Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 126
Re: Like a Rolling Stone
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 16, 2016 10:15

flilflam
The man next to me said that he had paid for a meet and greet prior to a Dylan concert. This was attended by his band, but Dylan just walked through the crowd of people without a word, and went to his dressing room.

The thought of Dylan doing a meet and greet freaked me out, it was actually a relief to find he didn't. grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 16, 2016 10:20

flilflam
The man next to me said that he had paid for a meet and greet prior to a Dylan concert. This was attended by his band, but Dylan just walked through the crowd of people without a word, and went to his dressing room.

There has never been an offer to buy a meet and greet event with Bob Dylan

Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 16, 2016 11:10

RollingFreak
dcba
I wonder what Leonard Cohen song Bob's going to play tonight live...

EDIT : answer? None! >grinning smiley<

Nah, I'd never expect him to pay tribute. He's not that kind of guy to deviate from his normal show routine or get emotional. At least I've never seen him be that way.

Well he played some Dead songs in 95 after Garcia died and he also gave a tip of the hat to Warren Zevon when WZ made an announcement he had terminal cancer.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:19

Bob Dylan has decided not to come to Stockholm

Yesterday evening the Swedish Academy received a personal letter from Bob Dylan, in which he explained that due to pre-existing commitments, he is unable to travel to Stockholm in December and therefore will not attend the Nobel Prize Ceremony. He underscored, once again, that he feels very honored indeed, wishing that he could receive the prize in person.

That laureates decide not to come is unusual, to be sure, but not exceptional. In the recent past, several laureates have, for various reasons, been unable to come to Stockholm to receive the prize, among them Doris Lessing, Harold Pinter, and Elfriede Jelinek. The prize still belongs to them, just as it belongs to Bob Dylan.

We look forward to Bob Dylan’s Nobel Lecture, which he must give – it is the only requirement – within six months counting from December 10, 2016.

More information will follow on Friday, November 18.

[www.svenskaakademien.se]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:37

There has never been an offer to buy a meet and greet event with Bob Dylan[/quote]

My one quick story on trying to 'meet' Bob. I went to see him at a hockey rink type venue in Lowell MA in 2000. I hung around the stage entrance door for about an hour in the afternoon, hoping to see him go in for Soundcheck and try to get an autograph or a pic. Finally, 2 tour buses pull up, along with a cop on a bicycle. Two guys get out of one of the buses and ask what I'm doing there. I said I'm just hoping to maybe get an autograph. (I'm the ONLY one there at like 3:00p). They say - NO, you need to leave the area. I'm like, Well can I just stand over here? NO, you can leave the area, or deal with him (points to the nearby cop). BUT I AM NOT A LUNATIC! I shout - no, not really.
It was just interesting. Most celebs I've encountered (and there's been a few, including some of the Stones) will at least give a wave, or stop and sign - but Bob Dylan, at least from that encounter, will have none of it. I'm sure Bob has had his share of true lunatics over the years, and must have just shut it down altogether at some point. So - good luck trying to meet Mr. Zimmerman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:47

" and must have just shut it down altogether at some point "

If hapiness is meeting some smelly man with a shaking hand with a pen trying to get an autograph then....then, think again. I'm glad Dylan doesn't meet men who paid cash to see him, like if he was a hooker. What Dylan stands for takes a professor to get a glimpse about.

I met my favourite authour, ever, at a bus-stop. I just gave him a nod, and he nodded back. That was it. I could have discussed a lot of things with him for hours, but really...he doesn't need me.

I don't get you people who want to have "an autograph" or "shake hands" or whatever, you really.......yes, you suck, you really do, I use the word "suck", and I stand by it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-16 18:48 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:50

ummm - ok.

Date: November 16, 2016 19:07

"ummm - sigh - gargle" - that's all you gotta say, then just stay in the shadows - you un-man man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-16 19:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2016 19:47

I also find it meaningless to bother someone for an autograph, especially if someone is stalking their prey (creepy!), but who am I to judge.
I met Keith briefly once in Stockholm '03 with several friends and shook his hand telling him thanks (he extended his hand, not me).
I met Ronnie once at a Dylan concert in Santa Monica '79 and let him borrow a pack of matches - he was sitting next to me and my brother.
I also met him at a couple of his art shows in Vegas ('03 and '06 I think), briefly discussing a painting he did of Hendrix as he made the obligatory rounds around the gallery.
I kind of/sort of met Charlie at the Amsterdam airport by the luggage carousel '03, but he was being hounded by fans who wanted pics, etc.
Someone ran up to Charlie, and asked me to take a pic w/their camera - how could I refuse with a smiling Charlie in front of me who was gracious enough to pose?
These memories are worth more to me than a signature hanging on my wall, but to each his own...

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 16, 2016 20:19

Erik_Snow
"ummm - sigh - gargle" - that's all you gotta say, then just stay in the shadows - you un-man man

Wow, what's your problem? Relax.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 16, 2016 20:39

Just saw the Bobster again last night( my eleventh time since 91')and my friend sitting next to me said Bob seemed more animated in anytime he had seen him and I must agree, seemed to have a little spring in his step, crooning away on those Sinatra's tunes he's doing at the moment...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 17, 2016 03:01

Bob seemed to be very happy at the second Desert Trip show. He was not wearing his hat and was all smiles. He had just won the Nobel Prize.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 17, 2016 16:18

Erik_Snow
I don't get you people who want to have "an autograph" or "shake hands" or whatever, you really.......yes, you suck, you really do, I use the word "suck", and I stand by it.

I wouldn't say the word "suck", but thats just me. If its their prerogative I have no problems with it. For me personally, I have always said I never need a picture (I met the guy, why do I need proof) and I probably wouldn't bother for an autograph either. But then I'm not a Meet and Greet type of guy. I would rather meet the person on the street, and I would hope I would just be able to say something from the heart that they don't actually hear all the time. Long shot, I know, and I don't need some connection, but I wouldn't go up to the Stones and say "Jumpin Jack Flash man!" I'd like to say "Listen, just want to thank you and say 'I Got The Blues', now thats a classic." Name something obscure, maybe evoke an honest reaction from them, and thats it. But yeah, I've never been into hounding or stalking them. Totally agree with Hairball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 16:20 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 17, 2016 16:46

Erik_Snow

If hapiness is meeting some smelly man with a shaking hand with a pen trying to get an autograph then....then, think again. I'm glad Dylan doesn't meet men who paid cash to see him, like if he was a hooker. What Dylan stands for takes a professor to get a glimpse about.

I met my favourite authour, ever, at a bus-stop. I just gave him a nod, and he nodded back. That was it. I could have discussed a lot of things with him for hours, but really...he doesn't need me.

Agreed. It blows my mind that adults are actually begging stars to sign their names on something. WTH. Leave them alone.

I don't care about meeting any celeb and don't get how anyone could. I mean if I was on a plane and Mick Jagger was sitting right next to me kind of cool but thats about it.

Years ago my Son played in basketball tourneys and one game a famous athlete was there to watch his son play, he was wearing a hat pulled down and trying to stay out of the way so he could just watch his son play and still people were going up to him and talking and asking for autographs despite the fact that it was obvious to a normal human ( me ) that he was annoyed for good reason. I couldn't imagine dealing with that crap everyday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 19:09 by stanlove.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 17, 2016 18:25

Cristiano Radtke
Bob Dylan has decided not to come to Stockholm

Yesterday evening the Swedish Academy received a personal letter from Bob Dylan, in which he explained that due to pre-existing commitments, he is unable to travel to Stockholm in December and therefore will not attend the Nobel Prize Ceremony. He underscored, once again, that he feels very honored indeed, wishing that he could receive the prize in person.

That laureates decide not to come is unusual, to be sure, but not exceptional. In the recent past, several laureates have, for various reasons, been unable to come to Stockholm to receive the prize, among them Doris Lessing, Harold Pinter, and Elfriede Jelinek. The prize still belongs to them, just as it belongs to Bob Dylan.

We look forward to Bob Dylan’s Nobel Lecture, which he must give – it is the only requirement – within six months counting from December 10, 2016.

More information will follow on Friday, November 18.

[www.svenskaakademien.se]

This will be fun to watch, telling him he has 6 month to come give a lecture to them, A REQUIREMENT!

I wonder what the oddsmakers are putting him as a no show no care keep it?

Date: November 17, 2016 19:15

stanlove
Erik_Snow

Agreed. It blows my mind that adults are actually begging stars to sign their names on something. WTH. Leave them them alone.

I don't care about meeting any celeb and don't get how anyone could. I mean if I was on a plane and Mick Jagger was sitting right next to me kind of cool but thats about it.

Years ago my Son played in basketball tourneys and one game a famous athlete was there to watch his son play, he was wearing a hat pulled down and trying to stay out of the way so he could just watch his son play and still people were going up to him and talking and asking for autographs despite the fact that it was obvious to a normal human ( me ) that he was annoyed for good reason. I couldn't imagine dealing with that crap everyday.

Its just an odd thing in life. On one hand, it comes with the price of fame, and it really is just something that a healthy amount of people love. I have friends that insist on going to the stage door for EVERY play we see. I personally couldn't care less but they love doing it (and I guess for that the performers are generally expecting it so its less weird). On the other, good lord can't some people leave celebrities alone? What do you genuinely think you'll say to them they haven't already heard a million times. If you're respectful its one thing, but I don't get the crazed fans.

Last thing I'll say about it just cause it was recent: I recently saw Bruce Springsteen at this small talk in NY while he was doing press for his book. Really intimate, awesome evening. Patti Smith ended up being there, and at the end of the night I was oddly thinking "boy it would be nice to run into Patti Smith outside." I'm just kinda walking around and I see everyone crowded at the stage door for Bruce. I figure I'll wait too and just see how this turns out for everyone. About 20 minutes later he finally comes out and people go nuts. So much excitement for the 10 minutes he walks to his car. He gets in and then it turns into a scene from A Hard Day's Night. Its NY so the car keeps stopping every two seconds for traffic and people are just following him down the street. Its cute and funny in a second, and then deeply creepy in another. He was safe, but good lord there were people continually knocking on the window for 5 minutes till he finally made it through the night.

And then on the flip side, 10 minutes before Bruce came out Charlie Rose walked by and everyone said "hey Charlie" and waved, as he did the same and waved back to everyone. No hounding, no nothing, a genuine human interaction. I'd much prefer that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2016 19:55

Norwegian fans greet the Rolling Stones 1965 ...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 17, 2016 21:37

Erik_Snow

Dostoyevsky has been dead for 135 years, Erik. Have you started to hallucinate like Ivan Karamazov?

Date: November 17, 2016 21:42

Erik_Snow

I don't get you people who want to have "an autograph" or "shake hands" or whatever

To me there's a difference between a guy like Dylan who'd get constantly assaulted with demands of autographs selfies and whatnot ("hey read my poems!!!") if he let ppl come near him and someone (like your writer) who gets recognized once a month.

I once "bothered" Francis Ford Coppola (shook his hand and took a very bad photo of him) : he took my BS very kindly probably because I was the sole person to recognize him in the crowded street we were. Other ppl just saw a bearded slightly overweight man dressed like a Floridian retiree (hawaian shirt + bermudas).

Me I was seeing a genius filmmaker...

Date: November 17, 2016 22:02

This is classic though:

[www.youtube.com]

Bob's expression is phenomenal.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 17, 2016 22:16

Staged. I love this one better: [www.youtube.com]

Date: November 17, 2016 22:29

HERALD SUN ---- 18 November 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 17, 2016 23:09

He has no concert dates planned in December.
Recording studio time?
Family time?

Date: November 17, 2016 23:21

wrapping presents ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 17, 2016 23:48

Wonder where his lecture will be, if he gives one.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 17, 2016 23:48

z
Erik_Snow

Dostoyevsky has been dead for 135 years, Erik. Have you started to hallucinate like Ivan Karamazov?

Funny! And you are right. I meant my favourite living author.
Dostoyevsky, Thomas Mann, Hamsun, Zweig and Proust are not amongst us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 23:52 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 17, 2016 23:50

Who was he? C'mon Erik spill the beans...

Date: November 17, 2016 23:53

dcba
Who was he? C'mon Erik spill the beans...

You probably haven't heard his name, my friend.

Date: November 17, 2016 23:59

Allright, it was Dag Solstad, who is the only author of norway, together with Knut Hamsun, that will leave an ever-lasting impact on the literature that's being written. Allthough 99% of the literature being published is crap and merely "entertainment"

Date: November 18, 2016 00:02

Rockman

Norwegian fans greet the Rolling Stones 1965 ...........[/quote

No, Rockman, that's not right, we were digging up potatoes, we didn't care about R&R, we just wanted something to eat

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home