Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Werchter Belgium 28 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 30, 2014 20:23

At 2:52, Mick gives Keith a pat on the back and clearly says "Good job, man! Good job!" Yup, Keith nailed it.

Also, at the end is Mick fooling around and referencing the little jumps that he did during the outro like he did during the TAMI show performance?

[/video]

Date: June 30, 2014 20:26

Brown Sugar

Date: June 30, 2014 20:28

Brown Sugar

Date: June 30, 2014 20:29

The Videoshow is complete!!!

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 30, 2014 21:56

tioms
To Green Lady,
And may I say a big thank you to tioms for all the local knowledge and research.

No, You don't have to say to me: thank you.
I've tryed to help fans coming to Werchter for the show.
Greetings to all of you,and enjoy the coming shows where are you going to.
For me I think it was my last concert I've seen.
My start was in Antwerp oktober 1973, and I think it ended saturday in Werchter 15km or 10 miles from my hometown.
Greets Tioms,

A big thank you from me as well, due to your information I had a very luxury night out in Werchter, knowing where to go, and how to get there, and even more important : how to get away ( in time ).

Thanxs tioms.

See you in 5 years I hope, at another Stones concert in Werchter winking smiley

Re: Rolling Stones - Werchter Belgium, 28 June 2014
Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 30, 2014 22:12

StrawberriesBlueberries

To me it looks like he was thinking of the rain. Didn't somebody write, it started raining during MR and that he "played" with the rain?

This moment was definitely about the rain. I remember when it happened.
MJ was holding up his hand during the quiet part in Midnight Rambler to check if he's really feeling raindrops.
That's when the drizzle started. It never rained heavily while the Stones were on stage at TW Classic.

Nikkei's earlier interpretetation is a bit off, in my opinion. It all made sense in the context of the weatherman predicting rain and the fact that it was dry for most of the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 22:12 by Chacal.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 30, 2014 22:16

Niek
Since saturday my son (10 year) wears his Stonesshirt with proud and says he will keep his 'golden circle' band forever on his wrist. He even didn't change for an orange shirt at the WCgame. It is really thanks to the great concert of the Stones he is a fan now. Before this, he knew the music but also had resistance because I love the Stones so much.once you see the Stones live, you'r on!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks for all the kind words about this.
It was my last concert of the europian tour but I heard from chairman dutch fanclub there will probably two concerts in Ziggodome next spring. So...

So cool!!! Must be a great feeling to share the love of the Stones with someone so close to your heart. Hopefully your son gets some more Stones concerts under his belt.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 1, 2014 04:11

Is it my imagination or is It's All Over Now another one of those instances of misheard lyrics?

In the version from Belgium, at 2:08 Mick sings "...with every man in town, spend all my money, playing her high-class games", when I could have sworn that in the Stones studio version I've always been hearing "playing her half-ass games".

Or perhaps he's just changed the words in this version....

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: July 1, 2014 05:50

MIck Taylor is not playing very good is he? And he does look like and old fat granny ... come on get him a trainer

Posted by: erad ()
Date: July 1, 2014 05:56

What? MT is setting MR alight!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 1, 2014 06:32

stonehearted
Is it my imagination or is It's All Over Now another one of those instances of misheard lyrics?

In the version from Belgium, at 2:08 Mick sings "...with every man in town, spend all my money, playing her high-class games", when I could have sworn that in the Stones studio version I've always been hearing "playing her half-ass games".

Thank you for verifying my hearing.

Date: July 1, 2014 09:50

Justin
At 2:52, Mick gives Keith a pat on the back and clearly says "Good job, man! Good job!" Yup, Keith nailed it.

Also, at the end is Mick fooling around and referencing the little jumps that he did during the outro like he did during the TAMI show performance?

[/video]

He had dancing lessons just down my street before the Oslo gig, and voila - the jump moves appeared grinning smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 1, 2014 10:12

stonehearted

Always heard "high class" on the studio version, thus will always hear it that way, not that I'm necessarily claiming I'm correct!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 1, 2014 12:05

I've finally had a chance to catch up on this thread - and thanks to everyone for the reports, photos and videos.

GreenLady - really enjoyed your report. I could relate to your experiences, especially getting on the wrong train!

Niek - it's great that your son enjoyed the show so much, and I do hope he gets to see another one!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 1, 2014 12:44

A few. My camera didn't like the front row area and that stage height.
Too many blur ones.
Some came out OK.

That's it for me this summer. Thanks boys!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 1, 2014 12:57

Just for a laught...
Ronnie and Keith. OMG.

TE
Oslo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-01 12:58 by TE.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: July 1, 2014 13:22

hahaha....eye popping smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 1, 2014 18:13

Thanks for sharing some great photo's and clips.
It was a good move to stay the night in Leuven so Tioms thanks for info.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 1, 2014 18:28

MingSubu
Niek
Since saturday my son (10 year) wears his Stonesshirt with proud and says he will keep his 'golden circle' band forever on his wrist. He even didn't change for an orange shirt at the WCgame. It is really thanks to the great concert of the Stones he is a fan now. Before this, he knew the music but also had resistance because I love the Stones so much.once you see the Stones live, you'r on!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks for all the kind words about this.
It was my last concert of the europian tour but I heard from chairman dutch fanclub there will probably two concerts in Ziggodome next spring. So...

So cool!!! Must be a great feeling to share the love of the Stones with someone so close to your heart. Hopefully your son gets some more Stones concerts under his belt.

mm i heard diffferent rumors.. after the shows in australia and new sealand, the stones will go to south america.. and after that london and ireland... but thats just rumors... we will see next summer smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:23

Justin

[/video]

He surely did nail it! I wish all the naysayers and nitpickers pondering “the way forward for Keith” would put THAT in their pipe and smoke it! Like all of us, I love it when the Glimmers interact w/ camaraderie & smiles smiling smiley I saw both Boston shows in 2013 and, though the performances were excellent, there was no perceivable warmth between them. Now the ice has melted and it’s a beautiful thing to see!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:43

DandelionPowderman
He had dancing lessons just down my street before the Oslo gig, and voila - the jump moves appeared grinning smiley

I'm curious about his dance training - was it a ballet studio? I've read that he incorporated ballet into his training regime years ago and I can recognize bits and pieces of classical ballet in his onstage moves.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: July 1, 2014 20:19

Justin

[/video]

Well now--! This spontaneous number is quite a gem and they seemed very pleased with it so boys please do roll some more out like that this week >grinning smiley<

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:35

Justin

[/video]

keith did a good job for sure but i think mick is first asking him to step up with his gesture and then ask "who step up?" and finally he steps up grinning smiley for the end of the song while keith noodles on the outro

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 1, 2014 21:50

stonehearted

I always thought it was "high fast games".

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: July 25, 2014 10:19

Irix

[Twitter.com]
Irix, first of all, thank you so very much for this shot.
Do you have a higher quality for this photo, please?

Edit: Forget about it, I know where to ask, lol!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-25 14:07 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home