Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 126
OT: Blonde on Blonde and what it spawned
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 17, 2015 18:07

Interesting collection of albums rising out of Dylan recording BOB in Nashville.

[www.nashvillescene.com]

Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:52

Of all the versions that will be included on his new box-set this is the one that I didn't like that much. According to this article, it's a blend of three takes of Subterranean Homesick Blues:

[consequenceofsound.net]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:08

I want that LP box. And I need that CD box. But I can't get off the fence, so I'm not buying anything. In 50 years I'll be dead anyway.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:57

mmmm me to hangin' in the balance if to get this box....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 21, 2015 12:16

Erik_Snow
I want that LP box. And I need that CD box. But I can't get off the fence, so I'm not buying anything. In 50 years I'll be dead anyway.

Hi Erik. Long time no see you posting on here. Hope all is well.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 21, 2015 13:21

Bob Dylans current programm is very good. Great versions of songs from his latest albums, and songs like Melancholy Mood are performed very well. His voice is good. When I saw him in Mainz four years ago, his voice was extremely weak, but somehow it has recovered.He and his band work together beautifully. A funny thing is, that one meets people at almost every Dylan concert, who are disappointed that he does not play a greatest hits show.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 21, 2015 17:13

I don't mind him not playing greatest hits but I dislike this perfectly rehearsed show with faultless band and no room for improvisation. I find it boring. And I can't stand the sound of his keyboard (unless it is accoustic piano).

Now I got it off my chest...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 21, 2015 18:58

The first of five nights at the Royal Albert hall tonight for Bob,who is going to see him there I am going on Saturday.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 21, 2015 19:50

Off to Manchester on Tuesday with my son.I am the guy in the vintage Steel Wheels jacket.See you there !

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 21, 2015 20:52

Nate
The first of five nights at the Royal Albert hall tonight for Bob,who is going to see him there I am going on Saturday.

Nate thumbs up

Just scored a great seat in the stalls - for Sunday. NEVER seen the great man ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 21, 2015 21:30

how about that commercial with the IBM Watson computer and the Bard .Pretty funny to me !

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 21, 2015 21:49

Hi Stargroover,

I'll be at The Apollo on Tuesday too: if I see your jacket I'll say hello!
#iorriansatbob

Cheers,

Simon,

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 21, 2015 22:01

Cheers Simon

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 21, 2015 22:36

paulywaul
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Just scored a great seat in the stalls - for Sunday. NEVER seen the great man ....

enjoy the bloomin' heck out the show!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 22:53

paulywaul

Have a great time at your first Bob concert, Paul!

1) "I'm gonna go see Woody Allen."
2) "Oh cool! That should be really funny--I love his movies and comic insights."
1) 'Well......"

1) "I'm gonna go see Jonathan Richman."
2) "Oh cool! 'Roadrunner' is awesome--should be good."
1) 'Well...."

1) "I'm gonna go see Bob Dylan."
2) "Oh cool! I remember the Concert For Bangladesh--cool Levi jacket, that trademark curly hair, acoustic guitar....sounds great!"
1) "Well....."

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 22, 2015 00:11

MartinB
I don't mind him not playing greatest hits but I dislike this perfectly rehearsed show with faultless band and no room for improvisation. I find it boring. And I can't stand the sound of his keyboard (unless it is accoustic piano).

I agree I miss the days when each of Bob's setlists were different than the last. Many surprises along with his standards. He also allowed his great guitar player more room for improvasion. The current show is still good just different. Bob
Marches to his own Muse and nothing wrong with that.

This has probably already been discussed but why has Bob almost compleatly stopped playing guitar on stage. My assumption is it has somthing to do with
his eyesight.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 00:51

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Just got back from RAH. Tremendous - seen Bob a dozen times over the last 25 years and can honestly say his voice has never sounded better. Coolest 74 year old on the planet!

Date: October 22, 2015 01:02

Roll73
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Just got back from RAH. Tremendous - seen Bob a dozen times over the last 25 years and can honestly say his voice has never sounded better. Coolest 74 year old on the planet!

Great to know this. Thank you! thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 22, 2015 02:03

swimtothemoon
MartinB

I agree I miss the days when each of Bob's setlists were different than the last. Many surprises along with his standards. He also allowed his great guitar player more room for improvasion. The current show is still good just different. Bob

This has probably already been discussed but why has Bob almost compleatly stopped playing guitar on stage. My assumption is it has somthing to do with
his eyesight.

As I mentioned over a year ago somewhere in this thread when I last saw him (to paraphrase based on memory):
Not to start any rumors, just an observation - but he was seemingly clenching his hand throughout (I believe his left hand), as his arm was dangling down by his side, occasionally raising it while cupping a harmonica or the mic stand. Could be the result of a number of things, but not really my place to speculate...I'm not a Doctor.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 22, 2015 02:10

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 22, 2015 04:12

Hairball
swimtothemoon
MartinB

his eyesight.

As I mentioned over a year ago somewhere in this thread when I last saw him (to paraphrase based on memory):
Not to start any rumors, just an observation - but he was seemingly clenching his hand throughout (I believe his left hand), as his arm was dangling down by his side, occasionally raising it while cupping a harmonica or the mic stand. Could be the result of a number of things, but not really my place to speculate...I'm not a Doctor.

Thanks...this could be the reason. It must be somthing.

Date: October 22, 2015 09:42

Roll73
Nate

Nate thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Date: October 22, 2015 09:43

Can't wait for Sunday .........

Date: October 22, 2015 12:57

He was almost dancing last night - very spry. A fantastic show, a tremendously fantastic show. The SInatra-era tunes sit so well in this set list.
Reviewed it herer for The Arts Desk ...

[www.theartsdesk.com]

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 16:53

MadMetaphoricalMax
He was almost dancing last night - very spry. A fantastic show, a tremendously fantastic show. The SInatra-era tunes sit so well in this set list.

[www.theartsdesk.com]

Very nice review!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 22, 2015 17:15

Hi Tim/MadMetaMax,

Thanks a ton for that review: you found the words that I could never could! Love your take on how Bob moves, hah-hah! Please post your work here on IORR even if it is considered 'off topic' because we are all (live) music fans here, and I love to get other folks' steers on artists and bands.

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: October 22, 2015 17:39

Thank you and I will - and in fact will be reviewing the 6 discs of the next bootleg series in a few weeks... Early November...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 22, 2015 18:46

Yes great review - I'm saving it in the archives for future reference, thanks! thumbs up

Here's a short 5 star review from the Guardian:
Dylan - Royal Albert Hall

MadMetaphoricalMax
will be reviewing the 6 discs of the next bootleg series in a few weeks... Early November...

Not all 18 discs?

smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2015 19:30

I have asked about the full 18-discer accordion set(!) - not yet forthcoming but hopefully...

Date: October 22, 2015 19:51

MadMetaphoricalMax

[www.theartsdesk.com]

Nice review, thank you! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home