Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Date: December 4, 2014 12:41

They tried very hard to make him change his mind, so I'm not sure about the good riddance-thing.

Even Keith went to his house to see if there were any possibilities for him to reconsider...

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: December 4, 2014 13:04

Brett Morgen admitted that when interviewing for Crossfire Hurricane, Bill admitted to him that he has never felt accepted by the band, except for Charlie.
Very sad really.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 4, 2014 13:38

Deltics
Deltics
Ward records in Japan have a special edition that also includes the DVD soundtrack on CD.
[wardrecords.com]

Why is it that our Japanese friends get all the "extras"?

Are these CD's official ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 4, 2014 13:42

what is on the above mentioned Japan cd's version of LA 75 ? is it the same material as released in the U.S. market?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 4, 2014 14:16

kowalski
Deltics
Deltics
Ward records in Japan have a special edition that also includes the DVD soundtrack on CD.
[wardrecords.com]

Why is it that our Japanese friends get all the "extras"?

Are these CD's official ?
Yes.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 4, 2014 14:24

TheGreek
what is on the above mentioned Japan cd's version of LA 75 ? is it the same material as released in the U.S. market?

No, the version issued in the U.S. (and everywhere else) includes the DVD which was recorded on July 11 (not the 12th as stated in the closing credits) and the CDs which come from the 13th.
The exclusive Japanese version includes CDs from both dates.
These appear to be exclusive to Ward Records who also issued the "Sweet Summer Sun" "Extra Bonus" disc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 14:34 by Deltics.

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: December 4, 2014 15:01

DandelionPowderman
They tried very hard to make him change his mind, so I'm not sure about the good riddance-thing.

Even Keith went to his house to see if there were any possibilities for him to reconsider...

Wouldn't that have been the easiest answer to the problem though if they had managed to convince him to stay? Surely it most be better to convince someone to stay instead of training up a new member? I'm not saying Bill was any less important, but if you think of it in terms of a business, it would be less hassle to give Bill a 'promotion' as it were than to advertise and train up a new employee.

Rollin92
Brett Morgen admitted that when interviewing for Crossfire Hurricane, Bill admitted to him that he has never felt accepted by the band, except for Charlie.
Very sad really.

I guess from the outset he was always gonna be an outsider - didn't they only hire him because he had his own base and amp? Hardly the best way to start out in a relationship is it?

Deltics
These appear to be exclusive to Ward Records who also issued the "Sweet Summer Sun" "Extra Bonus" disc.

Do you know if that's still available for sale? I was at the first show where they played Bitch so I would be very happy to have that on disc. I have been thinking about going to Japan on my way back to the UK lol

Date: December 4, 2014 15:20

Deltics

Do you know if that's still available for sale? I was at the first show where they played Bitch so I would be very happy to have that on disc. I have been thinking about going to Japan on my way back to the UK lol

I don't think it ever was for sale. As far as I know it was a free gift to people who bought the Japanese Sweet Summer Sun (Special Edition). You also had to have a Japanese postal address.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 4, 2014 15:35

I just ordered the 75 release and they seem to be accepting the oder for delivery in the US.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: December 4, 2014 15:51

Hi whitem8

I ordered a week ago by Ward Records "HAMPTON & LA '75" the boxes. I've got
ordernrs.
But they said I've to wait for further information about paying and postage.
After a week I didn't hear nothing.
I've sent them an e mail for what can or could happens, till today: NO ANSWER.
I do believe that they do not selling outside Japan.I'm not sure about.
Live in Europe.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 4, 2014 17:16

Interesting! I will try to call them tomorrow and see if I can find out more info.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: December 4, 2014 17:29

whitem8
I just ordered the 75 release and they seem to be accepting the oder for delivery in the US.

Their system might accept to register orders from outside Japan for these boxes but that's all.

I ordered the LA box through their site and got an automatic order confirmation by email but when I sent them an email 1 week later to know if they would ship it to Europe, they answered this :

"Thank you very much for your order, however due to contractual reasons, your order below is not available for overseas shipping and it could only be shipped within Japan.
If you do not have a local address which we could ship your order to, your order will be cancelled.
Please kindly let us know if you could provide a shipping address in Japan.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

Date: December 4, 2014 17:46

Hi 999,

Thank you very much 999, I was afraid to read something like that.
I was almost sure that they don't sell outside Japan.
I also was confirmed with an automaticly e mail with ordernr's.
So, I've to look for a Japanese guy who is willing to buy it and to send it out to Europe.

Very difficult for me.
Are here Japanese people on board to manage it for me?
Tioms

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 4, 2014 17:54

I guess a torrent of the specific CDs will show up somewhere...
It's been the case of the Hyde Park Japanese Bluray bonus which was Tumbling Dice

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 4, 2014 18:57

Deltics thank you for the info on the japan cd's

Date: December 4, 2014 19:51

Hi Deltics,
I do not know where you live, and I even don't to know it.
But you are a lucky guy when you've got this stuff from Japan,(from Ward Records).
I can't managed it, even I buy cd's and dvd's in Japan.
I already have the European stuff, but I want to buy that Japanese boxes.
Hampton & LA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 20:19 by tioms.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 4, 2014 20:48

DandelionPowderman
Justin
71Tele
TeddyB1018
I don't know any specifics about that part. The Stones have never been wonderful about money so that's reasonable speculation. But when everyone including Charlie thinks you're acting like a dick at reunion rehearsals, there's more to it. That's the part I heard about. Hell, Bill is nearly eighty, he has a right to be cranky around his old band mates who he nurses gripes about.

Why would he act like a dick at rehearsals and then come out and complain that he wanted to do more but was only given two songs?

Well that's probably why he was moody at the rehearsals: because he was ONLY doing 2 songs. No doubt Mick had already told Bill by that point how many songs he was doing--I'd bet he went along with it anyway because he already committed himself to it. It's clear now that he was offended by that.

Or he acted weirdly at the rehearsals, and that's why he got only two songs...

Could very well be, yes. But if I know our Mick I would bet money that Mick had already decided just how much he wanted Bill to be involved way before Bill even got there.

Bill probably assumed at the very least he'd play one full show with them. Getting a call to drop by just a few days before the event to rehearse 1 or 2 songs was probably one big "WTF??"

I don't think Mick ever wanted Bill to do any more than 2 songs. Mick still hasn't even allowed Taylor to do another permanent song in the set besides Midnight Rambler in the 2 years they've been on the road!

All speculation on my part, of course...

Date: December 4, 2014 21:12

He justin,
What has this to do in this section???

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 4, 2014 21:15

you're probably right justin-theres an unspoken thing with the stones,well actually keith has said it out loud-"you dont leave unless its in a pine box"

mick and keith seem to take it as a personal insult of the highest order if anyone even thinks of god forbid...leaving the band.

jagger,like with everything else denies it in interviews but if you watch his actions-its like he wants to punish people for doing anything against the rolling stones.its why i never believed he was "going solo" in any permanent way.
him and keith have a manic obsession about the stones.at this point in their lives its probably the only thing they agree upon-but its everything.

it came up on the bobby keys thread even,he left during a tour and mick barely spoke to him for years.
you think they dont know that mick taylor could've been worked back into a full time position with a few weeks of rehearsals? he's being punished,he did the unthinkable and he's paying his dues.

charlie probably would've left years ago but for what he would have to put up with from those two.truth be told these tours are probably close to a hostage situation at this point.

bill should know this-quit and walk back in and dictate how many songs you do? a full show??? -i dont think so.

Date: December 4, 2014 21:29

tioms
He justin,
What has this to do in this section???

I am responding to posts that other members brought up because people were wondering why Wyman's image wasn't featured on this product. It's not that abnormal for threads to take a slight tangent within a bigger conversation.

Date: December 4, 2014 21:36

Justin
DandelionPowderman
Justin
71Tele
TeddyB1018
I don't know any specifics about that part. The Stones have never been wonderful about money so that's reasonable speculation. But when everyone including Charlie thinks you're acting like a dick at reunion rehearsals, there's more to it. That's the part I heard about. Hell, Bill is nearly eighty, he has a right to be cranky around his old band mates who he nurses gripes about.

Why would he act like a dick at rehearsals and then come out and complain that he wanted to do more but was only given two songs?

Well that's probably why he was moody at the rehearsals: because he was ONLY doing 2 songs. No doubt Mick had already told Bill by that point how many songs he was doing--I'd bet he went along with it anyway because he already committed himself to it. It's clear now that he was offended by that.

Or he acted weirdly at the rehearsals, and that's why he got only two songs...

Could very well be, yes. But if I know our Mick I would bet money that Mick had already decided just how much he wanted Bill to be involved way before Bill even got there.

Bill probably assumed at the very least he'd play one full show with them. Getting a call to drop by just a few days before the event to rehearse 1 or 2 songs was probably one big "WTF??"

I don't think Mick ever wanted Bill to do any more than 2 songs. Mick still hasn't even allowed Taylor to do another permanent song in the set besides Midnight Rambler in the 2 years they've been on the road!

All speculation on my part, of course...

Most likely, yes. I was merely pointing at the other angle a bit tongue in cheek - but also with the info from Teddy in mind.

Didn't Bill also participate in the informal rehearsals, initiated by Keith before Mick joined? Maybe Bill was "promised" more than Mick could grant him...

Date: December 4, 2014 21:46

tioms
Hi Deltics,
I do not know where you live, and I even don't to know it.
But you are a lucky guy when you've got this stuff from Japan,(from Ward Records).
I can't managed it, even I buy cd's and dvd's in Japan.
I already have the European stuff, but I want to buy that Japanese boxes.
Hampton & LA.

Sorry but I haven't got any of these discs from Japan, I wish I could get them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 22:39 by Deltics.

Date: December 4, 2014 21:51

DandelionPowderman
Most likely, yes. I was merely pointing at the other angle a bit tongue in cheek - but also with the info from Teddy in mind.

Didn't Bill also participate in the informal rehearsals, initiated by Keith before Mick joined? Maybe Bill was "promised" more than Mick could grant him...

Interesting! Forgot about that...that does sound familiar. I can't recall at the moment for sure--the details from those rehearsals were so scarce and under wraps I wasn't sure what exactly happened and who attended those rehearsals. But that scenario does sound very likely. Keith--always the laid back dude--could have genuinely thought Bill was going to do more and told him that. Looks like it was another case of Keith not checking in with "the missus!" smiling smiley

Date: December 4, 2014 21:54

Justin
DandelionPowderman

Interesting! Forgot about that...that does sound familiar. I can't recall at the moment for sure--the details from those rehearsals were so scarce and under wraps I wasn't sure what exactly happened and who attended those rehearsals. But that scenario does sound very likely. Keith--always the laid back dude--could have genuinely thought Bill was going to do more and told him that. Looks like it was another case of Keith not checking in with "the missus!" smiling smiley

He he, yeah smiling smiley

I think Teddy mentioned that Bill was in the US with the band as well, according to his sources.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 4, 2014 22:00

tioms

So, I've to look for a Japanese guy who is willing to buy it and to send it out to Europe. Very difficult for me. Are here Japanese people on board to manage it for me?

Try to contact Atsu-y from Hot Stuff Japan, he's also a member here on IORR. Maybe he has an idea how to get the Japan-only Box sets from abroad.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 4, 2014 22:15

Deltics

gimmedanger

Have a look here: [www.iorr.org] , especially this Post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 22:20 by Irix.

Date: December 4, 2014 22:33

DandelionPowderman
I think Teddy mentioned that Bill was in the US with the band as well, according to his sources.

Wow he was? I don't remember that. Geez, they must have had some kind of special OPS task force on getting him in and out of NYC without anyone noticing or taking pictures! Man, to see just a snippet of that rehearsal....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 4, 2014 23:00

Could be as simple as Bill intimated, that you can't go home again. All the old wounds, slights, resentments, came bubbling back to the surface. They probably got snippy with each other and goodbye, been good to know ya. But that photo near the back of the booklet is still intriguing. There's five boxes, with the four current Stones individually in each, Charlie, then Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and then a 5th box, empty but for a very obvious big X. Why include the box with an X? The answer to that could tell us everything.

Another half ass theory to Bill's involvement with the group: Stu. Those two always seemed to hit it off and seemed to relate as being two normal blokes with jobs when the band started. And as long as Stu was around, Bill had another Ally.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 4, 2014 23:40

adotulipson
I was pleased with my copy this and indeed. Impressed with the sound another performance.
I haven't watched the DVD yet but after finding out about the soundtrack extra CD version from Japan I have ordered it from Cdjapan should be here soon, hope it is as good as the usual version
Well when I ordered it from Cdjapan it said includes soundtrack cds so I am hoping that is the case,will keep you informed its arriving by fed ex soon

Date: December 5, 2014 00:44

adotulipson
adotulipson
I was pleased with my copy this and indeed. Impressed with the sound another performance.
I haven't watched the DVD yet but after finding out about the soundtrack extra CD version from Japan I have ordered it from Cdjapan should be here soon, hope it is as good as the usual version
Well when I ordered it from Cdjapan it said includes soundtrack cds so I am hoping that is the case,will keep you informed its arriving by fed ex soon

If you don't live in Japan you won't get it...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home