Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2016 00:26

POTATOES!!!! ..... Geeeeeeeeez Eric you guys should got Washboard Sam ta tour ...

[www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 18, 2016 10:22

jlowe
He has no concert dates planned in December.
Recording studio time?
Family time?

Probably his "me" time... busy busy busy... oh soooo busy.

angee
Wonder where his lecture will be, if he gives one.
I wonder what the requirements are for the required lecture?
Is there a minimum number of words required? Minimum time required? Can he phone it in?

It would be fun if they give Neil Young this award next year.
Mr Young reacts well to being told he is required to do, say and play certain things. Just ask David Geffen.grinning smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 21, 2016 03:54

Just saw the 'Make You Feel My Love' Mercedes tv commercial. I thought there was a nice sentiment about it. As far as tv ads go, it was nice.

Date: November 21, 2016 04:02

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 21, 2016 04:14

Socrates1
Just saw the 'Make You Feel My Love' Mercedes tv commercial. I thought there was a nice sentiment about it. As far as tv ads go, it was nice.

Thanks to your post I looked it up on Google and found it. I haven't seen this and it was nice. thumbs up

[www.ispot.tv]

Date: November 22, 2016 01:22

I'm not sure if I get the other 'When the Ship Comes In' VW commercial. An eagle scoops up a fish out of the water, and I guess that's not supposed to be "relaxing" to the campers/hikers?

Don't they say, "it's so relaxing up here" in the VW commercial, then they hear the eagle's call... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did you see that one, Cristiano? The VW commercial is up for interpretation. It's like trying to figure out his songs....

Date: November 22, 2016 01:43

Socrates1
I'm not sure if I get the other 'When the Ship Comes In' VW commercial. An eagle scoops up a fish out of the water, and I guess that's not supposed to be "relaxing" to the campers/hikers?

Don't they say, "it's so relaxing up here" in the VW commercial, then they hear the eagle's call... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did you see that one, Cristiano? The VW commercial is up for interpretation. It's like trying to figure out his songs....

No, I didn't know about that.

There's a video on YouTube but it says - to me, at least - that it's private.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 22, 2016 02:48

They're showing it on tv in the USA now. It's a fun commercial. I'm not complaining. But I think it was probably written by somebody from the city.

Date: November 22, 2016 18:37

Just wanted to share this factoid, from another site, for the Bob Dylan setlist-gawkers:

Summary of Changes in Fort Myers since the previous night's show in Clearwater:

1. Pay In Blood & High Water positions swapped again
2. Simple Twist axed for Why Try To Change Me Now
3. Early Roman Kings axed for Scarlet Town
4. Sinatra alert: count now 7

A Level-7 Sinatra Alert has been issued! WTF?!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 22, 2016 19:00

On paper the setlists still look pretty good. Every Sinatra song has a great song right next to it. Blowin' In The Wind, Soon After Midnight, Desolation Row, Long And Wasted Years, Tangled Up In Blue, Pay In Blood, Lovesick, Highway 61. Then again, I'm a fan of Tempest.

Date: November 22, 2016 19:32

I'm glad you like Tempest.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 23, 2016 05:13

Rockman

Norwegian fans greet the Rolling Stones 1965 ...........

World War Z.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 23, 2016 05:19

Milan
Staged. I love this one better: [www.youtube.com]

Yes. The beginning is totally staged. But he was really cool about it. It was fun to watch this. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:53

Friday 9 December, BBC4 (UK)
9pm-12.25
Arena.
"No Direction Home' - Bob Dylan dir. Scorcese
Both parts and no commercial breaks!

Date: December 1, 2016 14:09

Rolling Stones on Bob Dylan's Nobel prize – 'He thought he had done something pretty good'

The Nobel laureate was happy about his literary win when he shared a bill with the Stones immediately after the news was announced

For all his public diffidence about winning the Nobel prize in literature – he was criticised for being “impolite and arrogant” by a member of the Swedish Academy for not returning its calls – Bob Dylan really was pleased to get the award.

The Rolling Stones played the Desert Trip festival in California with Dylan the weekend after he was awarded the Nobel prize, and told the Guardian he had seemed happy, but sheepish about it.

“He kept calling me Sir Ronnie,” Ronnie Wood said, in part of a Rolling Stones interview that will appear in this week’s G2 Film&Music, “and when Charlie walked in he said, ‘And Sir Charlie, too! Everyone from England is a sir, right?’ We said, ‘Yeah Bob, but it’s not like … it’s really good about your Nobel prize.’ And he went, ‘You think so? It’s good, huh?’ And we said, ‘You deserve it.’ And he said, ‘That’s great – thanks.’

“He didn’t really know how to accept it, but he thought he had done something pretty good,” said Wood.

Late in October, Dylan finally broke his silence when he called Sara Danius, the permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy, and said: “I appreciate the honour so much. The news about the Nobel prize left me speechless.” He also told the Daily Telegraph he would attend the Nobel ceremony “if at all possible”.

It turned out not to be. In November, Dylan’s management wrote to the academy saying “he wishes he could receive the prize personally, but other commitments make it unfortunately impossible”.

Dylan’s arms-length attitude towards the prize was evident again last Thursday, when he did not attend President Barack Obama’s reception at the White House for this year’s US Nobel prize winners. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at the Wednesday press briefing: “Unfortunately, for those of you wondering, Bob Dylan will not be at the White House today, so everybody can relax.”

Earnest said Dylan didn’t give a reason, but he noted that Dylan and the president had met previously and “the president enjoyed meeting him”.

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: December 5, 2016 08:20

Double vinyl release of Sydney 1966...

Very hard to find any info about this limited edition album
but said to be an Australian only release - One pressing run of 1500 copies .....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2016 13:10

I reviewed the London 1966 concert - and a bit of the complete set - for The Arts Desk. A genius at the first twist of cosmic powers get no platformed by English liberals "with a social conscience".
The Arts Desk - The Real Albert hall Concert

video: [vimeo.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2016 15:18

Rockman I ordered a copy of the live in Sydney via Amazon. They confirmed the order but not when it will be shipped. This is very interesting!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 7, 2016 19:25

Can you post a link?

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 7, 2016 19:30

Nevermind, found it: [www.amazon.com]

Is this an official release?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 7, 2016 19:55

"Import 2 x LP Pressing. 'Bob Dylan Live In Sydney 1966' is the first time that Bob Dylan's concert, recorded on April 13, 1966, and the at the Sydney Stadium, has been available as an official Bob Dylan release. The first concert of his 1966 World Tour outside of the US, it is being released as a one-pressing only limited edition 2LP-set. The show was originally recorded by TCN9 for TV broadcast, and is one of the only recordings from the 1966 tour that still exists in it's entirety, and also it's audio quality. Dylan is accompanied on these recordings by Robbie Robertson (guitar), Rick Danko (bass, backing vocals), Richard Manuel (piano), Garth Hudson (organ) and Mickey Jones (drums)".

Price is way high at $83.99, but it's listed as an "import". If and when there is a US domestic release, I expect the price will be about half of that.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2016 20:01

That amazon price is almost tripple what I ordered it for on the pre-order, the guaranteed pre-order price was $34.99!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: December 8, 2016 00:01

Complete Sydney gig: [www.youtube.com]

Date: December 8, 2016 00:10

JB HI-FI ------ [www.jbhifi.com.au]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:53

Bob will be doing a U.K. tour next May.

Nate thumbs up

Date: December 8, 2016 17:36

Nate
Bob will be doing a U.K. tour next May.

Nate thumbs up

Great news.

3 May 2017
Cardiff, Wales
Motorpoint Arena

4 May 2017
Bournemouth, England
Bournemouth International Centre

5 May 2017
Nottingham, England
Motorpoint Arena

7 May 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
SECC Clyde Auditorium

8 May 2017
Liverpool, England
Echo Arena

9 May 2017
London, England
The SSE Arena, Wembley

Tickets on sale from December 13.

[bobdylan.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 8, 2016 22:53

UK tour dates announced today => [bobdylan.com]
More dates for Europe in April are most likely to be announced soon

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 11, 2016 00:55

The Nobel speech.

[www.nobelprize.org]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 11, 2016 01:00

dmay
The Nobel speech.

[www.nobelprize.org]

Beat me to it, I just came here to post it. grinning smiley

Such a great speech, and what he says about Shakespeare is totally accurate.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 11, 2016 01:29

Well, the famous recluse didn't bother to come. And Patti Smith @#$%& up her tribute song at the ceremony.
There you go. Congratulations Sara Danius. What a wonderful choice!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home