Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 10, 2017 17:18

slewan
chriseganstar
Word is that Ronnie Wood will be joining His Bobness for one of the Palladium gigs end April.

well, every time Bob plays two or more shows in London there's some rumor spread that Ronnie will join him on stage – BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS (except in 1996, but Ronnie didn't add much to the sound)

It also happened in 2004.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 10, 2017 17:20

slewan
chriseganstar
Word is that Ronnie Wood will be joining His Bobness for one of the Palladium gigs end April.

well, every time Bob plays two or more shows in London there's some rumor spread that Ronnie will join him on stage – BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS (except in 1996, but Ronnie didn't add much to the sound)

Ronnie was on stage with Bob at Finsbury Park London in 2004

I was there

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 17:21 by Nate.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 10, 2017 19:42

erikjjf
slewan
chriseganstar

It also happened in 2004.

sorry, my mistake. Forgot about that (maybe because I didn't see any Bob Dylan show in Europe that year)

Date: February 10, 2017 19:53

Did anyone get tickets for the shows at the London palladium?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 11, 2017 00:17

Nate

Nate thumbs up
Going Saturday night, which I'm told by my ticket provider (who works there) is when Ronnie is joining Bob on stage

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 11, 2017 00:35

chriseganstar
Nate

Nate thumbs up
Going Saturday night, which I'm told by my ticket provider (who works there) is when Ronnie is joining Bob on stage

Nice one

Not sure which night I will go to yet
Might see you there

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 11, 2017 00:52

Nate
chriseganstar
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Nice one

Not sure which night I will go to yet
Might see you there

Nate thumbs up

Hoping to get in for soundchecks too.

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-11 01:19 by chriseganstar.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2017 11:24

ROCKMAN

Date: February 22, 2017 22:24

NEW BOOTLEG SERIES "The Gospel Years"– now offically announced (well, more or less). From expectingrain.com:

"Clinton Heylin - Trouble In Mind: Bob Dylan's Gospel Years - What Really Happened, book Nov 14, 2017 from amazon.com - .de. from Bernard Vasek. The first ever examination of Bob Dylan's controversial Christian era publishing in sync with Columbia's box set The Gospel Years."

see also: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2017 21:33

The new album has a beautiful presentation.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2017 21:45

That's a real beauty Cristiano - almost makes me want to buy it!
Three albums worth of oldies covers though...hmmmm....think I'll have to pass for now. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 23, 2017 21:59

Cristiano Radtke
The new album has a beautiful presentation.

A bit sinister no? It looks like it was designed in a funeral parlour... grinning smiley

Date: March 2, 2017 10:09

Bob Dylan's Triplicate 3LP vinyl edition has been designed to look like those ancient 78 rpms, that came looking like a photo album. And here's a tip from a collector found at superdeluxeedition.com, "The thing with these type of deluxe editions is that the LPs need to be stored out of the sleeves because over time the sleeves will end up coming away due to the weight of the LPs." Hands up, all those prepared and willing to listen to this set more than once?

bigOmagazine

ROCKMAN

Date: March 2, 2017 10:10

BOB DYLAN'S BITS AND PIECES STUDIED
Over at the Criterion site (the folks behind The Criterion Collection), is a column documenting Bob Dylan's archives that was sold to the University of Tulsa in March 2016. The 6,000 item collection spans nearly the entire length of Dylan's 55 year-long career, and many have never been seen before. The collection was acquired by the George Kaiser Foundation and the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma for an undisclosed amount said to be between US$15 million to $20 million. Here's what archivist Michael Chaiken wrote that was posted Feb 7, 2017:

"The archive boasts hundreds of hours of live recordings, going back to Dylan's earliest coffeehouse days and continuing into his recent tours. There are many instances in the archive where a song can be studied from its initial iteration on paper, to the moment Dylan first stepped to the microphone to record it, through to its reinvention over several decades onstage. A good example of this is 'Tangled Up in Blue', from the 1975 album Blood on the Tracks - it's a song that began on paper with the title 'Dusty Sweatbox Blues', whose first studio take was a solo acoustic performance; it was ultimately released on record with a full band and has since had its lyrics and tempo radically altered in live performance. The ability to trace out this evolution is among the archive's greatest strengths.

"As another example, take 'Ballad of a Thin Man' (from 1965's Highway 61 Revisited), whose original typescript shows numerous handwritten changes and additions. Here the song's central refrain, 'Because something is happening here/But you don't know what it is,' omits its famed coda - 'Do you, Mr Jones?' - but includes several lines cut from the final lyric, such as "Your face is so serious/How fantastically absurd/You ask obnoxious questions and expect answers in one word'."

Michael Chaiken is the curator of Bob Dylan's Archives for the Helmerich Center for American Research in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is busy readying the archive for scholars, researchers and students of Bob Dylan and pop culture.

bigOmagazine

ROCKMAN

Date: March 10, 2017 18:32

Date: March 11, 2017 02:44

......nice product placement for Ortofon ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 17, 2017 13:43

Bob Dylan - Brown Sugar - Live '02
[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones & Bob Dylan Like a Rolling Stone live Rio de Janeiro
(takes em a while to get dylan's mike level up) band really into it - '98?
[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan, Keith Richards & Ron Wood (Live Aid 1985)
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 20, 2017 15:30

just announced – a North American, mainly Canadian tour:

[bobdylan.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 20, 2017 15:55

Except for a short break, a 53 date tour. Good old Bob.
In reality the Stones can't use age as a reason for only doing the shortest of tours these days.
Paul Simon has also announced a summer treck in the US.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 20, 2017 20:05

jlowe
Except for a short break, a 53 date tour. Good old Bob.
In reality the Stones can't use age as a reason for only doing the shortest of tours these days.
Paul Simon has also announced a summer treck in the US.

Didn't notice they made use of the age reason so far...but if...same age-different health conditions.
Nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 21, 2017 18:33

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-21 20:24 by TheGreek.

Date: March 23, 2017 04:20

A new and long Q&A with Bill Flanagan was just published on Dylan's website: [bobdylan.com]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 23, 2017 06:18

Thank you Cristiano; I really enjoyed all of that. What a great conversation; he's just so all the way 'there' and out front about everything; It's like a masters class just over-hearing him. Time well spent thank you.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:17

What a great interview, thanks for sharing!

Date: March 23, 2017 08:11

First Listen: Selected Works from Bob Dylan's 'Triplicate'

[www.npr.org]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 23, 2017 10:44

"Rock and roll was indeed an extension of what was going on – the big swinging bands – Ray Noble, Will Bradley, Glenn Miller, I listened to that music before I heard Elvis Presley. But rock and roll was high energy, explosive and cut down. It was skeleton music"

Brilliant definition of what rock is, right?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 23, 2017 14:03

"Audio unavailable in your region" ... Do record companies realize that we are now in the 21st century? eye rolling smiley

Date: March 23, 2017 14:25

What drummers do you like?

Lots of them, Krupa, Elvin Jones, Fred Below, Jimmy Van Eaton, Charlie Watts. I like Casey Dickens, the drummer who played with Bob Wills. There are a lot of great drummers.

Date: March 23, 2017 15:02

kowalski
"Audio unavailable in your region" ... Do record companies realize that we are now in the 21st century? eye rolling smiley

Same here. thumbs up

This link is working for me: [whro.org]

Date: March 23, 2017 15:04

Cristiano Radtke
kowalski

Same here. thumbs up

This link is working for me: [whro.org]

Working for me too. Thanks! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 15:04 by kowalski.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home