Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 8, 2014 12:51

Mathijs
Anything is possible, but I doubt the bootleggers are wrong here. I mean -they released the classic Brussels affair boot, and probably weren't aware themselves they released the wrong show...

Mathijs

You mean they released the GOOD show but not voluntarily LOL

Date: December 8, 2014 13:07

Fa Fa Fa from the 12th:

Date: December 8, 2014 18:55

Stones Fans demanding the vaults to be opened.

Stones fans protesting at the live albums release.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 8, 2014 19:46

Doc
24FPS
I wish they'd get off this neurotic need to release full concerts. Just find the best clips from any time, tie them together cleverly, and release them. If there's only a few songs from Brussels that were filmed, so be it.

I do not totally agree.
IMHO the best thing to do would for each tour to release a complete show, if possible a good one that has not been ultra-widely available on bootleg and to add as bonus disc(s) the available different songs that were not featured in the set list of the entire show but were filmed on other dates.

They can "easily" do this for the recent tours : SW/UJ, VL, BtB, Licks, ABB and of course 12-14.

They also might to a 1973 Tour mash-up DVD with everything available LOL.

I just want everything I can get. I can't believe we don't have an Exile era live cut of 'Rocks Off' on film available. Every time I pull out the LAGTRS DVD I think, "Why the hell isn't Rocks Off on here?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 8, 2014 21:44

melillo
I would rather have the DALLAS or LA show from 89 if they must release something from that tour because atlantic city isn't much of a vault show IMO

Please no! Dallas and L.A. suck when compared to AC. Okay the PPV is just a 1989 show but it's a glorious one. Dallas and L.A. are average even by 89 standards.

Anyway imho the best 1989 gig was the 2nd Hoosier Dome. Maybe Mick has it in SB form in his vaults?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 8, 2014 22:23

24FPS
I wish they'd get off this neurotic need to release full concerts. Just find the best clips from any time, tie them together cleverly, and release them. If there's only a few songs from Brussels that were filmed, so be it.

I'd love to have a '72 live dvd with songs from many different concerts, all of them handpicked for their performance. A bit like the Led Zep dvd, which is fantastic. But ultimately we're going to want complete concerts of the best, or all, parts. smiling smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 9, 2014 01:26

to bad none of the 73 shows were filmed

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: December 9, 2014 07:22

What's with Frankfurt 73.That bit which was included in the OGWT. Maybe they filmed that show??! Would be great stuff!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 9, 2014 10:25

emotionalbarbecue

>grinning smiley<

Possible also:

pic (a): Rolling Stones fans protesting against ticket prices, set lists, etc.

pic (b): Rolling Stones fans turn-up at each gig...

Posted by: fullbandwith ()
Date: December 9, 2014 10:39

Just got my copy. Wow, not bad for 39 yr old video & subtle restoration. Now just play it loud on 11, and enjoy another epic performance esp "happy".

Date: December 9, 2014 11:53

So let's sum up waht we know and what we do NOT know for sure

The CDs are from July 13, same as the Google Play / Archive release
The DVD is either from the 11th as we all thought but a new restored + new cut or the 12th, but in this case FaFaFa is missing

So there is a mistake on the packaging, since only half of the content is from the 12th, or none (11th for the vid and 13th for the CDs, which makes the 12th the average date in between)

Does anyone have more info ?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: December 9, 2014 11:59

it seems that this show is from the 11th thanks to the clothes they wore on that day.
This was proved by a forumer in another post or thread in which we could see how they were dressed up during the 5 L.A. 75 shows.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:01

Listened to the rip of the DVD a few times now. Without the image footage it truly is the worst show of 1975, and it might even be one of the worst shows of their carreer. Everybody is just so out of it, even Watts is making strange mistakes.

Mathijs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2014 15:36

emotionalbarbecue

the takeaway from all this...be careful what you wish for.

Date: December 9, 2014 17:07

Mathijs
Listened to the rip of the DVD a few times now. Without the image footage it truly is the worst show of 1975, and it might even be one of the worst shows of their carreer. Everybody is just so out of it, even Watts is making strange mistakes.

Mathijs
well ok this is your opinion but I think it's a very severe statement.
to me, the sound is not as good as it is on previous boots. It lacks amplification, it's a bit flat maybe.
Maybe your judgement is spoiled because of that.

Date: December 9, 2014 17:14

jpasc95
Mathijs

Mathijs
to me, the sound is not as good as it is on previous boots. It lacks amplification, it's a bit flat maybe.

Which boot has better sound of the show from the 11th than this one?

Date: December 9, 2014 17:38

DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Mathijs

Mathijs

Which boot has better sound of the show from the 11th than this one?
I wish I could answer to you but I don't know. I don't remember where I got it from.

Date: December 9, 2014 18:34

Happy with a different sound. The video is taken from the LA DVD and audio from a CD source. I've mixed both.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 9, 2014 18:36

Mathijs

Mathijs

But you must concede, "Happy" on the 11th isn't as much butchered as on the 13th - anyway. And "Star, Star" is without any mistake on the 11th, while Keith makes a serious mistake near the beginning of the song (misses the right fret) on the 13th. Meanwhile Mick misses the cue at the beginning on "You Gotta Move" on the 13th, but is wide awake on the 11th during this track. Of course sometimes the howling, barking, growling attitude of Mick is a mess ... but I fear that is a common feature of all concerts in 75.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 11:33 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 9, 2014 20:09

HEILOOBAAS
Lem Darling,

Don't get your best tongue emblazoned knickers in a royal twist over me. I'm going to be 56 in a couple of months and I agree about the internet fans seeking perfection for Stones shows 40 odd years ago.

But as a fan who has heard God knows how many boots from the 60s and 70s, & saw them a week later in Seattle when they were excellent, AS I SAID, my opinion is just that.

That this show is not up to standard and surely there are others that are better?

I'm glad my post has generated some really interesting and well informed feedback.

funny line but i wasnt talking to you dopey.

Posted by: pooroldgrandad ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:20

Mathijs

Mathijs

I agree that chemical reactions didn't happen this night.

I posted this DVD seems from 11th Friday according to another old thread and I still think it appropriate, but I have question now.
If it's from 11th Friday, and if Jann Wenner saw this actual night, could he really write "(L.A.Friday night is) possibly the best Stones concert ever"?

I simply think this night is too sloppy to write so.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:25

Is there a boot of June 12? I've never heard one. IT's kind of the forgotten date.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: December 10, 2014 07:02

I finally got my LP set today, and Eagle Rock decided to press my second record with "You Got to Move/YCAGWYW/Happy" on both sides. Tumbling/IORR/Fingerprint File are MIA. I have to say that it is "neat" and I like errors and all, but that is probably the side I was looking most forward to.

If it was some major release I could see it having some collector value, and I would consider myself to have a lucky find. But it's not, and that's unfortunate.

I can't be the only one.

Date: December 10, 2014 18:19

SharksWillCry
I finally got my LP set today, and Eagle Rock decided to press my second record with "You Got to Move/YCAGWYW/Happy" on both sides. Tumbling/IORR/Fingerprint File are MIA. I have to say that it is "neat" and I like errors and all, but that is probably the side I was looking most forward to.

If it was some major release I could see it having some collector value, and I would consider myself to have a lucky find. But it's not, and that's unfortunate.

I can't be the only one.

If I were you, I'd toss it out the window like a frisbee and shout "If you can't rock me, somebody will!".

Date: December 10, 2014 18:22

pooroldgrandad
If it's from 11th Friday, and if Jann Wenner saw this actual night, could he really write "(L.A.Friday night is) possibly the best Stones concert ever"?

I simply think this night is too sloppy to write so.

Perhaps he meant the Sunday show, since that one has been bootlegged as "LA Friday" for years? And even if he saw the show on the 11th -- and he may very well have thought it was one helluva show because he enjoyed the party -- he may have mixed 'em up soon afterwards.

Date: December 10, 2014 18:40

jpasc95
Happy with a different sound. The video is taken from the LA DVD and audio from a CD source. I've mixed both.

for those who have the LA DVD, how do you compare the sound on the DVd and the one I've mixed with a different source ?
Ronnie is very low in the mix on the DVD. With the different audio source, he's there and I like his slide on this one.

Date: December 10, 2014 23:50

SharksWillCry

I can't be the only one.

Mine is fine, LP2 is correct
Did you buy a european pressing ?

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: December 11, 2014 07:33

Doc
Mine is fine, LP2 is correct
Did you buy a european pressing ?

Not that I'm aware of. Not sure how to tell, though. It includes the NTSC DVD.

EV306959

Date: December 11, 2014 10:21

jpasc95

This sound is from the old soundboard, the new DVD sound is miles better.

Mathijs

Date: December 11, 2014 10:24

RobertJohnson
Mathijs

Mathijs

But you must concede, "Happy" on the 11th isn't as much butchered as on the 13th - anyway. And "Star, Star" is without any mistake on the 11th, while Keith makes a serious mistake near the beginning of the song (misses the right fret) on the 13th. Meanwhile Mick misses the cue at the beginning on "You Gotta Move" on the 13th, but is wide awake on the 11th during this track. Of course sometimes the howling, barking, growling attitude of Mick is a mess ... but I fear that is a common feature of all concerts in 75.

@#$%& is a trainwreck from the 11th, and littles mistakes like on the 13th is what has made Richards charming IMO. But the 11th is bad -full of mistakes like Richards solo, it's too slow, there's no groove, it just really drags. And both Wood and Richards are out of tune as well. The tension in live Stones from that period is what made it great, that idea that it all could just break down. Well, on the 11th it all broke down.

Mathijs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home