Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
SONGS YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ON THIS TOUR.
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 18, 2005 17:26

WE ALL SAW THE WISHLIST AND I LOVED MOST OF THE SUGGESTIONS. THAT BEING SAID THERE ARE SOME SONGS I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR. SOME SONGS ARE BETTER STUDIO AND SOME MUCH BETTER LIVE. EXAMPLE; SOME GIRLS STUDIO SO SO, SOME GIRLS LIVE ON NO SECURITY TOUR MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ON THAT TOUR

SART ME UP, BEATEN TO DEATH THEY NEVER DO MUCH WITH IT I DON'T KNOW IF THEY CAN'T OR WON'T. YEA I KNOW ITS A CROWD PLEASER.( REPLACE WITH ONE HIT TO THE BODY)

MISS YOU, NOT PLAYED MUCH ON LICKS I HOPE THIS CONTINUES

PAINT IT BLACK , DOES NOT PLAY WELL LIVE YOU WILL NEVER CONVINCE ME, I LIKED IT ON STEELE WHEELS BUT I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD A SUPERIOR LIGHT SHOW WITH IT.

IORR. SORRY BOYS AND GIRLS I LOVE THE STUDIO VERSION AND THEY CAN NEVER CAPTURE IT LIVE, IF YOU LISTEN CLOSEY LIVE IT SOUNDS LIKE A CHUCK BERRY SONG.

SHATTERED, THIS SHOULD BE PLAYED IN HELL 24/7 AS TORTURE.

BITCH, HEAD FOR THE MENS ROOM (BOOOOOOOORING)

I AM SURE THERE ARE SOME I FORGOT PLEASE REMIND ME.

Re: SONGS YOU DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ON THIS TOUR.
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: June 18, 2005 17:35

Love In Vain.....please NO !!!!!!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 18, 2005 17:43

Please no Start Me Up or You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Ane please no short versions of great songs like Angie.

And please do play Good Times Bad Times!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 18, 2005 18:10

virgil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SHATTERED, THIS SHOULD BE PLAYED IN HELL 24/7 AS
> TORTURE.

Hell ain´t a bad place to be!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-18 18:11 by TooTough.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 18, 2005 19:47

I like all those songs - I could do w/out Honkly Tonk, Tumbling Dice, or a brassy arrangement of Before they Make Me Run.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 18, 2005 19:52

1 MISS YOU

2.Miss you

3. Miss you

Posted by: G.Lespaul ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:02

Miss you
YCAGWYW

I think Shattered "Shidobeee" would be a great opener..or HYSYMBSITS

/LesPaul

[www.stonesvikings.com]
lespaul@stonesvikings.com

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:05

Start me Up
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar
IORR
Angie
YCAGWYW

All played to death but in most cases, songs they feel for some reason obliged to play every night to cater to the 'non fans'.

As a compromise, they should rotate them and play 3-4 of them at most per show.

I dont mind hearing Tumbling Dice, Sympathy, Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler and JJF each night, however. They're 'standards' that I'd genuinely miss, but I wouldnt begrudge them skipping a couple of them each show at the expense of a real nugget from the back catalogue.

I'm at a loss as to why "You got me rocking" seems such a high profile song. Its featured as an opener, as an encore and on the b-stage on the last tour. It has a status far in excess of what it deserves and I wouldnt miss it.

Posted by: G.Lespaul ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:19

"!I'm at a loss as to why "You got me rocking" seems such a high profile song. Its featured as an opener, as an encore and on the b-stage on the last tour. It has a status far in excess of what it deserves and I wouldnt miss it."

It´s a great song, definitely an opener..easy to catch.. if ya know what I mean?
/LesPaul

[www.stonesvikings.com]
lespaul@stonesvikings.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-18 20:20 by G.Lespaul.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:45

It's really difficult to leave off Start Me Up. This song is truly their last big hit. Leaving off Brown Sugar is unthinkable.....it is one of the most famous rock and roll songs of all time. Nothing and I mean nothing off of Dirty Work can replace these two.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 18, 2005 21:30

I don't want them to exclude a single classic song on the next tour, although they could play a maximum of 4 to 5 warhorses per show and in order to be able to listen to all the classic tunes you'll have to attend several shows. That'd be a great compromise as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe some of you want to drop Brown Sugar, Start Me Up, Iorr, Tumblin' Dice etc.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: June 18, 2005 21:30

Maybe the warhorses could be taught new tricks. They could start with a familiar song like Start Me Up, shift to some other song, and then return to Start Me Up. While I usually don't like medleys, doing something like this would be a way of performing hits that some people expect while pleasing those of us who crave something fresh and unexpected.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 18, 2005 21:41

YGMR is excelent as a opener, the title says it all.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 18, 2005 23:35

U2's songs or coldplay's songs before the SHOW !

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 19, 2005 00:47

Come on fellows ... A concert without "Brown Sugar", SMU, HTW, PIB, YCAGWYW, or "Satisfaction" would be NOT a real Stones concert. I think an well- balanced model could be: 10 classics "warhorses" + 10 other "diamaonds". The "others" to be alternated night by night.

PS I like the "Paint It Black" versions from Licks Tour mare than 1990 versions...

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 19, 2005 01:13

If Mick sings BS like he did at the Twickenham show in "Four Flicks", then I'd rather they didn't play it. BS was their opening number and he sang it in a monotone that was clearly about a quarter of a tone too sharp. Did anyone else notice that? It sounded awful. However, BS is one of my favorite Stones numbers and I would hope they do play it, but just don't ruin it again.

Date: June 19, 2005 01:16

Mick's best singing was on the Voodoo Lounge tour. He does tend to sing sharp....like the Press Conference.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 19, 2005 01:26

Pserchia, no no LOL> That spells medley. Medley is death. Is vegas.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: June 19, 2005 02:32

Miss You, Angie and Like A Rolling Stone....... but how always... they will not play this songs on the whole tour, till they come to Spain..... where we (the stupids ones) will eat them!!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 19, 2005 03:00

DaveG wrote:

"If Mick sings BS like he did at the Twickenham show in "Four Flicks", then I'd rather they didn't play it"

It's impressive and funny how we all have so different opinions! Just a matter of taste. For example, i love Mick's singing on that and hate Olympia's version of BS. What can a "poor" band do to satisfy a lot of so different tastes and many so assertive fans? Just play rock 'n roll!

Date: June 19, 2005 06:31

I wish for no silly obscure songs that will leave over half the audience scratching their heads and wondering what the hell is that? Dance with you brought ya.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 19, 2005 09:11

Stickydion - well said!!

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: June 19, 2005 09:21

DaveG - well agreed.

Date: June 19, 2005 10:10

Gimme Shelter, Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Women, JJG, SFM, YCAGWYW. The war horses, basically...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 19, 2005 11:02

HTW ----> Country Honk would be OK.
YCAGYW
SFTD ----> An acoustic version with Mick howling on the b-stage would be great.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: June 19, 2005 13:33

YCAGWYW was not played at any of the live Stones shows I attended. I wish it were played at every one of them. The problem for the Stones is that they have so many classics that people want to hear, there is not much room left in the set for anything else.

What I don't want to hear are songs like Hot Stuff and Hey Negrita, and many other album cuts that have many advocates on this board, but are not to my personal taste.

Worse than those album cuts are songs spoiled by non-Stones vocals, like Stop Breaking Down (Cray); Wild Horses and Memory Motel (Mathews); and all the the Sheryl Crow appearances. [if the Dave Mathews vocals could be over dubbed by Mick on the St. Louis performance of Wild Horses, you would hear one of the single greatest live performances in the Stone's career. The guitars and Keith Backing vocals on this are fabulous.]

Another series of songs I can do without are the cover songs not originally done by the Stones (Can't Get Next to You; Love Train; Rock Me Baby; and the rest). I'd much rather hear an extra warhorse in this spot. The club shows are not the place for these forays into the unknown. Rather at the club shows they should play more of the great LP cuts we seldom hear (Torn & Frayed; Heart of Stone; etc.)

As far as You Got Me Rocking, I personally like it, but I have seen many posts over the years by people who cannot understand how this song was elevated to warhorse status. I think it is simply a matter that Keith likes it and he is determined to make it a warhorse whether the fans like it or not.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 19, 2005 16:11

If they have to do Miss You then I hope it's an extended version because there WILL be a long wait for the toilet. DISCO STILL SUCKS!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 19, 2005 16:29

I guess 40000 of the 50000 people coming to the show come to hear Brown Sugar, Satisfaction and Jumping Jack Flash, and there's these hardcore fans who have been going to to much shows causing them to think the songs get boring. Come on, if you go to a Michael Jackson concert you'll always hear Billie Jean. If you go to a Eric Clapton concert you'll hear Layla. It's just what made them what they are.

What I don't want is those stupid guest performances. I guess the Stones like doing it but I don't think the crowd really cares about for example Sheryl Crow. I mean; if they'd pick a more fitting artist like for example Eric Clapton(wich they did on Little Red Rooster in 1989 and was great) or something totally un-fitting like Justin Timberlake(wich was funny in Torronto, haha). But not those stupid Sheryl Crow and Dave Mathews kind of artist. It would me more fun to hear Jagger/Bowie sing Dancing In The Streets or something than just hear Sheryl Crow @#$%& up the classics.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 19, 2005 17:06

I could do without YCAGWYW, Angie, Wild Horses. I love slow songs but these just don't do it for me klive anymore.

I would love if they play Miss You again on this tour but like the '78/'81 versions. I liked it how they played it on Licks. I loved it during the Stade the France show with Mick on Harp.
I understand why the Voodoo Lounge and B2b version got boring to people but the old ones... You got to love it!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 19, 2005 17:22

Slipping Away

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home