Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:34

Been stressing over Australia tickets. Just scored Sydney Arena lower tier 3rd row off official site for face . Worth doing the waiting game.Did same with Hanging rock and we got front block 11th row.Both print at home ,so in hand already smiling smiley
Only panicked over Melbourne arena as it appeared sold out....used Viagogo for the pit ticket. Bent me over, then emailed to say they post tickets out 3 days before event. I'll have been in Aus a week by then confused smiley Doh ! Looking at Hotel delivery .

A sell out is never quite a sell out. I'm slowly learning to hold my my nerve with ticket buying.

sc uk

Posted by: chop ()
Date: August 20, 2014 06:14

drbryant
john nicholls
MSGsad smiley( Has to be the most overrated venue in the world.

John Nicholls

With the renovations, it's a spectacular looking venue. Frankly, from an average fan's standpoint, the older MSG had better and more cheap seats. But if you want a swanky, modern arena, you've got one now!

It's better than it used to be, but it's still the 3rd best venue in the area. Prudential Center and Barclays are much better than even a renovated MSG

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:42

Only been to MSG once for The Stones in January 2003. Great experience to see them at that famous and renowned venue. Don't know what differance the renovations have made.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 21, 2014 04:18

I found the renovated MSG the easiest venue ever to turn my cheap seat into a floor ticket.

Not just once, but all three times I saw the Stones play there. When questioned, I just had to reply that I was heading to the bar on the first level to smoke (the only legal place to in the joint). Waived through, and once there, just had to wait for the rush when they take the stage and... badda bang.. floor ticket.

Saw them at Barclay, and had some success there as well, but not as easy as MSG.
(MGM Vegas is also very easy ; )

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 21, 2014 09:31

Well done MisterDDDD.
I admire anyone that can blag their way to a better position. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: August 21, 2014 22:02

Hope to see the Stones in Canada one last time!
smoking smiley

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:57

The South American leg of the tour will start in Chile (13 February) then Argentina 4-5 shows. Then Uruguay, Brazil (4-5 shows), Peru, Costa Rica, Columbia, Mexico. 13 February - early April.

Date: August 22, 2014 14:35

MoreFastNumbers
The South American leg of the tour will start in Chile (13 February) then Argentina 4-5 shows. Then Uruguay, Brazil (4-5 shows), Peru, Costa Rica, Columbia, Mexico. 13 February - early April.

Source?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 22, 2014 15:24

MoreFastNumbers

Sounds like great timing. Escape the tail end of winter, for someplace warm. Can't wait!!!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 24, 2014 04:27

Is there a demand in Peru , Chile Uruguay? I think these countries prefer heavy metal? Argentinians are the best fans IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-24 04:27 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 24, 2014 04:32

Brstonesfan
Is there a demand in Peru , Chile Uruguay?

Yes, there is.

Date: August 24, 2014 06:21

I am aware of the passion of fans from S. America, but typically heavy metal is preferred much like in Europe. Argentina and Brazil , however, have always loved the Stones.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: August 24, 2014 16:54

Brstonesfan
Is there a demand in Peru , Chile Uruguay? I think these countries prefer heavy metal? Argentinians are the best fans IMHO.

Uruguay shares with Argentina the same DNA (excepcepting the corruption), and that also goes to music. The Stones sure will fullfil the Centenario with uruguayean fans, and if they not, we will be there to fullfil it!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-24 17:00 by dandelion1967.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: August 24, 2014 19:14

mr DDD wrote, "I found the renovated MSG the easiest venue ever to turn my cheap seat into a floor ticket"what show are you referring to? except for the Sandy relief concert the Stones haven't played the renovated MSG

Date: August 25, 2014 05:39

rocknola
mr DDD wrote, "I found the renovated MSG the easiest venue ever to turn my cheap seat into a floor ticket"what show are you referring to? except for the Sandy relief concert the Stones haven't played the renovated MSG

Oh Shoot..
I guess I meant the old MSG.. I honestly (embarrassingly) thought it was remodeled in like 2000... I was there several times in that decade....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2014 19:09

The history of MSG on the wiki page says the lower bowl was renovated and opened in 2011.

But then lower down it says it was delayed. So... again, no knowing the truth via wikipedia.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 28, 2014 16:53

Rolling Stones Announce Australian Support Acts
British India, The Preatures join rock icons for Aussie shows.

The Rolling Stones have added a couple of stellar names to their Australian arena tour, including both The Preatures and British India for November stops in Hanging Rock and the Hunter Valley.

Already featuring icon Jimmy Barnes at the Adelaide Oval launch of The Rolling Stones’ nine-stop Aussie tour, British India and The Preatures will join the veteran rockers on Saturday, November 8 at Macedon, Hanging Rock and again when the tour hits Hunter Valley’s Hope Estate on Saturday, November 15.

British India are fresh off a stint in Berlin where they wrote and recorded their fifth studio album and will provide fans at Hanging Rocking and Hope Estate some of the first glimpses of their new material, as well favourites from last year’s Controller.

“When you’re in the rock business like we are, The Rolling Stones make up a massive part of the musical landscape before you’ve even picked up a guitar,” British India’s Declan Melia said in a statement.

“They’re one of the very few bands all four of us truly love and their music has sound-tracked our career since we started.”

Sydney five-piece The Preatures are coming off a huge festival run- including spots at Glastonbury, Bonnaroo, Splendour In The Grass, Coachella and Jimmy Kimmel Live- capping off a massive year in which they flew to the top of the Australian charts with hit single ‘Is This How You Feel’. The Preatures also debuted new single ‘Somebody’s Talking’ (below) on Thursday.

“When we heard there was a chance of supporting The Rolling Stones, we tried not to think about it, in case it didn’t happen,” The Preatures Gideon Benson. “When we actually got the nod from them, we went in to shock and we still are.”

Final release for The Stones visit to Hope Estate will go on sale from 10am on September 1.

[www.craveonline.com]

What comes after April 2015 in Mexico City?
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:38

I just looked at the 14 on Fire Tour 2014 link on this iorr.org website, and Mexico City was rumored to be hosting the Stones in March/April 2015. In every case these rumors have turned out to be confirmed dates.

I am wondering if the USA is next for the Stones after a series of stops in Mexico. From a practical standpoint, it would make sense for the Stones to keep the buses rolling through the USA instead of returning to Central or South America. I must see them at least three more times before they retire or before I pass away. Does any one have any thoughts on this issue/wish of mine?

Re: What comes after April 2015 in Mexico City?
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:43

flilflam
What comes after April 2015

Probably May 2015, but I must check it with my calendar.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:48

Hopefully a small break and some US/Can dates.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2014 22:50

I hope for a mini-series of concerts again in London 2015:

50th anniversary of 'Satisfaction' (June 6, 1965) smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2014 23:28

Yes London again! Sounds like a good idea to me. Another celebration.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 30, 2014 23:36

Yeah a residency at the O2 with "themed" nights? "Exile" night, "BB" night, "LIBleed" night, "Dirty Work" night (with a 80% discount on ticket price for that show). grinning smiley

Date: August 30, 2014 23:49

Do not see a demand for them to play Mexico .

Date: August 31, 2014 02:01

They should return to the U.S. for at least a few shows .

They skipped the entire southern half of the country besides Los Angeles during 2012 / 2013 .

Nothing further south than Washington D.C. as far as the east coast of the U.S. goes .

They haven't played in Orlando since 1997 , I believe .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2014 02:08

franzk
flilflam

All the months and years after!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2014 03:32

franzk
flilflam

sarcasm is the lowest form of humour.

I've been told I excel at it.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 31, 2014 03:36

USA, please. The demand and $$$ is there for the taking.

MSG

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 31, 2014 03:57

Buses?confused smiley

Date: August 31, 2014 05:50

It's a final.

It's May, 2015.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home