Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 31, 2017 12:25

This is absolutely superfluous.
Who needs another collection of old standards (3 Discs this time, oh my god).

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 31, 2017 16:01

What we need is a new set of original compositions. You would think that with all that's being going on in the last 12 months (politically and otherwise), Dylan would have plenty of 'material' to work on.
Can't expect a classic like 'Times they are a changing' however.
Nor will Mick and Keith come up with another "Street Fighting Man'.
Shame of course.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 31, 2017 16:50

The Stones release a CD with traditionals - people love it.

Dylan releases 3 CDs with traditionals - people complain.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 31, 2017 17:05

jlowe
What we need is a new set of original compositions. You would think that with all that's being going on in the last 12 months (politically and otherwise), Dylan would have plenty of 'material' to work on.
Shame of course.
Dylan hasn't commented on politics in decades, has he? I wouldn't expect him to jump back in at this stage.

Re: Triplicate - New Dylan album
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 31, 2017 17:17

Cristiano Radtke

"I Could Have Told You" off Bob Dylan's upcoming album 'Triplicate' is available now:

Bob Dylan's first three-disc album 'Triplicate,' which features 30 brand new recordings of classic American songs, will be available March 31.

[itunes.apple.com]

Release date should be April 1st, that would make sense!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 31, 2017 17:56

Koen
The Stones release a CD with traditionals - people love it.

Dylan releases 3 CDs with traditionals - people complain.

I'm not complaining, but we have already had 2 CDs of this stuff. Now 3 more? I think Dylan is singing great these days, I would love to hear some new, original stuff while his voice is in pretty good shape!

But, I'm sure I will enjoy this.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 31, 2017 17:56

Cheap as well - a UK music website is advertising the triple CD for £16.99

[www.spincds.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2017 18:10

That was a nice tune....for a Sunday afternoon nap!
I imagine my Great Grandma (rest her soul) might have really enjoyed this!

Hopefully this triple disc of 'classic American songs' will get it all out of his system once and for all.
It's not that it's all been horrible (well maybe some of it is), but this stuff really becomes monotonous after awhile no matter how much I appreciate Dylan,
Of course I'm no one to tell him what to do, but I'd be really happy if he made something similar to the great Time Out of Mind...or anything original!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 31, 2017 18:19

Attention whiner and complainer of everything except Dirty Work .Go start your own Blog and then you can moderate and talk about Dirty Work until the second coming

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 31, 2017 18:42

For those interested to hear Frank's versions on this new triple album, here's a playlist on Spotify (except Braggin', which was not recorded by Ol' Blue Eyes):

[open.spotify.com]

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 31, 2017 21:56

Sinatra recorded over 1,200 songs... danger ahead.smiling bouncing smiley

Honestly, Dylans last two albums of Great American Songbook songs were the most boring albums he has ever recorded. Knowing those albums makes me love Slow Train Coming and even Self Portrait in hindsight. If he loves those songs so much he should sing them in his living room but please Bob stop bother other people.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 1, 2017 01:50

No complaints here. I'm looking forward to the release. I was shocked when I received the email!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 1, 2017 06:42

What I find striking about "Once Upon A Time" on the Tony Bennett tribute, and this new track as well is the lack of gravel in Bob's voice.

As the two album of folk covers he recorded before Time Out Of Mind helped to put him back on track as a songwriter, I think this trio of albums of him performing standards have rebooted Bob as a vocalist.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 1, 2017 16:41

I think somebody the likes of Bob Dylan can and does sing anything he wants and he has the awards and recognition that backs it up .Like any of us could even attempt to tell him what to play or record .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2017 23:23

Herald Sun -- 2 February 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 1, 2017 23:29

TheGreek
I think somebody the likes of Bob Dylan can and does sing anything he wants and he has the awards and recognition that backs it up .Like any of us could even attempt to tell him what to play or record .

He's done that from day one. thumbs up

I just don't understand folks who keep telling artists what they should do next.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 1, 2017 23:46

I love Bob and I don't begrudge him the right to do whatever he wants but for my own taste I wish he'd get the Sinatra-ish stuff out of his system already. 2 albums plus a triple on the way? I need original Bob tunes!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 1, 2017 23:50

I seem to recall Sinatra himself put out a three setter in 1980.
Titled 'TRILOGY'.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2017 23:55

Titled 'TRILOGY'.

....well ring-a-ding-dong........

ROCKMAN

Date: February 1, 2017 23:58

Rockman
Titled 'TRILOGY'.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 2, 2017 00:10

Going to see three shows on Dylan's upcoming European tour

Paris
Frankfurt
London

Nate cool smiley

Date: February 8, 2017 14:48

Bob Dylan and his Band announce 3 intimate shows at the prestigious London Palladium on 28th, 29th and 30th April 2017, these are the final dates to be added on this tour.

On Sale 10am Friday 10th February

VIP Hospitality with Premium Seats – Mark Butler Associates 020 7603 6033 [www.markbutler.co.uk]

[rutlive.co.uk]

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 8, 2017 15:14

keefriff99
jlowe
Shame of course.
Dylan hasn't commented on politics in decades, has he? I wouldn't expect him to jump back in at this stage.

Well, his movie "Masked And Anonymous" certainly has got some political elements in it.

The title "Triplicate" sounds mightily ironic when you take the word duplicate and count one further. This 3-CD set feels almost like Dylan and his band have recorded many more songs during the sessions for the previous 2 standards albums to choose from, and now, they are just putting it all out.
Also, this is him staying true to his current path of choice in spite of the Nobel Prize commitee having just awarded him for his original material from bck in the day. After all, he didn't get this prize for the "Tempest" album, or did he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-08 15:22 by billwebster.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 9, 2017 10:03

billwebster
keefriff99
jlowe
Shame of course.

Well, his movie "Masked And Anonymous" certainly has got some political elements in it.

The title "Triplicate" sounds mightily ironic when you take the word duplicate and count one further. This 3-CD set feels almost like Dylan and his band have recorded many more songs during the sessions for the previous 2 standards albums to choose from, and now, they are just putting it all out.
Also, this is him staying true to his current path of choice in spite of the Nobel Prize commitee having just awarded him for his original material from bck in the day. After all, he didn't get this prize for the "Tempest" album, or did he?

dylan sure wrote poltical/protest Songs in the last decades, not true topical Songs but many plitical stuff after time out of mind

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 9, 2017 16:16

Word is that Ronnie Wood will be joining His Bobness for one of the Palladium gigs end April.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 9, 2017 17:08

Rockman
Titled 'TRILOGY'.

Yeah, and that's a Classic now...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: February 9, 2017 18:25

chriseganstar
Word is that Ronnie Wood will be joining His Bobness for one of the Palladium gigs end April.

Yeah whenever Bob plays in London Ronnie is usually there if not on stage then in the audience.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 9, 2017 19:54

Nate

whenever Bob plays in London Ronnie is usually there if not on stage then in the audience.

Nate

Shouldn't you write "Ronnie was usually there"... Now that Ron's totally clean he might not want to suffer Bob's voice in his ear during 3 or 4 songs... smoking smiley
When Ron was in his "loaded" days he probably didsn't realize what ordeal he'd willingly put himself thru. grinning smiley

"Errrr... Bob thx but I'll have to pass this time. Ya know kids take all my time these days. No time for sharing a stage with you anymore!".

EDIT : <cough cough> take this as a humorous post... and if your head is stuck up yer @ss it's time to pull it out, pal!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 00:19 by dcba.

Date: February 9, 2017 23:21

Yeah sure you go ahead and tell Ronnie who he should be on stage with.

When was the last time you have seen Dylan in concert or do you just judge from watching YouTube clips filmed on a phone.

Nate

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 10, 2017 16:15

chriseganstar

well, every time Bob plays two or more shows in London there's some rumor spread that Ronnie will join him on stage – BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS (except in 1996, but Ronnie didn't add much to the sound)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home