Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 15, 2016 15:41

Sounds good, we should try to grab a beer before/at the show!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 15, 2016 18:23

gotdablouse
Sounds good, we should try to grab a beer before/at the show!

Yep for sure

Nate smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:20

A very empathetic answer from Patti Smith on why she was so nervous performing at the Nobel Prize ceremony.
[www.expressen.se]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 20:24 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 21, 2016 20:48

Bob appeared on NBC' Tony Bennett 90th Birthday specialthat was aired last night, singing Once Upon a Time. Keith made a short participation, singing Happy Birthday to Tony.

Bob Dylan - Once Upon a Time

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: December 21, 2016 22:58

"can't wait, hope he plays Hurricane"

"Yes Hurricane would be great I've seen Bob 5 times before and never heard him play that."

- I am kinda sad to let you know that the last time he played Hurricane was 25 january 1976... if I remember correctly from my old Dylan obsession years, he said that there was no point in performing the song anymore since the guy got released.

You have more chance of hearing one of the instrumental tracks from the "Pat Garrett & Billy the kid" than Hurricane.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-21 23:02 by Milan.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 22, 2016 00:34

Yeah, if he was ever gonna play Hurricane, or mention it, it would be when he died. He didn't. Song is never getting played again. Unfortunately, cause we all know its incredible.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 22, 2016 10:11

Cristiano Radtke
Bob appeared on NBC' Tony Bennett 90th Birthday specialthat was aired last night, singing Once Upon a Time. Keith made a short participation, singing Happy Birthday to Tony.

Lovely...thanks.
Bob out crooning Mr Bennett!
Any footage of young Keith?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 22, 2016 17:02

Amazing. Listen to him SING. He can sing when he wants to! It is so amazing that he chooses to confound and confuse fans at his live shows grumbling through most of his songs as if he is gargling glass. Yet here he croons! Sings! Beautiful!

Date: December 22, 2016 17:11

jlowe
Cristiano Radtke

Lovely...thanks.
Bob out crooning Mr Bennett!
Any footage of young Keith?

Not on YouTube,as far as I know. I can't play it on NBC website due to region restrictions, but looks like the whole special is here: [www.nbc.com]

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 23, 2016 03:34

Great vocal! His band seems like they're from another time now.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 24, 2016 01:34

Cristiano Radtke

wow.
had no right to even vaguely expect this kind of magic. what wonderful singing; this is intensely amazing; i'm so thankful for this...it's majestic and unforgettable.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 24, 2016 06:45

Hopkins, an IORR friend called my attention to this post.

THANK YOU SO MUCH...What great taste YOU have and how happy I am
to not have missed this touching Bob Dylan performance.

Date: December 24, 2016 12:15

What a beautiful performance by Dylan in the Tony Bennett Special. Just beautiful. Dylan doesn't get near enough credit as a musician. In his songwriting it is always about the lyrics, - understood. But so many of his songs are timeless also for their music. And for some good singing.

Date: December 27, 2016 03:18

[swarmuth.blogspot.com]

Bob Dylan's Beaten Path
Selling The Brooklyn Bridge

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: December 29, 2016 17:01

Possible explanation for Bob's no-show at the Nobel Prize ceremony.

Mysterious tweet hints at the confluence of Bob Dylan, Daniel Lanois and Jimi Hendrix – Re:Create Magazine
[recreatemag.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-29 17:02 by bonddm.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 29, 2016 18:23

Sinatra tribute in 1995 :
[www.youtube.com]

A sublime performance!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 29, 2016 20:01

bonddm
Possible explanation for Bob's no-show at the Nobel Prize ceremony.

Mysterious tweet hints at the confluence of Bob Dylan, Daniel Lanois and Jimi Hendrix – Re:Create Magazine
[recreatemag.com]

"But fans of Dylan and his masterpiece works produced with Lanois, 1989’s Oh Mercy and 1997’s Time Out of Mind, are excitedly left wondering whether a third chapter might be on the horizon"?

thumbs up

Maybe not so much Oh Mercy, but Time Out of Mind is indeed a masterpiece imo.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: December 30, 2016 03:27

don't know how it happened, but look at what i found

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 30, 2016 19:44

hopkins
Cristiano Radtke

wow.
had no right to even vaguely expect this kind of magic. what wonderful singing; this is intensely amazing; i'm so thankful for this...it's majestic and unforgettable.

I agree. I missed seeing the broadcast of the Bennett birthday tribute, so I'm sure glad I caught this incredible performance.

The choice of shooting this with one camera--with a slow zoom in and then out--was a brilliant choice by the director.

When Dylan performs "standards" he gets to the emotional core of the song. Unlike other singers who associate songs from the pre-Rock era with the arrangements and fashion of their time (Linda Ronstadt's Nelson Riddle produced albums showing her in gowns instead of jeans) Dylan's performances aren't about "nostalgia" for an era that most are too young to remember as much as a reminder why some songs are "timeless."

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 31, 2016 00:18

hopkins
[swarmuth.blogspot.com]

Bob Dylan's Beaten Path
Selling The Brooklyn Bridge

Thanks for posting. This was interesting and insightful. Not a quick read though
but gives you a further peek into Bob (or does it?).

Date: December 31, 2016 02:14

loog droog
hopkins
Cristiano Radtke

wow.

I agree. I missed seeing the broadcast of the Bennett birthday tribute, so I'm sure glad I caught this incredible performance.

The choice of shooting this with one camera--with a slow zoom in and then out--was a brilliant choice by the director.

When Dylan performs "standards" he gets to the emotional core of the song. Unlike other singers who associate songs from the pre-Rock era with the arrangements and fashion of their time (Linda Ronstadt's Nelson Riddle produced albums showing her in gowns instead of jeans) Dylan's performances aren't about "nostalgia" for an era that most are too young to remember as much as a reminder why some songs are "timeless."

wow i never thought of that. it explains a lot about him to me, stuff i thought I kinda knew but he's still so in the present and everybody's always in the past with him. the way he did things even back in the day. everyone knew he was just going to do it once and that's it. catch it or don't. or maybe he'd work up something a little to get it right, but he's not there for multi-takes on cue, he's presenting his reality in that moment, even knowing a lot of people are just listening to their own heads. fascinating cat, ever fascinating. thank you.

yeah swim (to the moon), I had to take it in pieces but it was worth it. ty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-31 02:19 by hopkins.

Date: January 7, 2017 02:49

The 36CD Bob Dylan box, The 1966 Live Recordings is very cheap right now over on Amazon Italy.

The box set is a Dylan fan’s – and completist’s – dream, containing “every known recording” from his legendary 1966 tour. This is around £65 (€77) right now which is as cheap as it has been.

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Date: January 18, 2017 16:01

Rockman,
I am getting my delivery today of Dylan Live in Sidney. Looking forward to hearing this!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: January 18, 2017 17:12

Thank you for sharing! That was amazing wonderful recent performance. Yes, Dylan can sing when he wants...here is another of my favorites.

Things have changed Live

Cristiano Radtke

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 18, 2017 18:04

Cristiano Radtke
The 36CD Bob Dylan box, The 1966 Live Recordings is very cheap right now over on Amazon Italy.

The box set is a Dylan fan’s – and completist’s – dream, containing “every known recording” from his legendary 1966 tour. This is around £65 (€77) right now which is as cheap as it has been.

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Does this confirm that there just is not that much demand for these Legacy box sets? I wonder what the sales figures are and if the record companies make any profit from them (especially with established artists with higher than average royalty rates).

Date: January 18, 2017 18:25

I think the problem with this recent release is there just isn't enough variation in the set lists to warrant it. That's why I am opting for just getting the two vinyl releases from this set, the Live in Sydney and the real Live at the Royal Albert Hall that was just released. That seems more sane than getting 36 CDs of basically the same set lists. . .

Triplicate - New Dylan album
Date: January 31, 2017 07:22

"I Could Have Told You" off Bob Dylan's upcoming album 'Triplicate' is available now:

Bob Dylan's first three-disc album 'Triplicate,' which features 30 brand new recordings of classic American songs, will be available March 31.

[itunes.apple.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-31 07:24 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 31, 2017 08:25

It is as if he became Bryan Ferry.smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2017 09:40

Thank you Christiano; this is so good; i love this. first listen to new Dylan record courtesy of you; now part of my very own rock and roll history; way cool and i appreciate it; i can just listen to this and it grounds me; if that's 'easy listening' ala bob i'm more than OK w it personally. thank you.

you know i think this pretty darn good; lovely; triplicate? ok; like to hear more...even a little vibrato toward the end;...now the auto play is Hard Rain studio version and that's a bit of alight too thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 31, 2017 09:41

Toru A
It is as if he became Bryan Ferry.smiling smiley

I think I'd actually prefer he be Bryan Ferry than Frank Sinatra, but we shall see!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home