land. This is a valley of ashes-a fantastic farm where ashes grow like wheat into ridges and hills and grotesque gardens; where ashes take the forms of houses and chimneys and rising smoke and, finally, with a transcendent effort, of men who move dimly and already crumbling through the powdery air. Occasionally a line of gray cars crawls along an invisible track, gives out a ghastly creak, and comes to rest, and immediately the ash-gray men swarm up with leaden spades and stir up an impenetrable cloud, which screens their obscure operations from your sight.

But above the gray land and the spasms of bleak dust which drift endlessly over it, you perceive, after a moment, the eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg. The eyes of Doctor T. J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic-their irises are one yard high.
They look out of no face, but, instead, from a pair of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose..."

OK, Andy Kaufman...

Date: May 13, 2015 05:04

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 13, 2015 05:48

Miss You
Emotional Rescue
You Got Me Rocking
Rock and a Hard Place
Angie
Like a Rolling Stone
Worried About You
The gratuitous cover (e.g, I'll Go Crazy, Love Train, Night Time Is the Right Time, or Can't Get Next to You)

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 13, 2015 06:18

I didn't know there was so much dislike for Out Of Control and You Got Me Rocking. I like them both. And I like the covers. I thought Love Train was a good choice.

Personally, I'm tired of all the warhorses. I'd skip 'em all. I can't imagine how the Stones make it fresh for themselves year after year. They must just feed off the crowd energy. But I think they could make a crowd pleasing setlist from their other, lesser played material.

Anyway, if I had to choose one above all, it would be Tumbling Dice. I also agree that they should restrain the horns a bit more on the songs that didn't have them on their original arrangement.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 13, 2015 06:56

Already posted this but Miss You would be a welcome deletion.

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 07:03

If I had to pick one, You Can't Always Get What You Want. I'd also love Satisfaction not to be touring with them this time. But something tells me we'll be hearing both.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 07:54

Start Me Up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 13, 2015 08:09

Miss You, Shattered, Happy, JJF, Satisfaction, and please NOT Start Me Up.

The list of what I'd love to hear is much, much longer.

And for you leonioid, indeed a special invitation to the warhorse theater with a special chair to keep you nice and attentive. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 13, 2015 08:21

I hope the finally tour behind Dirty Work.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 13, 2015 08:46

Start Me Up
One More Shot
Doom & Gloom
You Got Me Rocking
Rock and a Hard Place
Out Of Control

Date: May 13, 2015 10:22

Naturalust
Miss You, Shattered, Happy, JJF, Satisfaction, and please NOT Start Me Up.

The list of what I'd love to hear is much, much longer.

And for you leonioid, indeed a special invitation to the warhorse theater with a special chair to keep you nice and attentive. grinning smiley

peace

Shattered? I'd be more than happy to get that one!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 13, 2015 10:34

Have you seen your mother baby standing in the shadow demand Bill on Bass...hope they skip that one...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 13, 2015 10:37

I don't really mind what they want to play but I certainly love "Sway" and a few of the other rare tunes.

I am happy hear the regular suspects or whatever suits their fantasy. I mean, they are classic for a reason.

It's only rock n roll, but I like it winking smileysmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2015 10:38

Come On
Have you seen your mother baby standing in the shadow demand Bill on Bass...hope they skip that one...

Don't worry grinning smiley

Mick did a good job with it, though.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 13, 2015 11:13

potus43
JJF/B Sugar/ ...

You GOTTA be kidding.

"You gotta be a real sourpuss, mate, not to get up there and [paraphrasing: HEAR] "Jumpin' Jack Flash" without feeling like, "C'mon, everybody, let's go!" It's like riding a wild horse." (Keith, Rolling Stone - 2002)

(I hope you didn't buy tickets for this tour? 'cause frankly, I don't know what you see in them. winking smiley )

P.S.: just for laughs here, Potus. Don't take it the wrong way. Enjoy the gigs if you're going; and I hope for your sake that they won't play any song that you don't want to hear. All the better for you, then! I wouldn't mind a bit, since I can't be there anyway.smoking smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 12:40 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 13, 2015 11:18

Emotional Rescue!!!!!! Ughsmoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2015 14:39

Naturalust

Is this the technique you Mick Taylor cult members use to indoctrinate new members into the Mick Taylor cult? grinning smiley

peace

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home