Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: SONGS YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ON THIS TOUR.
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 13, 2015 16:42

Leonioid
Naturalust

Is this the technique you Mick Taylor cult members use to indoctrinate new members into the Mick Taylor cult? grinning smiley

peace

Naw, this is only for posters who spend half their time complaining and judging other Stones fans instead of discussing the music and the band. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 13, 2015 16:43

Naturalust
Leonioid
Naturalust

Is this the technique you Mick Taylor cult members use to indoctrinate new members into the Mick Taylor cult? grinning smiley

peace

Naw, this is only for posters who spend half their time complaining and judging other Stones fans instead of discussing the music and the band. smoking smiley

So people like you ?

peace

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 17:01

Probably already said here, but as much as I love most of the songs from 1968-1972, if Mick Taylor is not on board then avoid some of these songs. For example, without MT I would not want to hear:

Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Sway
Love In Vain
Moonlight Mile

With MT, these would be my requests and highlights of any show even exceeding the always great MR.

to name a few.

I don't want to hear many of the warhorses also mentioned like IORR, You Got Me Rocking, the slow tempo version of PIB, or even the slow tempo of JJF. I would love for Chuck's solo to be cut from HTW as well. Frankly though, all of this is too self serving and even though we are shelling out a lot of dough for these shows, we should be thankful they are still playing.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 13, 2015 17:02

Puhleese no more Freebird!

And Sympathy for sure.... Worked to death.

The big no-play challenge: JJF, Satisfaction and HTW. C'mon boys we want to hear something different this go round! You must be sick of them also.

Date: May 13, 2015 17:02

rockdoc8885
Probably already said here, but as much as I love most of the songs from 1968-1972, if Mick Taylor is not on board then avoid some of these songs. For example, without MT I would not want to hear:

Sway
Love In Vain
Moonlight Mile

With MT, these would be my requests and highlights of any show even exceeding the always great MR.

to name a few.

I don't want to hear many of the warhorses also mentioned like IORR, You Got Me Rocking, the slow tempo version of PIB, or even the slow tempo of JJF. I would love for Chuck's solo to be cut from HTW as well. Frankly though, all of this is too self serving and even though we are shelling out a lot of dough for these shows, we should be thankful they are still playing.

Why on earth don't you wanna hear Love In Vain? Taylor didn't even play on the studio recording, and Ronnie played it with the Faces by 1969 already.

Date: May 13, 2015 17:20

Naturalust
Miss You, Shattered, Happy, JJF, Satisfaction, and please NOT Start Me Up.

The list of what I'd love to hear is much, much longer.

And for you leonioid, indeed a special invitation to the warhorse theater with a special chair to keep you nice and attentive. grinning smiley

peace

I did not address you in this tread, I try to avoid you.

You are not peaceful.

If you feel a random post is about you, even though it did not mention you, then it has more to do with your self centered feelings than anything else.

While an attacking post like this by you, then complaining about how bad it is to attack posters and concluding with the word peace seems very hypocritical.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 13, 2015 17:29

Five pages devoted to songs you don't want to hear? Perhaps we have an embarrassment of riches with the Stones have just become far too picky. I'd take what you can get while they're still around.

Date: May 13, 2015 17:35

It was a joke leonioid, sorry if you were offended by it.

peace

Date: May 13, 2015 17:39

Naturalust
It was a joke leonioid, sorry if you were offended by it.

Yes, of course it was.

Please steer clear of me and I will do the same with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 17:49 by Leonioid.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 17:49

RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
JJF/B Sugar/ ...

You GOTTA be kidding.

"You gotta be a real sourpuss, mate, not to get up there and [paraphrasing: HEAR] "Jumpin' Jack Flash" without feeling like, "C'mon, everybody, let's go!" It's like riding a wild horse." (Keith, Rolling Stone - 2002)

(I hope you didn't buy tickets for this tour? 'cause frankly, I don't know what you see in them. winking smiley )

P.S.: just for laughs here, Potus. Don't take it the wrong way. Enjoy the gigs if you're going; and I hope for your sake that they won't play any song that you don't want to hear. All the better for you, then! I wouldn't mind a bit, since I can't be there anyway.smoking smiley )

You hoped wrong. Have tickets to 7 of the shows. been seeing em since 69 a bit longer than you I reckon.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 13, 2015 18:18

potus43
RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
JJF/B Sugar/ ...

You GOTTA be kidding.

"You gotta be a real sourpuss, mate, not to get up there and [paraphrasing: HEAR] "Jumpin' Jack Flash" without feeling like, "C'mon, everybody, let's go!" It's like riding a wild horse." (Keith, Rolling Stone - 2002)

(I hope you didn't buy tickets for this tour? 'cause frankly, I don't know what you see in them. winking smiley )

P.S.: just for laughs here, Potus. Don't take it the wrong way. Enjoy the gigs if you're going; and I hope for your sake that they won't play any song that you don't want to hear. All the better for you, then! I wouldn't mind a bit, since I can't be there anyway.smoking smiley )

You hoped wrong. Have tickets to 7 of the shows. been seeing em since 69 a bit longer than you I reckon.

...7 is GREAT!! You're in for a treat; no doubt.

And I don't know what exactly you were aiming at with that last remark - but: I think, basically, everybody over here is the same: we all went to see the Stones as soon as we could... right? There's no 'prestige' just in the fact of being older, or is there. (If there was, I might as well play the 'younger' card and say "Well, I'll probably be seeing them a bit longer/ later than you (for we all know, the Stones will never stop)...right?"

Truth be told: I envy you (in good conscience & spirit, off course) - you're still around, and still going to their shows; but you did have the opportunity to see them at their best, imo - (roughly) '69-'82, warts & all, would be a highlight in rock'n'roll history because of the Stones live performances alone. I hope you made good use of that opportunity, and went to see the Stones 7 times in those days! smoking smiley (Or definitely at least once per tour...)

Which ones are you going to, this year?
(And still wondering here... when did you grow tired of Jumpin' Jack Flash?)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2015 18:37

DandelionPowderman
rockdoc8885

Sway
Love In Vain
Moonlight Mile

to name a few.

Why on earth don't you wanna hear Love In Vain? Taylor didn't even play on the studio recording, and Ronnie played it with the Faces by 1969 already.

Because the version with Taylor defined it and anything since then (including the original studio version) pales in comparison.

Date: May 13, 2015 18:41

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
rockdoc8885

Sway
Love In Vain
Moonlight Mile

to name a few.

Because the version with Taylor defined it and anything since then (including the original studio version) pales in comparison.

No and no.

You just like that solo guitar more, that's all.

There is no way Mick's singing or the overall band sound on the studio version pales in any way compared to other versions.

If so, that calls for a profound explanation smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2015 18:45

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
rockdoc8885

Sway
Love In Vain
Moonlight Mile

to name a few.

No and no.

You just like that solo guitar more, that's all.

There is no way Mick's singing or the overall band sound on the studio version pales in any way compared to other versions.

If so, that calls for a profound explanation smoking smiley

Again with the solos. You are a broken record. To repeat for the thousandth time: I like the way the whole band played better in the Taylor era. More discipline, less slop. The tension in the arrangement on Ya Yas is fantastic, Bill's melodic bass is epic. AND I like Mick's vocal better. You are entitled to your Wood-loving opinion. Please don't presume to understand what is behind mine, because you have repeatedly demonstrated that you don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 18:47 by 71Tele.

Date: May 13, 2015 18:53

I don't remember Wood playing on the studio version, which I referred to.

The other things you say don't apply to that version. So, what do we have left? Yep, Taylor's lead guitar...

Not to forget Cooder's excellent work on the original + that it is in a better key for Mick to sing in. The tension? How can the tension of the original be improved?

Date: May 13, 2015 18:55

I have agree with Tele on this one, those live versions with Taylor's lovely playing were such a treat, nothing they have done live since compares or even comes close. But I do love the album version.

Here is a version where Taylor carries the tune, just amazing what he brought to the table on this song.

peace

Date: May 13, 2015 18:56

But it is because of Taylor's solo guitar?

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 18:57

RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
JJF/B Sugar/ ...

You GOTTA be kidding.

And I don't know what exactly you were aiming at with that last remark - but: I think, basically, everybody over here is the same: we all went to see the Stones as soon as we could... right? There's no 'prestige' just in the fact of being older, or is there. (If there was, I might as well play the 'younger' card and say "Well, I'll probably be seeing them a bit longer/ later than you (for we all know, the Stones will never stop)...right?"

Truth be told: I envy you (in good conscience & spirit, off course) - you're still around, and still going to their shows; but you did have the opportunity to see them at their best, imo - (roughly) '69-'82, warts & all, would be a highlight in rock'n'roll history because of the Stones live performances alone. I hope you made good use of that opportunity, and went to see the Stones 7 times in those days! smoking smiley (Or definitely at least once per tour...)

When you go as often as i do you get tired of the warhorses esp when they drag them out

Date: May 13, 2015 19:07

DandelionPowderman

In the version I posted Taylor's solo's are pretty prominent and awesome so I'd have to agree that's a big part of it. But no doubt he is also inspiring the others in the band with his playing. The overall effect is stunning.

peace

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 13, 2015 19:20

I'd be happy if they dropped the following: Miss You, Start Me Up, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Sympathy For The Devil, You Got Me Rocking & maybe IORR.

Add other classics many fans will recognize if that's the idea: Dead Flowers, Let Me Go, Bitch, Out Of Time, She Was Hot, Last Time, All The Way Down, It's All Over Now, Saint Of Me, Mixed Emotions, Doo Doo Heartbreaker, Hang Fire, Sweet Virgina, Star Star, Monkey Man, Live With Me, Shine A Light.

MEZ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 20:18 by The Mez.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 13, 2015 19:33

hey jude.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:05

No to these songs:

1) You Got Me Rockin'

2) Miss You

3) Doom and Gloom

4) One More Shot

5) You Can't Always Get What You Want

6) It's Only Rock and Roll

7) Happy (kr)

8) Angie

9) Emotional Rescue

some songs to be inserted could include:

- Ruby Tueday

- Sway

- Not Fade Away

- Little T & A

- Hang Fire

- Memory Motel

- Let It Bleed

- Far Away Eyes

- Loving Cup

- All Down the Line / Bitch

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:14

potus43
RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
RoughJusticeOnYa
potus43
JJF/B Sugar/ ...

You GOTTA be kidding.

When you go as often as i do you get tired of the warhorses esp when they drag them out

...Too bad you got tix for séven different shows, then! grinning smiley

Nah; I hear what you're saying. They dó - it IS true; by & large and more or less, they do tend to wear out a bit, inevitably.
But still I find JJF (ànd BS, that you mentioned too I believe) a rare treat to hear, live; ànd to be part of. There's something about those that allways clicks; dragged out (a bit) or not.
So those ARE (to me, that is) & remain the exceptions.

So what's your mileage, then?! How many have you seen?

Date: May 13, 2015 20:51

DandelionPowderman
I don't remember Wood playing on the studio version, which I referred to.

The other things you say don't apply to that version. So, what do we have left? Yep, Taylor's lead guitar...

Not to forget Cooder's excellent work on the original + that it is in a better key for Mick to sing in. The tension? How can the tension of the original be improved?

I love being told what I think. Your deductions of reason are yours, not mine, so please don't apply them to my opinions.

I like the way the whole band plays on Ya Yas. #2 for me is Ladies & Gentlemen, #3 is the studio version, #4 is Stripped. All those versions are good (or great). I just think Ya Yas is the best, again, not only for the solos.

Date: May 13, 2015 20:54

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

In the version I posted Taylor's solo's are pretty prominent and awesome so I'd have to agree that's a big part of it. But no doubt he is also inspiring the others in the band with his playing. The overall effect is stunning.

peace

Thank you. Some people continue to claim that removing Taylor from the group simply replaces one guitarists solos with another's. This is the single biggest mistake people make about why people prefer the version of the band with Taylor. The entire playing dynamic was different. It is like removing a major ingredient from a recipe. It changes the whole dish.

Date: May 13, 2015 20:55

I await any and all songs they choose to play on this tour with alacrity, I actually have a plethora of alacrity about any songs they will play.

Date: May 13, 2015 20:58

Leonioid
I await any and all songs they choose to play on this tour with alacrity, I actually have a plethora of alacrity about any songs they will play.

So, Satanic Majesties in its entirety is good with you? smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2015 21:00

71Tele
Leonioid

Will they hand out some orange barrel to everyone on the way in?

Date: May 13, 2015 21:01

Leonioid
71Tele
Leonioid

That would be a nice touch!

Date: May 13, 2015 21:02

71Tele
Leonioid
71Tele
Leonioid

That would be a nice touch!
indeed
:D

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home