Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 15:50

dmay
I know they'll be selling postcards of my hangin' for saying this, but LARS is, IMHO, over-rated. It's a great song, but not the greatest Dylan song, just one of them. Played so much it is tiresome to hear it. For my taste, I'll take Baby Blue over it anyday. Mercifully, Dylan saw fit to drop LARS from his set list. Even he got tired of it.

I saw Dylan 4 times between 2005 - 2014 and he played LARS only once (in Dresden 2012) and I was soooo happy to hear it. I guess I was just not lucky, I know he played the song really a lot. Just not on the shows I attended.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:00

Hi does anyone know how long Bob is on stage for in recent gigs,I'm going to see him in London soon and I need to get to Heathrow after the gig so trying to work out timings.

Thanks
Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:10

He played in Stockholm yesterday and tonight at the same place (Waterfront) again. See songlist in the review: [www.aftonbladet.se]

Date: October 6, 2015 16:28

Stoneage
He played in Stockholm yesterday and tonight at the same place (Waterfront) again. See songlist in the review: [www.aftonbladet.se]

He mainly sticks to the same setlist, I see..

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:33

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Yup, I Skipped him this time...2013 years Concert on the same Place was brilliant...hard to beat...

2 1 2 0

Date: October 6, 2015 16:45

Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Yup, I Skipped him this time...2013 years Concert on the same Place was brilliant...hard to beat...

You're missing out on the best stuff this time. I kid you not. The Shadows numbers were phenomenal!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 6, 2015 16:52

Nate
Hi does anyone know how long Bob is on stage for in recent gigs,I'm going to see him in London soon and I need to get to Heathrow after the gig so trying to work out timings.

Thanks
Nate thumbs up[/quote

By reading the setlists my guess is little less than two hours (two sets with 45/50 minutes plus a 10-minute intermission or so).

Date: October 6, 2015 16:55

Cristiano Radtke
Nate

Thanks
Nate thumbs up[/quote

By reading the setlists my guess is little less than two hours (two sets with 45/50 minutes plus a 10-minute intermission or so).

20 minutes, I think.

Date: October 6, 2015 18:02

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
Nate

Thanks
Nate thumbs up[/quote

20 minutes, I think.

thumbs up

Date: October 6, 2015 18:18

Thanks guys.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2015 03:53

Date: October 7, 2015 09:15

My song-wishes from Bob would be them songs 'Tempest' and 'Roll on John' sooooo....maybe next time in Stockholm....

2 1 2 0

Date: October 7, 2015 11:13

It's been a long time since Bob sang as well as this, imo thumbs up

This is from the first gig in Oslo. Thanks to this site for posting it.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 11:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 7, 2015 12:01

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Ouch! sounds really good...even the band is better than for two years ago...and true..Dylan voice sounds great...he may have been starting taking care...

2 1 2 0

Date: October 7, 2015 12:02

Come On
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Ouch! sounds really good...even the band is better than for two years ago...and true..Dylan voice sounds great...he may have been starting taking care...

I think those Sinatra-sessions did good for how he uses his voice. Those songs are impossible to just talk yourself through smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 7, 2015 12:32

DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

You're missing out on the best stuff this time. I kid you not. The Shadows numbers were phenomenal!

Shit - don't tell me he played some stuff by The Shadows. Apache? Wonderful Land, Man Of Mystery?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 13:08 by Silver Dagger.

Date: October 7, 2015 13:04

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Shit - don't tell me he played some stuff by The Shadows. Apache? Wonderful Lane, Man Of Mystery?

He he, no. Sinatra/classic/standards-numbers from his last album, «Shadows In The Night» smiling smiley

Date: October 7, 2015 16:44

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Shit - don't tell me he played some stuff by The Shadows. Apache? Wonderful Land, Man Of Mystery?

grinning smiley

He's playing 'Apache' right here:

Date: October 7, 2015 21:12

Is Bob playing the guitar at gigs recently then?

Nate

Date: October 7, 2015 21:14

He only played piano in Oslo. He was loud in the mix as well.

Date: October 7, 2015 21:17

Ok thanks I am going to see him at the Royal Albert Hall in a couple of weeks this will be the fifth time I've seen him and he only played guitar the first time I saw him and he had Ronnie Wood on stage with him that night.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: October 7, 2015 23:24

Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

The version of Long And Wasted Years from the second Stockholm 2013 is the best Bob Dylan performance since the early 2000s. I wasn't there but I have the boot and I love that performance of that song. Listened to it close to 100 times.

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:42

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Doing some Shadows numbers that will be awesome? is he playing harp during them? Can't wait to hear Apache done by him or is he only playing more obscure Shadows numbers and staying away from the hits? Just imagine if Hank Marvin made an appearance at one of the London shows, how awesome would that be?

Date: October 8, 2015 16:43

AlanPartridge
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Come On
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Doing some Shadows numbers that will be awesome? is he playing harp during them? Can't wait to hear Apache done by him or is he only playing more obscure Shadows numbers and staying away from the hits? Just imagine if Hank Marvin made an appearance at one of the London shows, how awesome would that be?

He's not doing any Shadows numbers grinning smiley

However, his latest album is called Shadows In The Night...

Date: October 9, 2015 06:12

Bob Dylan Unearths Alternate ‘Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence’ (Exclusive Song)

Bob Dylan’s song “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence” was a previously unreleased cut from 1965 that first came out in 1991. Speakeasy today premieres an alternate version of the song: a deep cut of a deep cut, from the latest entry in Dylan’s ongoing “Bootleg” series.

The second of six takes recorded on June 15, 1965, during sessions for “Highway 61 Revisited,” the alternate version isn’t radically different from the one Dylan included on “The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3 (Rare & Unreleased)” in 1991. Like that version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence,” this one is built around swells of Hammond organ from Al Kooper, but the rhythm bed is a little funkier. Spiky stabs of guitar from Mike Bloomfield are more prominent, especially at the start, and Dylan plays a raw, bluesy harmonica part that is absent from the version released in 1991.

The alternate version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence” comes from “The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series Volume 12.” The latest installment will be available in two-CD and six-CD configurations, along with limited-edition 18-CD box set packed with 379 songs: “every note recorded by Bob Dylan in the studio in 1965/1966,” claims the press material. It took Dylan just 14 months during that period to make three of his most acclaimed albums: “Bringing It All Back Home,” “Highway 61 Revisited” and “Blonde on Blonde,” a streak brought to an end by the singer’s motorcycle accident in July 1966.

“The Cutting Edge 1965-1966” is due Nov. 6 on Columbia/Legacy. For the complete track listing on each of the three configurations, see Dylan’s website. What do you think of the alternate version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence?” Leave your thoughts in the comments.

[vevo.ly]

[blogs.wsj.com]

Date: October 9, 2015 11:46

Cristiano Radtke
Bob Dylan Unearths Alternate ‘Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence’ (Exclusive Song)

Bob Dylan’s song “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence” was a previously unreleased cut from 1965 that first came out in 1991. Speakeasy today premieres an alternate version of the song: a deep cut of a deep cut, from the latest entry in Dylan’s ongoing “Bootleg” series.

The second of six takes recorded on June 15, 1965, during sessions for “Highway 61 Revisited,” the alternate version isn’t radically different from the one Dylan included on “The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3 (Rare & Unreleased)” in 1991. Like that version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence,” this one is built around swells of Hammond organ from Al Kooper, but the rhythm bed is a little funkier. Spiky stabs of guitar from Mike Bloomfield are more prominent, especially at the start, and Dylan plays a raw, bluesy harmonica part that is absent from the version released in 1991.

The alternate version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence” comes from “The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series Volume 12.” The latest installment will be available in two-CD and six-CD configurations, along with limited-edition 18-CD box set packed with 379 songs: “every note recorded by Bob Dylan in the studio in 1965/1966,” claims the press material. It took Dylan just 14 months during that period to make three of his most acclaimed albums: “Bringing It All Back Home,” “Highway 61 Revisited” and “Blonde on Blonde,” a streak brought to an end by the singer’s motorcycle accident in July 1966.

“The Cutting Edge 1965-1966” is due Nov. 6 on Columbia/Legacy. For the complete track listing on each of the three configurations, see Dylan’s website. What do you think of the alternate version of “Sitting on a Barbed Wire Fence?” Leave your thoughts in the comments.

[vevo.ly]

[blogs.wsj.com]

Yes Thanks. I'm gonna stay with the 6-CD-box....18 cds with up to 16 takes of all songs is too much even if it's Dylans at his best...thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Date: October 10, 2015 00:25

It Takes a Lot to Laugh It Takes a Train to Cry - Take 1

[www.youtube.com]

Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again - Take 13

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 11, 2015 22:24

Highway 61: Fifty Years On

Andy Kershaw re-examines the Bob Dylan album that changed popular music and his life.

Beginning with the resounding hit of a snare drum, Like A Rolling Stone starts Bob Dylan's first fully electrified album, Highway 61 Revisited. When he first heard the song in his mother's car, Bruce Springsteen said it was "like somebody kicked open the door to your mind." The album represents the birth of rock music, as opposed to the pop or beat music that preceded its release.

It sounds as subversive now as it did fifty years ago.

Besides revolutionising popular music, the album transformed the life of broadcaster Andy Kershaw. For him, nothing would be the same after Highway 61.

Andy travels to America to meet the surviving musicians and hear the extraordinary stories behind the recording sessions. Dylan was only 24 years old when he walked into Columbia Studio A in New York City to record the album in June 1965. For a masterpiece record, it is all the more remarkable that almost no preparation, and absolutely no rehearsal, went into it.

Al Kooper, who was brought in as an observer, tells how he mistakenly and fortunately found himself playing the organ on Like A Rolling Stone, discovering the song's melody on the spot. Bassist Harvey Brooks talks about the patience that was required to work with the unorthodox Dylan. Legendary Nashville musician Charlie McCoy describes how he was accidentally brought in to play the memorable Spanish-sounding guitar on Desolation Row. And Keith Richards provides a surprising take on Highway 61's legacy.

Produced by Colin McNulty
A Whistledown production for BBC Radio 4.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

OT: If you haven't seen the IBM ad with Dylan
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 13, 2015 19:07

You gotta love the man. Love his long winded replies to Watson.

[www.funnyordie.com]

Date: October 15, 2015 21:59

Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window - Take 1 can be heard on this link: [www.thedailybeast.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home